Start by marking “Highland Avenger (Renegade Scots, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Avenger (Renegade Scots, #3)

Highland Avenger

(Renegade Scots #3)

Duty drove him to possess her, but love will drive him to his knees.

Eight years ago, savage Scots invaded Eve Decres’s home, murdering her family and plunging her into a nightmare. As sole heir to a strategically located castle on the border between Scotland and England, Eve became a prize to be wedded and bedded, and she fled into hiding. She survived by clinging t
Published July 9th 2019 by Darbyshire Publishing LLC

Start your review of Highland Avenger (Renegade Scots, #3)
Maggie Whitworth
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
💋💋
The first couple of chapters of this book are some of the most action packed I’ve read in a Historical Romance book.
They really grab your attention and drag you into the story , from there it never lets up, and continues on to be part of one of the best Highland series I’ve ever read.

The character of Grant Fraser is one that was in the previous book along with his brother Simon , who is also in this .
He’s Honest ,Honourable, and a wonderful character ,one that you can relate to as a Laird
Barbara Rogers
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series: Renegade Scots #3
Publication Date: 7/9/19
Number of Pages: 209

This was an excellent read even though I hadn’t read the first two books in the series. I felt perfectly comfortable reading this as a stand-alone. The writing is excellent, the plot is well developed and the characters were interesting.

Eve Decres lost her entire family eight years ago when a group of brutish Highlanders was allowed into her home by a traitor. The Highlanders murdered her father and mother right before her eyes
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve and her sister, Mary, are victims of an attempted abduction after their parents are brutally murdered--their father-- in front of Eve. They were young girls, Mary being just five. Eve was a little older and her father had named her as heir to Linlithian Castle, a strategic stronghold between the Scots and the English.

Eve has decided she wants to go home, even though she doesn't know for sure where it's at. She and her lady's maid, Clara, have been hiding in a convent for years after escaping
Petula
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve Decres is an heiress to an English castle that stands in a very important place on the border with Scotland. She has been in hiding since the murder of her parents, but now she has come of age and can rule in her own right. Unfortunately once she is discovered many others want to force her into marriage to take control of her castle.
Grant Foster has had to become the new Laird of his clan after traitors of Scotland caused his brother's death. Now he has to find his younger brother and his f
Candace N
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a brilliant and engaging story by Julie Johnstone! This has to be one of my favourite books of hers that I’ve read. It is perfectly paced, full of action, adventure and completely captivating characters. I honestly could not get enough and am sad that something so wonderful had to end. There is lots of emotion and is quite unpredictable. I was on the edge of my seat throughout most of the book. I absolutely loved Highland Avenger!! I highly recommend it!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Highland Avenger by Julie Johnstone is book Three in the Renegade Scots Series. This is the story of Grant Fraser and Eve Decres I have read the previous books (and Loved them!) but feel this can be a standalone book.
Eve is to inherit a prime piece of land that she inherited after her parents killed. Eve has been hiding in a convent but now she ends up being taking in a plan to marry her to claim the land. Grant has just become a new Lair of his clan after traitors killed his brother. Now he is
Lorrie
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart went out to Eve from the very beginning. I loved how she was fierce and strong and even that her stubbornness would court trouble. But much of what she believes is not so which you find out as your read this story. Sometimes, treachery lies where you least expect it and it's her journey after meeting Grant that will bring things to light.

Grant: loyal, honest, fair, and fiercely protective of what is his. From the moment he met Eve, he felt changes within himself that he couldn't explain
Susan
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book! It was full of action & adventure plus the characters were great. I became invested in their story and had that sad to see it end but loving that I read the story feeling when I completed the book. I look forward to more books in this series! ...more
Julie Whitman
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful adventure! Someone dies! There is a forced marriage and lots of adventure for revenge! Highly recommend this book!
Anissa
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnstone's Renegade Scot series is incredible. Highland Avenger is Grant Fraser's story and it does not disappoint! Julie weaves magic through a dark and turbelent time. The war between Scotland and England during Robert the Bruce's time was extremely violent and dangerous for all, men, women and children. Julie doesn't hide those facts but laces the love and romance between the reality to give you a fabulous love story.
Eve DeCres awakens one morning to the attack of her home. She finds
AnnMarie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highland Avenger is the third book in the Renegade Scots series by Julie Johnstone. Although part of a series it can easily be read as a standalone.

From the very first pages, this story gripped me. Talk about an exciting start. Ten-year-old Eve Decres and her sister are being spirited away from the family castle which is being raided by an evil Scots clan.

