Start by marking “Turmoil (Days of Want #3)” as Want to Read:
Turmoil (Days of Want #3)

Turmoil

(Days of Want #3)

A new threat emerges…

…from an unexpected source.

Lives hang in the balance.

As Maddie, Zack, and their group struggle to secure the cabin, the community grapples to find justice in a lawless world when a girl goes missing.

Amid turmoil and bloodshed, Maddie learns evil comes in all shapes and sizes.

No one can be trusted.

After Maddie and Zack find old enemies
Published June 13th 2019 by Shaky Rock Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Turmoil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turmoil

Start your review of Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
Lisa Rodgers
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple, Clean, Enjoyable

A great little book and series.

I've reviewed the previous book at length, so I won't repeat it all. Suffice to say that I still recommend this series.

One minor nitpick I do have to share: too many folks in the core story arcs do dangerous things and always survive even incredible odds. Peripheral characters get killed off, and injuries/wounds do happen to the mIn characters...but for the core group members to have survived all of this P-A violence is, well, too good to
Chris Wells
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read this book not long after reading Turbulent and Hunted, parts one and two of the series, so I didn’t have to wait long to find out what was in store for my favourite survivors. Things seem to be coming together quite well for everyone despite the obvious struggles trying to rebuild in the apocalypse would bring. Unfortunately, that’s when things turn bad as a local girl goes missing. Maddie and co. offer to help find her but what they soon discover is the worst remnants ...more
Brian
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
More intense, more action and............ you will find out !!!!!

A GREAT READ !!!! This book is one of the continuing series which I find is well written, great character development and realistic in so many ways. The story lends well to the action and also the in between times when the characters are doing their daily routines to survive and the planning necessary to keep surviving. Their are even some interesting prepper tips that make much sense and is easily ‘do-able’. Overall an
Cindy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have enjoyed this series

I've enjoyed this series because of the depth of writing it has provided. The characters are diverse and we'll developed. They are people I can relate to. They have been placed in a wide variety of situations which will not be uncommon and have won some and lost some. Watching the evolution of their lives and personalities as they try to adjust to this new world is interesting. Can they continue even though loss is so closely stalking them? It is why I look forward to
Ronald D. Kline
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

As always, Payne has written another great read! I was so excited to come across this one after having read the first one several months ago. It’s like running into an old friend you didn’t realize you missed until you ran into them in a store. You start catching up and you realize how great they are as they catch you up on their life! This author has a way of drawing a reader in and making you feel like you’re in the story. I can’t wait to read the next volume to see what happens to
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I had not read the first two in the series before I jumped into this one. It did feel like I needed to read them first in order to have a better understanding of what was going on. That said I still could follow everything.

There were multiple stories happening at the same time, it switched from one character to another and then another. The Author was building a bigger story with all of them involved. Which did make this story feel more like a filler for the main event, the Author building a
Coralee Malinich
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Story deserves at least 4 stars

Constant spelling, grammar mistakes, errors in wording, deserve a -1 star! They stopped me from enjoying the story. What happened to all those proof readers that were mentioned in the first book? I notated the errors if someone cares to go through the book and see what I’m talking about. I’m not trying to be a mean critic. She is a good writer and deserves a quality proof reader. Reminds me of another author whose initials are M.K.
Susan
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danger

There are 600 dangerous inmates about to be released from prison. It seems ridiculous that if there were an apocalypse that such a provision would be made for the inmates to be free. I’d like to see a little more growth in Maddie she seems rather immature at handling things. Now that we have all the major players gathered into one spot we’re ready for the next challenge great series. I recommend it to all that love an apocalypse.
Cindy A Perez
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written and compelling read.

Very well written and easy to get lost in the characters and storyline. I usually find myself annoyed with characters who turn out to be weak and stupid in most books of this genre, but I genuinely liked and admired the main characters in these books. Hats off to the editing as well. Misspelling and grammar faults are particularly irritating and I was impressed by the lack of both.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
For the most part, the story was fine though there were editing issues (Austin's name would be on a plaque and not a plague). The shadowy plot by the military and government surfaces at time and then just fades. The drama at the courthouse starts with announcement with the verdict but then we just have to surmise what happened in the aftermath story. I like how this group is coming together and it will be interesting to see how they will interact with the government people.
James Evans
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Khambalian????

Really? We had to have khambalian in this book? T.L.( whatever your name is), this was a fantastic story up until that point. Then it all went to SHIT! The characters coming from both directions of the country were great. The problems they faced were realistic. Then we had to have this??? Perhaps I should apologize for criticizing this author, far be it for me to be able to write near as well . But I wish this part had been left out.

