Start by marking “Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign, #1)

Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance

(The Gilded Sovereign #1)

From USA Today Bestselling Author Dani René, comes a new adult romance filled with lies, secrets, and steam!

I hate her. I want Dahlia to pay. Tynewood is my town, and she doesn’t belong here. While rage fuels me, my blood burns with desire.
I want vengeance, and I’ll get it.
No. Matter. What.
We’re on opposite sides of the battlefield — a poised flower, a raging warrior, and a mountain of sec
Published September 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruel War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel War

Miftahul _MsLovesReading_
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
" Revenge, like power and greed, is insatiable. It craves, it poisons, and it infests you like an addiction, and you’ll never be free.

title- cruel war
author- Dani rene
publish date- September 5th 2019
genre- romance, revenge, college romance
amazon- Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X328PML/...
my bookstagram- https://www.instagram.com/miftahul_ms...

♥♥♥♥♥

the first book of the series by Dani Rene! Ares Lancaster comes from a rich family, they own the town and the secret society. He wants to be one of the CROWNS but he has to prove himself and along wi
ABookLover73
Five dark stars for Dahila and Ares 💕!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read by Dani René and I was really impressed with this one. The book takes my heart from the first page and I didn't get it back until the end.

"Cruel War" is the book which will keep your attention through the whole book. That means that you won't take the break from reading until you finished it.

In this book, you will find so many angst, secrets, ups and downs that make you want more and more ever
TheSassyNerdBlog
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew going into this that it was going to be an amazing read and start to what promises to be an amazing series... and I was not proven wrong. True to Dani, she went in hard with this book and delivered. I knew in a matter of words that I was hooked. I was completely hooked and as predicted, I couldn't put it down until the very last word in the book.

Dani is known for her darker side of romances, the mystery, the unknown, the romances that will have you second-guessing everything you think yo
Kathy West
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ares is out for revenge. His mother is dead and someone needs to pay for it. Being part of the Gilded Sovereign, a secret organization made up of rich and powerful men, has its advantages and its disadvantages and Ares is going to use it to his advantage. To take down the family that took his mother away.

Dahlia has no idea but she is about to encounter someone who wants to take her down for the sins of her father. After moving to the town her father grew up in to live with her grandm
Rukaiya M.
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hey booklovers,

Today I am here with an amazing review for my favorite author's newest release CRUEL WAR, The Guilded Sovereign Series 1. The fun fact about this book is 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑒! 𝐺𝑜 𝑚𝑒.

❝𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐦. 𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧.❞

Ares and Dahlia are children of lifelong archenemies. With the help of some spewed out bullshit, deceit and a web of lies
Tre Talbot
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is filled with non stop action, twists and turns and of course romance. Ares is one determined man and nothing will stand in his way of what he’s wanted all of his life. Dahlia thought she knew about her family but when secrets are told your jaw will drop. We’re kept on our toes throughout this story and just when you think you’ve found out all there is to know, there’s another path that reveals itself. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for the Guilded Sovereign Series.
Kahea

***4.5 Stars***

I have to admit that it was the name of the series that initially hooked me. I really, REALLY wanted to find out more and I wasn’t disappointed! I was hooked from the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed watching as everything unfolded between Ares and Dahlia as well as getting to find out just what The Gilded Sovereign was all about and meeting a whole new crew of characters that I cannot wait to get to know better.

I loved Dahlia and Ares. Dahlia’s got moxie. She’s sweet, sassy
Denise ♡ Dreamyreads
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

“Emotion is dangerous. It produces a war within oneself, so cruel and completely violate, and nothing can stop it.”

Dani Rene is known more for the darker side of romance, the grittier and edgier bad boys with filthy mouths, and the sassy heroines that are their equal in every way!

She writes those type of romances that keep you on the edge of your seat, thrilled for the next page, and itching for more!

