Start by marking “Tasmanian SFG: Welcome to Hell” as Want to Read:
Tasmanian SFG: Welcome to Hell

Tasmanian SFG: Welcome to Hell

Jolie was three when she found she was ugly and deformed.
She was five when she found she was a sub-human and an outcast.
She was seven when five boys and two girls dragged her out of the orphanage and beat her unconscious, leaving her lying bleeding and broken in the street.
She was content to lie there and die, tired of being hated and abused. But a frail old man with wi
Published June 21st 2019 by Talon Novels

Doug McMillan
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific as usual

Subject says it all. The one complaint I have is its addictive. First I did not put the book down then it ended. I am in withdrawl waiting for the story to continue...
Tony Hisgett
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fairly typical C.R. Daems story, a heroine that starts out by being abused then becomes a combat genius. The book was very easy and enjoyable to read, although I think there was probably a bit too much combat. Also in the second major engagement at no point did anybody question the morality of killing natives who were trying to defend their homes.
Charles Wood
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tasmanian Devil's Special Forces Group

Wow! Jolie is my new favorite character and the Tasmanians are my new favorite fictional military group. Their organization is unique and effective. She combines an exceptional martial arts base with the pragmatic Devils' fast deadly attacks. She also has a incisive and intuitive approach to strategy and tactics. Her interpersonal skills and fearless approach to her life are admirable. The plot is immersive and the writing is remarkably skilful. You will fin
Aaron Floyed
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome start to a new series

Having not read anything from C.R. Daems in a long while I was pleasantly surprised to see a whole slathering of new books. Being in Australia, I was hooked on wanting to read Tasmanians and glad that I did.

This is an awesome start to a new series and is fast paced that even when there is no action, it is still a great read. It is a military story with martial arts highlights that focuses on special forces training and conflicts. During parts of the story I was r
Ellie
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
👍

I read through this super fast. I have being reading Daem’s books for a few years now and I was so excited when this popped up. I was sad when it ended because i was so invested in the story that I wasn’t expecting it.
I love the strong female character and her solutions to difficult situations.

Maybe a little bit of a spoiler to come after this

There is a torture scene. It’s not that graphic or anything but the idea makes me queasy so I thought I warn others. It is a sorta minor plot point. I w
Walter E. Norton
Different training

There are many descriptions in stories of military training, usually based upon Marine/ S. A. S. type programs. Thankfully, this story presents an alternative. Not that it is better, but just because it is novel. I am hoping for sequels , but fear that they may involve the more scurrilous aspects of male-female interactions, much as bedeviled the U.S. training.
T'Ericka Perry
Gah!!

It was so good!! We have a Jolie who is a social reject because of her mixed race parentage he almost killed them picked up and adopted by a martial arts master. She then decides to join the elite Tasmanian Devils unit in the army and goes head to head with men who don’t think she’s good enough because of her gender and a military who refuses to allow her to be great based on merit. Strap in for an interesting ride
mary pelkey
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sci-fi and military! What more can you want?

I love sci-fi and as a female vet, love stories combining the two. I also like the fact Luan's male teammates look at her as another teammate, not a woman. Also, the military is shown in a positive light with a few bad apples and are autonomous thinkers, not blindly following orders which is true most of the time...
I want more Luan stories
Levi Jennings
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five THUMBS ☝

👍 Job, much better I thought it was going to be. I actually hated that the book ended. The character Luan is awesome, and it would be a shame if you don't continue with an entire series on the Tasmanian Devils and Luan. Seldom do you find that a 'stand out' primary character is an articulate,tactical thinking woman as you do in this book, and the action is outstanding while the book isn't weighed down with sex.

Tracie
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glad I took the time for this one.

