Start by marking “Madness” as Want to Read:
Madness

Madness

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection!

As a starry-eyed child, I wanted to believe my shining prince would ride up on a white horse, present a diamond ring, and carry me away to his castle. His love would be endless and our lives would be the happily ever after all girls dreamed about. I never knew the fairytale was nothing more than a lie.

I was
ebook
Published December 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madness

Start your review of Madness
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
“I was the butterfly.And my wings were never perfect.They frayed with a jagged edge dusted with bitterness to…save me.”

WoW..this is one of "What the F**k did I just Read?" books.🤯🤯🤯
Long story short ,without major spoilers ,this is about fucked up/on drugs/psychopathic and with a splash of sonophobia (Alice in Wonderland) Ellison .
If you are triggered by foul language ,lots of sex, multiple partners , murder , messed up situations , light BDSM then this is definitely not for you.

Moving on....
Mimiorphee
Shelves: 2019, arc
"Do what makes you happy."

OH LA LA!!! Where I am concerned, it's not a case of "Poof. Gone " , but rather "Boom. Mind blown."

Madness is just that. Pure Madness, genius insanity, beautiful craziness. An onitlric experience for the senses. Every element in this story screams pure perfection.
Part of the Sinister Fairytale collection, this trip into the Darklands is definitely sinister, and cleverly explores the fairytale genre.

The vivid imagery of this retelling of Alice In Wonderland take
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

description
Madness by Kailee Reese Samuels
Genre: Dark Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Standalone -Part of the Sinister Fairy tales Collection

MY REVIEW
Madness is a unique twist on Alice in Wonderland fairytale. Kailee spins this tale in a very cleverly dark and fabulously frightening way. This is a first read for me with this author and I was impressed, she has a singular way with her wording that kept the story flowing smoothly.
This is a deep dark romance story with phycological, and fant
Allyson
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is just like the title MADNESS!!! This is a first retelling of Alice in Wonderland that I have read and maybe that is where I kinda got thrown off course. I loved loved loved the parts I could grasp and dang there were some really hot, fan your face times. I will probably have to go back and read this again at my pace so maybe I catch things I missed because I have questions. The writing and the story were great and I was really into it. I could picture the scenes in my head, you have ...more
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
Step into the madness... leave your sense at the door and be enveloped by your sensory journey... down, down, down you must go because only then you’ll find the madness that will give you light and boom, poof, you’re not the same person anymore. You’re new, reborn and finally free...
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 50 Dec 8 – 14 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Curioser and curioser indeed

This is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and boy do you descend into Madness as you fall down the rabbit hole. It's just as odd as the original both in the characters who inhabit it's pages and in the reality of what is happening. At times is was somewhat esoteric, though still utterly captivating and enthralling.

It's an RH and whilst I could see the chemistry between the different characters, I didn't feel an emotional investment in them. This was more due to the
Bo0kSLoth
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rh-pnr, arcs, 2019
I won't lie, I was so excited about this book. Having read some other books in the collection, I was really looking forward to this retelling as it is one of my favorite classics. Oh boy was I let down. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it is such a confusing book to read. I get the premise, but when you have to go back several pages and slowing reread pages a couple times for fear you missed a key element of dialogue or change in scenery, you should know that the crazy is too CRAZY. It doesn't co ...more
Kahea

***5 ‘Use Caution When Approaching’ Stars***

Madness is definitely the name of the game here because even though I devoured this book and fully comprehended all that it threw at me, I’m still in total ‘WTF did I just read’ mode where I’m trying to get the wonky going on in my head to chill the fuck out so I can attempt to do a review that is just this side of verbal vomit and In all honesty I probably shouldn’t be typing away, but I am, so here goes nothing….

As with any Alice re-telling, one
SimplyƝì₭

Madness was gifted to me for an honest review. I thought I had out grown fairytales, since I have been ARC reading the Sinister Fairytale Collection I am blown away. Kailee Reese Samuels weaved a beautifully rich and improved Alice in Wonderland story. But it also part Daisy Six and hot sexy times combined to give Alice the literal trip of a life time. I was hooked from page one.

