Start by marking “The Protector (Aces #2)” as Want to Read:
The Protector (Aces #2)

The Protector

(Aces #2)

Jane Singleton stumbled her way into the perfect nannying job. She cared for the sweetest little boy, adding a sense of ordinary into the eccentric billionaire family—until the family is abducted.

Chance Evans has a simple code. Do what's right and don't ask for trouble. Until the Thane family abduction, he'd never struggled with a mission... or found himself attracted to a
ebook
Published December 31st 2019 by Mill Creek Press (first published 2019)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about The Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Protector

Start your review of The Protector (Aces #2)
Dany Matthews
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm freaking TF out right now.
I just finished with The Protector and, whew buddy, that was intense. And deep. And sad. And hott. And amazing.
And I need a drink.
If you're not a Titan/Delta/Aces reader already, no biggie, this novel totally stands on its own. But if you are Team Titan, you're gonna be freaking TF out too. Cherry bombs and Easter eggs everywhere. Familiar faces and catch phrases had me SQUEALING and my husband looking at me like I'm a freak.
But on top of that we get
Michelle
The Protector delivers an unforgettable story with an abundance of heart palpitations!

Going seamlessly from a war-torn desert rescue to the ritzy glamour of the rich-and-famous, you're kept on your toes and encountering all the feels. Mixing fear with hope and laughter, chaos with nuggets of truth and adventure, the hits keep coming and force the pages to keep turning.

Chance and Jane both embody so many of my favorite hero/heroine characteristics, making it easy to identify and connect with
Wendy Hodges
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Growly Jared I had missed you. This is suspenseful throughout, you feel the tension building to something but gosh this completely knocked me off my seat at the climax, I so didn't see that happening. Poor Teddy I felt for that little soul I'm so glad he had his aunt and Jane he really needed that love. Jane was a fighter and was never going down all the while she could breath and she was loyal, understanding Chance and knowing the person he was deep down. I'm glad the teams had his back ...more
Suzanne Clemons
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While not exactly a prequel, the action in this book happens before the first Titan story (Winters Heat). Jane and Chance have a very sweet connection. Hot, but with respect on both sides. I really appreciate seeing Bossman while he is building Titan and seeing the original Titan team in the early days. I can't get enough of Bossman in grumpy cat mode! Definitely will be on my read again list.
Linda Carlson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This new Aces series is a hit! This story is intense throughout the entire book. There are a few twists going on here that keep you riveted as well as the details surrounding the locations and people involved.

Chance is a motivated and dedicated man intent on doing his job with or without backup. When he makes a promise, he keeps it. He is still getting to know Boss Man and the rest of the team but he has no doubt, they have his back when it’s needed. I love Jared’s growly disposition
Jenny
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cristin Harber has done it again. Another great book that I didn't want to put down. The Protector could apply to either of the main characters, which is great. Chance “Midas” is the Aces team member that rescues Jane, whom he dubs “Mary Poppins”, after Jane's employers decided that Syria was a great place to have a so-called family trip. The only reason that Jane stays at her job is for Teddy, the little boy that is her charge. She takes it upon herself to give him a sense of normalcy and love, ...more
Linda Ketter
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These people are freaking insane. That is all there is to it. My jaw was in a state of perpetual drop throughout this book. How on earth could anyone treat a child that way? And that final ending twist just made me want to strangle them.

I love that Chance took a chance with Jane. Even with the chaos, they found time to get to know each other. They didn't hold anything back. And the fact that he bonded with Teddy made him such a lovable alpha hero. I mean, who doesn't love a strong burly guy who
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is only the third book I have read by this author, and I have to say, I have become a fan forever.
This second, stand alone, book in the ACES series, belongs to Chance Evans and Jane Singleton.
Chance is part of the new ACES group, now stationed in Abu Dhabi. Jane, is a nanny to a sweet boy whose parents are wealthy, only interested in their popularity and will do anything to attract attention of the media and paparazzi. On their way to Abu Dhabi they get abducted and ACES is hired to rescue
Jessica Manderson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC for my honest opinion and review and OMG! This book is amazing. The chemistry between Chase and Jane is sizzling hot. With the strength of a heroine who doesn’t think she’s a heroine and a hero nicknamed “Midas” you just know you are in for a fun, explosive ride.

