Start by marking “La donna senza memoria” as Want to Read:
La donna senza memoria

La donna senza memoria

La bambina ha soltanto dieci anni. Quando la trovano, è immersa in una vasca di deprivazione sensoriale: non sente niente, non vede niente ma indossa delle cuffie collegate a un registratore che le trasmette sempre lo stesso messaggio: «Il mio nome è Sara Eden». I suoi ricordi non esistono più, il passato è un enigma. Le resta soltanto il suo nome e qualche indizio frammen ...more
Published 2019 by Longanesi

To ask other readers questions about La donna senza memoria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La donna senza memoria

Ken
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
By the midway point I’d realised that I just wasn’t invested in the characters, even though I liked the premise the constant jumping between the two time periods soon become tiring and frustrating.

Ten year old Sara Eden is found with her memory missing along with a Polaroid of a stranger and a hand written warning not to trust him.
Whilst the other half of the story is set in the present day.

Whilst I don’t mind a complex novel to really get stuck into, it’s imperative for the side characters to b
Louise Wilson
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sara Eden was born in Scotland in 1980. Her mother died giving birth. Her father was a tourist. This is all Sara knows a out herself. She has a few links to her past and a Polaroid of a stranger with one line written on The ba Kissed: "Don't trust this man".

When Sara Eden was just ten years old, she was found trapped in a water bath which was used as a homemade sensory deprivation chamber. No one knows why asana was pit in there, and Sara's mind had been wiped clean by the process. Her only poss
Liz Barnsley
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really cool, edgy thriller about secret government goings on, with a feisty and engaging main heroine who has no idea who she is or where she came from. But boy is she going to find out...

The plot races along with secrets uncovered along the way, there are some beautiful set pieces and a wonderful sense of adrenaline - I enjoyed every fast and furious moment of this one and read it in one sitting.

Ok it's a little far fetched but also strangely believable and this is one of those fun, perfect f
Pauline
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Trust No One by Anthony Mosawi is a thriller about a ten year old girl who when she is found by the police and social services has no memory of who she is or where she is from. She is in fear for her life and will do anything to find her mother.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Michael Joseph for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I just had a really hard time connecting with the characters and with the story. Often I just spaced out when military guys took over the story and I never felt that the characters fleshed out. The idea of the book is interesting, but it just failed to interest me. The worst part was that I often felt lost in the plot since the characters were so unmemorable that I hardly knew who was who and what they were doing ... it was a relief to finish the book...
Jannelies
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Michael Joseph for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

I thought when I requested Trust No One it would be a psychological thriller. When I discovered it was a book about about mind control and the security services I was not expecting to enjoy it.

The plot was not my cup of tea but it was certainly imaginative and never boring. I found the plot ridiculous at times with the then ten year old Sara Eden managing to escape capture from CCHQ. She also had
Karen Whittard
This book really wasn’t my cup of tea. I just didn’t ever connect with it. For me it was a little too far fetched and a little bit too unrealistic. The author bless him through everything but the kitchen sink at the book. But sometimes and especially in the case of this book. Less is more.
Elaine Aldred
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At ten years old, Sarah Eden is found trapped in a water bath used as a homemade sensory-depravation chamber. No one has any idea why she has been put there and neither has Sarah because she has had her mind wiped by the process. She only knows her name because a cassette player taped to her head keeps repeating the phrase “My name is Sarah Eden”. Apart from a cheap necklace and a few scraps of paper, there is a Polaroid of a man, accompanied by a handwritten note which says, “Don’t trust this m ...more
Paul
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trust No One – A Brilliant contemporary spy thriller

You would not believe this was a debut spy thriller from Anthony Mosawi, as he seems to have written something that will become a modern classic. While telling a story, Mosawi has a writing style that draws you in and when you next look up you are one hundred pages in and cannot book the book down.

When Social Services, in 1993, first find Sarah Eden, she is in what looks like a dirty cold bath, along side her is a polaroid photograph, inscribed
Lynne
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At 10 years of age, Sara Eden is discovered in a sensory deprivation water bath. Her only possessions are a cheap necklace, a Walkman cassette player, a few pieces of paper and a Polaroid of a man she doesn't remember; on the back of which is a warning - 'Don't trust this man'.