I was slightly disappointed that this was Daems next release this year because I was hoping for the next book in one of his other series’. Boy am I glad he put this book out and that I took the time to read it. It was super entertaining and worth every penny and every minute of my time!
Walt Dunn
Tasmanian Deviltry with a Soupcon of Courage

This story valiantly demonstrates how training, courage attention to detail and the ability to look beyond the moment gather together to produce a gifted young warrior from a badly beaten child. Everyone should read this and be able to discuss the lessons to be learned.
Aleea J. Brewer
I won't mess with her

Lovely, violent tale of mayhem set in a different world and time. Acceptance by your peers, based on ability is a marvelous and wonderful accolade. That acceptance is empowering and encourages you to excel. I do hope another adventure of the Tasmanian Luan is headed our way.
Teresa Carrigan
It held my interest but I doubt I’ll reread it. I’ll at least try the free preview of the sequel. This is heavily blood and gore military SF, with a female main character who is too competent for credibility. Three stars.
michael j hogan
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this fast read. It almost seemed like a Y/A coming of age tale. However, it requires a real suspension of belief to accept an armed force accepting an untrained recruit into a Special Operations unit. Nonetheless, it was fun.
Douglas Hull
The spirit never ends

A story that captures the difference between normal and special forces. The nature is well represented by the will and determination to overcome adversity . Accomplishing one's goals by sure determination and guts.
Carlton E. Van Horn
Tasmanian SFG delivers an awesome military style read!

What a really well written story. Rousing start of a below notice heroine receiving specialty military training and ends and ends with a successful teacher student role reversal.
Robert Wellston
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Story from C. R. Daems

C. R. Daems supplies is with another story of page turning action. His plots are not complex but the action is never ending. If you like action you will enjoy this story.
Vincent
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Another great book by C.R. Daems, with interesting characters, lots of action, great battle scenes. If you loved reading other books by this writer you will definitely love this book!
Zephyr281
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of you liked black guard you'll like this

A good start, similar to black guard but with a combat focus instead of a protection focus. Would have liked to see a few more shorter assignments with civilian contact.
Kathleen Mcguire
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Enjoyable read. Well written, but needs someone to edit the left out of’s, the’s, a’s and to’s. If you can ignore these editing problems than you will enjoy a well thought out and enjoyable book.
Samson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samson

Thoroughly enjoyed this story, followed the characters without losing the original plot, stayed with the main character ,worth the five stars, would like the thought that there will be a follow up, but if not good job to this author,
Robert C. Miller
Fast and salty

Good book. The start is slow and low information. We don't know anything about the Master his background or what is meant by subhuman. After the Master takes Luan in, things pickup and don't slow down till the end. At The end of the book, you are left wanting more.
Melody
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to give this five stars. It is an intense art of war type story and very well written.
I hoped for more of the interior motivation for the MC.
She was awesome but despite being MC she was a cipher, machine like. I need the characters to be a little more fleshed out.
Kris England
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Wasn’t sure what to expect but I enjoyed this story of a young girl who kept going and didn’t let the little things slow her down once she decided on a direction. Great group of brothers to have at your back.
Judy Miller
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I am not a fighter, but couldn't put this down until finished. Read it if you want an exciting read about a smart gal.
Don Slaymaker
I always know I cn countme on Daems to provide an interesting story. In that regad he reminds me of Louis L’Amour. I just he would write more books.
Alfred Auger
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Reading

I found this book to be very good reading. I was sad to reach the end. I hope there is more to come.
Paulette Burkhart
Good read

Enjoyable read with both a strong female character and action. As usual another entertaining book from this author. Looking forward to a sequel
Matt Ivie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good as always

I greatly enjoy reading this authors books. Having a military background I greatly appreciate how he describes things and it takes me back to when I was still in.
Jodiedaly
Loved it

This new book and character, really reminded me of The Black Guard Series. I enjoyed it, in the same way and look forward to another book on the Tassy Devils.
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, and joined the military right out of high school. I served twenty-two years in the United States Air Force as a certified internal auditor. While in the military service, I lived in seven states and two foreign countries, and obtained two degrees: a BS in mathematics and an MS in computer science.

After I retired from the Air Force, I secured a position