Start by marking “Mirage” as Want to Read:
Mirage

Mirage

(The Veiled Love Duet)

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection!

Her fortune was sought after and deception and deceit had a
Published February 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mirage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirage

Start your review of Mirage
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Holy Cliffhanger Batman! I have to know what happens next!

Ok, I will admit that it has been a long time since I have seen Aladdin I didnt see much similarities between this book and that tale. Other than a few tweaks on some of the names, so maybe detailing the similarities in this review will help. Not that this book isnt really good in its own right. I did like the book quite a bit, and I am getting to like cliffhangers a lot more than I used to. Especially if they are spectacular ones like
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 1 of 2 from Veiled Love Duet/Sinister Fairytale collection
POV: First Person Dual
Rating:

Jaslyn Astor grew up in luxury thanks to her fathers success. But his death was a significant blow and changed the life she used to know. Now under the claws of Jasper Lafar, shes longing for freedom and Axel Reed might be the key to taking back her kingdom.

Aladdin is one of my favorite fairytales, so I was intrigued by this one especially that I love retellings. This one is
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A modern day fairytale twist, CM Radcliff brings us Mirage, a whole new world.

This isnt your normal fairytale retellings, its a a new and unique twist.

Whilst some elements are the same or similar, we get sucked into a world where two souls connect in darkness.

Axel is everything in a book boyfriend that I love. A hard, sarcastic and protective alpha.

Jaslyn, although broken, has an inner strength most of us forget we have.

Their fast paced love was wonderful to see develop, I cannot wait to see
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
"I'm not some damsel in distress, Axel, and I don't need your protection."

Girl, stop lying!

Jaslyn grew up with it all - a loving father, wealth, a lavish home, and all the pretty things life has to offer. When her father dies, she's wrecked and turns to the one person who offers her some comfort - Jasper. Unfortunately for her, Jasper is not the man she thought he was. All too soon, he has her completely under his thumb with a ring on her finger and a wedding date looming, looking to tie her
Birjis
Mirage is the sinister version of Aladin and Jasmine.

Jaslyn Aston, daughter of a world-renowned heart surgeon lived her life in luxury. Everything comes down when he dies and she gets manipulated by her fathers right-hand man, and now fiancé, Jasper Lafar. He is wicked and controlling. Axel Reed, born on the wrong tracks has grown up bouncing to and from houses and families. Axel meets Jaslyn on account to Jasper of an opportunity.

Jaslyn and Axel's connection is instant. Jaslyn knew Axel was
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_flawlessdeath

So this is a darkish contemporary Aladdin retelling, it's the first part of a duet but there's not long to wait for the conclusion, April I think.
It's also not a very long read about a couple of hours.
We have Jaslyn the pretty princess in her tower and Axel is the fighter street rat who wants to rescue her from her abusive fiancee Jasper Lafar.
Jasper is an evil and abusive man who controls Jaslyn completely, he is also physically and emotionally cruel and this story does have some dark triggers
CC

Jaslyn Astor has enjoyed a privileged life, but after her fathers death, the circumstances change and Jaspar Lafar becomes her caretaker and fiancé. Realizing the mistake shes made, Jaslyn wants to regain her freedom. As Axel Reed enters her world, Jaslyn recognizes hope but his role just may complicate things.

Im not weak, but Im not strong either. Im broken.

Told from dual POV, the storyline shifts between Jaslyn and Axel revealing bits of their background and how theyre becoming attracted to
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
Jaslyn and Axel is a dark twisted retake on  Aladdin. This fairytale that will enchant even the toughest of critics.  Jaslyn is the princess trapped in her tower by her wicked and cruel fiancé Jasper. Axel a street fighter comes to her rescue. There are some real triggers in here for anyone who has suffered domestic abuse. So please be warned.

Jaslyn and Axel have a vert fiery chemistry  and the story is rich in character development. This was definitely up there with my favorites within the
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Mirage is sadly not one of my favorite Sinister Fairytale from the collection. Mirage is a retelling/reimagining of Aladdin. Axel is the bad-boy fighter that falls for Jaslyn the heir to a company, but Jasper is trying to take control of Jaslyn and all that she has inherited. I didn't find any connections with Jaslyn because she didn't come off as a strong character, in my opinion, she kinda came off as a doormat to the things that Jasper wanted. I didn't care for the
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
WHAT THE HECK!
Jess~
I was not expecting that ending...at....all. But I am all in and I would like book two now, please.

