Start by marking “Always the One” as Want to Read:
Always the One

Always the One

From USA TODAY bestselling author Tara Randel

She’s the love of his life… but is he still hers?

FBI agent Derrick Matthews has finally found his childhood sweetheart and the love of his life—but she isn’t exactly happy about it! Years ago, Hannah Rawlings disappeared overnight when her family went on the run, and she blames Derrick. She tells him she’s moved on and he
Published February 1st 2020 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about Always the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always the One

Start your review of Always the One
Jypsy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Prism and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Always The One
By: Tara Randel

*REVIEW*
I've become a fan of the Harlequin Heartwarming books. They are clean, charming, light and easy to read in a short period of time. Always The One fits the bill as another lovely Heartwarming story. Years ago, Derrick and Hannah were in love. One night, her entire family just disappeared. Not having any idea where she is, Derrick
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

“Sometimes we get a raw deal. It’s how we handle the tough circumstances that makes all the difference.”

I have so enjoyed the Meet Me at the Altar series by Tara Randel, and I’ve been eagerly looking forward to Derrick’s story. Always the One did not disappoint!

The second chance at first love trope has grown on me over the last couple of years because of the intense emotions that unfinished business and lingering love add to the story. Derrick and Hannah’s first kiss after all these
Kathryn Cooper
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn Cooper Writes Review

Always the One was another great book by Tara Randel. I mostly listen to audio books these days so when I actually read a book it has to be able to keep my attention. This book kept me happily wanting to read more.

Derrick and Hannah were the main characters and both told the story. They had fallen in love when they were growing up and were separated just before they eloped as teenagers. The main story took place 17 years after Hannah had been taken with her parents
Marie
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you in advance to the author, Tara Randel, as well as Prism Book Tours for providing a complimentary copy to review. A positive review was NOT required, and all words are my own.

As of last year, I have begun “warming up” to Harlequin’s “Heartwarming” line. My first two introductions were as a private review at an author’s request, and one was from a review group. I was hooked!

But, I’m no stranger to Harlequin books as I began reading them about 20 years ago. It was last year I was
Lori
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy blogging because I get to read so many awesome book this one included. I love helping to support authors to get their books promoted and I feel that this was the Lord's calling.
I enjoyed the story line and the wonderful characters that I got to make friends with.
Randal has pulled me into the story from the beginning to the end and I loved the suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out who done it.
I love a book that can keep me entertained all the way through.
Carole Jarvis
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2voaC5m

Always the One by Tara Randel is a heartwarming story of second chances and new beginnings. The series features the Matthews family, four brothers all involved in some type of law enforcement or investigation, as well as their mother. Randel has done a great job at loosely connecting the stories in this series, while allowing each to stand alone. I’ve loved getting to know the family and seeing them progress with each story.

Always the One is
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Always the One is from Harlequin’s Heartwarming line of books. I enjoy these books a lot because they are a fun, clean romance read. I’ve been looking forward to another book about the Matthew brothers, and I very much enjoyed Derrick’s story. My heart went out to him because he was still in love with Hannah, though she had left without saying goodbye and he hadn’t been able to find her. His brothers didn’t understand his feelings for her and kept after him to move on.
Suzie Waltner
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always the One may be my favorite second chance with your first love book I’ve read yet. The fact that Derrick has searched for Hannah and held onto her in his heart for so many years reminds me of why I love Jane Austen’s Persuasion. There’s something about falling so hard and deep in love at a young age, a love that stands the test of time and separation, that gives me all the feels.

Tara Randel ups the ante with a good bit of suspense, a reluctant Hannah, and the competition of her fiancé.
Janice Sisemore
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Always the one

Always the one is a romance with a little mystery. I enjoyed how Derrick and Hannah find each other again. They were childhood sweethearts that got separated. He finally finds her again but that is the mystery part. I never did guess who contacted Derrick to bring him back to Hannah.

This is part of a series but I have not read the other books. I want to read the other books sometime. I really enjoyed this book which can be read as a stand alone.

I loved how Derrick was so
Angel Hatfield
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Derrick Matters talked to his three brothers. Their mother was going to marry a man with a sketchy past and if they valued their relationship with her there wasn’t a thing they could do about it. He couldn’t deny she looked happy. Happier than they’d seen her since their dad died.They Cyprue Point crowd had gathered for the special occasion. Neighbors, town folks, kids and teens swarmed the beach located not far from City Park. Everyone brought a dish to share. Dylan was engaged to marry Kady ...more
Lenoire
Years ago, FBI agent Derrick Matthews's childhood sweetheart and the love of his life disappeared in the middle of the night. He receives a mysterious envelope with a clue leading to her. However, Hannah Rawlings isn't happy they cross paths again and wants the past to stay buried between them.

Hannah and her family disappeared overnight and went on the run during the middle of the night. She blames Derrick for not keeping a secret between them. Hannah is intent on moving on and thinks he should
Amy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when you can't forget your first love? Seventeen years later FBI agent Derrick Matthews still can't move on in his love life without thinking about his high school sweetheart, Hannah Rawlings. They had made such grand plans together but something happened and Derrick has only an inkling of what it may have been.

Hannah and her family have to disappear one night and enter the witness protection program and she isn't able to let Derrick know. But in a way, she blames Derrick for her
Margie
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once Upon A Time Hannah Rawlings and Derrick Matthews were much in love and planned to get married. But something happened on their way to a Happily Ever After. A big something! Hannah and her parents just up and disappeared one day. Derrick never forgot Hannah though. He kept looking for her, even using his FBI skills, but with no success until the envelope with a supposedly missing gem arrives. This also reveals Hannah's present location. With six weeks of vacation available Derrick flies to ...more
Hallie Szott
What a way to end the Meet Me at the Altar series! Tara Randel gives the final Matthews brother a second chance at love, and it is well-worth the wait (but unfortunately, Hannah Rawlings might not agree!).

Since her family disappeared without a word, Derrick Matthews wanted to find Hannah. Now, he knows where she is, and he has the perfect opportunity for a second chance with his first love—only she’s engaged to someone else and wants him to just move on. Obviously, as a Matthews brother, he
Lynn Brooks
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance full of mystery, memories and love everlasting! ALWAYS THE ONE is book four in Tara Randel’s Meet Me at the Altar series and brings us the story of FBI agent Derrick Matthews and the one that got away. The story line caught my attention quickly and I enjoyed watching them reconnect.

Derrick is easy to like and sympathize with as he reminisces about his first and only love. When he receives something in the mail that makes him think of her and wonder if it could be a clue of where
Cover Lover Book Review
I can’t remember ever reading a story that involved someone in the witness protection program, and I’m kind of surprised by that—considering how much I read! It’s an interesting aspect and one I learned from.

Starting a story from a male perspective gains points from me. I enjoy looking at things from that perspective and getting inside a guy’s head.

The characters are nicely developed and not always predictable. (yay!) I connected with Derrick and loved his patience most of all. Anna (Hannah)
Kate Vale
Derrick Matthews, FBI Agent, has never given up trying to locate his high school sweetheart, Hannah Rawlings. When he receives a gem and an address, he knows he has to follow up and find her, but when he does, is he too late? She's already engaged. But will that last and what's with the presence of yet another gem? Does this mean he will learn why Hannah's family had to go into witness protection? And who might be stalking her now?

So many questions even as Derrick does his best to win Hannah
Harlequin Books