Sara is aware she's being pursued and in terrible danger but doesn't know why or by whom. As she sets out to discover her true identity, fragments of her memory begin to return. Still unable to connect the pieces, she know
Maggie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When she was ten 'Sara Eden' was found in a home-made sensory deprivation chamber. With her is a cassette repeating 'My name is Sara Eden', a cheap locket & a picture of a man with "Do not trust him." written on the back.

Who is this child? Why would this be done to her? The story switches timelines quite a bit which can be confusing. When I read the start of this book I wondered why I had picked it as military actions and espionage are not my usual reading of choice. However I was soon intri
Cameron
*2.5*

I personally hate negative reviews, for me they make feel bad for liking a book or make me like a book, less. Obviously, if it's pointing out negatives and it changes your opinion, that's fair enough but for me it kind of ruins the book for me, especially if I really enjoyed it! However! If you don't like a book, I feel that you should give justification. I love to contradict myself but I wanted to preface this review by saying that.

First things first, I don't think this book is for me (obv
Michelle
It’s 1993, ten-year-old Sarah is found in a homemade sensory deprivation water bath. The only possessions she has with her is a Walkman, a locket and a photo with a man on it and on the back in her mother’s handwriting it says do not trust this man. Sarah doesn’t know who she is but, she knows people are looking for her. So, she goes on the run, with the quest of finding out who she is and finding her mother.
There is a lot of action in this story and if you’re into spies and espionage, this is
Julie Lacey
This is a good read but not as gripping as I thought it would be.
Sara is found in a house with a drug addict and the only possessions she has with her are a Walkman, a locket and a photo with a man on it. On the back it says do not trust this man.
Sara has no memory and doesn’t know who she is. Taken into care a man and woman collect her and Sara thinks she might remember them but soon realises she is in danger.
Sara goes on the run, with the intention of finding out who she is and finding her m
Jennyh
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like fast paced thriller/espionage novels, then give this author a try.
In 1993 young girl is found in a sensory deprived situation; who is she and who did this to her?
In present time an elite group of soldiers target the destruction of a building with a lone figure inside; why and who is it?
This fast paced novel is an intriguing read but has far too many minor characters who muddy the plot. With some unanswered questions at the end does this mean a sequel is planned?
Sara Oxton
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trust No One by Anthony Mosawi a thrilling four-star read. I really didn’t know what to expect about this book, when I read the blurb it sounded interesting, but it turned out to be not what I expected but still very good. If you like your stories complex and interesting and one that kicks off with a bang then this is one for you. Its so hard not to give spoilers as there is so much more going on in the story. Go give it a try and get sucked into Sara’s story.
CC
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a solid espionage thriller from a new to me author and on the whole, I did enjoy it. Sara Eden is a dynamic character with such an interesting backstory that you can't help but be intrigued by her. By the end, I did wonder if maybe there were more books planned with this particular anti heroine in mind.
I think that I actually preferred the more fast paced intro chapters, as I felt immediately drawn into the world of shadowy military intelligence. Unfortunately as the story unfolded and m
Jenna Morrison
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
This book is very fast paced, and a quick read. The plot can be a little far-fetched at times, but not any more than a Hollywood action film, which this reminded me of a little.

Sara is an interesting character, as she has no memory of who she is, and only a few possessions as clues. I enjoyed the intrigue of the story. There were a lot of minor characters introduced, especially in the second half of the book, who didn’t really need to be there however.

I enjoyed this book and hope to see more in
Marc Reeves
Underwhelming

Derivative and cliched; poor characterisation and plot ‘twists’ that were signalled a mile off. Some deft descriptions (downed helicopters, moments of near death experiences) completely undermined by lazy narrative and cheap allusions (cloaking devices, ffs!). Best avoided.
Helen (TBC)
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
On paper this should have been right up my street, I love complex and different and loved I Am Pilgrim (which was used in the NG marketing for this book), having tried 4 times to read this book I can't get into it - I've had to give up and move on .. just not for me
Mary
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite a thriller!