“Welcome to the inner sanctum. A society of gods. Welcome to the G/>
Mandie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Dahlia and Ares’s story! It was dark and delicious and I couldn’t put it down!
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
4.5 Golden Stars review

"Welcome to the Gilded Sovereign"

It was late at night when Cruel War book landed on my Kindle and I said to myself "I'll only take a peak and read one page or two" but it sucked me in and I had sleepless night afterwards. Dani Rene written interesting and intriguing story from the very first chapter.

Cruel War book starts new Gilded Sovereign series, where author introduces us to the new world of rich and powerful families who rule the en
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

I just loved this dose of gritty romance. It is a dark story full of enemies, revenge, suspense, and ultimately love.

This book had excellent plotting. I was intrigued with the story from the start and my enthusiasm only skyrocketed as I kept reading. Once I thought I knew what was happening, a plot twist would pop up and shock me. I loved th
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the inner sanctum.
A society of Gods.
Welcome to the Gilded Sovereign.

Dani René has just delivered another exceptional dark romance with Cruel War.

A story of the Elite, alpha Bad boys who are Deviant and dangerous and are set to take over their fathers places in the secret society when they turn twenty one.

The town of Tynewood is their playground.

I was sucked in from the very start, itching to find out how the story was going to play out. A dark and forbidden romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughoutplayground.
/>Welcome/>A
Joy Westerfield
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a phenomenal start to this new series! The story of Ares and Dahlia will hold you captivated from the very first sentence. This story has so much going on, so many twists and turns that will make your head spin! These two are not meant to be together, so much has happened in the past to warrant them not being in any kind of a relationship. But the chemistry between them, makes you think that maybe they will end up together?? Ares is a very strong, alpha character, who while very rough aroun ...more
Dani
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited that Dahlia and Ares are finally here! Cruel War is live, and it's also FREE IN KU! YAY! Grab your copy now!

US: https://amzn.to/2ZtSDDH
UK: https://amzn.to/2PhN9vY
AU: https://amzn.to/2ztECeF
CA: https://amzn.to/2Po6SKy
Mom2three
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing I love about Dani Rene's writing is the complexity of everything. Her plots are deep and twisted, and keep me on the edge of my seat, her characters are well developed, and she knows how to get your blood pumping with her passionate sexy scenes. I love devouring her stories as fast as I can, and then I always suffer a book hangover when I finish. The good thing about this one is that it's the first book in a new series, so there is going to be more of this wild ride.
This is an enemies
Jill Badker
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dahlia and Ares are part of a war neither of them knew existed. Nor did they want to be apart of it. But when we are born into a family we don't always get what we want. But do we have to follow what our ancestors did? Isn't change a good thing. Dani brings us on this crazy ride of the Gilded Sovereign and everything that comes with a secret society. But getting to know Dahlia and Ares made the ride so worth it. I can't wait to find out more about this sovereign and they people who are part of i ...more
Cheyenne
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cruel War was the first book in the Gilded Sovereign series. I can tell this series is going to be great! I look forward to reading more in this series. This book has great characters! Dahlia is such a strong character and I start to like Ares more throughout the story. This book is dark and will keep you guessing until the end.
Paula D
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah I’m blown away! Intense edge of your seat book. A hate to love romance that keeps you wanting more and more. Ares is a alpha male who will do anything for his father. Dahlia just rocks I love how she’s a fighter and her attitude just tops it off. Both together is like fire! I can’t wait to read more of this series but just this book alone is awesome! 5/5 stars
Julie Workman
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAAAHHH, THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Love, lust, anger and angst are a few things that comes to mind when I think about this book.

It consumes you in its entirety, I couldn't put it down.

Ares set my soul on fire, hes angry and bitter and hellbent on revenge, Dahlia is strong and sweet and is caught in the crossfire.

Go read this now!!

