Start by marking “The Lost Power (VanOps #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Power (VanOps #1)

The Lost Power

(VanOps #1)

Da Vinci Code meets Tomb Raider in this award-winning thriller #1 NYT's author James Rollins called, "Full of action and suspense."

On a hushed, fog-shrouded Napa morning, gunshots and the sound of breaking glass shatter the morning’s silence. An app designer and assistant Aikido instructor, Maddy Marshall, the red-haired foster boy from her dojo, AJ, and her estranged twin
Expected publication: November 9th 2019 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Power

Katherine Moore
Sometimes I'll go out on a limb and read a book that wasn't necessarily on my radar, by an author who's new to me, and even within a genre (or crosses several genres) that I don't read often. I like reading outside of my comfort zone because this is often where I'll find the shiniest gems of books that may otherwise pass me by. 'The Lost Power' is one of those books; touted as 'Da Vinci Code meets Tomb Raider' (both of which I know of, but haven't read or seen, and probably just as well), I knew ...more
Tamsyn Anderson-Miller
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was great!! I absolutely loved reading this novel! I am amazed at the amount of detail and description Avanti provided and how she fluidly introduced the characters and background throughout the novel. I love it. Now I can’t wait for the second one!!! I definitely recommend for anyone looking for adventure, suspense, mystery, and a fun read!
Paul
Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
I can see why this engaging book won an award. It has a lot going for it -- travel, good dialog, mystery, adventure -- all told by a very talented author. Highly recommended.

I really appreciate the advanced copy for review!!
Diane Riley
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of VanOps: The Lost Power by Avanti Centrae for reviewing purposes.

This is a great read. Three people—fraternal twins Maddy and Will and their friend Bear—race around the world trying to figure out a family mystery related to Maddy and Will’s family story. As relatives of the Spanish royal family, they are charged to find an ancient weapon than an ancestor grabbed from the Moors in the eleventh century—a weapon the Russians desperately want. This journey takes them to cast
Heather Bennett
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
VanOps has so much packed in it, it has a little bit of everything for everyone. Interesting characters and storyline. I would read more by this author.
Luna Kingson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can’t say much about without spoiling. So if you do like books with a lot of unexpected things going on you should read it.
Dawn Garcia
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced adventure! My favorite things were the travel and descriptions of the architecture, monastery, castles, pyramids, etc. I would still like to see a map of the travels maybe in the front cover or even a few of them throughout the book as the trio moves. I also would like to see more emotion from the twins after their loss, but I'm a sap. I most enjoyed the end and the epilogue. Wow! And I do really think it would be a fun adventure, bond-like movie.
Betty Ocken
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read. I love the interaction between Maddy and Will as they race around the world with their friend Bear, trying to stay alive while they search for a powerful force that could change the fate of the world. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Judy
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down, finished in four evenings!!!! There was not a doll moment. Can't wait for the next one to come out!
Margaret
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a genuine page turner with lost of adventure, action and plot twists. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Kathy Anderson
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. When I couldn’t read, I was thinking about when I would have time to read. Always a good sign.
Michelle Ocken
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm still trying to catch my breath. What a fun ride! I normally read at night to help me sleep, but this book did just the opposite. To call this book a page-turner would be an understatement. Once I started, I couldn't put it down! This is great adventure with plenty of action and some wild twists.
Maddy, her twin brother, Will, and high school friend Bear, find themselves the unexpected center of a race to find a Lost Power that could change the world's balance of power and put thousands, if
Geo
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book via Booktasters in exchange for a review. It was a great read and had my interest from beginning to end. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. I am looking forward to more from this author and highly recommend it.
Glenda
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, thriller
Absolutely LOVED the story!!

Loved the mix of fantasy and reality. It grabbed me from the start with Ramiro I, and on to Napa with Maddy and Will, and then Bear and the crazy assassin(s).

The descriptions made me feel like I was there with everyone. Through all the adventures, I had a hard time putting it down to do other things that I needed to do (like work).
Michelle Meyer
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my interest from the very first chapter! Once I started reading it, I found I wanted to grab more and more time out of my day to keep reading. The Lost Power has a great list of characters that you get to know well, set in a thrilling book with a great mix of fiction and true history. I have read this book three times now, finding more details that I love about it each time. I can't wait to read the next book!
Michele
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Number of stars 5 out of 5

I wish I can give this book more then 5 stars if I have to it will be 10 stars. That is how great this book is.

I absolutely love this book. It's fast paced full of action, mystery and you can't stop reading this book. You want to keep reading again and again. I'm going to reread this book that is how much I love it.

You guys have to pick up this amazing wonderful beautiful book.
Doug Yonce
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something for everyone who loves action. Relationships, history, supernatural, plotting, plot twists appeal to readers across many genres. Excellent start to the series. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
CVDH
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This got my heart pumping!

Great history lesson within this absorbing story!
Jeannette
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of James Rollins and Steve Berry
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for a possible review.

I want to start off by saying this really should be 3.5 stars, nearly 4. I'll get into why in a second.

It is the first book in a series. You have to start here because I don't think the second book is available yet. I was drawn to it because it was liked to James Rollins and Steve Berry books, and I really love those books. It also happened to have a positive blurb from Ann Charles who is ano
Netreal
rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2019
Carol
Aug 06, 2019
Michelle
rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2019
Douglass Abramson
Lorena Romero
Tammy Goodwin
Jul 08, 2019
AVANTI CENTRAE blends intrigue, history, science, and mystery into non-stop action thrillers. The Lost Power took home a Genre Grand Prize at the Chanticleer International Book Awards and an Honorable Mention at the Hollywood Book Festival. She resides in Northern California.