Start by marking “Dear Mr. Darcy” as Want to Read:
Dear Mr. Darcy

Dear Mr. Darcy

Aspiring writer Alivia bombs her Regency novel pitch to hotshot acquisitions editor Will Wright and the result is mutual loathing. But when another publisher wants Alivia’s not-yet-written book in 8 weeks, Alivia panics. Luckily, online book doctor Dear Mr. Darcy is there to help.
Will Wright has big opinions and an even bigger ego. When he’s fired from the publishing house
ebook
Published June 12th 2019 by Pink Bloom Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dear Mr. Darcy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Mr. Darcy

Start your review of Dear Mr. Darcy
Debbie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jaff, i-own-it, 2019-jaff
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars

This is a cute book that incorporates the process of writing a book into a romance and ending with a wonderful climactic scene. There are elements of the movie You've Got Mail, which, as most know, is a modern-day version of Pride and Prejudice.

Alivia has an idea for a Regency story. She's certain it's good, and she has an outline and the first two chapters done. She gets a last-minute ticket to a writers conference in Nevada and a ten-minute time slot to pitch her story
Sheila Majczan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book description is good and leaves little for me to inform others about this story.

Yes, Will is very rude in his rejection of Alivia's attempt to interest him and his publishing company in publishing her first try at writing a book set in Regency times. Then he further humiliates her when she approaches him during lunch the next day and tries to have him face his ill manners.

In this book we have both Will and Alivia with financial problems: hers because of school loans and no full-time job
victoria_tonks
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Two stars, mostly because I finished it. It could have been a good (because not too obvious) retelling of P&P, and an interesting peek behind the curtain of the publishing industry, but unfortunately, there was not enough substance to carry it through. The MCs are midly interesting but all the secondary characters are nothing more than props. They pop in and out of the story whenever it needs some propelling forward - and that's it. Also, the writing borders on simplistic too often for my ...more
Melissa Hayford
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that the book she is writing is similar to the one she is living. Probably not many authors can say that. It was interesting learning more about the writing and editing process. I felt like it dragged a little in the beginning, but it picked up halfway and really pulled me in. This was a fun twist on Pride and Prejudice. I love that Will's assistant is the one that helped him realize he needed to soften up a little. The relationship between Will and Alivia was sweet, both online and in ...more
Camille
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was an impulse read after I unexpectedly stumbled upon it. I loved the premise of Dear Mr. Darcy—a Pride and Prejudice-inspired romance between a writer and a publisher. As a writer myself, a lover of all things Jane Austen, and a fan of romances involving correspondence, I thought this would be a really cute read.

Unfortunately, the premise didn’t live up to my expectations. While I related to Alivia’s moments of difficulty writing to some degree, I found her entire process of drafting a
Lydia
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A artistic twist on You've Got Mail and Pride and Prejudice. Great fun read.
Isha Coleman
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Johnson takes the best parts of feel good romance and creates her own masterpiece. Dear Mr. Darcy is a slow burn, delightfully amusing look at love. Will and Alivia are full of great one liners, but each bark is a smokescreen for a lonely heart. Darcy will make a heart forget itself even as it puts a smile on your face.
Shanna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tis was a very sweet book. A very good modern take without being completely a modern take.
Donna Campbell
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever.

This was an interesting short story and my first from this author. This is a sweet, clean romance with a fun ending.
Emily F
Cute Enemies-to-friends Story

This was an interesting read. The characters were flawed and growing. I rooted for the love story, which was sweet and clean. I would rate this PG for kissing.
Jill
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Marie Bourgery
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never knew how much potential authors went through to get their books published. And how much agents' jobs relied on the success of the books they choose to publish, but I guess that’s how marketing works. Will was a self important jerk when he met Alivia, but losing his job and finding himself financially unstable forced him to change. Secrets come out as Will and Alivia start to fall for each other. There was plenty of humor and romance in this book. I couldn’t believe how financially ...more
Kerri
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute romance that had some twists that made it more enjoyable. Alivia's presentation to a potential publisher was eventful, but did not do anything to recommend her to the representative, Will. Will is a very self-absorbed person that is not a very likable person at the beginning. The characters are well developed. I like how Alivia fights to get her book published and that she buckles down to get help from Mr. Darcy to get the book finished in a short time frame. This book has a ...more
Terressa
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute and quick story. I really enjoyed this spin off.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists,
and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive
reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Jackie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever met someone who turns out different than your first impression? Go on the journey of Alivia and Will and see how perspectives change - for the better. Alivia wants to be an author; Will is looking for his next great novel to promote. If you love Jane Austin or Pride and Prejudice, you will love this modern day retelling.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Dear Mr. Darcy, neither Will nor Alivia makes a good first impression on the other. Then life and fate intervene. Will loses his job. Alivia has to write her fist novel in 60 days. She seeks help online. They meet again at Thanksgiving dinner. This book is a fun read with a lot of humor. It is also a sweet romance. I enjoyed it.
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story with tension where the reader knows what's happening before the characters.
Sherri

Laurie
Jul 15, 2019
Megan
Aug 15, 2019

• The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers #6)
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • Mistakenly Matched (No Match for Love #11)
  • Emma the Matchmaker
  • Love in Disguise
  • Catching her Cowboy Crush
  • Roxy's Song (Love in Little River #1)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • A Week in Brighton
  • The Reluctant Royal: A Royal Romance (Book Club 6)
  • Kit and Elizabeth
  • Falling for My Best Friend: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 7)
  • The Boyfriend Borrower: A No Match for Love Romance (Book Club 7)
  • Her Protector (Braxton Brothers, #3)