After a daring rescue overseas, these two characters must face the challenges and realities of a relationship in the real world. Along with some crazy side characters and humorous cameos from characters you know and
Marion Lent
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously left me wanting more!!

I'm super loving the Aces!

The Protector flows so effortlessly, you forget the time, that you need food or even a bathroom break. The Aces and Jane (Teddy, too) are lovablefrom the first introduction. Cristin definitely leaves the reader wanting more. Fantastic new series. I do wonder who's Parker's girlfriend.....hmmmmmm. ;-)
Lisa
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one action packed read that had me hooked from page one! Chance and Jane were a well written couple that have an amazing connection. As said before, this was an action packed read that had some twists that I did not see coming. I enjoyed the look at the Titan group that we got to see before those members had their story told. I would definitely recommend this emotional at times read to others.
Vanessa
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of action, suspense and emotion, this book definitely kept me at the edge of my seat from the start, which is something that this author is a master at doing. And the appearance of my beloved characters from the Titan series is also a big plus!
E-Reader Addict
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was equal parts excited and nervous about this book. Excited because Cristin Harber has been a favorite author of mine for years - almost from the time she started publishing. But nervous because several of her latest books have missed the mark for me - a couple of them by quite a bit. And while The Protector was definitely not exactly like my favorite Titan series, it was damn good!

Thank goodness.

Jane Singleton is nanny to four year old Teddy, the child of two of the most narcissistic people
NICUnurse Stephanie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Protector is book two of Cristin Harber’s new Aces series. Both books can be read as standalone titles but if you love a good series like I do, I highly recommend both books.

If you’ve followed any of my reviews, you have learned that romantic suspense is my all-time favorite romance genre. And Cristin Harber has been one of my favorite romantic suspense authors for a long time. It’s been a while since book one in the Aces series was released, so when I had the chance to read The Protector, I
Verna ONeil
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
it is great to see the next instalment in the new Westin Group Aces, with Chance Evans story (who we met in The Saviour), although I find myself very bewildered at the end of the story.

Jane Singleton is a nanny to a sweet little boy, with the worst narcissistic family, (with serious mental issues) who finds herself in a foreign country, abducted, and in need of the services of Aces team to help rescue them.
Chance finds himself drawn to Jane's strength of character, humility and general honesty
Kristen Russell
Jane has always seen herself as "plain Jane". Her job as a nanny for one of America's richest and most outlandish families, the Thanes, hasn't helped with that self-reflection. But she sure does love little Teddy and she is his sole protector. But when Jane finds herself in the middle of of one of the Thanes' hair-brained attention seeking schemes, she realizes that she many not be able to protect Teddy alone. Good thing she won't have to... Chance always focuses on the mission and he's good at ...more
Shelley
Midas the Protector

The next book in the ACES series is finally here Jane gets a job with the Thanes and finds herself in Syria with them looking after their four year old, Teddy. Unfortunately, things take a turn when they are abducted and Titan brings their men in to rescue the hostagesJane never suspected that this trip would be a turning point for her

I love all things Titan by Cristin, but I have to say this story was good but it could’ve been better. Overall the storyline was good,
Dawn Cruikshank
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Protector

WOW! Cristin has done it again! This story was intriguing right from the beginning with Jane heading into danger with the crazy husband and wife and her charge, their son. When the family is captured, the Ace team is called in to save the family. Chance is tasked to save Jane and Teddy. As they are almost rescued, Jane has to take a step back to save Teddy. Chance gets Teddy on the chopper but decides he needs to save Jane too. That is when these two start falling in love. The last
Whispers From
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boys r back

Jane is a nanny for a very wealthy, crazy family ( the Thanes). When the mother and father plan a trip to Syria with their young son and Jane, they end up being abducted. Chance is in the Aces group which is part of Titan and are stationed in Abu Dubai. Chance and his team are sent in to rescue them but Jane is left behind. Chance promises her he will be back, she just has to stay alive until then. Once back in the States, Jane goes back to her job believing she’d never see Chance
Viktoria Hergovich
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Protector is book #2 in the Aces series by Cristin Harber, but can be read as standalone.

It's the story of Jane, the nanny and Chase, member of Aces. Chase saves Jane from a dangerous situation, but they don't realise that the threat is not over.

I really liked both characters - fierce and strong, but the way Chase treats Jane let me fall in love with them. And of course, the appearance of Jared and Parker is just a perfect bonus for all, who love the Titan series.