Cant wait for what comes next!!
Renee
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I hate her. I want Dehlia to pay. Tynewood is my town, and she doesn't belong here. While rage fuels me, my blood burns with desire I want vengeance, and I'll get it. No. Matter. What. We're on opposite sides of the battlefield - a poised flower, a raging warrior, and a mountain of secrets between us. I knew he was bad news the moment I laid eyes on him. Anger and lust swirl together when
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! WHAT DID I JUST READ?! I've got to say that Cruel War has become my favorite from Dani Rene, and seriously, she's completely hooked me & I'm hers completely! I don't want to go into details because I honestly 100% believe it's better going in blind for the EPIC experience. It's the story of two young people named Ares Lancaster & Dahlia Milton, who come from families which are bitter enemies. And I'm not talking about just an insult here & there, nope, it's like kill each ...more
Nikitasbookreviews
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest this is actually my first dani rene book! So I can’t wait to dive into this! I read rhe blurb for this book and that got me hooked!

Ares seems like a douche but damn is he a hot one! Lol and Dahlia is the quiet girl.... Ares wants revenge but from what? I guess we’ll find out! I also love books about secret societies!

Ares and Dahlia are intense! From the moment they first see each other it’s instant lust and attraction even though Ares hates her and she doesn’t know what
Caroline - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
Yay!! A new series to get my teeth into from this great author.

Hot Alpha Males are a big plus for me when it comes to what I read. Ares was just that and more. But what I really loved about this story was Dahlia. A young woman in a new town she knows nothing about, living with her gran who she has seen only a few times in her life. The only light in her life as she embarks on her first year at Tynewood University is her best friend who has moved to this tight knit little town with he
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, WOW! How is this the first book that I read by Dani Rene?! All I know is that I want to read all of her other ones right now! The blurb sucked me in right away and was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this to read and review. The blurb does not even give this book justice, it was darkly delicious and I am so intrigued to see what happens next in the series!

The sins of the father always passes down to the next in line, but what happens when those sins are even mor
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
(3.5 stars) Ares Lancaster has taken his place at the Gilded Sovereign. Part of a secret society of wealthy men at Tynewood that is part of his bloodline. He wants to seek revenge now that he has the resources to do so and Dahlia is in his sight! Dahlia Milton just moved to the small town of Tynewood to go to the university. She doesn’t know all the secrets of this town...yet. What is he hiding from her? Will their long standing family feud come between these two as well? Many secrets are held w ...more
D.L. Gallie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like this book....I loved it.

Preface, intrigued
Prologue, hooked
Chapters 1 - 34, couldn't put it down
Epilogue, perfect
Bonus scene, open mouthed and wanting more

Dani hooked me from the very beginning, see above. I had so many questions and I needed answers; and she didn't disappoint. For every answer, there was another question. She kept me guessing all the way till the end.
Cruel War has it all; intrigue, angst, slow burn sizzle, sexiness,
Jenny B
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving the start to this new series of books. THis book has absolutely everything I love in a book with the tension, twists, turns and the characters all were perfectly written which made me that much more attached to them. I adore the premise of the book and these styles of books and the power and corruption and redemption that come from them.

Truly a fantastic read
Daria
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sins of a Father ~ sins or iniquities of one generation passing to another. That saying was forefront in my mind after ready Dani Rene's latest release Crue War: An Enemies to Lovers. I started off intrigued, then slid into some stunned then at the end was amazed and that's just a few emotions that this book invoked.

Ares has his mind set on a goal: Revenge Dahlia is determined to ride it out. They both show strength and tenacity. Their lives full of secrets how do they decipher the truth from a
Mona williams
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow talk about a intense book! he wants her out of his town . under him or dead. she doesnt understand why he hates her so much. things are not as they seem. read to find out why! you wont believe how this book ends!
Anne Milne
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers with a difference. Dani never disappoints with her stories she always gives the reader the unexpected. Ares and Dahlia have a story of intrigue and secrets that kept me guessing. Almost every page reveals new twists and some draw dropping revelations. There is so much more to come from this series.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani lives in the

The Gilded Sovereign (2 books)
  • Volatile Love (The Gilded Sovereign, #2)