Start by marking “Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign, #1)

Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance

(The Gilded Sovereign #1)

From USA Today Bestselling Author Dani René, comes a new adult romance filled with lies, secrets, and steam!

I hate her. I want Dahlia to pay. Tynewood is my town, and she doesn’t belong here. While rage fuels me, my blood burns with desire.
I want vengeance, and I’ll get it.
No. Matter. What.
We’re on opposite sides of the battlefield — a poised flower, a raging warrior, and
Published September 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruel War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel War

Miftahul _MsLovesReading_
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
" Revenge, like power and greed, is insatiable. It craves, it poisons, and it infests you like an addiction, and you’ll never be free.

title- cruel war
author- Dani rene
publish date- September 5th 2019
genre- romance, revenge, college romance
amazon- Cruel War: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Gilded Sovereign Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X328PML/...
my bookstagram- https://www.instagram.com/miftahul_ms...

♥♥♥♥♥

the first book of the series by Dani Rene! Ares Lancaster comes from a ric
TheSassyNerdBlog
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew going into this that it was going to be an amazing read and start to what promises to be an amazing series... and I was not proven wrong. True to Dani, she went in hard with this book and delivered. I knew in a matter of words that I was hooked. I was completely hooked and as predicted, I couldn't put it down until the very last word in the book.

Dani is known for her darker side of romances, the mystery, the unknown, the romances that will have you second-guessing everything you think yo
Rukaiya M.
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hey booklovers,

Today I am here with an amazing review for my favorite author's newest release CRUEL WAR, The Guilded Sovereign Series 1. The fun fact about this book is 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑒! 𝐺𝑜 𝑚𝑒.

❝𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐦. 𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧.❞

Ares and Dahlia are children of lifelong archenemies. With the help of some spewed out bullshit, deceit and a web of lies, Ares is hell bent on using this little fragile
ABookLover73
Five dark stars for Dahila and Ares 💕!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read by Dani René and I was really impressed with this one. The book takes my heart from the first page and I didn't get it back until the end.

"Cruel War" is the book which will keep your attention through the whole book. That means that you won't take the break from reading until you finished it.

In this book, you will find so many angst, secrets, ups and downs that make you want more and more every time.

If you're looking
Tre Talbot
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is filled with non stop action, twists and turns and of course romance. Ares is one determined man and nothing will stand in his way of what he’s wanted all of his life. Dahlia thought she knew about her family but when secrets are told your jaw will drop. We’re kept on our toes throughout this story and just when you think you’ve found out all there is to know, there’s another path that reveals itself. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for the Guilded Sovereign Series.
Denise ♡ Dreamyreads
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

“Emotion is dangerous. It produces a war within oneself, so cruel and completely violate, and nothing can stop it.”

Dani Rene is known more for the darker side of romance, the grittier and edgier bad boys with filthy mouths, and the sassy heroines that are their equal in every way!

She writes those type of romances that keep you on the edge of your seat, thrilled for the next page, and itching for more!

“Welcome to the inner sanctum. A society of gods. Welcome to the Gilded
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
4.5 Golden Stars review

"Welcome to the Gilded Sovereign"

It was late at night when Cruel War book landed on my Kindle and I said to myself "I'll only take a peak and read one page or two" but it sucked me in and I had sleepless night afterwards. Dani Rene written interesting and intriguing story from the very first chapter.

Cruel War book starts new Gilded Sovereign series, where author introduces us to the new world of rich and powerful families who rule the entire town.
This is also a story abou
Kahea

***4.5 Stars***

I have to admit that it was the name of the series that initially hooked me. I really, REALLY wanted to find out more and I wasn’t disappointed! I was hooked from the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed watching as everything unfolded between Ares and Dahlia as well as getting to find out just what The Gilded Sovereign was all about and meeting a whole new crew of characters that I cannot wait to get to know better.

I loved Dahlia and Ares. Dahlia’s got moxie. She’s sweet, sassy and
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the inner sanctum.
A society of Gods.
Welcome to the Gilded Sovereign.

Dani René has just delivered another exceptional dark romance with Cruel War.

A story of the Elite, alpha Bad boys who are Deviant and dangerous and are set to take over their fathers places in the secret society when they turn twenty one.