Lys the main character is this pyscho/ emu/ brazen chick that will consume you. Once you think you have figured her ou
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Probably more like 2.5.

This sort of saved itself eventually, as it came together (partly at least) to be about saving her fractured psyche.

This is sort of an Alice retelling. We have a vague blue dress, falling down a hole, a rabbit and sort of tweedle dumb and tweedle dree, but there's like 7 of them and they all have a Mistress. But it all came a across as a bit shallow.

I could deal with the meandering narrative and pointlessly erudite language in places, because it is an Alice retelling after
V ~is reading right now ~
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Don't fall prey to the imps inside of your pretty skull. "

**Note: This book is categorized on Amazon as Dark Fantasy Horror. It would be a mistake to go into it looking for a HEA romance. It never claimed to be such.**

"So much noise... So much noise… clocks ticking… cards flying…"

With that out of the way... My first statement would be to look before you jump. Never, EVER has that applied more to a KRS book than here. As has been noted repeatedly, the title was absolutely straightforward for a
Abrar Mirza
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I still don’t know if I liked this book or not. The plot line was good though and the way the story flowed through like a dream, the writing style was really interesting.
Mirjam
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

While part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection each can be read as a stand-alone
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

“I was the butterfly. And my wings were never perfect. They frayed with a jagged edge dusted with bitterness to… save me.”

The first thing I want to say is I am so getting this quote as a tattoo... The second is do not go into this story thinking it is a love story full of romance. It is not. If you have never read a KRS book this probably shouldn't be the first one you read since even for her this one is out there. I am a huge fan of hers and even this one gave me a trip...

Madness brings you to
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~ Jess

This is what happens when you fall down the rabbit hole and it takes a dark twist.

This is not my first retelling of Alice but definitely the most messed up. Kailee's version had that surreal, not quite sober, feel like the original story. It was told in that same poetic nature and featured some of the same unique characters. It also had this dark and demon-like quality along with some serious heat.

A good addition to this series of fairytales and a story I actually didn't expect.
Paula D
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a unique, dark twist on Alice in Wonderland! Ellison is one strong girl but very dark and intense. Ellison has murder on her hands but now years later back in society and following a man down a hole into a whole new world that Ellison will not give up being the Queen. So much going on it’s one of those books ya have to pay real attention to and figure out things as things go on! I loved it! Definitely a must read for dark romance fans! 5/5 stars
Gwen Shafer
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wow book for me. I absolutely love the books in the sinister series so far and this one blows all the others out of the water. This is a dark retelling of Alice in Wonderland. But I have to say that this one is full of fantasy, psychology and romance with so much of each. This is one of the most dark and twisted, tragic version of Alice in Wonderland I have ever read. There are so many different twists in this book. Sometimes I wondered what I was reading. Where the author was taking t ...more
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“So much noise...
So much noise... clocks ticking... cards flying... so much noise.”

Fall down the rabbit hole and embrace the madness in this reverse harem retelling of Alice In Wonderland. Part of the Sinister Fairytale Collection this is a novella that will bend your mind and take you on a wild ride. Reality and imaginary blend into one as her present is merged with the past, escaping the painful truth with an alternative that is just as cruel. Her fractured psyche is desperately trying to come
Chrissy Busick
Shelves: arc
Buckle up and hold on tight for this wild naughty ride. The title of this book couldn't fit this story any better. An incredibly naughty retelling of Alice in Wonderland. Join Ellison on a journey through her own mind to find who she truly is. She learns the truth about herself, and her past. This is a fast paced, wild, and maddening tale. Incredibly fun to read. While, I frequently felt confused and wondered WTF is going on I walked away from this book feeling content. I enjoyed the crazy way E ...more
Dreamer's Books
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kink, menage, arcs, dark
Ellison is a young girl with a messed up life. She retreats into a dark fantasy world much like the tale of Alice in Wonderland but much dirtier and way more screwed up. Real life is even messier and the people you should be able to trust will betray you in the worst way. A dark, sinister story about abuse, stolen childhood and learning to deal with trauma.

Renee
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review or Stephanie's Book Reports.