Jann Weinrich
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great read, with interesting characters. Very real down the earth intriguing plot on how to function in an apocalypse. Payne is an exceptional writer who knows how to verbalize human reactions to a devastating scenario. Keep pouring out your ideas for young and old to enjoy. Thank you.
Richard
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This was an extremely well thought out book. The plot was quite well done with the intertwining of the events and interactions of the characters. There was one place that seemed a bit odd when Roger just seemed to appear from nowhere. Maybe some of his actions while hunting the sniper would have helped it work better for me.
Roberta J. Kassan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good series

Rhis seems to be another good series. Ijust wish that maybe a prolog of the characters could have bee included when i first started reading it as the characters were getting me confused in the first part and it wasn't until the middle of story that they straighten out. I do want to continue reading their stories
taxpayinghorse horse
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
PAGE TURNER, RECOMMENDED

Enjoyed kept me interested. Wish there were more details on the stores that they buried in the ground at the cabin. I'd like to know what they buried the items in how far they buried them in the ground and how long they were expected to last without rotting inside the places they put the items in.
michael fiumano
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mike's review

I absolutely loved this series. It had a nice steady flow and didn't drag on anywhere. The fight scenes where

Best series I've read in a while. The survival issues seemed spot on and the fighting was cool. It had a great flow and didn't drag anywhere. Can't wait for the next one.

Jackie Bauerelen
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge

It can't stop there! I need to know what happens next, how will the problem with the prison be resolved? Will there be issues with the prisoners? Is Austin really dead? What actually happened at the trial? Will Zach and Harmony become a couple and will Maddy and Jason hook up? I need book 4!
Patricia
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed

This series continues to get better as it goes. Filled with action and a realistic atmosphere overall. Even with losses, the group keeps growing and I'm glad they've finally found a way to each other. I can't wait to see how they will all do living in their new reality for the world they knew no longer exists.
Jeannie L. Byram
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read for any age!

This series is appropriate for teens to senior citizens. I found it even more enjoyable as I am familiar with the areas of Missouri and Illinois used in the book. Can't wait for book IV.
Larry Emsweller
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This third book in the series was a page turner, but fell a little short of the excitement in the first two books. Maybe the story line is getting a little thin. Proceeding to Book Four with eager anticipation
John Mitchell
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Payne third book about family surviving SHTF.

Author may have overdone it a bit with cartel battles, General establishing empire, teenage murderers, a crazy cult believing in aliens and 400 convicts. Still a tale with likeable charactors.
Rob Mueller
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

The story is great and the charters are wonderful! There is a lot of action and adventure that everyone goes through. Each one is a survivor and is driven towards the goal of finding each other!
Jenna North
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

Typically by this far in the series, you feel bored. This is so good though! Story is still lively with some surprising twists. Not what you expect to happen. Great writing and character development. Can't wait to read the next!
Dknees
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really loving reading this series and seeing where it goes next. There’s new threats every book! Only thing is I still don’t like the government chapters or understand what’s going on there.

Can’t wait to see the next adventures.

Susie Nelson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story line

I really enjoyed this series. There was something unexpected around every corner. I would have loved to have had one more book for this series. Will need to go and check the other books from this author.
Kimberly
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

Great characters and an intriguing and probable storyline. I’ve enjoyed getting to know in depth the various characters and their individual stories. Recommend this series for all apocalyptic reader ages.
Rhonda
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I Really enjoyed all 3 books where I couldn't put it down .Way behind on housework and yard work but can't wait for number 4 and see how they deal with the prisoners and that cult.
Lana Mccall
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

An interesting storyline with characters that are believable. A family that has prepared for an apocalypse struggles to survive and help the community around them. Luckily they have friends who have military experience.
Lisa Elliott
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware of the General!

Well this book had it all. It made me laugh, cry, scream noooo!, and then yell finally. This series just keeps getting better. Can’t wait to read book 4. I highly recommend this series you can’t go wrong.
Alisa
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Series You Don't Want to Miss

This series continues to not disappoint. The author stays true to the story all the while springing things that neither the characters nor the reader see coming.

• Survive the Chaos (Small Town EMP #1)
  • Survive the Aftermath (Small Town EMP #2)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • Lights Out (Surviving the EMP #1)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • Survive the Conflict (Small Town EMP #3)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • The Last Fight (Surviving the EMP #3)
  • Shelter In Place (Nuclear Survival Saga #8; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #2)
  • After the Fall (Surviving the EMP #2)
  • Surviving the Blackout (Surviving the EMP #4)
  • Crumbling World (Surviving the End Book 1)
  • All That Rises (Lone Survivor #4)
  • Instant Darkness: A Post Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (EMP Crisis Series Book 1)
  • Rules of Engagement (Survival Rules #4)
  • Ride it Out (Nuclear Survival Saga #6; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #3)
  • Make The Cut (Nuclear Survival Saga #9; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #3)

Days of Want (5 books)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Uprising (Days of Want #4)
  • Upheaval (Days of Want #5)