Start by marking “Legend” as Want to Read:
Legend

Legend

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection!

Far, far away, hidden on Insula Sacra—Island of the Accursed— lives a forgotten world of man and beast.

Damned by the Gods, and forced to live in everlasting darkness, they continue to fight a war that has long since been buried in time.

With each rise and fall of the cursed moon, they are reminded of all they
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend

Start your review of Legend
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
A dark and steamy take on the Legend of Tarzan and Jane!

When I first saw the pictures of Alexander Skarsgard and his new abs in the early trailers for the latest Tarzan movie and heard that Margot Robbie was playing Jane I was excited to see it. I was very disappointed in the result. Though, I must say they do make the perfect characters for this book. Karzan has Long blonde hair and lots of muscles like Skarsgards’s Tarzan and Janey has red hair similar to Robbi’s strawberry blonde as Jane in t
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Legend was such an interesting and unique twist on one of my favorite stories, Tarzan. Jealousy and evil drove brother against brother, invoking a curse upon everyone in the jungle. Hatred of people who were different led to centuries of needless war. Centuries of unnecessary death. The bad guy sat on the throne, ruling with an iron fist, feeding the hatred and wickedness, determined to break the curse and continue his reign. But the prophecy could not be denied and so when the chosen one finall ...more
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
This is a short story in the sinister fairy tales collection. A dark retelling on Tarzan and Jane story with a clever spin. Entertaining with lots of action and adventure it's a quick read, so there is no fluff and stuff in between moments. In saying that though, because it's so short, I felt it in lacked in depth, the connection with the characters were not as strong.
Karzan and Janey have an instant love/lust connection giving us some hot scenes so you won't be disappointed in the mattress de
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_now live111c

So this a short tale in the sinister fairy tales collection.
This one is influenced by The Tarzan and Jane Legend and while it didn't wow me I certainly enjoyed it.
The writing itself is good but I just never fully connected on any deeper level.
So this story is set in the jungle and it's all about a cursed island full of shapeshifters and humans who live in the trees. a prophecy, fated mates and a chosen one.
It's short and sweet and lacks depth but it was still somewhat interesting with some hot a
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
A bit (lot?) of a "me not you" situation because technically there wasn't anything wrong with the technical writing, plot or pace, but this just didn't engage me emotionally. It's quite a short read and felt more Lion King than Sinister Fairy Tale but it's still a decent read and well worth trying for yourself.

It took too long, in my opinion, for the H and h to meet and I know they are fated mates and I know they had dreamed of one another BUT there was no attempt to develop any other type of co
Birjis
A twisted fairy tale retelling of Tarzan and Jane.

When beasts and humans started havoc among themselves God brought a solution to the King of Beasts, King Klayton to find a mate thus shall unite the beasts and humans. When the King finds his mate, his Queen, a human Kala many were against this choice. The kings brother Kircheck being one of them. Klayton stripped Kricheck of his titles and Kircheck, angry for this he acted on it,

“They want us to bow down to the humans. They want us to share our
JadeC
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-retellings
4 stars!
WOW. this is part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection, and i CAN'T wait to devour them all.
'Legend' is the retelling of Tarzan & Jane, but in this book they're Karzan & Janey. i'm hooked from the prologue but i think that they might have given away too much since the prologue is rather long!
Janey had a recurring dream.. of a wolf, until a few weeks before her 18th birthday, the dream changes. As for Karzan, he's waited a long time for his mate, his queen. When they finally met
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 2.5 Steam Fans

This fairytale retelling/reimaging was everything I could have imagined. Karzan is the hidden prince and true king of the jungle, but he doesn't know this until the chosen one comes of age. Janey has taught all her life that she was special and destined to do great things. This play on the Tarzan and Jane story kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first page. I loved this experience and looked forward to reading more books from this author.