As a starry-eyed child, I wanted to believe my shining prince would ride up on a white horse, present a diamond ring, and carry me away to his castle. His love would be endless and our lives would be the happily ever after all girl dreamed about. I never knew the fairytale was nothing more than a lie. I was a good girl. Until one night, one tiny trip, one little mistake, one moment of indiscretion. Whe
Jessica Roessler
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kailee Reese Samuels is a brand new author for me.
&I am finding that this Sinister Fairy Tale Collection is really opening my eyes and bringing new and amazing authors into my life.
Madness, is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland.
It is seriously a hard story to really explain. You feel like you are on some sort of trip....almost like something someone would experience on an acid trip.
Kailee does an amazing job bringing dark and sinister alive in this retelling, and included a reverse harem, whic
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
Kailee Reese Samuels is a new to me author and what's better than to experience a new author than to experience them for the first time in the darkest of elements. This is the moment when all the cards are dealt and all bets are placed on the table. This is the make it or break it point.

Madness is an incredibly sinister tale that dives into the 'retelling' world of Alice in Wonderland. Alice in Wonderland was always a fairy tale I set on the back burner. In fact, until a few years ago, I was nev
Jayne
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do I start this review? Where do I actually begin to relate this rather wondrous and fascinating tale? First, let me say that as you go further and further into the story, you realize that you are in a dreamscape. A dreamscape so perfectly created, so beautifully rendered, that you have the actual experience of a dream. I’ve read books depicting dreams, altered reality, in the past. But I’ve never experienced anything close to where this book took me.

It’s not a typical romance. It’s more of
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am trying to gather my scattered thoughts after reading Madness by Kailee Reese Samuels. The author played with dystopia, fantasy, psychology and romance with so much each. This is probably one of the most twisted, dark, deviant and tragic version of Alice In the Wonderland ever written. Half of the times I was wondering if I am losing my own mind. Because the twists, the shuffling and the sharp change from dream to reality were playing cruel games with my mind.

This is the heartbreaking story
Becky Rendon
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What the actual F did I just read!?!?!

I honestly believe that Kailee Reese Samuels is either a connoisseur of hallucinogens or bat shit crazy! Because even a twisted mind would have had trouble conjuring up the chaos she has. Ellison would terrify even the most staunch Alices of this world or any for that matter!

I almost feel like I have yet to leave the rabbit hole. I'm bordering on disbelief and sheer amazement at the tangled web Samuel's weaves. I'm also ridiculously jealous of Ellison's magi
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am always up for an Alice in Wonderland retelling and Madness is straight up crazy!

Crazy Good
Crazy Weird
Crazy Confusing
Crazy Hot
Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!!!

The majority of the book is trying to figure out what in the world is happening with some crazy hot scenes taking place. The whole thing is Madness and named extremely well!

All in all, if you are looking for a bit of madness with super hot scenes and an interesting story, this book will definitely be your jam! 4 outta 5 stars from me and lookin
Angela Thomas
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do what makes you happy.

Logic doesn’t get a vote because madness infects those in love.

Madness is just that. Pure and simple, I feel as though I fell down the rabbit hole and have yet to find my way out. I have been thinking about this book for DAYS and still do not have words.....

So much noise... so much noise... clocks ticking... cards flying...

I can not explain this one dear reader, you will just have to hang on tight and jump in with both feet!
True to the style of KRS it’s hotter than he
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Siren
  • Insolent
  • Legend
  • Sacrifice
  • Lock
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Mirage
  • Imprisoned
  • Heart Thief
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • Abducted
  • Cold Queen
  • Starlet
  • The Hunted
  • Zhànzhì: A Dark Retelling
  • Lost Girl
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Stealing Cinderella
SAL RANIERO.
Charming. Intense. Addictive.

Love the small town gossip?
🥀 Sign up for Kailee’s newsletter → http://eepurl.com/cCJ9fz

KAILEE REESE SAMUELS loves pushing boundaries in original, addictive noir fiction with genre-busting elements from dark romance, romantic suspense, psychological thriller, mafia, MC, and realism. Intense, thought-provoking, edge-of-your-seat, gripping, page-turners that s