Start by marking “7 Prices for 7 Vices” as Want to Read:
7 Prices for 7 Vices

7 Prices for 7 Vices

7 Prices for 7 Vices is a unique collection of seven short revenge stories created around the seven cardinal sins. Each story involves a character who has committed one of the seven sins and has inflicted suffering on an unsuspecting victim. Will the victims extract their revenge? The elements of karma and mercy are not at play this time! It’s purely about the genius of th ...more
Paperback, First, 102 pages
Published June 10th 2019 by Notion Press

To ask other readers questions about 7 Prices for 7 Vices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Prices for 7 Vices

Start your review of 7 Prices for 7 Vices
Alok Mishra
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author is experienced enough to understand life and all its aspects - good and the bad. There are seven short stories in the book and all seven are based on 7 recognised sins that we all know to be fatal. The stories are based on pride, lust, gluttony, envy, greed, sloth and anger. Stories are moderate in length, interesting in terms of plot and ending happily. These stories will certainly make an impact on the minds of the readers. The first story is based on pride and it is about a person ...more
Amit Mishra
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
As the name suggests, the book revolves around the very concept of crime and its prices. It's a kind of revenge thriller where no one can save the culprit.
The book is a collection of seven short stories and all seven story reflects a certain vice of human. Starting from anger to envy. All stories are well constructed and well finished.
It's true that nothing can save the criminal, the justice has to be done later or sooner.
Rishi Arya
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the stories in this book hint at the theory that Karma comes back to haunt you or reward you... in the story, Lust, the three pervert friends are taught a perfect lesson by the girl they raped. The story of Chandu and Dr Archana, Gluttony, has a great twist that intensifies the story as it moves. Dhiraj has done very well with this collection of amazing short stories - some lessons and some thinkings! A good read and a quick one.
Shikha Nirwal
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
7 prices 7 vices as name suggests, Book is a compilation of 7 amazing short stories. The best part of all the stories is the unpredictability of end... Auther is simply awesome.
The way he has described the day today life instances which are faced by us knowingly or unknowingly and becomes the cause of revenge
Book is simply awesome.
Sandeep Malhotra
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very meaningful and interesting collection of short stories... I admire the author for such an idea. The stories might seem lacking poetic justice at times but the author's intention and his message are very clear. I would love to recommend this one to every reader who loves reading short stories.
Manjit
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seven stories and seven sins and seven interesting tales to be read... I liked the way Dhiraj has managed his collection of short stories. It begins with pride and ends with anger... do you see the relationship? The stories are quite interesting and all of them have some hidden instance that we find only in the latter part of the story. The biggest one I found in Envy when Maria is shocked to learn something that she never wanted to witness... as a reader, what else could you ask for?
Divya
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
** I received this book from the author for an honest review**
The author Dhiraj Singh has an amazing writing style. His books always have unique elements which are a treat to read. This book too is well written, simple and a quick read, with every story based on the 7 sins (Pride, Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Anger). The twists at the end of each story is kind of similar but yet not predictable or cliched. I loved reading this, except for a few grammatical mistakes throughout the bo
Mugdha Singh
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked reading all the stories and it did not take me more than 3 hours. The stories are quick and interesting and that makes reading even more exciting. The collection is compelling in simple terms and you must go through it if you are an admirer of short stories.
Merril Anil
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all a huge thanks to the author and the team for sharing me a copy of the book and allow me to experience the writing and story. I was amazed as to how much was encompassed in this short book (though took an awful lot of time to get back with a review). The theme of the book is what thrilled me. Picking up the seven sins of the world and giving it such a modern attempt by weaving a very intricate and twisted stories

