Start by marking “The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams (Rabbits Leap, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams (Rabbits Leap, #6)

The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams

(Rabbits Leap #6)

The most magical time of the year…

Josie Donnelly spends most years pretending that Christmas doesn’t even happen! So, she hopes that the sleepy village of Sunnycombe will be the perfect place to escape the festivities…

Or so she thought! Spending time with (far too handsome) bakery owner Callan Stewart and his young daughter, Mia, makes her long for the family Christmas
Published November 8th 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams

Start your review of The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams (Rabbits Leap, #6)
Natalia  Ramlal
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas is the most magical time of the year. But for Josie Donnelly, it's a day filled with painful memories. Hoping to escape the festivities, she moves to the charming little village of Sunnycombe and gets a job at a family bakery. But the more time she spends with the handsome bakery owner and his daughter, the more she longs for a family-filled Christmas celebration. The Little Bakery of Hope and Dreams is a sweet, uplifting Christmas love story, full of holiday cheer, humor, delicious ...more
Claire Robinson
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
5 - "Maybe we need to rethink that kissing under the mistletoe tradition…" Stars!

Absolutely loved this one, perfect Christmas reading, both the H/h are working their way through some serious issues on the build up to Christmas, but nothing was OTT on the drama front, and add in a precocious but precious toddler, some great secondary characters, a lot of seasonal sparkle and it was an absolute winner! I hope the author has more stories in store for the residents of Sunnycombe in the future.

"To
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well if there was ever a book to make you crave all your favourite festive treats then its certainly this one. I was permanently hungry while reading this delicious book, and some of the cakes sounded Bake Off worthy!

I was hooked pretty much from the first few pages, I completely and utterly fell in love with Mia. She is the four year old daughter of widowed bakery owner Callan and some of what she comes out with had me laughing. Literally "out of the mouth of babes" moments!

And then there is
Gaele
I’ve read all but one of the books in this series (and the one is in my piles) and I just adore the coming together of not only the core characters featured in each story, but the community involvement, wanted or unwanted, that helps to add atmosphere, humor, depth and a sense of ‘place’ to the larger story arc. In this book, we meet Josie who has, for the umpteenth time, moved on to ‘somewhere else’ and is looking to use her baking skills (and front counter skills) to secure a job in the local ...more
Roberta
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. I really enjoyed it. It has lots of little funny moments, some heartwarming moments, excellent character development and a lovely Christmassy atmosphere.

I love the relationship between Callan and Mia, in fact Mia was brilliant altogether. The way that the people in the village care for each other is marvellous. Callan and Josie each working through their issues - I liked the way that they each thought it through in their head, they weren’t magically fixed by being in a
Corinne Rodrigues
I’m a sucker for books about single fathers and this one pretty poignant. Despite Callan trying his best to bring Mia up, there’s just something missing. And Josie, the daughter of a single father herself, knows what that is. It’s a book about learning to trust in love again and I really loved each of the characters in this sweet Christmas story.

I’ll certainly be reading more of Kellie Hailes’ books soon.
Loves
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve beinguniquebooks
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Callan lives in his bakery with young daughter Mia as Christmas approaches, Josie find herself arriving at their bakery and applying for the job going as front of bakery assistant.

Abigail was Callans wife who sadly passed away and left him to coepwith Mia and running the bakery, which it's obvious he's failing to manage as his bakes aren't up to much instead being hard and not the gorgeous delicacies his wife used to bake, which is where Josie comes in and changes things...

In a really sweet read
Emma
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed a couple of books by Kellie Hailes before, so I was pleased to receive an early preview copy of this book from Netgalley and the Publisher.

Josie does not like Christmas anymore, she moves to Sunnycombe, a quiet village, trying to escape the festive season. She soon discovers that the village has huge celebrations, and pride themselves on being the most festive village.

Callan is also trying to keep a low profile in the village, after tragically losing his wife. He is
Kathleen Gray
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely story! Josie has never felt tethered anywhere and she particularly hates Christmas because, well for a lot of reasons. When she moves to the town of Sunnycombe she finds more than she ever expected to after she takes a job at the local bakery. Cullen, the owner, is coping with the death of his wife. He's trying to raise his little girl Mia and keep the business going but he's not the baker she was and things aren't looking good. Readers of this genre know these two are meant for ...more
Patricia Brown
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy courtesy of NetGalley.

This is a charming story of a woman, Josie, who never belongs anywhere. She ends up in the small town of Sunnycombe believing it to be just another stop on her endless journey. But everything changes as she seeks a job in a bakery. Enter the owner who is on his own path of loneliness and walls. With the added benefit of townsfolk who believe heavily in community and traditions, the charming story becomes one of home and redemption.

Hailes writes a
Lee Ann
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a feel-good read. Kelly Hailes had me hooked from the beginning with this one.

