Start by marking “Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6)

Her Silent Cry

(Detective Josie Quinn #6)

Round and round she goes, blonde pigtails flying, her high-pitched giggle catching on the wind. But as the ride slows to a stop, her seat is suddenly empty. Little Lucy is gone…

When seven-year-old Lucy Ross is snatched from the carousel in Denton city park, Detective Josie Quinn joins the frantic search. She’s the one who finds Lucy’s sparkly butterfly backpack abandoned b
Published August 14th 2019 by Bookouture

Meredith
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Not my favorite, but still a good addition to the series!

Her Silent Cry is a police procedural about a child abducted in broad daylight. With no witnesses and no suspects, the child’s parents come under fire. While they seem innocent, deep dark secrets from their past could put their child in imminent danger.

This is the 6th book in the Detective Josie Quinn series--it can be read as a standalone. This was a little different than the other books in the series in that the mystery wasn’t
Debra
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Josie Quinn is back on the case in book six of the Josie Quinn series!

Seven-year-old Lucy Ross goes missing from a playground she was at with her two parents. Josie Quinn immediately begins looking for her, but there are no signs of the little girl anywhere. Minutes count when children go missing and once Lucy's backpack is found with a note inside - a note form the kidnapper - "answer your phone, or your sweet little darling will die…"

More manpower is called in and the series regulars I have co
Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends
I just love, love our main character here Josie and Lisa Regan has given me another reason to love her more. With each story, Josie develops a little more and we see more into her and her heart. In this installment, we see another side to Josie and it's not to be missed.

Josie is on the race to find the kidnapper of a missing girl. Just how Lucy goes missing is chilling and unsettling but not in a graphic way. It's a real eye-opening and had me rethinking a few things when I am out and about. I
Berit☀️✨
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, blog-tour, arc
Josie Quinn is back! Can’t believe this is book six! This is hands-down one of my absolute favorite police procedural series, I just love Lisa Regan’s writing style. This time Josie is on the hunt for a missing child. While at the park with young Harrison Josie has a front row seat when little Lucy disappears into thin air after a ride on the carousel. The kidnapper has left several messages implying that this is personal and Josie is convinced that the parents are keeping secrets. As the body c ...more
Mandy White
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always get excited when a new Lisa Regan book comes out - especially when it is a Josie Quinn story. Can't believe this is number 6 in this series already. In my opinion this series keeps getting stronger with each book. I love getting to know Josie and the people she works with, her family and what makes her tick. There was not a lot of this in Her Silent Cry but there was glimpses and I hope that book 7 will take this further. Once again this was a fast read for me, a quick paced police proc ...more
Linda Strong
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

She's a beautiful little girl, 7 years old with bright eyes who giggles and skips instead of walking and has a love of butterflies. At the park with her mother, she wants to ride the carousel, but as the ride ends, Lucy disappears.

Detective Josie Quinn happens to be at the same park, babysitting a friend's young son. She immediately goes into police mode, shutting the park down, calling for a lot of backup, setting up search teams and calling in the search dogs. But Lucy is gone.

As with all miss
Tammy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2019
5 ☆ A feisty female antagonist, impossible to put down!! Josie’s my new favorite female hero, love her. And finding this well executed, absorbing plot driven novel is ALSO part of a series, a huge plus in my book!!

[Josie gets emotionally involved trying to find a seven year old girl kidnapped right under her own nose while at the neighborhood playground. As she investigates, she senses there’s more going on and sets to trailing her hunch. There’s a second story so to speak that leads to shocking
Joss
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6) was a thoroughly good read. Josie Quinn was enjoying a day off at Denton City Park Playground, when a child goes missing. Although the park is filled with people, nobody notices when seven year old Lucy Ross disappears from a carousel ride in full view of everyone waiting in line. Lucy who is obsessed with butterflies, is the only child of Amy and Colin Ross. Did Lucy simply just wander off, or was she abducted?
An Amber Alert is issued, when a piece
DeAnn
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 creepy kidnapping stars

This is book #6 and I do love Detective Josie Quinn. This one centers around a child kidnapping and kept me turning the pages. The kidnapping kicks off the book and happens right under the nose of her parents. Josie just happens to be at the park at the time and things go into high gear to find the missing child. The FBI get involved quickly and I enjoyed reading about how they investigate.