8 years later we join Eve again. For those years she has been kept hidden in a convent for her own safety. Her home is in a prime location and
Lori D
Brace yourself to be drawn into a heart pounding opener in the first page of this amazing story. A group of murderous, savage warriors took Eve Decres, after laying siege to her home when she was ten years old, along with her little sister Mary. Eve had just been named heir to her father's estate just two nights hence, a prized border castle wanted by many and she was the pawn for someone to gain it through her.
She is able to escape the warriors when they are grabbed by the stablemaster from the
Janet
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eight years ago, savage Scots invaded Eve Decres’s home, murdering her family and plunging her into a nightmare. As sole heir to the strategically located Linlithian castle on the border between Scotland and England, Eve became a prize to be wedded and bedded, and she fled into hiding.
Now, Eve is catapulted into a world of feuding clans and warring kingdoms where she’s forced to make a choice that threatens to destroy her chance at freedom and shatter her heart. Amid treachery and violence, she
Brenda Hughes
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a wonderful third installment in this series,. Julie Johnstone never fails to disappoint me with her writing and this is certainly no exception. This story is full of adventure right from the start. Barbaric Highlanders, innocent young girls, murder, betrayal, grief and much to keep you enthralled until the last page. The characters are so well written, evil as well as endearing. I highly recommend this book and the books in this series. I was gifted this book and am voluntarily review ...more
Kat Tolle
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gosh…I am in shock! What a way to start a book! So very sad but you can’t help but wonder what else is going to happen. Highland Avenger by Julie Johnstone is book 3 in the Renegade Scots series and this book draws you in from page one to the very last page. This is a stay up all night to read as you will not be able to put it down. This is an amazing series and Julie has really out done her self on the historical portion of this series. Truly amazing! If you have not read a Julie Johnston ...more
Kathy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great banter between this couple! Eve is strong willed and Grant is just the man to curb some of her headstrong ways. There is a lot of intrigue and betrayal, which makes for an interesting read. I suspect that we will read more about some of the secondary characters as the author seems to hint that there is a story about what Clara has been up to.
Shirley Hamlod
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series so I was delighted when this book came out. The story of Eve and Grant is an excellent piece of writing. The trouble they get into along the way is interesting to say the least! A great story full of romance and constant surprises.
Eileen Dandashi
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highland Avenger is excellently paced, thoroughly action-packed with characters who were easy to love, others easier to hate!

Author Julie Johnstone’s story read itself. I mean, there was no hardship staying with the read. Additionally, Johnstone’s writing voice, along with the scene pacing had me flipping the pages!

I whole-heartedly recommend this story to reader’s who love their heroes braw, sensitive and clever, and their heroines determined and savvy enough to get what they want.

A Little Abou
Emma
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you want action and adventure? ✔ Do you need to feel the fresh air of the highlands and the cool breeze going through your hair? ✔ Are you interested in clan politics, feuds, and two kings to appease? ✔ Do you want to know how far English Lords and Scottish Lairds will go through to gain greed and power? ✔ Do you want to feel the anguish and pain of the innocent or the brutal murder of the undeserving? ✔ There is loyalty, betrayal, murders, heiress in hiding, and in one moment of defending th ...more
Kim Cooper
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading Julie Johnstone's books. This is a great read but I just didn't like how Eve couldn't accept how things are and couldn't let go of certain happenings. I dunno, this wasn't my favorite of her books. Besides the annoyance to me with Eve I thought Grant was very well written. I could envision his turmoil and could feel the emotions.
Debbie Glenn Brown
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve Decres’s has been in hiding with the Sisters of Saint Cecilia Convent for eight years ever since her family was killed by Scottish Highland raiders. She’s now turned eighteen and the castle and leadership of the clan is her inheritance and she’s ready to return home to her birthright. Aros MacDougal comes to capture Eve and she’s become the prize to be wedded and bedded. Grant Fraser just lost Simon, his Laird and brother. He’s just captured Laird MacDougall and his next is to capture MacDou ...more
Donna
1296: Valley of Blood Borderland between England and Scotland:
Eve Decres, age 10, is the heir to her father’s Linlithian Castle. She has a younger sister, Mary. One evening she was kidnapped and forced to watch the killing of her parents and their knights. A stableman tried to free the girls and their maids. Eve saw her sister trampled by a horse and she went over her horse’s head into the water below.

