Start by marking “Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn, #6)” as Want to Read:
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn, #6)

Her Silent Cry

(Detective Josie Quinn #6)

Round and round she goes, blonde pigtails flying, her high-pitched giggle catching on the wind. But as the ride slows to a stop, her seat is suddenly empty. Little Lucy is gone…

When seven-year-old Lucy Ross is snatched from the carousel in Denton city park, Detective Josie Quinn joins the frantic search. She’s the one who finds Lucy’s sparkly butterfly backpack abandoned b
Published August 14th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Her Silent Cry, please sign up.
Debbie I read this out of order, and it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the story. However, having read the other books in the series, now, I wish I had read the…moreI read this out of order, and it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the story. However, having read the other books in the series, now, I wish I had read them all in order. I read the fourth, the sixth, and then the first three. It would have helped a little to know the background of the characters for the final book, but the fourth book in the series was confusing without a frame of reference for the main character. (less)

Start your review of Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn, #6)
Meredith ( on Semi-Hiatus until February)

Not my favorite, but still a good addition to the series!

Her Silent Cry is a police procedural about a child abducted in broad daylight. With no witnesses and no suspects, the child’s parents come under fire. While they seem innocent, deep dark secrets from their past could put their child in imminent danger.

This is the 6th book in the Detective Josie Quinn series--it can be read as a standalone. This was a little different than the other books in the series in that the mystery wasn’t
Debra
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Josie Quinn is back on the case in book six of the Josie Quinn series!

Seven-year-old Lucy Ross goes missing from a playground she was at with her two parents. Josie Quinn immediately begins looking for her, but there are no signs of the little girl anywhere. Minutes count when children go missing and once Lucy's backpack is found with a note inside - a note form the kidnapper - "answer your phone, or your sweet little darling will die…"

More manpower is called in and the series regulars I have co
Brenda ~Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
I just love, love our main character here Josie and Lisa Regan has given me another reason to love her more. With each story, Josie develops a little more and we see more into her and her heart. In this installment, we see another side to Josie and it's not to be missed.

Josie is on the race to find the kidnapper of a missing girl. Just how Lucy goes missing is chilling and unsettling but not in a graphic way. It's a real eye-opening and had me rethinking a few things when I am out and about. I
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT:Their argument crashed in angry waves against the door between us, slamming against the wood, pooling on the floor and slipping underneath where I could hear every word. Most of the time, I didn't understand what they were saying or even why they were fighting. I only understood that she was about to get hurt; the silent way, or the screaming way. I was never sure which was worse.

no matter how badly he hurt her, she always found her way back to our room eventually. She's lower herself in
Berit☀️✨
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Josie Quinn is back! Can’t believe this is book six! This is hands-down one of my absolute favorite police procedural series, I just love Lisa Regan’s writing style. This time Josie is on the hunt for a missing child. While at the park with young Harrison Josie has a front row seat when little Lucy disappears into thin air after a ride on the carousel. The kidnapper has left several messages implying that this is personal and Josie is convinced that the parents are keeping secrets. As the body c ...more
Brenda
Detective Josie Quinn was enjoying a day off with her nephew Harris at the park when the unthinkable happened. Lucy Ross, seven years old and with both parents also at the park, somehow, inexplicably, vanished from sight. Josie immediately called her team and coordinated the searching for a little girl who must have run towards home – surely – but there was no sight of her. When it became obvious that Lucy had been abducted, the FBI were called in. Their highly trained child abduction unit swung ...more
Linda Strong
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

She's a beautiful little girl, 7 years old with bright eyes who giggles and skips instead of walking and has a love of butterflies. At the park with her mother, she wants to ride the carousel, but as the ride ends, Lucy disappears.

Detective Josie Quinn happens to be at the same park, babysitting a friend's young son. She immediately goes into police mode, shutting the park down, calling for a lot of backup, setting up search teams and calling in the search dogs. But Lucy is gone.

As with all miss
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
I always get excited when a new Lisa Regan book comes out - especially when it is a Josie Quinn story. Can't believe this is number 6 in this series already. In my opinion this series keeps getting stronger with each book. I love getting to know Josie and the people she works with, her family and what makes her tick. There was not a lot of this in Her Silent Cry but there was glimpses and I hope that book 7 will take this further. Once again this was a fast read for me, a quick paced police proc ...more
Tammy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2019
5 ☆ A feisty female antagonist, impossible to put down!! Josie’s my new favorite female hero, love her. And finding this well executed, absorbing plot driven novel is ALSO part of a series, a huge plus in my book!!

[Josie gets emotionally involved trying to find a seven year old girl kidnapped right under her own nose while at the neighborhood playground. As she investigates, she senses there’s more going on and sets to trailing her hunch. There’s a second story so to speak that leads to shocking
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
That was just so...tense. Seven year old Lucy Ross disappears from the carousel in the playground at Denton park. Her mother, Amy, was on the carousel with her. Her father was waiting at the gate. There were many people in the park that day, including Detective Josie Quinn. No one, not one person saw what happened to Lucy, saw where she went.