The parents are interesting characters, and neither is telling the full story, b
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Saweet baby geebus in a canoe.

What a journey. I’m exhausted! I read this book in 3 hours...I literally could not put it down. I baked and read. Man oh man this author is a flippin’ genius in this genre.

I think what I love the most about this authors characters is how they are smart, strong, slightly abrasive and hands down bad ass. They are carrying baggage but are still relentless in the pursuit of doing what’s right.

Josie is determined with every case she lands to give it 200%. I love that sh
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT:Their argument crashed in angry waves against the door between us, slamming against the wood, pooling on the floor and slipping underneath where I could hear every word. Most of the time, I didn't understand what they were saying or even why they were fighting. I only understood that she was about to get hurt; the silent way, or the screaming way. I was never sure which was worse.

no matter how badly he hurt her, she always found her way back to our room eventually. She's lower herself in
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: July 24th 2019

"Every one of us goes through our days looking straight at people and things but not really taking them in."
*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and Bookouture in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Gemma
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read! I didn’t put this down until the end. I love Josie and had to read this when I saw it. Brilliantly written, and one of my favourite authors. Can’t wait for the next one.
Christine
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Her Silent Cry" is a combination police procedural and thriller with a twisty plot. Police Detective Josie Quinn is at the park when seven-year-old Lucy Ross goes missing from the carousel ride. Lucy's mother doesn't seem to be telling the whole truth which makes the difficult case even harder. Josie brings her team and the FBI onto the case to find Lucy before it's too late.

This book is the sixth in the Detective Josie Quinn series. Even though it's the first book I've read by this author, I
peggy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another of my favourite authors and series. I can't believe that this is the sixth book in this fantastic series. Little seven year old Lucy disappears from a family park, she has been kidnapped. As you would expect her parents are frantic. Amy her mother is hiding a secret. Yes we all read this premise before but OMG this book is so much more. A deadly game of cat and mouse. A ransom which nobody collected. What does this kidnapper want ???. It is upto Josie and her team plus the FIB to find th ...more
Ankita Singh
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm getting tired of reviewing Lisa Regan's masterpieces because they're all SO GOOD and I am out of new ways to say just how absolutely gripping they are.

Detective Josie Quinn is officially my favourite detective in the whole fiction world. She's got the skills, the bravado and the defiance.

Her Silent Cry was probably my favourite book from the Josie Quinn series so far. I loved the way the case progressed, I loved the bits from the killer's POV that gave us an insight into their mind. I ador
Paula
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6) by Lisa Regan starts you off on the edge of your seat and doesn’t let go until the satisfying ending.

I had a difficult time putting this book down as there was never a dull moment and so much action and tension in each scene and on every page that I stayed up late to read or neglected chores during the day!

Her Silent Cry does not disappoint and is a great addition to the Josie Quinn series. The writing is excellent, and every interaction brings you
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Her Second Cry, the sixth novel to feature Detective Josie Quinn of the Denton, Philadelphia Police Department.

Josie is in the local park when Amy Ross reports her seven year old daughter, Lucy missing. Lucy ran away from Amy on the carousel so no one can tell if she’s run away or been taken until Josie finds Lucy’s backpack and a sinister note.

I thoroughly enjoyed Her Silent Cry which is a tense read with plenty of twists and
Diane
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Her Silent Cry by Lisa Regan is the sixth book in the Detective Josie Quinn series and it was too good to put down! I love the character of Josie Quinn and have enjoyed each book. Her Silent Cry is a non-stop search for missing seven-year-old Lucy Ross. How does a child go missing right in front of both her mother and father? It can be easier than you may think! The very sad memories of one of the characters are heartbreaking and hold a key to the whole mystery. I felt so aggravated at Amy's rel ...more
Donna Hines
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
"Answer your phone, or your sweet little darling will die…"
My word it's terrifying to realize this could be anyone but here in this case this was a young girl that was kidnapped by a playground and now the kidnapper wants a ransom.
Regan ratchets up the action, building each plot carefully and meticulously until the twist and turns arrive.
When a son year old child goes missing it's all hands on deck to find her and Regan does a great job of bringing every character into play.
The pain and terror t
Cindy ~
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly what a page turner. I think its my favorite now of the series because there was no man drama for Josie.. If your a fan of the series you will get why I am saying that :)

This was edge of your seat suspense from start to finish. A totally addicting story. Can't wait to see what's next from this author.
Judy Odom
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Josie Quinn you are my hero !!! 5 stars plus for this great read !!

