Start by marking “Meant For You (Rocktown Ink #3)” as Want to Read:
Meant For You (Rocktown Ink #3)

Meant For You

(Rocktown Ink #3)

At twelve years old, I was torn from my family.

At fourteen I met her: my reason to draw breath.

One look into Everly Williams's big brown eyes and I knew I’d do anything to protect her. And for eight years I did. She was my world. My best friend.

But afraid I'd lose her, I held on too tight. Became a dark cloud blocking her sun. So I did w
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Meant For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant For You

Start your review of Meant For You (Rocktown Ink #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Meant For You is book three in the Rocktown Ink series by Sherilee Gray. These can all be read as stand alones but the characters do recur in each book and the books are much more fulfilling if you have read them in order and formed an attachment to each previous couple. This is a best friends to lovers romance.

Dane is back. In the previous books we have gotten to know Dane as a troubled, young man who is dealing with so many issues related to his childhood. He is Cal’s younger brother and Bull’s cous
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm not going to lie, I was nervous about this book. We got glimpses of Dane in the first two books and they weren't flattering. He is a major hothead and just reacted in a juvenile way. Thankfully we got some growth in his character from book 2 to this book. He's still pretty quick to trigger with his temper but he handles it better.

For not expecting to like Dane, I actually thought he was the best part of this book. The growth we got to see helped, but it was also the way you see how much he
Carvanz
I’ve been waiting for Dane and Everly’s story since the first book in this series and it was everything I hoped it would be!

Dane protected Everly while living in a foster home together. There are some really dark moments to their story but that protective instinct that was bred in him during those days has carried over into the years following. Add in that everyone he’s cared about has been taken away from him at some point and he’s walking an emotional tightrope.

Everly too has her own insecurities and fears. Dane had
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"It was like a veil being lifted, revealing what had always been. Everly had dug in so deep, was a part of my soul, and I didn't know how I hadn't seen it before."

I'm a sucker for a #Friends2Lovers romance...sigh. The fact that these two friends had met in foster care makes their bond even stronger. He was her protector then. He is her protector now. That will never change. What has changed is that they've grown up and...out.

"I mean, I'd always known she was beautiful on the outside as well as inside. Of course, I had. I wasn'tand...
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I am a huge fan of the Rocktown Ink series and could not wait for Dane and Everly's story! Their connection was evident in the previous books and it was amazing to finally get their book to see it firsthand.

I loved this story! I love how Dane was honest about his feelings about Everly from the getgo and how he knew he had to make her his. Everly likewise had strong feelings for Dane and despite feeling abandoned by him, always knew he was the most special person in her life. I loved
Dísir
2. 5 stars

Sherilee Gray’s ‘Meant for You’ was a read that I’d assumed would take up the star-crossed lovers sort of trope, given what went down between them in the previous book. But the direction this took—that made this more a friends-to-lovers romance was something that surprised and well, sort of disappointed me, only because it didn’t seem to have the impact of a reunion that could have been more heartrending.

As a result, I’m a little mixed about this book (despite its steamy s
Timitra
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meant For You is hot and steamy with a bit of angst. I loved Dane and Everly's story, watching them go from friends to lovers but there was a particular scene that I wasn't all the way sold on that ultimately dimmed my overall enjoyment. However it's still an enjoyable read, one that I recommend. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

Copy provided by author
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Let me just say that it was the cover and that beautifully broken blurb that initially pulled me in (I'm a huge sucker for a redeeming hero and a second chance!)... but I stayed for allllll the words. And you won't get any spoilers here. 😉

Sherilee Gray is brand spanking new to me (cherry poppin happened with this beauty!) and holy wow did she stun me so many times in this unputdownable, emotional best friends to lovers romance... leaving me breathless, flustered,
Shelley
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They’re meant for each other❣

Dane and Everly finally get a chance to put their pasts behind them and move on together, but not as friends as lovers💕 I loved this story as it is essentially a friends to lovers romance but also edges on a second chance romance too🤩

Dane and Everly have known each other for years and after an incident with Everly on a date, it throws everything into a tail spin and forces Dane and Everly apart for eighteen months. Now he’s back and he’s doing everything
Jessica Alcazar
Dane and Everly took up residence in my heart the minute I started reading and never went away! These two people! Man did I want them to succeed more than anything! I was so super stoked at how Sherilee not only wrote these guys but the journey itself as well! This is the author I fell in love with!!