Callan is a widow with a young daughter, Mia. Mia is the center of his universe, and she's utterly adorable and insightful.

Josie is a new employee at the bakery, and she's a little bit broken in her own right. But luckily Sunnycombe's traditions grow on her and help her heal..

The character and plot development in this book are gentle and warm, and well-written. This book definitely gives you warm-fuzzy
Steffi
"The little bakery of hopes and dreams" started out really sweet and I was sure I was going to love it.

We meet Josie who is looking for a new job and finds herself in the Café of widowed Callan. The beginning of the story was very atmospheric as well as emotional and I had high hopes for the book.

Somehow the book lost me throughout the story and I missed the atmosphere of the café and the emotions between the characters. I felt that everything was very rushed and I couldn't connect with Josie
Claudia Doke
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for my ARC of this book.

I really enjoyed this book. It is such a cozy, feel-good read - perfect for the festive season.

The chemistry between Josie and Callan is infectious, but it also feels realistic. And Mia - I can't get over her. I loved this character from the start: the sassy personality, they way that she just says what she is thinking. I loved it. I love the cast of characters that the author has created in the fictional town of Sunnydale.

This is such a charming
N
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cake, Christmas and a fluffy romance are three of my favourite things. This was really sweet story. Loved the slow, gentle way Josie and Callan fell for each other despite their individual fears about letting anyone in. Mia was adorable and I loved the mix of Sunnycombe characters like Margo, Brendon,, Lauren and Will that made the little village feel real. Oh and lots of cake talk which is always excellent. A lovely read.
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Such a delightful read, easy and light, with cute and relatable characters. This is a wonderful romcom, very festive, my second read by Kellie and confirmed me as a big fan now, will be reading everything she has written now, it’s a lovely feel good read, gives you warm fuzzy feelings and a big grin while you read. Want joy and happiness read a book by Kellie Hailes.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Meghan
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What better does one need to tuck up with on a cold day than a warm and fuzzy holiday story.

Josie, a single woman who never seems to stay in one place for long applies for a job at a bakery run by Callan, the widowed father of young Mia.

The story brings you the love of Christmas in Sunnycombe and how even if you don’t love Christmas it can work its way into your heart along with the people that live in a small town.
Lindsay
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, adult, romance
I loved The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams and it was perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit.

The basic plot is girl moves to a small town, gets job at a bakery (which is run by a good looking guy), has feelings for said guy, their stories come to light, they learn about themselves, and then The End. Nothing in the plot was overly surprising, but the charm of the small town and the main characters draw you in, while Mia (Callan's daughter) helps to keep you hooked. There was enough
Caroline
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read that was written by this author and I have to say it was fantastic. I loved the flow of the story it kept moving and didn’t disappoint. I couldn’t wait to find out the ending but I wasn’t ready for it to end. Thanks Ms. Hailes for such a great book. I would definitely read more of your stories.
Clare Moore
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

Josie hates Christmas. She moves to Sunnycombe and gets a job in a bakery, that Callan runs following the death of his wife the previous Christmas. Can Josie settle in the village, enjoy Christmas again and help Callan and his daughter Mia to see that Christmas can be a happy time.

Couldn’t put it down, read in one day.
Marti
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely Christmas story. that left me with the warm-fuzzies. It was very easy to read and flowed easily. The story was sweet and I especially adored the little girl. This was my first read from this author, but it won't be my last.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher was an advance digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Nicola Ragel
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful story about Josie who had been running from her feelings for years and finds herself in a lovely Christmassy village with lovely people finding her able to see a much happier future for herself. Lovely feel good fast read.
Thanks to Net Galley for this book.
Karen Kingston
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A relaxing 4.5* festive read by a new author to me.

The villagers of Sunnycombe love the festive season - can they help Josie and Callan rediscover their love for the festive season after life events made them sad?

The cakes at the bakery sound delicious - this is a book that will make you crave cake, log fires and snow.

Thanks to NetGalley and HQDigital for a digital ARC - my thoughts are my own.
Sanne
Ann Saveker
Nov 08, 2019

• Wishes Under a Starlit Sky
  • Christmas at Silver Falls
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • The Little Shop on Silver Linings Street
  • A Wedding in December: A Christmas Novel
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #3)
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • We Met in December
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • Finding Christmas
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Single All the Way

Rabbits Leap (6 books)
  • The Cosy Coffee Shop of Promises (Rabbits Leap, #1)
  • The Big Little Festival (Rabbit's Leap, #2)
  • Christmas at the Second Chance Chocolate Shop (Rabbit's Leap, #3)
  • The Little Unicorn Gift Shop (Rabbits Leap, #4)
  • The Little Bookshop at Herring Cove (Rabbits Leap, #5)