This is another addition to the Sinister Fairytales and this one was based on Aladdin. I have to say the connection is loose, but I could get there. Jaslyn is the princess, quite literally locked away in her castle, put there by the evil Jasper. But this not like any fairytale I remember. It is darker and way more grown-up.

Jaslyn longs to be free from Jasper, who is certainly an
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
This is part of the sinister fairytale collection which retells some of our favorite fairytales and lets say...spices them up a notch! Mirage is the adult remake of a certain star crossed couple with a few wishes. ;) Axel Reed is an illegal street fighter. Once on top, he is now trying to find a way back there. Jaslyn Astor is from a very wealthy family. After her fathers passing she became the owner of his company, Astor Medical Devices & sadly, the fiancé of his right hand man, Jasper ...more
Dirty Little Secret Book Blog
This is part of the Sinister fairytale collection , so I wasnt sure what to expect, but let me tell you its Fantastic!
Jaslyn is one kickass heroine, she may come across as weak and meek until we are shown how strong she really is..
Axel is just WOW, now for all that know me know I have a weakness for the name Axel so I had extremely high expectations of him and he sure as shit didnt disappoint.
Two broken souls, who shouldnt be together, yet their connection is undeniably strong. Their attraction
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jaslyn has a horrible new life when she allows herself to be suckered into an engagement by the evil Jasper. But when Axel enters her life, he gives her hope. They may have to be together in secret, but at least they can be together.

But of course since this is a dark retelling of Aladdin, I knew it wouldn't be flowers and happily ever after, and it most certainly isn't. It is dark and grim and there's a horrible cliffhanger that made me really anxious. I never would have thought to twist
Mirjam
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

While part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Series each can be read as stand-alone
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
Growing up, and still today, Aladdin has been my Disney go to movie. In fact, I can recite the movie from the opening line to end credits. I was an obsessed child and in my adult years I still find myself reaching for the movie. It will always be my favorite.

So when I first saw the title 'Mirage' my heart plummeted into my stomach. I had hope that I would love this novel, but let's face the cold hard facts, I was setting myself up for the ramifications of what would happen if I didn't
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mirage is all kinds of fecked up. It's also a story of survival. Survival for Jaslyn and Axel. These two meet at the worse time possible. Yet, their connection can't be ignored. Jaslyn is dealing with a lot. She perseveres through her abusive relationship. She's strong even when she thinks she's weak. You will fall in love with Axel and Jaslyn. I can't wait to find out what happens next with these two!
Sophie Ruthven
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 genie wishes granted stars.
Wow what a book.
This author ALWAYS blows me away with her words but this was definitely something special.
The characters and plot drew you in from the start and refuse to let you go after the last page.
Not a lot can be said about this page turner of a book without ruining the experience for others, but do yourself a favour and one click immediately so you can start your magical carpet ride.
Gah sitting here cursing the author in the very best way.
Literally no more
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Well, that was unexpected.

Not to say that this retelling was expected, because the twist to this particular fairy tale was definitely an interesting one, but that ending ~ and yes, it is one hell of a cliffy ~ most definitely not what I saw coming. But, lets start at the beginning.

I have to say, that prologue was very well done. It had me needing to know who all the players were and just how far things would go. And they went far. As this is a duet, Im keeping things vague, but I
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
What an intensely phenomenal read! I was completely consumed from the prologue to that ending sentence! My whole world is shaken! I feel like my magic carpet dropped me flat on my a33! This book was a wonderfully unexpected surprise! Mirage is a part of the Sinister fairytale collection, it's a dark and twisted retelling of Jasmine's tale. I say Jasmine's Tale because there are not very many similarities to Aladdin. But you get the main pieces, untouchable daughter locked away from the world. We ...more
Michelle Schwartz
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nooooooooo!! No ... Please tell me that I will receive the conclusion to Axel and Jaslyns story very soon. My heart cant take this! I fell hard for these two and the ending left me reeling. What happens to Axel? Will Jaslyn remember who Axel is? And oh yeah ... will Rush get his story? I need the second half just as bad as I need Rushs story. I typically dont mind a cliffhanger, but with this one, I really do. My heart hurts!

