Start by marking “The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1)

The Husband Trap

(The Trap Trilogy #1)

Here comes the substitute bride. . . .

Violet Brantford has always longed for the passionate embrace of Adrian Winter, the wealthy Duke of Raeburn. Problem is, he's set to marry Violet's vivacious, more socially polished look-alike twin sister, Jeannette. But when Jeannette refuses to go through with the ceremony mere minutes before it is to begin, soft-spoken Violet finds
Published March 28th 2006 by Ivy Books

Start your review of The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1)
*TANYA*
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh so endearing and cheesy cute!!! I got choked up several times throughout the book. I cant help but love books with mistaken identities. Im soooo reading book 3 and skipping book 2, I despised the selfish twin. ...more
♥ℳelody
I loved it! I didn't know if I would cause the idea of identical twins switching places is just all kinds of crazy yet juicy at the same time. It could have been a total bomb but the author did a wonderful job. While I do think the 'ruse' was dragged out a bit long I understand why it was done. The author was really clever in handling how Violet acted around Adrian. You could tell she completely loved the man and her actions prove how hard it was on her to continue with the lie. So it's hard not ...more
Beanbag Love
Oct 22, 2009 rated it liked it
I started out giving this a four star review and now I've changed it to three stars. Certain things about the story just weren't my cup of tea and I can't say that I wasn't pleased for it to finally be over.

My personal problem with it is that more than 50% of the book is spent with one character deceiving the other. Not a simple deception, but the newlywed wife is posing as her twin sister! So it feels like the love story doesn't really start until he finds out he's been deceived.

Although, as
Vintage
The Parent Husband Trap Regency style.

The heroine's HORRIBLE twin sister talks her into changing identities the morning of the wedding to the H. Good thing they are identical in looks (ONLY) and the h loves the hero.

The H knows there is something hinky with his bride as in she is probably not a virgin since he;s been informed of rumors. He asks her to confess and he won't be upset, but he wants honesty. Well, his intended bride wasn't a virgin, but the one in his bed is which he finds out via a
Iliada
That was another good HR I read lately. I'm glad to see there are still little gems to be found in this genre and I've become better in telling what to avoid by the blurb of the book and by my fellow readers' reviews.

This is a sort of marriage of convenience/forced marriage plot with a twist.

Adrian wants to marry and found lady Jeanette beautiful and confident enough to be his duchess. He may have had doubts about his choice of bride after the engagement but it is too late to do anything about
Jenny
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Heroine has been in love with hero since forever, she is shy, bookish, and quite different from her spoiled twin. They switch places on her wedding day and Violet finds herself married to the man of her dreams. But when Adrian realizes her deception all hell breaks loose. There were many misunderstandings, he thinks she has an affair with his brother and the fact that she receives love letters doesn't help!

I loved the angst, I loved how deeply and passionately in love they were and
K.
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Loved this audiobook! Had a wonderful narrator that I hope to run into more often (she did great male voices -- a HUGE "do or die" for an audiobook for me, and very distinct characterizations).

As for the storyline, although the premise was pretty unbelieveable (twins sustaining a switch of their lives and fooling even their parents on a long term basis), the story was portrayed very romantically. I was not only willing, but stubbornly ignored the implausibilities of the situation. The heroine
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

My detox read.

After the last couple of my sort of intense reads, I once again needed my mind detoxed. I've actually noticed if I didn't clear my mind and just jumped from one book to the next especially if it had been an engrossing book, the characters tend to start to overlap. I start mixing up the leads and their personalities, it all becomes a big jumble and then I have to keep reminding myself, "Wrong book".

So this was a sweet enough book. My first by Tracey. I loved how well Violet
Megan
Lisa Kay
★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I dont know how many times Ive read this book; it just resonated with me, back in the day, as I tried to imagine being in Violets situation: her identical twin doesnt want to marry the man with whom Violet is secretly in love. It is shortly before the wedding, so Violet makes a rash decision and steps in. Implausible, true, but fun in some ways.