Video review available
Nerdread
May 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
It lacked depth and character development which caused me to feel disconnected and dissatisfied with the story. It had the potential to be great but it was too short to fulfill that potential.
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
Legend is just one of the many books in the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection. Each book is based on a childhood fairy tale we loved and adored, only these ones are a little darker and a little dirtier.

Before I dive into a novel in this collection, I like to guess which fairy tale is going to be retold. From the title, I honestly thought it was going to be the lion king. And if truth be told, there were a few references while reading which had me leaning more towards the lion king. But because one
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

Another Sinister Fairy Tale and another interesting addition to this collection.

I have to say I was not expecting Jane and Tarzan's story so I was certainly taken by surprise with this one. It was definitely re-imagined from the cartoon my kids watched. On an island hidden away by a curse, Karzan, is about to find out that he is more than he was led to believe he was. Having no idea that he is part of the legend it is time that he "wakes" up to who he really is.

Janey, a girl who had long been fa
Heather 'Confessions Of A Bibliophile' Creighton
Confessions 4 Stars

🌴🐺𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓞𝓯 𝓐 𝓑𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀🐺🌴
❝Iᴛ’s ᴀ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. Aɴᴅ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ.❞
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 𝟒/𝟓 𝓞𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓡𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰: Legend by M.R. Leahy is book number seven in the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection! If you haven’t already guessed it, Legend is a dark retelling of Tarzan! But this time around we have Karzan and Janey. M.R. Leahy is a new to me author and since I’ve stopped reading the blurbs until AFTER I’ve read the book, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect going in. Told in m
Mirjam
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read

While part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection each can be read as a stand-alone
Kathy West
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my first "shifter" book. It was different but it wasn't bad.

This book has multiple characters.

Karzan- The true king of the island of Insula Sacra but he doesn't know that yet. It's a secret his mother has been hiding from him. He is half human/half beast, but he has never been able to release his beast since a curse was put over the island by the gods.

Janey- Has been told stories of Insula Sacra since she was little. She wants to find it one day. To see if the legend of the island is tru
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it, dark
Have you read the previous books in the Sinister Fairy Tales?if not you should. They are standalone and oh so good. Legend is another amazing addition to this collection. A dark retelling of Tarzan this story is amazing. Although this isn’t my normal kinda read I surprised myself by absolutely loving it. Told in multiple point of views these is a great read. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Legend by M.R. Leahy is part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Series.
Karzan lives on the island of Insula Sacra where he has been kept in the dark of this true self. Janey doesn't live on the island of Insula Sacra but has heard of it and wants to find it. Once she is there it seems the curse has been lifted and Karzan starts to know his true mate is near him but can he save her before it is to late?
Enjoyed this dark read.

Beyond The Covers Blog
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romaine
Legend is a unique retelling of Tarzan and Jane that will captivate from the beginning.

A legend that was created through a prophecy. By fate two will be mated, the chosen one. The young prince who will rebuild after the destruction from his uncle.

Absolutely loved this retelling in The Sinister Fairy Tales Collection. Definitely a must read!!
Cheryl
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's me not you

It's not the Author's fault it's mine. This book is just too slow for me. I am at 50% and Karzan and Janet haven't even met. So for me that is too slow and It isn't keeping my interest and the skimming starts. When that happens well....

But take a chance and read yourself most will love it!
Chrissy Busick
I think the best place to start this review is to say that I have never actually read the original Fairy Tales. I know the Disney versions well. If you have read any of the other books in the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection you will already know that these are absolutely nothing like the Disney versions of these tales. So once I finish this collection, I think it's time to read the original Fairy Tales.

This is story is a little harder to guess from it's title. This is a retelling of Tarzan, with
Lightening
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I’ve never read a Tarzan retelling before and I’m absolutely in love with it. Leahy did such an amazing job with it. It’s short and a bit instaloveish but it was still amazing. I loved the legend building around it and the way the characters were written. I connected with them almost immediately. It was steamy and entertaining. I couldn’t put it down. I loved it
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Janey's heard the legends and she's about to find out if they're true or not when she meets Karzan. Karzan's home has been cursed and it's up to him and his mate to lift that curse.

