Start by marking “The Veiled Threat (The Veiled Duchess #1)” as Want to Read:
The Veiled Threat (The Veiled Duchess #1)

The Veiled Threat

(The Veiled Duchess #1)

Captain Shea Lara is the current leader of The Veiled Duchess. The most feared pirate ship in all of Neried. And now, after completing her former mentor's final score, she's retiring. Everything seems to be coming to an end... Until a mysterious stranger drags her back into the fold with an offer for a score she can't refuse. All she has to do is kidnap the crowned princes ...more
Published July 1st 2019 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about The Veiled Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veiled Threat

Lauren
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This truly seems to be the next great YA/Adult Fantasy novel. The characters and story are so in depth and satisfying. Sophia Menesini does an incredible job of creating not only an entire immersive world, but she connects the reader to these characters and makes us understand their fantastic struggles and lives. You will find yourself attached and excited for each character and will be begging to know what’s going to happen next in this ever magical and unpredictable romance, action, companion ...more
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from YA Bound Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Happy Friday the 13th all ya'll! Spooky season is officially upon us. While today's feature isn't particularly spooky, it does have a badass pair of women, one pirate elf and one human princess, which are always staples. Check out The Veiled Threat below with my  5 star review, excerpt, favorite quotes, and giveaway below!
About the Veiled Th
Myra Karbo
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was slightly hesitant to give it a shot but once I got through the first chapter I was hooked. There were little format errors but they were easily overlooked by how amazing the story is, and the depth of the romance between the two women. While Shea is great, Jo is definitely my favorite character. Her strength is real, and she felt relatable to me. Knowing this is coming from a self published author around my age I’m impressed and will definitely be reading the next one. Well done.
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
3.5/5

Beautiful redheaded elven pirate captain who loves her pirate crew like family and is a kickass leader, meets, beautiful stubborn Princess who has lived a pretty isolated life.

Pirate Captain meets Princess.

Pirate Captain steals Princess.

Honestly guys this is a wild action packed ride from start to finish. I could not help loving Captain Shea Lara as soon as I read the first page. She’s great, daring, charming, everything a swashbuckling pirate captai
Jessica Belmont
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Veiled Threat has everything I’d expect to find in a NA Fantasy. Romance, action, and an immersive and well-developed world! I’m really excited that I had the opportunity to read this.

Sophia Menesini’s world-building skills are incredible. I was sucked into the world and I was able to forget about where I really was for a while. A truly good book transport you, and that is what The Veiled Threat did for me.

The characters are relatable and wonderful. I was attached to them immediately, and th
Kat
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's a dark pirate story that takes you by storm from start to finish.

It's everything you want from the action-packed, fast-paced plot to the well-written world, I couldn't put this one down. It perfectly meshed a fantasy pirate story within an intense, female-empowering world!

I gave this one 5 out of 5 stars. The romance is definitely new adult and wasn't predictable as you normally find in this category. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Rose Klapperich
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest I wasn't expecting much. Unknown author, independently published, and so it sat on my bookshelf for a couple of weeks. Finally decided to read and I finished it in two days. I see these 3-star reviews and I'm just kinda like how? Because I was entertained throughout the whole story. Fast-paced it kept moving and it made me want to read more and more. The world of Nereid is interesting and fun, though I hope we hear more about the other two countries in the next book... Captain Shea ...more
Carrie Lane
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it! Jo and Shea's relationship feels so real and Aster is adorable. I can't wait for the next one!
Isabelle Roselli
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where has this book been hiding?! Nereid is an amazingly immersive universe and the moment I read the first chapter I fell head over heels. The relationships in this book is incredible and not just the romances like between Jo and Shea or even Shea and V or even Aster and James (which is adorable by the way!) but the familial relationships between Shea and Aster or her and Caen or the hateful ones between Thetis and Ceto or Ceto and Shea. There’s just so much emotion packed into this novel and i ...more
Logan
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. Felt like a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean and Game of Thrones. Fantastical but not hard to understand and the violence and sex didn’t feel forced. It was a fun, easy read. Will probably read the next one.
Amy Reed
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally a romance between two women that doesn't make me cringe! I loved the setting of the story, the world feels really immersive and the characters are great. From the first chapter, I actually connected to Shea, the main character, and while Jo is a good companion to her I personally prefer Venus. V was by far my favorite character besides maybe Thetis. A great read, I can't wait for the next one!
Cordyn
Jul 13, 2019
Bobbi Jean Gates
Jul 23, 2019
Sophia Menesini
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Dynal Roberson
Sep 17, 2019
Vanessa
Sep 17, 2019
Sophia Menesini lives in Martinez, CA with her husband, and their two small Chihuahuas, Ziggy and Zeppelin. The Veiled Threat is her first novel. Sophia is an avid tea connoisseur and lover of Scotland with an unconventional memory for obscure Disney and Broadway song lyrics.