7 Price for 7 vices comes with seven assorted stories that pick on each of the s
Simran Sherya
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really appreciate the way the author has done this work. In spite of writing a novel, he comes out with a collection of short stories what every reader want to read. Because it delivers the message in a shorter time.
So, the book is a collection of seven short stories that hover around the sins and crime where justice is needed to be delivered. It has taken into account those crimes that are fundamental in nature. It talks about anger, pride and heinous crimes like rape as well.
The theme of a
Ashok Chaudhary
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
All 7 stories have been written with twists to surprise the readers at the end. The title gives away what we are about to witness and that's the game plan of the author. He has written about 7 corruptions of a human being - the seven sins. Greed, envy, lust, gluttony, sloth, pride and anger... the stories are about characters who suffer one of these. The anger story is humorous as well as enlightening. Pride teaches us not to be arrogantly proud of oneself. The weirdest and twisted story to me w ...more
Abhishek Sharma
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been reading short stories for a while now. I have been a fan of Kafka for his weird style and of Chekhov for his minute inspection of human emotions. Here, the author comes up with human weaknesses in the form of vices and pens his seven short stories around that. Stories are indeed interesting and also decorated with sudden and certain turns that baffle the readers and sometimes just surprise them enough to hold their heads and think. You never know who is doing the noble job and who is ...more
Alka Shikha
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title is intriguing... indeed, there are 7 prices that people in these 7 short stories pay but the prices are justified. Read the story Lust and you will salute the guts of the girl who seeks her revenge on three beasts who have raped her. Read the story Envy and you will realise how tough it can be for people to forget their pain. Read the story pride and you will realise how wrong is it to judge others and think of oneself beyond judgement... wonderful collection... a must-read for all lov ...more
Aman Gupta
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are some books that you really want to finish it one day. The book which consists of seven short stories provides a sensible reading pleasure to the readers. It has all the credentials to be the best book in the field of short stories. It has a thrill, suspense, crime and justice or in the other words revenge. The plot of all stories revolves around those seven cardinal sins.
NA interesting story with a wider twist.
Simran
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The popular belief that what goes around comes around... the theory of Karma... the system of justice - what you sow that shall you reap... all the characters who are doomed in this collection of short stories are either the sinners themselves or mistakes have been committed by people close to them. Sometimes, you might feel for some of them and most of the times, you will believe that justice has been served. Reading these short stories will be a unique experience. Enjoy!
Lakhan Mishra
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover is a little deceiving, in fact. The book does have violence but it does not have that bloody violence that we often find in contemporary fiction. Dhiraj's writing is of a different kind. He does not let emotional outburst mar intellectual boundaries. He has written about characters who are flawed with emotional weaknesses and thus lose the battle of life, eventually. I liked these short stories and would certainly love if the author can write more like this.
Amit Kumar
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
As the book's introduction here mentions the theory of Karma, what you do comes unto you, the same you will find in the book as well. Reading the seven stories collected in the book by Dhiraj, the author, will make you strongly believe that one should not act being in the grip of any of these vices or life becomes a difficult journey, sometimes... Envy is the one that made me feel sympathetic towards the antagonist. Likewise, Gluttony might leave you in temporal dismay. Lust serves poetic justic ...more
S Sharma
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked Envy, Gluttony and Lust. These three stories are well-written and connect to the theme. Other stories seem forced at times but toward the end, they all make sense. This is something very new to me - 7 stories connected to 7 vices of a human being. The book is also very little time consuming and so I would recommend the book to my friends. This would make a very ideal weekend read!
Jyoti Sinha
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why do our elders always care for what we do? It's because they know very well that our Karma goes with us. All the short stories in this collection indicate the same thing. When we are gripped by bad thoughts or bad emotions or bad actions, we are supposed to witness the consequences. The protagonists in all these stories are persons with certain faults in their characters and they are met with their fate afterwards. Must-read stories that keep the readers excited until the end.
Nikhil
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very significant collection of short stories based on human vices... The author has introduced to the readers with human emotional weaknesses and also the adverse rewards associated with those. The stories are based on 7 human conditions that lead to problems in life. You will like the stories because all of them are well constructed and having very well-planned twists in the middle and in the end as well.
Nishant Anirudh
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Right from story number 1, you are drawn into reading this collection. And one by one, the vices unfold until you have witnessed how the 7 vices drain humanity from within a person and make him or her do things that we won't do every day! You will have to give credit to the author who has weaved the stories with seriousness as well as with craft. The motives, in most of the stories, are hidden and only come to fore at the end. That's a nice scenario to imagine!
Saloni Kumari
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of deceptive stories that leave the readers in awe... you will need to read it very carefully and then only you can enjoy this book that contains 7 wonderful stories. I liked the one that talks about lust and how lust overshadows our wisdom and the ability to take the right path.
Ankit Chauhan
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
In terms of plot, after reading the first story, you can easily conclude that almost all other stories (7 in total) are the same. The lead protagonists (as it seems) are the ones who are reaping the curse of their faults in the past. However, even this revelation does not take away the joy of reading these stories from the readers. Interesting, intriguing and exciting as well...
Sahil Trivedi
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Some of the stories are rather weird in nature. For example, envy and Gluttony. These two stories at least end at negative notes or keep the readers in total darkness as to what happens next. However, other stories are fine and you believe that poetic justice might have been served. I agree with other readers who have reviewed the book. The language is also simple and according to the preference of modern readers.
Vedika
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
7 short and interesting stories!

Good pacy read. Short stories with a twist in the tail...or tale?
Easy flow in the stories. Good fun. Keep going, Dhiraj!
Shankar Subramanian
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Friends
Intresting short stories , very engaging & entertaining . The story takes you thru various emotions successfully & at some point you start feeling you are part of the stories narrated by the author.
Sid (Sidhartha)
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The title is apt - 7 prices for 7 vices. Dhiraj has written about the 7 faults of human beings that make them pay high. You will certainly love the twisting stories about Envy and Lust as well as Gluttony. Anger is somewhat humorous to me. All other stories are well-knit. If you love reading meaningful and thrilling stories, you can read this book.
Ananya Sharma
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what I was looking for... all the stories in this fine collection are worth reading and you should not miss even one! Just go for it. The stories are based on human weaknesses of seven different kinds and protagonists are picked very carefully. The concept of introducing a twist at the end or in the middle of the story is also very well-executed.
Pooja Varde
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The stories throughout this book are very engaging and quite unlike any I have ever read before! Highly recommend it to anyone who wants a quick gripping read.
Anil Dias
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A superb collection of short stories built around the 7 deadly sins. What makes the book interesting and an exciting read is the twist at the end of each story, making one wish there were more than 7 sins. Could not help think about one of my all time favourite movies " Seven"

• Greed Lust Addiction
  • SHE - A Message for those who Belittle Girls!
  • Demythsifying Myths: Demystifying 18 Myths about India
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • The Essays
  • Laalach Vaasna Lath: Bhauthikbaad Banaam Adyathmiktha-1
  • 13 Untitled and Weird Poems
  • Cognitive Fitness: Pain Is Inevitable. How to Alleviate It and Use It to Your Advantage.
  • Indicting Goliath
  • Blogging for Gold
  • Hitherto & Thitherto
  • Who Killed the Murderer?
  • The Combat of Magic and Miracles
Dhiraj Singh has successfully established and led several businesses in the infrastructure, services, and financial sectors in India & abroad. He is currently part of the senior leadership team at the largest Indian business support services group. Dhiraj holds a Master’s degree in International Management from The American Graduate School of International Management, Thunderbird and an MBA in ...more