Start by marking “Healing Hannah's Heart” as Want to Read:
Healing Hannah's Heart

Healing Hannah's Heart

Hannah Hart may have been burned by the breakup of her rocky marriage, but the ambitious Afro-Filipina model has big plans for her future. Her stunning looks and flawless skin provide the opening she craves to become a celebrity in the fashion world. Then an arsonist’s match brings Hannah’s world crashing down around her.

While Hannah recovers from her burns, she is forced
Kindle Edition, First, 400 pages
Published September 10th 2019 by Immortal Works Press

To ask other readers questions about Healing Hannah's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Hannah's Heart

Risa Nyman
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Healing Hannah’s Heart, and already I long for Hannah and Jake. This book makes you cry hot tears for the heartache and pain that author Preslaysa Williams brings forth in this poignant, debut novel.

Ms. Williams puts the reader on alert from the beginning that this will not be an easy, carefree story. Right from the get-go Hannah, a beautiful model, is severely burned in a fire. Her life is thrown into turmoil as she copes with the loss of career and adjustment to her sc
Melissa Henderson
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected major changes in the life of Hannah Hart cause her to question self worth, decision making and relationships. This story is filled with characters who have their own flaws and issues and yet, hope is found. Great story. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Preslaysa Williams for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Healing Hannah’s Heart is Preslaysa William’s extremely powerful debut novel that will pull on your heart strings. In my eyes this Is a must-read book.

The graphic designer did an incredible job on the cover of Healing Hannah’s Heart. It is so beautiful.

Preslaysa speaks from her heart through the voice of her character Hannah. Hannah is an incredibly strong character in this book-in more wa
Louise Emerson
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hannah Hart is a successful, perfect model. She ensure she takes good care of herself so she can keep her job.
Being a model is what Hannah is good at - she has to be good at it after what happened to her in school.

But Hannah's life is turned upside down when she is in a fire. Ending up in the burns unit where she had to recover for quite a while. Hannah has to accept help off her estranged husband Jake.

Jake - (who cheated on Hannah and had a son Tim) was torn between his son and helping Hannah.
Yindsal
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this “own voices” book with a different perspective than mainstream novels! The author managed to deal with many complex issues including race, blended families, incarceration, rape, addiction, body image, and so much more. I liked how it moved back and forth between the perspectives of the two main characters, and I appreciated how the characters weren’t “good” or “bad;” they were complex, realistic people doing the best they could given their their experiences. Definitely recom ...more
Melissa
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely inhaled this book. The narrative starts off with a gripping event and the tale proceeds at a deliberate, but steady pace.
I didn't really warm to Hannah until quite a ways into the book. She's not an easy character to like, but she's definitely real and struggles with many of the things that most readers would struggle with in her situation: trying to reconcile the life she had (and still wants) with the life that she must learn to accept. This flows through more than just her injuri
LaDonna
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was excited to receive an ARC of this book, however I struggled to read this book, at first.
Then I realized that it wasn't the book, it was the main character in the book! I couldn't stand Hannah for 99.9% of this book. Her almost 40 year old character was EXTREMELY selfish, self-righteous, and immature. Although she was redeemed in the end, redemption was an epiphany and would have preferred a journey. I think I would have had more sympathy for her character if she had matured and changed th
Sandy Fehr
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was fantastic and I couldn’t put it down. When I read a book, I like character development the most, especially when the author gets into the minds of the main characters with all their misgivings and feelings. This book nails that! The main character is a very successful black model when she is badly burned in a fire set by an arsonist. The self doubts that she has while picking up the pieces of her life, what she really wants to do with a future in a very scarred body, trying to ...more
D
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was about to give up on this book in the beginning; Hannah worked my nerves. I didn't care for her and when I found that her husband, oh I can't say what he did because I might be giving too much away. Anyway, I thought he was weak. I had to stop reading several times because the story just wasn't capturing me. I can't say when the turning point came for me, but all I know is a light bulb went on and I could see that the author was trying to show the journey to healing, not only physical heali ...more
Sharon Faurot
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a arc member. I couldn't put it down . Hanna is a model and her soon to be ex husband son by another women sets her facility where she is working out on fire and people died and she got burned badly . The hubby is trying to show how much love he still has for her . Parts if the book I cried parts I was going oh no too in my head . Must read .
Shannan Harper
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. This was such an amazing full length story from this new author. Not only does the story give us some cultural information, it will tug on your emotions. There were several surprises that I wasn't expected woven throughout the story. I truly felt bad for Hannah. I'm not sure how I'd react in the same situation. I think I need a sequel, because I would like to know what happens to the characters.
Jazmen
Sep 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
When I can gather my thoughts, I will leave a review.
Michaela
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is a uniquely special story, compelling and honest in its delivery. Hannah’s journey is real, heartbreaking, and raw. Jake is a man struggling to redeem his past.

Ms. Williams adeptly writes realistic, flawed characters that make you root for them page after page.

The ending caught me by surprise, and I am now curious about the next chapter in the characters’ lives. Ms. Williams’ writing style makes me want to read more about these characters.

An overall great read.

**I received an ARC of th
Maria
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book was so intense and powerful. The takeaway from this story was that despite betrayals and disappointments, love and forgiveness wins. The novel really picked up for me after Chapter 21, and I had to keep reading to see how the book would end. This is a really talented author, and I am look forward to her future novels.

*I received an ARC of this book, and I'm voluntarily leaving a review.*
Angela Royster
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah is hurt physically in an accident and during her recovery she has to heal both mentally and physically. You feel everything as you read along her journey of more than healing and growth. This story flows effortlessly and the characters are relatable.
Tracey Zelukovic
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, I could not stop reading it.
Liv Arnold
Jul 31, 2019
Hannah Carey
Aug 18, 2019
Preslaysa Williams
Jun 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dacia Arnold
Nitya (semi hiatus)
Jun 20, 2019
Tanya Agler
Jun 20, 2019
Preslaysa Williams is an award-winning author who writes contemporary romance and women's fiction with an Afro-Filipina twist. Proud of her African-American & Filipino heritage, she loves sharing her culture with her readers.

She is currently earning her second graduate degree, a MFA in Writing Popular Fiction at Seton Hill University, and she has an undergraduate degree in Spanish Language &a