I don’t know that I would call this story just a friends to lovers trope because for me it was more a soulmate to lovers. They were kismet from the get-go. It just took them a minute to get there *shrug* Honestly, that’s what
Sassy Southern
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been dying to get my hands on this book from the moment I found out it was the next one in the series! I LOVE these characters and couldn't wait to get Dane and Everly's story!

This book was no disappointment! It is book 3 in the series and can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading them in order because you do get to know each of the other characters better and what lead them to where they are. I feel like this makes each story more enjoyable for sure!
This book is
Isha Coleman
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wrapped in heartache is an inspiring tale of redemption. Meant for You does haunting, like only Sherilee Gray can. Dane and Everly take emotions on a grueling journey. Out of darkness rises a light that refuses to be extinguished. It would be so easy to get lost in the broken, but somehow Gray rises above all the bruises and finds a way to engulf hearts in hug that is never-ending and forever changing. From the abyss of despair emerges a thing of beauty that has no trouble uplifting us all.
Ash P Reads
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a “do not miss book” for all hopeless romantics. I was so invested in Dane and Everly’s relationship. In fact, I’d even dare to say that I’m their biggest cheerleader. It took a while for poor misguided Dane to figure out what a big heart Everly has so there are a few hits and misses. But I have to applaud him for being the first to realise that they were meant to be with each other. This is my favourite book in the series. Thank you, Sherilee Gray, for your wonderful, hopeful love stori ...more
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 30, 2019

At twelve years old, I was torn from my family.

At fourteen I met her: my reason to draw breath.

One look into Everly Williams's big brown eyes and I knew I’d do anything to protect her. And for eight years I did. She was my world. My best friend.

But afraid I'd lose her, I held on too tight. Became a dark cloud blocking her sun. So I did what I needed to, and walked away. I hurt us both.
Jen
We first meet Dane as the annoying "little" brother in Beg for You when Cal kicks him out of Rocktown Ink because he insulted Cassy. We continue to get glimpses of him in the rest of that novel and also in Sin for You, culminating in his leaving town to and put some distance between himself and Everly.

He's afraid that his overprotective tendancies when it comes to her are causing a rift that might not be overcome. When, however, it is his leaving that nearly does them in. Oh, and the fact that
Em
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
⭐⭐

No, what went wrong? The second book in this series was one of the best books I have ever read, and I was so excited about reading this one. I’m sorry to say that I was so disappointed.

I didn’t connect with either characters. I don’t know if it was because of the characters or the writing, but the story felt flat.

I was never given their full history (and I have read all the previous books in this series). All the things that made them who they were as a couple, like when they first met or w
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment they met their connection was undeniable, both quickly bonding over their uncertain home life, and being thrown into a unfamiliar environment away from everything they knew. Dane was her protector, saving her from unwanted attention, and her overbearing aunt. They were the best of friends, often spending every free moment together, then he made a mistake, one that scared her and left their friendship in limbo, so he walked away, thinking it was the right thing to do.

Not realizin
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dane & Everly have known each other since he was 14 years old, and she was 12. It was a very dark time in their life, and they bonded big time since they were all each other had. As they grew older, those feelings grew from best friends to love, until Dane left her for 18 months with no word. Her heart was broken, because she asked him to back off, not disappear completely, so she wants no part of him after he shows back up out of the blue. I get that he was a major hothead when he left, a l ...more
lowkeyreader
Everly was thrown into the foster home Dane was in. Since then, he was always so protective & possessive of Everly. She was his everything. For years, he had been the one to protect her. But he's afraid that he would be the one to hurt her, so he left her.

18 months later, he's back but Everly's not talking to him at all. And he hated that. She made a deal with him and it's one that he couldn't bear doing. There's only one thing he would do to avoid it, its to make her his.
R.f. Greenwood
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc
*sigh*
I bloody knew i was gonna love this book and i was 100% right. This book was out of this world amazing.
Seriously i can't get over how much i loved this book.
This book needs to be read so much.
Dane and Everly was so amazing, their relationship is everything.
The connection between these two characters was out of this world, you could feel how much they hurt, how much they loved, everything.
Everly i give it to her, i understand why she was hurt, i get her feelin
Jo
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It feels like this volume has been a long time in the build up - I know it hasn't, but Dane is a character whose HEA I was excited to read.  Because I knew it had the potential to be completely wonderful,

For my money, the author nailed this.  She could have drawn out the declaration of intent from Dane.  She didn't.  It was played with a completely straight bat, and the story worked really well as a result, because it was focused on the relationship rather than the initial dance.  <
Anne Milne
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the previous and don't feel that I was missing out on understanding the story.