The town of Tynewood is their playground.

I was sucked in from the very start, itching to find out how the story was going to play out. A dark and forbidden romance that will keep
Joy Westerfield
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a phenomenal start to this new series! The story of Ares and Dahlia will hold you captivated from the very first sentence. This story has so much going on, so many twists and turns that will make your head spin! These two are not meant to be together, so much has happened in the past to warrant them not being in any kind of a relationship. But the chemistry between them, makes you think that maybe they will end up together?? Ares is a very strong, alpha character, who while very rough aroun ...more
Dani
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited that Dahlia and Ares are finally here! Cruel War is live, and it's also FREE IN KU! YAY! Grab your copy now!

US: https://amzn.to/2ZtSDDH
UK: https://amzn.to/2PhN9vY
AU: https://amzn.to/2ztECeF
CA: https://amzn.to/2Po6SKy
Jill Badker
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dahlia and Ares are part of a war neither of them knew existed. Nor did they want to be apart of it. But when we are born into a family we don't always get what we want. But do we have to follow what our ancestors did? Isn't change a good thing. Dani brings us on this crazy ride of the Gilded Sovereign and everything that comes with a secret society. But getting to know Dahlia and Ares made the ride so worth it. I can't wait to find out more about this sovereign and they people who are part of i ...more
Cheyenne
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cruel War was the first book in the Gilded Sovereign series. I can tell this series is going to be great! I look forward to reading more in this series. This book has great characters! Dahlia is such a strong character and I start to like Ares more throughout the story. This book is dark and will keep you guessing until the end.
Paula D
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah I’m blown away! Intense edge of your seat book. A hate to love romance that keeps you wanting more and more. Ares is a alpha male who will do anything for his father. Dahlia just rocks I love how she’s a fighter and her attitude just tops it off. Both together is like fire! I can’t wait to read more of this series but just this book alone is awesome! 5/5 stars
Julie Workman
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAAAHHH, THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Love, lust, anger and angst are a few things that comes to mind when I think about this book.

It consumes you in its entirety, I couldn't put it down.

Ares set my soul on fire, hes angry and bitter and hellbent on revenge, Dahlia is strong and sweet and is caught in the crossfire.

Go read this now!!

Cant wait for what comes next!!
Renee
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I hate her. I want Dehlia to pay. Tynewood is my town, and she doesn't belong here. While rage fuels me, my blood burns with desire I want vengeance, and I'll get it. No. Matter. What. We're on opposite sides of the battlefield - a poised flower, a raging warrior, and a mountain of secrets between us. I knew he was bad news the moment I laid eyes on him. Anger and lust swirl together when he looks at
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! WHAT DID I JUST READ?! I've got to say that Cruel War has become my favorite from Dani Rene, and seriously, she's completely hooked me & I'm hers completely! I don't want to go into details because I honestly 100% believe it's better going in blind for the EPIC experience. It's the story of two young people named Ares Lancaster & Dahlia Milton, who come from families which are bitter enemies. And I'm not talking about just an insult here & there, nope, it's like kill each ...more
Nikitasbookreviews
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest this is actually my first dani rene book! So I can’t wait to dive into this! I read rhe blurb for this book and that got me hooked!

Ares seems like a douche but damn is he a hot one! Lol and Dahlia is the quiet girl.... Ares wants revenge but from what? I guess we’ll find out! I also love books about secret societies!

Ares and Dahlia are intense! From the moment they first see each other it’s instant lust and attraction even though Ares hates her and she doesn’t know what to think ab
Jenny
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, tour
Cruel War is the first book in this new series and can be read as a stand alone. It's a contemporary, romantic suspense with a dark, bully romance, enemeies to lovers element.

Dahlia came to live with her grandmother at Tynewood after the alleged death of her father the year before. She is to attend a college with her bestfriend Rukaiya, who also moved in the area with her father. There she met Ares, one of the heir to the seat of Gilded Sovereign, a secret society who controls the whole country
Caroline - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
Yay!! A new series to get my teeth into from this great author.

