Start by marking “Unverified: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Unverified: A Novel

Unverified: A Novel

Matthew Milles-Lade, a rich kid whose trust fund is suddenly in question, and Margo Valentine Melon, a writer whose career fizzled before it sparked, are two twenty-something strangers stuck living at home, trying to figure out their lives. When they each come across a real estate listing for a palatial (and significantly underpriced) guest house in one of LA’s toniest ...more
Published June 12th 2019 by All Moxie Ink

To ask other readers questions about Unverified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unverified

Start your review of Unverified: A Novel
Tracy  C
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute premise but a little too much going on for me. The romance wasn't as central as I would have liked but the were some really great humorous parts. I was a bit confused at the second part of the epilogue, though.....
Aurialis
Note - I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a full on drama-fest. It had jealousy, angst, lust, success, failure, anger, and everything in between. It was nicely written and though it was not a non-stop read, it was quite engaging.

What I liked about this book:

1. The theme of finding yourself.

2. The happy ending. (I am sucker for those)

3. The problems faced while becoming an adult.

4. Some humor that was introduced. (Not enough, in my opinion)

What I
Kimberley
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do not start this book until you know you will have several uninterrupted hours to finish it. It’s that good! Margo and Matt will steal your hearts from the first page. So will Kirby and Chelsea. And I dare you not to laugh at the incomparable Rita! I laughed so hard during parts of this book that my sides ached.

This book has the makings of a perfect RomCom movie... endearing characters that feel so real you want to know them in person, heartwarming emotion, the struggles of “adulting” and
Julieschreiner
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Need. Great summer beach read?!? This is it! I literally could not put this book down for 2 days straight! Crossing my fingers and toes it gets made into a movie
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
This was my first read by this author. It started off very slow and that funny. I was hoping it will get better so I kept reading. About half way it got better and I did find myself laughing out loud.

It was clear to me that Matt had feelings for Margo. Matt always had to protect his heart because it was broken by his dad and his mother passing.
Isha Coleman
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, flirty, fabulous. Unverified proved my intro to a well kept secret. Kristin Giese rocked my heart with her sense of humor and her irresistible characters. Matthew and Margo make over the top into an unforgettable ride. When two young people find themselves facing adulthood is when the fun really begins. Giese and company remind hearts it's okay to find a reason to laugh. Even in the hard moments.
Janet
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristin Giese managed to capture my attention and keep me reading straight through with UnVerified. The characters of Matt and Margo take quite the journey in this book and I'm glad I was along for the trip. I think that Ms Giese has a definite talent for writing thre dimensional characters with really clear voices. I appreciated that Matt and Margo had flaws and foibles and that I ended up rooting for them in spite of their shortcomings. Of course the dialogue is crisp and witty, and the ...more
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

Wow. What a fabulous book! I chose to read this while away on vacation and could not put it down.

I laughed, swooned, and fell head over heels for @MattlovesMargo in this light-hearted, but emotionally charged rom-com.

All of the players in the game, the up-to-date feel with an abundance of social media presence...I kept turning pages and shushing family members so I could fully appreciate all this story had to offer.

Honestly, I will probably read it again...and that is saying
MaríaLuisa
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a fun read! Even though the beginning felt a bit disconcerting to me because it kept jumping from Margo's situation to Matt's offering us background information about them and some of the other characters surrounding them in order to set the stage for what was to come, it still kept me interested, and once those two cross paths and their words collided I was completely hooked. Their chemistry was palpable from the moment they meet and I really enjoyed their repartee. I love ...more
Khristina
How do you write a book that makes me stay up past my bedtime? You make the characters sympathetic and the scenery gorgeous. A lot of contemporary romance novels only focus on the main two people getting together. Especially once it is introduced but this was treated as a subplot which was very refreshing. I found myself looking forward to their interactions rather than being sick of it being shoved down my throat.

It feels like this was a cautionary tale about ineffective communication. There
Barbara
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roommates, romcom
[ARC provided by All Moxie Ink via NetGalley] This book is what happens when you have a good idea, you know how to write, but you have no editor and a very rough idea about plotting. Beware, major spoilers ahead.

The central premise of Unverified is farfetched, but pretty much what straight romance is usually about: you get a girl and a boy in forced closed quarters, and they fall in love. However, the first big problem this book has is that, after hinting at the premise in the prologue, the
Meghan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from all moxie ink - Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I did not know what to expect with this book thinking that it will be a drama since the situation is similar to catfishing but this actually ended up as a romantic comedy like book that ended up being quite upbeat and very whimsical that it was really enjoyable. It was quite
Katarina
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished reading about 5 minutes ago, and still still basking in the warm fuzzy feeling this book left in me. I’d say this is the best book I’ve read this year, maybe even in two years.
It kept me up all night. Not because the suspense was killing me, and i just had to know what happens, but simply because I enjoyed reading this book so much, I didn’t want to put it down and i didn’t want it to end.
I’m so hoping there will be a sequel. The last couple of pages made me think that maybe there was,
Dora Okeyo
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of book that you don't put down once you start reading it. Well, that's if you love a romantic comedy or generally if you love characters who are witty and always find a way to make things work. Margo is down on her luck, but she's smart and knows more about marketing than her sister Kirby. So, she gets a chance to work for her sister until she gets back up on her feet- but somewhere along the way, she runs into Matt when they're looking for an apartment.
What happens when you
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I'm very torn with this story. The premise of the story was great, and I liked the two characters working together. However, what I didn't like was the weird tangents the author would take you on that had NO bearing on the story whatsoever. It was like every character that was introduced needed a backstory, when it was really necessary. I'd say the best part of this book was the last 25% because that's when things started to really make sense and the characters finally came full circle.