An extensive search finds no trace of the girl. Finally the parents get a call, confirming that Lucy has been kidnapped. The kidnapper taunts Amy Ross, it’s
Erth
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was fully engrossed within 30 seconds from starting to read it. Lisa Regan is masterful with her ability to write exciting, tension filled drama. “Her Silent Cry” is easily in the top 3 psychological, detective stories I’ve read this year. The non-stop action is driven by query and dialogue without much prose. There’s barely time to take a breath or a comfort break.

Altho’ this is book 6th in a series, it stands alone quite easily. Even with limited character development, it was not difficult t
Selena
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free e-copy of Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book #6) by Lisa Regan from NetGalley.

Lisa Regan has quickly become one of my favorite author because of this series. Absolutely love them and am always looking forward to the next.

Detective Josie Quinn is at the local park with her friend's son, Harris; when a little girl goes missing. Lucy Ross, who is seven years old has vanished into thin air. She was with her mom one minute on the carousel and the next minute she had vanished
DeAnn
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 creepy kidnapping stars

This is book #6 and I do love Detective Josie Quinn. This one centers around a child kidnapping and kept me turning the pages. The kidnapping kicks off the book and happens right under the nose of her parents. Josie just happens to be at the park at the time and things go into high gear to find the missing child. The FBI get involved quickly and I enjoyed reading about how they investigate.

The parents are interesting characters, and neither is telling the full story, b
Jim
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series continues to get better with each installment. Case in point … Her Silent Cry by Lisa Regan. The 6th book in the Josie Quinn series.

When the story opens Josie is at the city park babysitting her friends son, Harris. She notices a notices a young girl with blonde hair and a butterfly backpack with her mother. She continues to play with Harris, trying to keep up with a two year old when she hears a woman's increasingly frantic calls. Seven year old Lucy Ross, the giggling little girl w
Robin Loves Reading
Detective Josie Quinn is at the playground one day and hears panicked parents screaming that they cannot find their seven-year-old, Lucy Ross. Lucy and her mother are on the merry-go-round, and Lucy's father is off the the side, busy on his cell phone.

Josie starts searching right away and quickly spots Lucy's backback, which was described by her frantic mother. Shockingly, there is a message inside of the backpack, and it says for them to answer their phone, or else their daughter might die..

Bot
Kat Dietrich

Her Silent Cry by Lisa Regan  is the sixth in the Detective Josie Quinn series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background:   (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Once Acting Chief of Police, Josie Quinn is now doing what she is best suited for. She’s back to being a detective and happy. She is learning to love her new-found
Joss
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6) was a thoroughly good read. Josie Quinn was enjoying a day off at Denton City Park Playground, when a child goes missing. Although the park is filled with people, nobody notices when seven year old Lucy Ross disappears from a carousel ride in full view of everyone waiting in line. Lucy who is obsessed with butterflies, is the only child of Amy and Colin Ross. Did Lucy simply just wander off, or was she abducted?
An Amber Alert is issued, when a piece
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: July 24th 2019

"Every one of us goes through our days looking straight at people and things but not really taking them in."
*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and Bookouture in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Saweet baby geebus in a canoe.

What a journey. I’m exhausted! I read this book in 3 hours...I literally could not put it down. I baked and read. Man oh man this author is a flippin’ genius in this genre.

I think what I love the most about this authors characters is how they are smart, strong, slightly abrasive and hands down bad ass. They are carrying baggage but are still relentless in the pursuit of doing what’s right.

Josie is determined with every case she lands to give it 200%. I love that sh
Gemma
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read! I didn’t put this down until the end. I love Josie and had to read this when I saw it. Brilliantly written, and one of my favourite authors. Can’t wait for the next one.
Denise
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detective Josie Quinn is part of the huge team searching for an abducted child in this thriller that kept me turning the pages fast and furiously.

What it's about: Lucy is a seven-year-old girl who loves butterflies and who lives with her well-to-do parents, Colin and Amy Ross in Denton, Pennsylvania. When at a local park, Lucy gets off the carousel and vanishes. Soon the FBI is called in to help with the search but they have no leads and things are very bleak. Then, they hear a message from the
peggy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another of my favourite authors and series. I can't believe that this is the sixth book in this fantastic series. Little seven year old Lucy disappears from a family park, she has been kidnapped. As you would expect her parents are frantic. Amy her mother is hiding a secret. Yes we all read this premise before but OMG this book is so much more. A deadly game of cat and mouse. A ransom which nobody collected. What does this kidnapper want ???. It is upto Josie and her team plus the FIB to find th ...more
Els
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great series this is. After having read the previous part, you might think this can’t get any better, but hey guess again. The author shakes this out of her sleeve as if it’s as simple as learning the ABC. It’s so great when a book can have you utterly mesmerized and leaves you gobsmacked after the final revelations.