Must read!

Ich mag den
Patricia
Better than the first

This one was better for me than the first one. I loved the other books - Titan and Delta series.

This series though seems a little more disjointed and not as well thought out.

The first part was good, but then after that it kind of floundered. How did Gigi know Chance by name? She never saw him during the rescue and didn't hang around after.

One of the previews said he needed to dind out why someone was trying to kill Jane, but other than Syria - which made sense as part of
TheVicariousHeroine
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am so happy to be back in Cristin Harber’s world. Chance and Jane’s story had Cristin’s signature page-turning suspense, a connection that made me “aww” out loud, the cutest kid ever, and a couple of references and even visits from the younger versions of Titan! I loved that these cameos weren’t forced and filled that Titan-sized hole that I’ve had since the end of their series. This second book in the Aces series is really sparking my connection to these characters and I can’t wait to ...more
Linda
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cristin never fails to capture my attention. I felt the gritty sand of the Syrian desert, and wanted to shower for the first half of this book. She always make the heroin sassy and strong. Jane was just that, plus she loved Teddy and put his life before hers. Chance is a typical Aces/Titan warrior. Love the additions of Jared and Parker, plus Winter's and Cash at the end.
Can't wait for the Aces #3.
Mariah Bowman
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 star read!

Titan, Delta, ACES!!!! This new series is as page turning as the previous series. This book in particular had so much going for it. A drool worthy hero, a heroine that could kick ass and secondary characters you could love and hate individually. With references to beloved characters and love scenes that steam up the screen. I can't recommend this book and series to enough people. Definitely a favorite and will be re read many times.
karen
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love these Titan guys. Love Boss man. Keep the stories coming. I am glad Chance got his story. Definitely glad I read all of the other books first. It is nuce to know the other guys being talked about.

I knew why Gigi wanted Chance to work for her. It was obvious. Can’t believe boss man did not see that one coming.

Jane was a real fighter. Wish her background was detailed more. Chance and Jane were made for each other.

Dud not see the end coming though.
Antionette Timm
Wow

Suspense, love, action, steamy, impact...words that describe Harber's newest addition to the Aces series. Reading this book is like cruising down the highway and then bam! Getting hit out of nowhere, but in the very best way. You will definitely say "I didn't see that one coming." You will not be disappointed.
Rose Ann
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started great but dumped in the middle.

Started great but even I could tell what the Thanes were doing in Syria! And then a man of Chances abilities to do security and even he didnt see what Gigi was up to. Titan group is supposed be smart and savvy but they certainly weren't in this book. I gave it 4 stars cause it started so great then poof it wasn't!
Jacqueline
I struggled with this one

It doesn't have the feel of previous Cristin Harber books.
It wasnt as gritty, I didn't get the image that Chance or Jane were particularly strong characters.
Nice to have Winters and Cash written in, albeit not for long.
I wanted to like it but cant say I did or that I would reread this book as a 8 have reread the Titan books.
Lisa Reynolds
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More cheeky and caring than full on alpha

I found this story a little different not quite as full on as the Titan and Delta series but still enjoyable with the usual sassy female but a tamer type of alpha. Although tamer once you get to know him he is equally adorable with how besotted he is with his woman
Kristy
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chance & Jane

While I really enjoyed this book I only have it 4 stars because a few places in the book were disjointed. I am glad that Chance and Jane got their HEA and I did hate Jane's employers before it was revealed had truly evil they were, so the writing was excellent as it made me to feel those things.

• Black Tie (Black's Bandits #2)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Passages (Kings of Guardian #13)
  • Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Our Time (Baytown Boys #11)
  • Angel and Wynn: A Red Team Wedding Novella (Red Team #9.8)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • Gabriel (Guardian Defenders #1)
  • A SEAL's Struggle (SEALs of Chance Creek Book 9)
  • Ice's Icing (Heroes for Hire #21)
  • Don't Shoot the Messenger
  • HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team #7)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • Marine's Promise (Iron Horse Legacy Book 3)
  • Trouble After Dark (Gansett Island, #19)
Cristin Harber is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She writes sexy romantic suspense, military romance, and new adult. Fans voted her onto Amazon's Top Picks for Debut Romance Authors in 2013, and her debut Titan series was both a #1 romantic suspense and #1 military romance bestseller.

The Titan Series: