Start by marking “Deities & Desires: Death On Line One” as Want to Read:
Deities & Desires: Death On Line One

Deities & Desires: Death On Line One

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  11 reviews
On a scale of one to dead, Stephanie's whirlwind date with the mysterious, uber-sexy Theo ends at a six--as in 'feet under.' But that end is just the beginning, and now she’s got one shot to save the heartbroken god of Death—and all of creation—from his destructive spiral.

Can a human prove to a god it’s never too late for love?

* * * * * * *
When the bored and lonely god of
Published August 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Deities & Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deities & Desires

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Kenneth Barber
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An engaging read from the first line. Death On Line One is a fast pace, witty, exciting read that left me wanting more. TK Barber has created characters that I want to hang out with. The plot moved along with no dead spots, always keeping me interested in what was happening. A wonderful debut novel from an exciting new voice in fiction. Death On Line One is a great read for anyone who enjoys romance, mythology, fantasy, or any combination of those genres. I can't wait for the next installment.
Evie Drae
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole, y’all. You wanna talk smashing debut? Look no further than Death on Line One by T.K. Barber. This book positively blew my readerly hair off, and in the best possible way. Not only is the title clever and on the nose in a delightfully unique way, but the story itself follows suit.

Barber has a way with words that’ll leave you yearning for more. And her skill with world-building—and playing off already established ideas in unique and wonderful ways—will leave you clamoring for the n
Felicia Grossman
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book and an awesome twist on Greek mythology (mostly Orpheus and Eurydice with a few twists). The world building, the modern/the PNR is seamless and fun, the humor is cute and on-point and the chemistry between Theo and Steph is super swoony. These are characters you massively want to root for to find an HEA even if that means overcome fate and death and has plenty of awesome side characters who will have you clamoring to get more stories. This book was such a pleasure to read ...more
Etta Silby
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't get over how wonderfully unique this story was. In a way, it's kind of a retelling... but only if you really, really stretch your imagination. Ms. Barber uses characters and ideas from mythology, but she twists and turns them into her own very, VERY enticing tale. I was floored by how innovative and delightful this read was. As a debut novel, this one knocks it outta the park for me. I can't wait to see what else Ms. Barber's got in store for us!
Amelia Foster
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a mega exciting review for me because I have been privileged enough to read a few of Ms. Barber's works (pay attention to her for updates on all the MANY releases she has coming down the pike) and fall hopelessly in love with her poetic way of writing and fresh descriptions.

Death On Line One is a unique paranormal romance. Why unique? So many PNR's I come across are centered on vampires, werewolves, shifters... you get my drift, you know what's out there. And those are all PNR's that I
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My goodness, what a fun and original story! I enjoy paranormal romance, but this was like none that I have read. I feel like I barely know what to say about it because it is just such a unique read that has to be read to be fully appreciated. The book is told in the alternating viewpoints of the hero and heroine; he is Death, and she is one of his soul calls. He escorts souls to the afterlife when people die. The heroine is zany and quite amusing; the hero, as you might imagine, is a bit more se ...more
Heather Wamboldt
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down. The story is fabulously well written and makes you laugh out loud in spots. The characters are amazing and have great chemistry. You do not want to miss this story.

Taralynn Moore
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
T.K. Barber weaves a wonder of voice and character that will keep your heart pounding with laughter and suspense. Theo is EVERYTHING! You will fall for him in an instant, then over and over again. Who knew Death could leave you always wanting for more?
Caroline Doig
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I ❤❤❤ this story it’s very well written with great characters, I loved Stephanie and Theo and he is a god. I admired Stephanie she knew what she wanted and that is Theo their love made my heart pound I laughed I cried and I was rooting for the both of them, throw in some Greek Mythology and you have one hell of a wonderful exciting story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read. ...more
T.K. Barber
Aug 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

It’s here, it’s here!

Thank you to everyone who made this possible, you’re all rock stars!! I’m already hard at work on the sequel, which is slated to release on valentine’s day next year!!
Maureen Marshall
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY GOD THE VOICE!!!!!
Review to follow but this is DARLING and so so so so good!!!!
Eva Thomason