Start by marking “Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money” as Want to Read:
Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money

Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money

Look around you - what do you see? You may discover to your surprise that the people who are most at peace with money are the ones who walk nimbly between having too little and having too much. They have found a balance between indulgence and austerity; between success and happiness; between motivation and inspiration; and between any number of other poles we tend to think

Published June 13th 2019 by John Murray

To ask other readers questions about Happy Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Money

Genevieve Trono
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy Money is not a self-help book about how to manage your money but more about your actual relationship with money. It covered some really thought-provoking topics including how many of us have deeply ingrained thoughts and beliefs about finances that we adopted from our experiences with money as young children.

Honda's theory is that your relationship with life will mirror what your relationship is like with money. I appreciated his dialogue about being grateful about money going out and com
Lovely Loveday
Happy Money is an insightful read that is sure to make you stop and think. A book that will help you transform your life to focus more on the now and less on the money. To find ways to experience happiness and abundance together. Happy Money is written more like a conversation than a lecture or a self-help book. A how to change your relationship with money from a struggle to flow more easily. Happy Money is an informative read that is sure to help the reader.
Alan Sanie
What Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up did for your living space, Ken Honda's Happy Money will do for your wallet.
Ken Honda—Japan's #1 bestselling personal development guru—knows that getting rich quick is no way to achieve happiness. Too often, money is a source of fear, stress, and anger, often breaking apart relationships and even ruining lives. We like to think money is just a number or a piece of paper, but it is so much more than that. Money has the ability to smile, it c
Cathy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting perspective on money and some of the ways we often think about it. Honda recommends thinking of it as energy, and learning to trust the flow of money like we trust the flow of different types of energy. I didn't agree with everything he says but I do like his suggestion of always saying thank you to both the money you receive and the money you spend, and being grateful for the good that you can do by spending money (supporting businesses you admire, helping people earn a good living, ...more
JDK1962
2.5 stars, but I'll round up since I think his heart is in the right place.

This is not actually about money: it's about your emotional relationship with money, and reframing that relationship, all of which is well and good. Where I part from the author is in his belief in the "Law of Attraction."

In any event, I didn't finish the book with a burning desire to change my life, or even any specific things that I'm planning to do now. Maybe it was just me. YMMV.
Kari
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book helps you discover the tools that you already possess to heal your own life and relationships with money. He explains how to achieve peace of mind when it comes to money.

You will learn how to treat money as a welcome guest that can come and go with respect; without resentment & understand and improve your money EQ. Learn to unpack the the myth of scarcity and embrace the process of giving money and not just receiving it.
Gh
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Parts of it were repetitive but I still feel I gained knowledge. The author seems like a really kind person, which made me appreciate his words.
Cynthia Nicola
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For most of the book, it was a good solid 3 stars but then he went into how to make your money happy and it bumped it up to 4 stars. Good Read!!
Jaime
Jun 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A bunch of repetitive nonsense.
Maura
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes! Yes! Yes! Arigato, Ken Honda for sharing your pearls of wisdom! A great gift for ALL!
Vladimir Pavlov