The story also contains a big amount of emotions. It broke my heart but I also wanted to slap Lucy’s mum. I On the one hand I understood her, on the other I did not at all.

And
Julie Lacey
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Lisa Regan. This series is so good and keeps getting better and better.
Josie is at the park when a girl goes missing and soon she’s knee deep in the case.
Noah and the rest of the team are there for Josie but when it’s clear it’s an abduction, the FBI are called in.
Lucy’s parents are beside themselves with worry and when they get a message from the person who has her, they don’t know what to do.
Each time a phone call comes in someone is killed so they start to worry wh
Paula
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6) by Lisa Regan starts you off on the edge of your seat and doesn’t let go until the satisfying ending.

I had a difficult time putting this book down as there was never a dull moment and so much action and tension in each scene and on every page that I stayed up late to read or neglected chores during the day!

Her Silent Cry does not disappoint and is a great addition to the Josie Quinn series. The writing is excellent, and every interaction brings you
Ankita Singh
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm getting tired of reviewing Lisa Regan's masterpieces because they're all SO GOOD and I am out of new ways to say just how absolutely gripping they are.

Detective Josie Quinn is officially my favourite detective in the whole fiction world. She's got the skills, the bravado and the defiance.

Her Silent Cry was probably my favourite book from the Josie Quinn series so far. I loved the way the case progressed, I loved the bits from the killer's POV that gave us an insight into their mind. I ador
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 rounded up...

This story is full of misdirection from big items to smaller items and sadly I found it all anticlimactic. The personal element with Josie became a why did the author even go that route.

The character of Amy and her background was a long slow arduous journey. By the time everything is revealed, I just didn't care. And since she was key to the plot of her missing child, i became as disinterested in the plot as I was with her character.

By the end, I was just glad I made it through
Zoé-lee O'farrell

I don’t know where to start with this review! I love this series, I really do! I just had a hard time reading this book. Not because I didn’t like it, I really did, just the storyline of a missing child was hard to read. It makes me never want to let mini-me out of my sight ever again. It’s every parent’s nightmare!

This is a tough case for Quinn and her team, at least she has the FBI to help this time. A young child goes missing, how the hell did she just disappear. Even looking back over video
Christine
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Her Silent Cry" is a combination police procedural and thriller with a twisty plot. Police Detective Josie Quinn is at the park when seven-year-old Lucy Ross goes missing from the carousel ride. Lucy's mother doesn't seem to be telling the whole truth which makes the difficult case even harder. Josie brings her team and the FBI onto the case to find Lucy before it's too late.

This book is the sixth in the Detective Josie Quinn series. Even though it's the first book I've read by this author, I
Diane
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Her Silent Cry by Lisa Regan is the sixth book in the Detective Josie Quinn series and it was too good to put down! I love the character of Josie Quinn and have enjoyed each book. Her Silent Cry is a non-stop search for missing seven-year-old Lucy Ross. How does a child go missing right in front of both her mother and father? It can be easier than you may think! The very sad memories of one of the characters are heartbreaking and hold a key to the whole mystery. I felt so aggravated at Amy's rel ...more

• Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • Whisper in the Night (Detectives Kane and Alton, #6)
  • Her Last Whisper (Detective Katie Scott, #2)
  • Owned by the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #6)
  • Little Girls Sleeping (Detective Katie Scott, #1)
  • Her Broken Wings (Detectives Kane and Alton, #8)
  • Flowers on Her Grave (Detective Katie Scott, #3)
  • Where Angels Fear (Detectives Kane and Alton, #5)
  • Bring Me Flowers (Detectives Kane and Alton, #2)
  • Don't Tell A Soul (Detectives Kane and Alton, #1)
  • Her Shallow Grave (Detectives Kane and Alton, #9)
  • Promises in the Dark (Detectives Kane and Alton, #10)
  • The Crying Season (Detectives Kane and Alton, #4)
  • Be Mine Forever (Detectives Kane and Alton, #11)
  • Bloody Christmas
  • Follow Me Home (Detectives Kane and Alton, #3)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island, #4)
  • Last Girls Alive (Detective Katie Scott Book 4)
Lisa Regan is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Detective Josie Quinn series as well as several other crime fiction titles. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She is a member of Sisters In Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Crime Writers’ Association, and International Thriller Writers. She lives in Philadel ...more

Detective Josie Quinn (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Mother's Grave (Detective Josie Quinn, #3)
  • Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn, #4)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn, #5)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn, #7)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn, #8)
  • Save Her Soul (Detective Josie Quinn, #9)
  • Breathe Your Last (Detective Josie Quinn, #10)
  • Hush Little Girl (Detective Josie Quinn, #11)

News & Interviews

“without anyone seeing anything at all?” “We have to be missing something,” Josie said.” 0 likes