Start by marking “13 Dark Tales: Collection Two” as Want to Read:
13 Dark Tales: Collection Two

13 Dark Tales: Collection Two

A headless corpse dumped in a field leads to a terrifying insight into the future, a UFO investigator gets more than he bargained for when he tracks down an eyewitness, and bank robbers find something in a safe-deposit box they wish they hadn’t.
Just three of the 13 Dark Tales, many inspired by macabre urban myths and sinister folklore, in this second collection by Michael
Kindle Edition, 1, 266 pages
Published June 13th 2019 by Michael R Martin

To ask other readers questions about 13 Dark Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13 Dark Tales

Start your review of 13 Dark Tales: Collection Two
Pamela Scott
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed

I enjoyed every story in this impressive collection. That’s rare. There are usually one or two duds in every collection of stories. That wasn’t the case here and every story earned its place. The tales were entertaining and quite original most of the time. I wouldn’t describe the stories are straight forward horror as most of them have a touch of mystery and suspense with some occult or gothic sensibilities
Matt McAvoy
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Martin’s collection of tales is both gripping and entertaining, and he does his readers a huge justice by encouraging them to use their imagination. These thirteen stories are not really horror, as such, but they are certainly dark, with more of an air of mystery and suspense about them than anything else. Happily, there is more than a small slice of the olde English gothic or occult influence in some of the tales, which I personally am a big fan of. Overall, I found the collection entertaining ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
I always find that giving a review on short story collections can be difficult. I always give it my best shot, though. I found this collection of stories an easy read. I picked it up, and it kept my attention. Each story is uniquely written. Each tale is written well and makes you think. I liked each one. I only wish these were a bit scarier. They all have a creepy vibe, some more than others, but none were just scary to me.

My favorite was Thin Ice. It gave me the chills. I usually do not pick a
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
If you are looking to read something that will cause goosebumps then this is the one for you as every single story within this collection will leave you chilled to the bone. I loved all the tales but Druid's Wood, Thin Ice, and The Talking Dead were by far my most favorite ones. I highly recommend you read this in the dark while listening to sounds of thunderstorms to give you the perfect reading experience!!
Lolapaige
Sep 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this. Normally a book this short I could finish in a few hours (especially short stories) but this one just couldn't hold my interest. Even when I made it to the end of a story I found myself bored with the ending. A little over halfway through I gave up. There are too many other things I really want to read to spend time struggling to pay attention to something that I just don't enjoy.
Jo
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
How do you like your scary stories? If you like something a little more subtle, where the scare is more like something glimpsed out of the corner of your eye that confronted full on, then this will likely be right up your street.

Frightfully enjoyable.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Miss S
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it was a brilliant follow-up to Collection 1. I think "Thin Ice"
was my favourite story, possibly because of the fantastic book cover, those eyes
looked like they were actually staring at me!!
DOT  JOHNSON

• Don't Scream 2: 30 More Tales to Terrify
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories
  • Lingering Things and Other Dark Tales: A Horror Anthology
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 1: Horror Short Stories Collection with Scary Ghosts, Paranormal & Supernatural Monsters
  • The Horror Collection: Purple Edition: THC Book 3
  • Carnival Of Strange Things (Creepiest Show On Earth Book 3)
  • Robert the Doll: Key West's Haunted Doll
  • Raindrops Like Blood
  • Under The Safe House & Other Stories
  • Under Rotting Sky
  • A Very Bad Year: Twelve Stories in an Anthology of Horror and Suspense
  • The Devil's Hour: 17 Terrifying Horror Tales in one Anthology!
  • The Sleep Experiment (World's Scariest Legends #2)
  • The Butcher's Husband and Other Stories
Mike has a degree in mechanical engineering and a HND in multimedia.

He has worked as a design engineer, a volunteer IT tutor, a medical records officer and is currently a freelance computer animator.

The aim of his writing is to create imaginative, supernatural thrillers populated by believable characters and realistic settings.

His influences are many, but he draws particular inspiration from the