C.M. Radcliff is a new-to-me author, but she is now one that I will
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have said this before, but I am REALLY digging the Sinister Fairy Tales series! Mirage is a modern day Aladdin with major twists and even more deceitfulness, but the underlying story is along the same lines with a lot spicier and devious plot. I think the author did a really good job with Mirage and I saw the comparison with Aladdin from the very start. BUT, it is a duet, so be bracing your self for it to end right when things get good and BOY is it a HUGE cliffhanger- can't wait for the next ...more
Pamela
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance, fantasy, arcs, dark
Jaslyn had everything she could want growing up thanks to her father and his wealth. After her father dies, she turns to Jaspar and her world gets very dark. She is a prisoner and to marry Jaspar so he can keep her father's fortune. Axel is from the wrong side of town. He meets Jaslyn and she has hope for a change. Will Axel and Jaslyn manage to get free from the evil Jaspar? A slight likeness to the fairytale of Aladdin.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mirage by CM Radcliff is the story of Axel Reed and Jaslyn Astor.
Jaslyn's father had died leaving her his wealth and company. Jaslyn ends up getting tricked into and engagement to Jasper Lafar who becomes abusive. Axel has no family and has to work his way up and is now a illegal street fighter. Axel ends up meeting Jaslyn via Jasper. Their feelings become entangled but of course there is danger and they will need to work together to help each other.
This book is a re-take of Aladdin and it
Kathy West
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite book of this series so far.

Jaslyn is living a life she doesn't want. With a man she doesn't want to be with because she has no other option. He is holding something over her head and she can not leave. But she also knows that once he gets the chance, he will kill her and take everything.

Axel is given the opportunity of a life time. Work for a man and make a ton of money doing it. But what he didn't expect was to want to save Jaslyn from the man he will be working for.

What
RLoves2Read
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What!?!? Was that ending a Mirage? 🤐 I really enjoyed this book, but honestly I was not prepared for that cliffhanger! I love a good CH, but I usually go into to them expecting it and this one took me by surprise! I just did not want it to end.

Loved these characters and storyline, and I seriously cant wait to get the conclusion to this story when Clarity is released in the fall.
Mandy Williams
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
C.M. Radcliff is a mistress of the written word. The woman know how to take a well known, well loved fairy tale, throw it in the blender, toss in some tequila, and change it into something completely, masterfully perfect. As a person who is obsessed with fairy tales, I was addicted to Jaslyn's tale from the prologue. A strong, yet broken woman with a backstory that just haunts you and draws to your heart. Her anti-hero, Axel is a combination of my favorite book boyfriends: tortured, brooding, ...more
Erin Figueiredo
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense and Thrilling!

WOW! That was an amazing story. It was intense and thrilling from beginning to end and it kept me on the edge of my seat with anticipation of what was going to happen next. Dark, twisted, suspenseful and oh so sexy!

Jaslyn is a very strong woman but her situation broke my heart. If only she would let her strength and fearlessness out. Along comes Axel to throw her heart into a tailspin. Hes sexy and fierce and doesnt backdown from anything. Their chemistry was powerful and
Renee
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Painted in gold, Jaslyn was born into a life of luxury with the world at her feet. After the death of her father, his empire became hers and the princess became a queen. Painted in gold, Jaslyn was born into a life of luxury with the world at her feet. Her fortune was sought after and deception and deceit had a ring around her finger. But with the ring, came the accessories that money can't buy. At
Breen
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I'm a huge fan CM writing style. After I saw Mirage was written by her I went crazy! I love Aladdin, it's one of my favorite movies and I was dying to read a retelling. I prepared myself for the darkness and possible twisted situations. She did it again! She wrote an incredible story out of this world.

Unexpectedly it wasn't as dark as I thought it was going to be but I didn't love it less because of that.

Important things, Jasper was so annoying and evil! I wanted so desperately to punch him in
Karen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A tale of a dark, twisted, and dangerous man who meets his match when he becomes too greedy.

Jasper Lafar only wants possessions and money. He cant see anything past the money he is determined to get his hands on, or the woman that he deems to be his possession. Too bad for him that the new toy he has acquired doesnt want to play his games and has a mind of his own.

Jaslyn Astor is living in hell and she believes that she deserves everything that she receives. After losing her father, she was in a
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Some Like It Hot!: Mirage by C.M. Radcliff 1 4 Mar 03, 2020 07:19PM

• Sacrifice
  • Venom
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Lost Girl
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • King of Shadows
  • The Hunted
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Play Me
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Sick Remedies (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 2)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Iniquity (Dahlia Saga #5)
C.M. Radcliff lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two demon children. Known as the Psycho Queen, she speaks fluent sarcasm, dark humor, and has the mouth of a sailor. If she isn't reading or writing, she's probably on an adventure with her little family.