Start by marking “Royally Schooled” as Want to Read:

Royally Schooled

They come from two different worlds.
Their love goes against centuries of tradition.
But he doesn’t give a damn.

Maggie

The royal family needs a tutor. Someone they can trust. Someone who isn’t swayed/distracted from their duties by working for royalty.
I’m perfect for the position, since I don’t know the first thing about English royalty.
My father needs money for medical bill
Published June 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Royally Schooled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royally Schooled

Jypsy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a complimentary copy.
All opinions expressed are my own*

By: McKenna James

*REVIEW*
3.5 Rounded Up To 4🌟🌟🌟🌟

Royally Schooled is a classic story. Commoner meets royal, but commoner doesn't know who the royal is. They fall for each other. The truth is revealed with minor complications. The happy couple drive off into the sunset, metaphorically speaking. The end.
But, I knew going in exactly what this story was, and I read it regardless of the cliches and predictability. I
Danielle Marlowe
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mckenna James did a great job on this story, Royally Schooled had a good plot. Maggie and Edward were good characters, they made for each other. Edward has never felt a woman like Maggie before, she made him feels things no one else has.
The attraction was strong between Edward and Maggie, their chemistry was sexy, sweet and sassy. These two were great together. I enjoyed their story.
This was a great story. Thank you, Mckenna James. Great work :)
Liz
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read!! it was a first from this author for me but will definitely will be reading more
Isha Coleman
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maggie and Edward come from different worlds. He's a Prince with the world laid out at his feet. She's a woman who carries the weight of the world on her shoulders. By chance is how they meet. She needs a job. He needs a tutor. What they find could be the undoing of years of tradition or the beginning of a forever kind of love. Royally Schooled feeds the fantasy of the heart. Though a tad cliched, James puts emotions at the center of a larger than life, slightly obvious, hard to resist fairytale ...more
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Prince/tutor romance with a twist! Maggie and Edward are an unlikely couple, especially since she has no idea who he is at first. This is sweet, soulful, with the right amount of sass and spice to suck you in!
Ellen
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This is my first story by this author and I enjoyed it. I liked Edward and Maggie and their families.
Nate
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Maggie & Edward's story. Great characters. This was a new author for me & I really enjoyed this book. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via an advanced readers program.
A
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was really a fairy tail read with a bit of drama to it. I loved the story line... girl needs money to help her family, falls for the “bad boy” and really has no interest in his royalty. I love the sweet vs sassy sides of the book. The banter was fun, the pull toward the wild side story line was entertaining. The sexy scenes added steam to the story! Overall just a fun read! Love the HEA!!!
Ash
Jul 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF@ 50%
Superficial & flaky characters. Couldn't continue reading it
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have only read one other book by McKenna James, and I am truly impressed with the creation of her release, Royally Schooled. This storyline, while fictional, is incredibly realistic and easily envisioned.

Maggie is a devoted Daughter and primary care giver to her ailing Father. With the medical bills piling up, she needs a job... and fast. From the moment you start reading, you can not help but fall in love with Maggie's character. After a devastating morning, Maggie heads out to get to her sc
Nikki
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A Quick, Short Romance Read With A HEA

3.5 Stars

If you are looking for a quick read, that has a HEA and a fairytale romance, then look no further.

The two main characters, Edward and Maggie, were interesting, but I found Maggie to be a bit unbelievable. It was hard to imagine that she moved to London, has spent a few years there, and didn't know who the Prince of England looked like. As for Edward, totally believable as a royal player.

Being that I am from England, there were some inconsistencies
Kentucky Bohemian (Grace)
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of romance, especially royal romance
A Young Girl's Fantasy...All Grown Up!
McKenna James managed to get in my head as a young girl and pull out my number one fantasy. Then deliciously steamy naughty bits were added, making for a wonderful read in Royally Schooled!

This tale is just plain *big sigh* delightful to read. It's sort of like slipping into a heavenly-smelling bath that's just the right temperature after a horribly no-good, rotten sort of day. You know how good that feels. Yeah. It's like that. Everything is just right with
Tara Ramey
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up.

It started out with a cute premise (American girl spills coffee on someone on her way to an interview only to find out that he is conducting the interview and later finds out he is royalty) but the execution could have been better. There were errors that proofreading should have caught and some of the dialogue and internal narrative was choppy or repetitive. I was disappointed in Maggie’s reactions to some things and she seemed slow on the uptake for someone who was suppose
Margaret McGovern
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and entertaining book. Maggie is an American struggling to pay her fathers medical bills so is excited when she interviews for a job with the royal family. She’ll be tutoring a prince and princess between the ages of 10-12. Edward is the crown prince and expected to become king one day. He hates his duties as the future king so is a playboy instead. I love the way Maggie and Edward Met. Their both excellent characters as well as storyline. This is my first book by Ms. James but I look ...more
Alicia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 for this debut romantic read by a writing duo. With a very sweet leading lady in Maggie, Royally Schooled is a traditional romance in many ways, and Maggie combines her kindness with a strong kind and integrity. The romance with its royalty link is slightly more difficult in the sense that, for me, being a Brit, we already have a Prince Edward and it is difficult to separate out the fictitious royal family of the book, with our own. My problem I know, but it influenced how I read it.
Overall,
Pat
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very enjoyable and entertaining read from the moment that I read the very first page! The great character and storyline development kept me totally engaged throughout the entire book!
Tara
2.5 stars, the story had good potential, but it just didn’t feel fleshed out fully
Kim Gauger
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved

Loved this little fairytale like romance. It was a great story and had some heat as well.A story of overcoming obstacles in order to be with the one you love.
Shelia.james
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Royally Schooled

Not a bad story, but does nothing for English Royalty, I do not associate pur royal family living on the fast lane nor using such language.
Jurae
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
An okay read

Good read. I loved the characters and the story line but the book seemed rushed towards the end. I would have also liked more drama.
Kathy
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and I thought that it was enjoyable to read. I liked the characters throughout and thought they were written well. Enjoy.
Brenda Nesmith
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

This was a very good book I can’t wait too read Drew Story I will recommend this book too everyone who wants too read it
Amanda