I couldn't swipe the pages fast enough, I tried to put Her Silent Cry down and get some sleep; that didn't happen !!! Light was back on in 5 minutes , I just had to know what happened.

If I was ever in trouble either side of the law, I would call Josie Quinn and all the team.

Thanks again to Lisa Regan for another great book in this series.

Twists and turns to make your head spin.

Thanks to Net Galley and Bookouture for another grea
Jessica Jade
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Lisa Regan really does know how to write a bloody good story.
She's blown me away yet again with another incredible/heartbreaking case.
When I knew there was going to be another book in the series I checked Netgalley daily to get my hands on it as soon as possible and I was that excited about it that I started it as soon as I got it and nearly read the whole thing in one go. I probably would have if I had the time because I was completely gripped.

This case for Josie was pretty different from an
Amanda
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Lisa's work since I had the good fortune to pick up a copy of the first book in the series featuring Detective Josie Quinn, which is called 'Vanishing Girls'. Each time Lisa has written a subsequent book in the series, I have grabbed a copy and then hidden myself away until I have finished reading it. 'Her Silent Cry' is the sixth book in the best selling series featuring Detective Josie Quinn and it is another thrilling read. I absolutely loved 'Her Silent Cry' but more abo ...more
Chantal
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everyone knows you have to watch little children like a hawk because they disappear in the blink of an eye. But what if you are? And what if you’re sitting right next to them on a moving carousel? You wouldn’t think a child could disappear from a moving ride while you’re sitting next to them. But that’s exactly what happened to Amy. Her daughter Lucy is nowhere to be found when the ride comes to a stop.

Lisa Regan has Detective Josie Quinn back on a case in this sixth book in the series. Little L
Kat Dietrich

Her Silent Cry by Lisa Regan  is the sixth in the Detective Josie Quinn series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background:   (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Once Acting Chief of Police, Josie Quinn is now doing what she is best suited for. She’s back to being a detective and happy. She is learning to love her new-found
Zoé-lee O'farrell

I don’t know where to start with this review! I love this series, I really do! I just had a hard time reading this book. Not because I didn’t like it, I really did, just the storyline of a missing child was hard to read. It makes me never want to let mini-me out of my sight ever again. It’s every parent’s nightmare!

This is a tough case for Quinn and her team, at least she has the FBI to help this time. A young child goes missing, how the hell did she just disappear. Even looking back over video
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Josie Quinn is back, ladies and gentleman! I cannot believe that we are on book six of the series already, I really hope there are plenty more of these books to come. If you haven't read any of the previous books in the series, don't starting panicking as each book can read perfectly well as a standalone. That said (as always), if you like to know more of the backstory of the characters you're reading about, I would adv
Kristin
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
No spoilers.

I would like to thank Netgalley for an advance copy of Her Second Cry, the sixth novel in the Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan.

Her Silent Cry is the sixth novel in Lisa Regan’s Detective Josie Quinn series. Although you don’t have to read the books in order, as each book’s case is standalone, I highly recommend reading them in publication order for the character development. This book revolves around a child kidnapping which happens right in front of Josie.

I thoroughly enjoyed the b
Tracy Wood
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Wow! This book is absolutely a 5 star rating all day long! Right from the very beginning I was on edge. The feeling of racing against time was there from the moment the crime was committed and didn't lessen until the very last chapter which I read in the early hours of the morning, so engrossed was I in what would happen next.

Two months have passed since the investigation into the death of boyfriend, and fellow detective, Noah's mother and Detective Josie Quinn is spending her day off at the pa
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lisa Regan is a suspense novelist. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter.

Detective Josie Quinn (6 books)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Mother's Grave (Detective Josie Quinn, #3)
  • Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn #5)