Still, while the narration by Bianca Amato was very nicely done -- shes surprisingly great with the male
Thenia
A mistaken identity story about Violet, a wallflower who takes her gregarious twin sister's place when she decides to jilt her fiance Adrian, at the altar. Violet, who had been in love with Adrian since she first met him, doesn't want to see him humiliated, and agrees to her sister's scheme.

Adrian, who is a proud man, is happy to discover that his new bride isn't as shallow as he discovered shortly before the wedding, and it's not long before the two find contentment in their marriage. Violet
KatieV
Skimmed too much to rate.

I'm not sure what it was about this but I couldn't get into it. It started out promisingly and it was nice to see the two begin to fall in love. I could even let myself suspend disbelief for the unlikeliness of such a plot. The narrator was good as well.

I think it was just too long for what it was. The H/h marry fairly early on and then you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop - for him to find out his wife is actually the shy twin.

Once it did, there was some good
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Identical twins...always trappin' folks. :P One twin decides, on her wedding day no less, that she no longer wants to marry her duke. To save the family from ruin and scandal, her identical twin sister steps in as her and proceeds to marry the duke. Hilarity and drama ensues. This story is exactly as fun and harebrained as it sounds, but as delightful as it sounds, I don't think I'll be reading the sequel because the twin who did not marry the duke is featured in it and she was kind of just ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
Violet Brantford has always longed for the passionate embrace of Adrian Winter, the wealthy Duke of Raeburn. Problem is, hes set to marry Violets vivacious, more socially polished look-alike twin sister, Jeannette. But when Jeannette refuses to go through with the ceremony mere minutes before it is to begin, soft-spoken Violet finds herself walking down the aisle and taking vows in her sisters place. Soon shy Violet is a high-society wife, trying to keep her real identity a secret while living ...more
fleurette
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a while to read this book but not because it was not interesting. In fact it was much better than I expected. This was my first book by Tracy Anne Warren and probably not the last one.

To be honest, I shouldn't have liked this book so much. Lying to the person you love was an important part of the story and this is something I can't stand in my books. Violet agrees to replace her twin sister Jeannette on the altar and plays her role after wedding making her husband Adrian believe she
Ange
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, from the blurb of this book I actually expected something sillier and I was preparing myself to roll my eyes a lot. And though I must confess there was indeed some eye-rolling, overall I really enjoyed this book a lot.

Let's start with the main characters. Violet is Jeannette's twin. She's identical to Jeannette in appearance but her exact opposite in personality.

Jeanette is the typical "diamond of the first water." She's into fashion and always knows the latest gossip. She could care
Suri
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr
For this to start off with marriage already and the switch didn't sit well with me.
I would have wanted to read more how she fell in love, what made her do it...
I got to admit I pretty much skimmed through the book.

I feel like he doesn't deserve her. Or for that matter, she should have been with someone else who didn't choose her sister. Plus all that deceiving & lies throughout most of the book made it hard for me like the heroine.

Well, even the hero. IDK, if I had an identical twin, I
Monika
4 - 4,5 stars

The idea of changing identity is not appealing to me at first. After thinking it through I decided I should give this book a try and turned out I really liked this book.
Something about the way this author wrote makes the greatest issue in this story -marrying the other twin- resolves smoothly.
This kind of plot might not my first of choices but this book surely is one of my favorite.
Looking forward to reading another book from this author.

Why not five stars?
(view spoiler)
Cyn | READ?
DNF @ 40%

I'm surprised a held out for longer then I did.. I almost gave up and returned this audiobook a few times before surely hoping that the MCs would get passed their physical attraction for each other... But nope! The story started out well enough: Violet switches places with her twin, Jeannette, to marry Duke Adrian Raeborn. The story doesn't develop much from there, though. :( I imagine Violet has had many opportunities to tell Adrian that she is not Jeannette, but she has yet to do so.
Madu
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, historical
Thank you, Brit and Aly, for giving this book a good rating <3
I loved every second of it! I stayed last night until 3, even if I knew that today I had a lot of work to do.
Violet is not my typical favourite heroine, but I loved her transformation. It seemed so natural and not forced. Everything in this story went the way it should have gone
May
Nice book

An overlooked bookish smart women (who luckily) have an identical twin switch with her sister on her sister wedding day and marry the man she secretly liked but was supposed to marry her sister.

and the nice adventure begins ..