Reviewed
Beth
I got this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Netgalley and publisher!

I did enjoy reading this book, but if there are people that don't like the slow burn romances, this is definitely not for you. It took a while for them to meet, but when they do, it was 100% adorable the rest of the way through.

And the humor! This book was laugh out loud hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, the side characters, and all the dialogue.

I liked this book, didn't love it, but I
Michelle
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know you’ve loved a book when the first thing you do upon finishing, is check which other books the author has written. In this case, I was both equally impressed and saddened to find that this is the debut novel from Kristin Giese, I’m holding out hope for a sequel though!

It’s rare that I give a book 5 stars but what can I say.. I just loved this book! It has the perfect mix of romance, humour (hello Rita!) and pop culture with a little seriousness thrown in there for good measure.

I
Jenn
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh, I so loved Unverified: A Novel! It was so much campy 80's-90's fabulousness references in a millennial shell. Just so great.

It starts a bit slowly, which is good because you build into the story having experienced who they are when they meet. It doesn't just start at a random meet cute.

Oy, the characters and the jokes. I really was crying laughing at certain points (the comment about using rice grains to write a letter... it took me a few moments to be able to read my book again)
Tara
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER ALERT - Unverified does what an entertaining book should, take you out of your stressful life, distract you for all of the right reasons and leave you wanting more. I can't wait to see the characters brought to life on the big screen where they will shine amidst the dark, violent, gloom and doom stories that just season the negative culture of our current world situation. Yes, there is an audience for those kinds of stories but honestly, enough is enough! Bring back the Rom-Com, the ...more
Karen
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel!! It is the exactly perfect sort of fun, light, quick moving, and romantic read that is perfect for the summertime! It's a sweet and relevant love story for today's social media driven society. I have to say that the deeper into the story I got, the more I found myself casting actors and wanting to see this on the big screen finding it a refreshing change from our stressful, often violent world. If you want to laugh and be completely engrossed in a light, fun love story, get ...more
Armin B
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am actually a slow reader, but my wife kept talking about this book, and then she read some to me. I got involved and got a kick out of some of those characters. This is not the style of book I usually pick up, but I couldn’t stop reading it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I may not admit it to my buddies, but this guy enjoys a good romantic comedy every now and again. If they ever make this into a movie, I will let my wife take me with her.
Stacey
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book “ Unverified”. From the minute I picked it up I was hooked by page 8. I read it over a 2 day weekend and was so sad when I was coming to the last few pages. It is funny, witty, and delightful. 2 main characters you will hope to see in a movie version.
Brittany
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unverified is perfect for a summer beach read or for a quiet Saturday at home. Margo and Matt meet in traditional meet-cute fashion and their developing story is a fun tale that keep you reading until the midnight hours. I fell in love with the characters and was rooting for them the whole way through. I can't wait for the sequel. Please tell me there's a sequel!
Phyllis Reynolds
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has some interesting characters, good plot lines, and is very visual. I felt like I was there. In fact, I hope they make this into a movie, so I can really see it. I want to see the characters and that jacket Chelsea made. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Chelsea
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed the characters and the jokes. I really was crying laughing at certain points - Rita was so crazy, and all the eccentricities of her landlord. It was just so much fun to read. Even the details of her sister's business, the photoshoot, and even the Woman Dreamteam for the photo shoot was just outlandish and awesome. I
Kristin Caldwell
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! I love this book and this author! I am hoping for a sequel.
Mary Breedlove
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. A perfectly sweet summer read.
Farah
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want to read a brilliant rom com that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy, you HAVE to pick this one. And make sure you have time to read it all because it is very hard to put down!

Matt and Margo both arrive to view a rental listing at the same time. When the owner says she’s always wanted to rent the place out to a couple, the two pretend they are together purely to get themselves a place to stay.

Things escalate from there pretty quickly but not in the usual love story way. I won’t
Melissa
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked the premise and loved all the crazy characters. I liked that it was a story about second chances and finding yourself in a place that you least expect.
Gabriel Anderson
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the start, it was a little slower. I realized why later. When the book really took off, the author was making sure we knew these characters inside and out. She knew the roller coaster was coming and we wouldn't have time to catch our breath. Loved it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Then I Met You
  • Shortcake
  • When Polly Met Olly
  • The Accidental Life Swap
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
  • A Question of Us
  • Love Lettering
  • Foxglove Farm
  • Probably the Best Kiss in the World
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Been There, Married That
  • Fake Date (Dating, #2)
  • Regretting You
  • The Extra (The Extra Series, #1)
  • My Crazy (Sick) Love: A delightful laugh-out-loud romantic comedy
  • Love and Other Mistakes
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • The Love Solution
Kristin Giese, author of Unverified, is a talent manager, brand developer, and executive producer who began her career building the entirety of the Nate Berkus brand, amongst other talent as well as partnering with the likes of The Oprah Winfrey Show, OWN, Sony, Target, TLC, NBC, P&G, GMC, and so many more. Her love for estate jewelry is only outmatched by her commitment to vintage kimonos and ...more