Hot Alpha Males are a big plus for me when it comes to what I read. Ares was just that and more. But what I really loved about this story was Dahlia. A young woman in a new town she knows nothing about, living with her gran who she has seen only a few times in her life. The only light in her life as she embarks on her first year at Tynewood University is her best friend who has moved to this tight knit little town with her.
Enter Ares
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, WOW! How is this the first book that I read by Dani Rene?! All I know is that I want to read all of her other ones right now! The blurb sucked me in right away and was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this to read and review. The blurb does not even give this book justice, it was darkly delicious and I am so intrigued to see what happens next in the series!

The sins of the father always passes down to the next in line, but what happens when those sins are even more than you r
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
(3.5 stars) Ares Lancaster has taken his place at the Gilded Sovereign. Part of a secret society of wealthy men at Tynewood that is part of his bloodline. He wants to seek revenge now that he has the resources to do so and Dahlia is in his sight! Dahlia Milton just moved to the small town of Tynewood to go to the university. She doesn’t know all the secrets of this town...yet. What is he hiding from her? Will their long standing family feud come between these two as well? Many secrets are held w ...more
D.L. Gallie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like this book....I loved it.

Preface, intrigued
Prologue, hooked
Chapters 1 - 34, couldn't put it down
Epilogue, perfect
Bonus scene, open mouthed and wanting more

Dani hooked me from the very beginning, see above. I had so many questions and I needed answers; and she didn't disappoint. For every answer, there was another question. She kept me guessing all the way till the end.
Cruel War has it all; intrigue, angst, slow burn sizzle, sexiness, a misguided hero and a sassy strong heroine.
I ca
Mona williams
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow talk about a intense book! he wants her out of his town . under him or dead. she doesnt understand why he hates her so much. things are not as they seem. read to find out why! you wont believe how this book ends!
Becky Ballenger
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ares and Dahlia are just FIRE!!!!! What a way to start this series!!!! I cannot wait to read more!!!! Dani Rene always holds me with every single book she writes!!!! She is absolutely brilliant!!!!
Sheena
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulously dark story of archenemies and revenge. Ares and Dahlia are the products of an old feud and are destined to continue the enmity.

The cruel war they are embroiled in shapes the protagonists destinies but fate does not always go to plan. I love all the characters in this story whether friend or foe; they are all fascinating, and in particular Ares’ personal development through the course of the book is well observed.

The world in which these characters interact is detailed and ca
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton

Cruel War by Dani René is book number one in René’s latest series, The Gilded Sovereign! I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to BETA read this one as well as receive an ARC and OMG ya’ll! This is one series I can NOT wait to continue! Dani René is one of my top one-click authors but Cruel War, WOW! I had high expectations for this book and René absolutely delivered PLUS some!!! Told in dual POV we start off with Ares & Dahlia’s story.

“Welcome to the Gilded Sovereign”

After a few terrib
PP's Bookshelf
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can trust Dani René blindly when it comes to delivering a twisted, violent, angsty and passionate story. And Cruel War proved that hundred percent. Ares and Dahlia's enemies to lovers romance set my senses on fire. It was erotic. It was dark. It was raw, honest and real. It was a cruel game of life, death, loyalty and redemption. And love bloomed in the darkness.

Ares is supposed to inherit a seat in the highly coveted and almost sacred table of Gilded Sovereign. The secret society with unlimit
Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
A Cruel War by Dani Rene is book 1 in her new Gilded Sovereign series.  It is an edgy, gritty romance with a foul mouthed, dominant male and sassy female.  Ares Lancaster and Dahlia Milton worked so well together. The way the characters played off each other and their chemistry was off the charts.  We are only starting off the series and already my head is spinning with how the story is unfolding. There were so many twists and turns. The revelations are shocking, but you just know that there is ...more
Michelle Austin
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arcs
Cruel War was a great 5+ star read.
Dani has once again pulled me into a dark and twisted world that I can’t get enough of and I couldn’t stop until I was done. Ares and Dahlia pulled me right in with their story.

Ares is part of an elite group what I would consider royalty in his town, the Gilded Sovereign. He has two best friends that are part of the Sovereign as well, Tarian and Etienne. Where one is, the others are close behind. They are dark and dangerous and love to play with women.

It’s
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani lives in the

The Gilded Sovereign (2 books)
  • Volatile Love (The Gilded Sovereign, #2)