Kristy Mills
I love the twins switching place trope. This one was especially good. It puts the reader through a range of emotions. From humor and sensuality to anger and uneasiness.

You cant help but feel for Adrian. Hes a good man. He made a poor choice in wife, but he doesnt start to see that until after the engagement has been announced and he starts to see Jeannettes true colors.

At the same time, its hard to be angry with Violet for deceiving him because her whole life she has been in her sisters shadow.
Shannon
Im glad I didnt let the hideous cover stop me from picking up this book because it was actually pretty good. Based purely on entertainment, this was like five stars for me. I normally hate stories where people switch places, but since the focus was only on one person, it didnt bother me this time. I loved the whole idea of twins switching at the altar and trying to fool the husband. It was such a cute premise and I found myself easily flipping through the pages. Admittedly, it wasnt the best ...more
Carol
Dec 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Good grief! This book was so bad. In the worst overly dramatic, bad movie sort of way. Nothing like the Mistress Triogly that came before. I found myself skimming alot of it once I reached halfway.

The book blurb was interesting enough. I've read a few books with a similar storyline, but never like this one. The book gets points for beginning decently. It opened during the wedding, thus throwing us right into the fray. So no slow build up, thank God.

However, the drawn out details and inner
Tina
Yet another audio book listened to on the strength of the narrator -- Bianca Amato -- and that it was part of my freebie month with the audible romance package.

Leaving out the basic premise of the story -- which I will get to in a minute -- the romance between the couple, their time spent together and the build of their love story is really good. Even the reaction of the husband once he finds out what happens is good romance novel fare.

However the premise was so bonkers unbelievable that I
Amber
Aug 11, 2017 added it
DNF- honestly I couldn't get past the honeymoon scene...way too traumatizing. I just don't care enough to continue and it's been over a year since I started.
Laura_sommeils
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn't like the main characters and how shallow they seemed to me. And I wasn't particularly fond of the author's writing style. I don't think I'll read the second book because the mc is someone I don't care to read about, but I might pick the third book. I'm not sure yet.
Bespectacledreader
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1800s-nobility
Some may not like the amount of deception in this book,
description
They might even be aghast, [Okay, I just want to use the word aghast. No one will be aghast about this story]
description
but I can't help myself from liking it. I was thinking more of 4.5 but I decided to be generous because I feel quite satisfied at the end of the story so 5 ☆
description
I think it is because of the novelty of the story in this time setting made me like it. Aside from the novelty here are things that I liked:

a) The sceneries. Somehow I
Fangirl Musings
Oct 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like character based drama page-turners
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: Discovered on my own
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 10, 2015 08:11AM

• The Abduction of Julia (Rogues, #1)
  • The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1)
  • Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends, #1)
  • An Arrangement of Sorts (Arrangements, #1)
  • Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)
  • The Courtesan Duchess (Wicked Deceptions, #1)
  • Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)
  • The Devil Is a Marquess (Rescued from Ruin, #4)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1)
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
  • Love Is Blind
  • Tallie's Knight
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • His at Night (The London Trilogy #3)
  • The Madness of Viscount Atherbourne (Rescued from Ruin, #1)
Tracy Anne Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Regency historical romance novels, including At The Dukes Pleasure and The Husband Trap. Her books have appeared on the USA Today Bestsellers list and the Borders Group List of Bestselling Single Title Romance Paperbacks. She has won numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers of Americas prestigious RITA® Award, the National ...more

The Trap Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)