1306: Scotland: Grant Fraser, his younger brother Thomas and his elder brother, Simon, are runn
Rachael Keefe
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one tells a story quite like Julie Johnstone. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole book and I couldn’t put it down! The book is fast paced, full of adventure, a little blood thirsty, and has incredibly strong and lovable characters. This book is full of big emotions, keeps you guessing and is definitely the kind of book you will keep coming back to.
Julie
I’ve read one of the previous books in this series. (Outlaw King book 1) I don’t think you need to read the other books, but it gives a little background.

Grant is newly appointed Laird if his clan, he wasn’t suppose to be the Laird, that was his brothers place, but he was murdered, so Grant has to step up. He has captured the man responsible for his brother’s death, but had been told his nephew is being held captive, so a swap is needed to save his brothers son.

Eve has been in hiding ever sinc
Cindy
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Johnstone has written another compelling Scottish story with plenty of action, mistrust and a happy every after. Grant and Eve are two emotionally scarred warriors who are out for revenge to avenge the family they lost to greed during the troubled times of Edward and Bruce’s battle to rule Scotland. Grant saves Eve from one of the Fraser’s enemy’s. But he soon discovers Eve’s true identity and knows instantly they must wed. Though Eve does not wish to marry for anything but love she will do ...more
Ann L
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
After witnessing her family murdered, Eve flees the castle where she lived to a convent with her companion. Being the sole heir, she has enemies who wants her home for its strategic location on the border between England and Scotland, for the moment, her Uncle is running the castle until Eve's 18th birthday, when it becomes hers whether she is married or not, meaning she is a prime target to be married to.
She lets her guard down one day and her enemies find her.

Grant Fraser, is still a champion
Brenda
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Amid treachery and violence, she soon discovers her only hope dwells in tying herself to Grant Fraser, a noble, fierce Highland warrior. Though passion smolders between them, Grant is bent on vengeance.
I love Julie's books as a
Peggy
Shelves: read-2019
Highland Avenger is an awesome story of adventure and romance. Grant Fraser is now Laird of Clan Fraser and has vowed revenge against the MacDougalls, a clan allied with the English and responsible for the death of his brother Simon. Eve fled her home when her parents were murdered and has been in hiding for eight years. Before she can return to reclaim her home, she is kidnapped (by the MacDougalls) and rescued by Grant. What follows is an action-packed dangerous story that is hard to put down. ...more
Amy Alvis
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve has just turned 18 and is determined to reclaim the home she was forced to flee. But she soon learns that there are roadblocks in the way, including others that are trying to get her property for themselves. At this point, she is uncertain who to trust. She ends up turning to Grant for help.

Grant is always willing to help others when he can, especially a comely woman. But helping Eve, may mean that he does not get the vengeance he craves. Can these two work together and get both of their des
Suzannah
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highland Avenger is book three in the Renegade Scots series by Julie Johnstone. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has unexpected twists and turns. Johnstone is a master at peeling back her characters layer by layer and revealing the person beneath. I enjoyed Grant Fraser. He makes his debut in Highland Defender, book 2 of this series. But this is definitely his story and his time to shine. Eve Decres is a wonderful heroine. I liked her wit and fire. “The devil thought to wed her, take her castl ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to series 4 29 Aug 07, 2019 05:06PM

• The Blacksmith (Order of the Broken Blade, #1)
  • Scandalous Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #4)
  • Sexy Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #2)
  • Highlander's Scarred Angel
  • Highlander's Wounded Beast
  • Highlander's Heart Of Steel
  • The Mercenary (Order of the Broken Blade, #2)
  • A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • Highlander's Golden Jewel (Beasts Of The Highlands, #6)
  • Highlander’s Venomous Snake (Beasts Of The Highlands, #7)
  • Highlander's Fierce Wolf
  • Lord of the Sky (The Executioner Knights, #6)
  • Ella's Desire (Borderland Ladies #3)
  • Anice's Bargain (Borderland Ladies, #2)
  • The Scot's Betrayal (Highland Swords Book 1)
  • The Scot (Order of the Broken Blade, #3)
  • Catriona's Secret (Borderland Ladies #4)
  • Highlander's Wicked Game (Wicked Highlanders, #1)
Julie Johnstone is a USA Today and #1 Amazon bestselling author. Scottish historical romance and Regency historical romance featuring highlanders and aristocrats are her love, and she enjoys creating both with a hefty dose of twists, plenty of heartstring tugs, and a guaranteed happily ever after.

Her books have been dubbed "fabulously entertaining and engaging," making readers cry, laugh, and swoo

Renegade Scots (3 books)
  • Outlaw King (Renegade Scots, #1)
  • Highland Defender (Renegade Scots, #2)