The one thing that stood out for me was the loyal and deep friendship between Everly and Dane. Even though at the start of the book they are at loggerheads there is no disguising their love for each other. I really love when the reader can see something before the characters realize it. Watching Dane's jealousy had me laughing and at times willing him to calm down. I was just waiting for him to have tha
Pamela
Dane and Everly have known and been friends since childhood. Both have been through some hard times. Everly felt smothered by Dane's overprotective tendencies. Dane left town for 18 months after a fight in a bar without a word to Everly. Now Dane is back and wants to have a friendship with Everly again. The couple find themselves at a crossroads between being friends then becoming lovers. If they don't try they will never know how things could turn out. I loved the way Dane showed so much growth ...more
S
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the first time I am reading this author. I was intrigued by the blurb and I really enjoyed this story. The story is fast paced with likable characters. The book is part of series but can be read as standalone. I haven’t read any of the previous books in this series but I still enjoyed this story.

Everly and Dane are both broken characters and definitely deserving of HEA and of each other. They are childhood friends , I loved how caring and protective Dane was towards
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog

Sweet, sexy friends to lovers! Meant For You is definitely a read you do not want to miss. I loved how this was almost a cross between a second chance and friends to lovers. Dane and Everly have a story that is packed with emotion from the very start and trust me when I say that will hook you immediately and keep you hooked until the very end.
I loved how much these two already loved each other. Even when they were trying to overcome what had pulled apart their friendship that connection between
Annette Reavis
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As usual Sherilee weaves a story that will pull your heart strings as you turn page after page. Dane has loved and protected Everly since he met her and was honest about his feelings from the beginning. He knew she was the one for him. He works hard to earn her trust and the connection between these two is so clear and powerful from the beginning. I absolutely adore these characters and the storytelling shared with us by Sherilee. This book absolutely makes my hear sing! Another 5plus stars read ...more
Jennie Seaman
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
This book was beautiful! So so good!

Dane disappears from Everly’s life after realizing that he’s too overprotective. Everly is absolutely devastated. 18 months later he is back and ready to make it up to her. Can she let him in again?

Dane and Everly are perfect. I loved both of them individually and together. And seriously sexy tattoo artists who ride motorcycles are totally my thing. I absolutely loved this super sweet story! I can’t wait to see what’s next from Sherilee Gray!

**eARC provided
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

Hot, steamy and full of some intense emotions, Dane and Everly’s story will have to turning pages as fast as you can read them. After too much time apart these best friends start on a road back to a friendship that was forged in foster care. What follows is a journey to a new relationship, one where they admit they are each other’s whole world and navigate the path to a happily ever after that is best for them both. I cannot wait for more from the Rocktown Ink Montana Series!!
Brandy Roberts
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH yay loved this book Meant for you is one I've been waiting for ever since this character was introduced . This is book three in the Rocktown Ink series and can be read as a standalone and I can't wait to read more by this author in the future I hope to see more from the characters also . Loved the chemistry is was off the charts intense and just had me craving more . This was just a brilliantly done story and I can't wait to read more by Sherilee Gray .
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is packed with emotions from the beginning that it kept me glued to my kindle. Everly and Dane have this sexy friends to lovers crossed with a second chance love thing going on. They had chemistry/love for each other from the beginning even when they were trying to get past the thing that almost tore their friendship apart. I highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the next one!!

• All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Redemption
  • Neutral Grounds
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Feral Dragon (Earth Dragons #5)
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Between Me & You
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • Fighting For Valor (Away From Keyboard #6)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • The Best Kind Of Surprise (Best Kind Novella, #2)
  • Love In Santa Lena: The Complete Collection (Love in Santa Lena, #1-4)
  • The Exiled Prince (Royal Secrets, #1)
  • The Proof Is the Way It Hurts
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Pervade Duet: Pervade London & Pervade Montego Bay
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • Playing by the Rules (Playing by the Rules, #1; Pleasure Cove, #.5)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • My Pen is Huge (OHellNo, #5)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
Sherilee Gray is a kiwi girl and lives in beautiful New Zealand with her husband and their two children. When she isn't writing sexy, edgy contemporary and paranormal romance, searching for her next alpha hero on Pinterest, or fueling her voracious book addiction, she can be found dreaming of far off places with a mug of tea in one hand and a bar of Cadburys Rocky Road chocolate in the other.

Rocktown Ink (3 books)
  • Beg For You (Rocktown Ink #1)
  • Sin For You (Rocktown Ink #2)