Start by marking “The Madness in Our Intentions” as Want to Read:
The Madness in Our Intentions

The Madness in Our Intentions

A collection of 32 poems written by mother and son examining love, family, breakups, mental illness, sexual health, self-confidence, and abuse.
Published June 10th 2019 by Webfoot Walkabout Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Madness in Our Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Madness in Our Intentions

Start your review of The Madness in Our Intentions
Rashmi Menon
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Madness in our Intentions, true to its title, is an explosive anthology of poems that explores the depths of a Mother and Son’s minds. The book starts with a poem written by the son, Aidan, when he was 15. It remains true to a 15-year-old mind. The other poems by Aidan shows the reader his feelings as he’s grown up and his take on life in general. My favorite from Aidan was The Shadow.
Landry’s poems, on the other hand, are hard core and hard hitting. There’s a lot of depth in her work. Some
Michele
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book's premise intrigued me, a mother/son duo, together, writing poetry. Simply captivating.

The Madness in Our Intentions is a provocative anthology of poems, a titillating walk through the depth of Landry and Cox's minds. Passion, humor, intriguing takes on life, are all captured within its pages.

If you're a poetry lover, like me, this is one to read.

CJ Landry sums it up best with "I believe in leaving you wanting more."
Moxie Malone
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Layers of Emotions.
Both poets lay bare their souls in two different styles, each consistent with where they are in the journey and maturity. Already of fan of CJ's prose, it was a treat to go deeper into her emotional well with her poetry.
Keela Ainsworth
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
This book features the work of two poets, a mother and son, who each have their own section of the book. The poets have distinctly different yet complementary voices.

Cox's poems are gritty, sometimes romantic, and often humorous. The book begins with the first poem he ever wrote at age 15, and it's interesting to observe the progression of his skill as a poet. The gem of his section of the book, in my opinion, is the hilarious "Ode to Tape."

Sexy, brash, and darkly funny, Landry's poems deal with
Wayne Davids
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rollercoater collection of poems from CJ and Aidan which touch on many emotions and various states of mind. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys poetry. Both authors bounce around and seem to touch on many topics in their life from the outwardly obvious to the intimate and personal. It is a very enjoyable read. Even having just finished it I find myself having gone back and re-read several poems to examine them further.
C.J. Landry
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rewritten Realms
Amy Bryant
Jul 18, 2019

• Immortal Fears
  • Currents of the Duat: Tales from the end of the world Volume One
  • Perfectly Lethal (The Knights Of Seduction Series)
  • The Chain
  • The Incendiaries
  • The Cherries: Faith, Hope, Happiness. Does she dare?
  • Fishnets in the Far East: A Dancer's Diary in Korea
  • The Dennis Bisskit Adventures
  • Dennis Bisskit and The Man From Paris With the Very Large Head
  • The Neighbour
  • The Good Earth (House of Earth, #1)
  • Blubber
  • Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny
  • Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Island Beneath the Sea
  • The Silence of the Girls
Occasional writer, often wanderer, horrible speller, broken thinker, incessant lover of all things ineffable, neutral evil and serious about it. CJ Landry is a multi-genre writer who always has some project demanding her attention. However, she's always got time to hide a body. She's also deathly terrified of sharks because those suckers will one day evolve to breathe on land and eat everyone.

News & Interviews