One of the things I liked about this book is it grabbed my attention immediately and held on to me the entire time. I could not wait to turn the page.

The premise of training young children with great intuition to become spies was so intriguing.
Debra
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of "The Da Vinci Code". Not because of the subject matter nor because they shared the same author. Rather because loving the Da Vinci Code is a bit of a guilty secret of mine. Loving this book will also be a bit of a guilty secret!

This is reasonably well written though not perfect. There are a few stray ends and plot holes. Although Sara is three dimensional many of the supporting cast are a little cardboard. There is much of this which stretches belief a little far such as
Elaine Tomasso
I would like to thank Netgalley and Michael Joseph for inviting me to read an advance copy of Trust No One, a stand alone thriller set in London.

In 1993 a ten year old girl is found in a makeshift sensory tank, a photograph nearby entitled "don't trust this man". She repeats "My name is Sarah Eden" and has no memory. Now she lives off grid as far from the men chasing her as she can.

I found this a difficult novel to rate but, based purely on my personal reading experience, I have chosen 3*. It is
Margaret Duke-Wyer
Where do I start? At the beginning, right? Well, in this case, No. I put this book down and abandoned it several times. In all it has taken be nearly three weeks to complete it. To be honest, it was worth finishing it, if only to make sense of the beginning of the book.

A ten year old girl is found trapped in a bath in a kind of sensory deprivation tank. Her name is Sarah Eden and she has no memory and is attempting to live off the grid to avoid the men chasing her. As the plot unfolds we learn m
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Trust no one was rather difficult to follow at times as the story telling was not linear and it wasn't always clear why apparently random things cropped up where they did. When the timeline jumped you picked that up as you read, this was often after re-reading a bit to try and understand what was happening and see if I had missed something- cue confusion. I did settle into this after a while but it was not a comfortable read for me.

Having said that, the story was excellent and despite the above
Graham McGhie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Thriller which ratchets up the action as the novel progresses.
Post World War 2 the UK security forces attempt to harness the psychotic abilities of a mother in an attempt to create the perfect spy.
Needless to say the experiment went awry leaving the subject, her son and daughter effectively with no proper memory of their family life together. Sara (the daughter) tries to find her mother, much to the discomfort of the security services.
However, the UK faces a massive threat; from Orpheus, her
Nicki Southwell
10-year-old Sara Eden is found in a bath. It is part of a homemade sensory deprivation exercise. She appears to have lost her memory and all they found with her was a Walkman player, a few pieces of paper, a cheap necklace and a polaroid of a man she does not recognise with the words “don't trust this man” scrawled underneath.

Born in Scotland 1980 she is alone now as her mother died in childbirth and father was a tourist. This becomes strange as she tries to unravel her past. Some of which is a
Susan Foulkes
I found this a difficult book to read, especially at the beginning, as the narrative jumped between decades and places making it necessary to concentrate hard. It wasn't a relaxing read.

As the book went on I did feel the tension building as links between people and places became clear, and the story line began to make sense, although parts of it were a little far fetched.

The main problem for me was the sheer number of characters. The main character, Sara, was well rounded and intriguing, but the
Laura Stevenson
Trust No One is a book that requires concentration to truly take everything in and because of that it did take me longer than normal to read this book.

Sara Eden is a girl with incredible powers that she doesn't truly understand. For that reason she finds herself being hunted down by the government for unbeknown reasons. However, going over her backstory we become aware that at just ten years old Sara was found abandoned in a memory deprivation chamber with no idea who she was but with a strange
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Zombie (Minders #2)
  • Sleeper's Run
  • Shielding the Suspect (Truman Brothers #2)
  • Sudden Recall
  • Ice Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #1)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Retirement Homes Are Murder (Paul Jacobson Geezer-Lit Mystery #1)
  • Secret Seduction
  • Deadly Memories
  • Mindsight
  • The Soldier's Holiday Homecoming
  • What the Earl Needs Now
  • Fallen Angel
  • Identity Unknown (Northern Border Patrol #5)
  • Final Protocol
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Hidden Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #3)
  • 40 Souls to Keep