Start by marking “Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)

Awakened

(The Oracle Chronicles #1)

Secret lineage, a ruthless vampire, and forbidden love.

Willow Stevens dreams of stardom are eclipsed by the real nightmares of a sinister man haunting her dreams. Unbeknownst to her, Eli Walker, her hot but snobbish co-worker, may know the reason nightmares plague her, but their history shows he is more prone to reject her, than help her.

Then Willow passes out at work
Published July 9th 2019 by Love Snacks Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Awakened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakened

Start your review of Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)
Angela
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: para
Give me more! This was a fabulous kickoff to the Oracle Chronicles. Willow has a lot of quirky charm and spunk as she learns about the world of magic and her role in it. Her love interest, Eli is super sexy in a refined, duty before pleasure, sort of way. This is definitely a slow burn romance leading to some steamy scenes worth waiting for. I especially love some of the secondary characters and their relationships. Moni Boyce wrote an intriguing story with a creative premise. It drew me in, ...more
LaKisha Dunn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start

I really don't like cliffhangers but this was worth it. This is a great start to a new series and I cannot wait for the next installment. I hope the wait between books is not long and the author continues to deliver. I will leave a more detailed review after book 2.
J.V. Speyer
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-reads
I hosted a spot on the blitz tour a few weeks ago for Awakened, and the book sparked my interest. Let’s be real, this one has a lot of the things that call out to me, right? There’s murder – or at least, there are some murder-adjacent activities taking place. (Does it count if they’re vampires?) There are all kinds of supernatural and paranormal happenings, and the people come from a variety of backgrounds. (I have to wonder about books where everyone looks the same. Don’t they worry about ...more
Jessica Roope
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully crafted, Awakened by Moni Boyce is sure to be a favorite in anyone's library. I was immediately captivated by the wide range, but never boring cast of characters and their mission. Willow and Eli dominated the story with a relationship that had me cheering for them from the start. With Willow's strong attitude and Eli's sense of duty and honor, I was enthralled to watch their story unfold as they took to the road.

If you love a killer storyline with a sweet romance and a splash of
Zakiyyah
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome! I just finished reading. There are so many layers involved! Beyond the romantic element (which I probably enjoyed reading a little too much), it's also about a journey of self-discovery, which is why I find the main character, Willow, to be so relatable. I also love how this story is woven into actual historical events that make it feel real. I'm looking forward to what Moni Boyce produces next! No spoilers obviously but....I have questions that need answers! Moni has a ...more
Danielle Lynn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first paranormal romance I read in a long time and I wasn’t disappointed. Willow is a young woman who finds out she’s an oracle while on the run from a centuries old vampire. To make matters worse, visions of death haunt her dreams.

Willow is someone that I found myself rooting for. I loved all the characters and I can’t wait for book two. This fast paced, quick read ends with a satisfyingly steaming climax.
Piper
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good mix

Good mix of suspense and mystery. Noni is trying to find her way in a world she knows nothing about. Eli is coming in as a great super hero character.
Carla Smith
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by this author! Just like her previous release, Redemption of the Heart, it left me wanting more. Can’t wait for the next in this series!
Cydney
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow and Eli

I enjoyed this book immensely, Willow a strong black female, with mystical powers is everything that my heart needed. I enjoyed learning and discovering Wiows history and her purpose in life. While we do get some history and background information on Willow, we are still left with enough missing information to try and figure out what to expect in the next book. Eli, our other main magical being sounds like a hottie, although he is aiding Willow in her quest, feelings begin to rise
Wanda Duncan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Moni does what I've been loving about so much Black media lately, she's created a really cool character that just happens to be Black. I identify so hard with Willow. The way Moni writes this book is artistic and so inspiring. It's one of those things that you're sure took time and dedication and she makes pulling together a book look easy. I'm lowkey upset at how I suffered late nights because I didn't want to put the book down. Thanks Moni and looking forward to all the things you write ...more
Lorinda Cockrell
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy that I can relate to

I enjoyed Awakened the characters are rich and the story6and plot are great! Willow is a character I can relate to her skin isn't pearly white and see through. Her strong will doesn't upset me because there is reasoning behind her actions. While she falls into a world she believes only happens in myths, she must come to grips with her destiny. Her journey to find her purpose will keep you reading to see how it all turns out.
Michelle Ferguson
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witches
I loved this book so much.
I expected the love story and got so much more.
What do you get when a chick, her standoffish – but super hot – coworker, her barista, her dog, and a random group of people from her life go on a road trip?
All I am saying is it is a great start to the series and if you want more you have to read it!
Melissa Johnson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice Start

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading. However, this book was pretty good. There is some back story woven in but, it did not seemed forced and it didn't bog down the story. It all flowed together nicely. Now I am off to read the sons book.
Jillian James
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magic and Adventure

This was a great read from a new-to-me author. I loved Willow and her strong will! There was a wide cast of characters and a good story that kept those pages turning. Sweet romance with lots of magic and a wonderful heroine discovering her destiny. Great read!
Lynette
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished this book in just a few days! It was wonderful and engaging from start to finish. I cannot wait to get book #2 in the mail. The story line was fast paced and imagery was nice too. I believe this series will be wonderful. Kudos to the author.
Miranda Horton
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay

The book was well written, but for me, a bit slow. It wasn't a page turner and took me days to read (normally a book this long I'd knock out in a night) I think the plot and story line is good, but for me was just a bit slow building up.
Shelena Becton
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read.

Thanks so much for a heroine that looks like me! It's not easy to find books like this with a normal black girl.
K. Lincoln
Not to my particular taste in terms of pace of story telling or personality of the main love interest/Protector. But probably just fine for others.
H NELMS
Joyceann
Jan 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mr. Vega
  • Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense)
  • Keane - Her Ruthless Ex: 50 Loving States, Massachusetts
  • Emanuel's Heat
  • Her Sweet Alpha
  • Awakening
  • The Dark Knight (Angels and Assassins #4)
  • Jacob's Song
  • STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • Broken Promises
  • Doctor Feel Good (Be Yours)
  • Sonata: Interracial French Mafia Romance (The Butcher and the Violinist Book 2)
  • The Nordic Lightning
  • Shadows and Souls (Eve Williams Book 3)
  • His to Keep: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance
  • Hexes & Oh's
  • Bound Through Time: Past (Viking Brothers #1)
  • His To Steal (Alien Overlords, #2)
Moni Boyce is a writer, filmmaker, travel blogger and author of contemporary and paranormal romance. She spent the last fifteen years working in the film industry and now creates characters of her own and brings them to life on the page. Moni has ghostwritten romance novellas and novels for over a year now and decided to put some of her own creations out in the world. She considers herself a ...more

The Oracle Chronicles (3 books)
  • Enlightened (The Oracle Chronicles #2)
  • Empowered (The Oracle Chronicles, #3)