Start by marking “Women of Wasps and War: The Sting of Justice” as Want to Read:
Women of Wasps and War: The Sting of Justice

Women of Wasps and War: The Sting of Justice

Women of Wasps and War is a grim, gripping tale of power and politics, and the heart-breaking struggle between love and honour.

Agata, the Duchess of Ambrovna, was never meant to take the throne.
In a land where men rule, her sole purpose was to smile and curtsey.

However, when war left her land leaderless, the Fatherhood religion begrudgingly allowed a first; a woman t
Published June 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Women of Wasps and War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of Wasps and War

Emily Wrayburn
Review originally published on A Keyboard and an Open Mind August 26, 2019:

Oof. This was a powerful book. I read about 20% of it one night and then the rest of it the following day because I couldn’t put it down. A lot of my reactions were simply “Argh!” or “Mmngnng” and could probably be summed up better in reaction gifs than a proper review, but I’ll try my best. Here goes.

D’este has crafted a believable patriarchal fantasy world where men do not question their authority and women know their p
Veronica Strachan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gritty historical fantasy

The best stories press your emotional buttons in some way, and Women of Wasps and War certainly did that. I felt uncomfortably provoked by the brutal yet compellingly written world, furious at the short sightedness, cruelty, and bias of the men, and alternately frustrated and hopeful for the women.
The Sting of Justice is a great insight into the well drawn plot. Characters on both sides of this gender divide are flawed, with D'Este bringing their humanity to life bea
J.R Knight
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful, poignant and evocative novel from D'Este! Women of Wasps and War had me hooked from the first page, the characters were real and fleshed out, and I found myself lost in the world, politics and narrative that D'Este expertly crafts. Pick up this book for a story about emotion, empowerment and evolution. A must-read!
Meredith Friesz
Nancy Sherling
Aug 07, 2019
Meg Porter
Sep 12, 2019
FABClub (Female A...: Women of Wasps and War - feminist historical fantasy 1 6 Jun 18, 2019 08:06PM
Growing up in Tasmania, Madeleine now lives in inner city Melbourne surrounded by books. After studying law (and never practising) and travelling the world, Madeleine now lives a double life, immersed in the corporate world by day and writing female-led speculative fiction or podcasting by night.

When not writing, Madeleine enjoys podcasts, knitting, forteana, indie films, kettle bells and coffee