I've been loving this series of dark retelling of famous fairy tales. This time around it's Tarzan and Jane. This is a whole different world than Tarzan's jungle, though. It's filled with shifters and curses and dark deeds and betrayal. While I can't say it is my favorite of the Sinister Fairy Tales serie
Breen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not sure how to even start explaining the greatness of this book. I never in my twenty something old years thought I would read a retelling of Tarzan neither the darkness and twistness of it but here I am after finishing it with a feeling of joy and lostness. Before this book I didn’t knew Megan R. Leahy and after finishing this one I cannot wait to dig into her other stories.

Legend, I wasn’t even sure what to expect about this retelling! It was dark, twisted and full of the power when fin
Angela
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet another brilliant story from the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection .
This one is called Legend , and it’s by Megan R. Leahy.
Forget about all of the Tarzan films that have been made over the years , and you can definitely forget Disney’s Tarzan . This is the new & improved ‘ Karzan , King of the Jungle’.
This story gave me goosebumps, it also gave me a full body shiver once or twice .
While I was reading it , it was like the book was playing in full technicolour right in front of my eyes .
I absolu
Renee
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Far, far away, hidden on Insula Sacra--Island of the Accused--lives a forgotten world of man and beast. Damed by the Gods, and forced to live in everlasting darkness, they continue to fight a war that has long since been burned in time. With each rise and fall of the cursed moon, they are reminded all they've lost. Desperate for freedom,they await the night the one true kind will rise to power and fre
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Legend was an Amazing read! It’s part of the Sinister Fairy Tale Collection, it’s a dark retelling of Tarzan and it’s freakin Awesome! Short and to the point, this book doesn’t play around! There’s no easing you into anything or Bogging you down with detail. Everything is flawlessly written and flows so well, I was intrigued and captivated! It starts off by grabbing your attention and you're done for! The prologue had me! I was a goner! I loved the small bit of prophecy and history, it’s excitin ...more
Karen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great retelling of a fairy tale, but this one is not for children.

This story is of a dark time in the world that can only be repaired by the mating of two beings from different lives. The outcome could be disastrous, but by the whispers of the Gods it could also be the only way to save those effected. The only problem is that it will take years for the effects to happen and for safety and peace to be restored.

Karzan and Janey are destined to be together, but they have to overcome the di
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection (or just Fairy Tale Retellings) then you should definitely check out Legend. Tarzan is one of my favorite Disney movies and MR Leahy did a great way of tying in that story and creating a COMPLETELY different world but still gives you recollection of our favorite characters from the movie.

Legend is pretty short, but it is because it does not need fluff. It is straight to the point and walks you through a path to that is not just a romance, b
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog

A genius twist on the Tarzan tale, Legend provoked vivid imagery in my mind and proved to be a gritty, gripping read.

Paranormal lovers will be delighted and I believe this story will appeal to those who normally don’t read this genre, due to the main characters being so identifiable. Many will know the tale of Tarzan, but I loved this take on it. Shifters vs humans and the gods being in control of destiny, provided many wow moments and the chemistry positively sizzled between Karzan and Janie, w
Katie Silvi
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Legend is riveting.
Legend is captivating.
Legend is an addiction.

Honestly out of all the books in The Sinister Fairy Tale Collection, Lengend was one I was the least anticipating. I've never really been a fan of Tarzan, but Leahy definitely made me a fan of her retelling. I couldnt put this book down. It is an amazing rendition, that had my heart pounding!

Another amazing read in The Sinister Fairy Tales!!!
❀Booksreadathon❀ ↬ indie romance reader5
“Do you believe in the story, Papa?”
“It’s a legend, Janey. And legends always ring with truth.”

The remaigining of Tarzan with a little bit touch of Lion King only in the beginning. And the plot centers in Fated mates and I'm so here for it!

I’ve always been his. Worlds apart, connected only in our sleep, something in me knew it was always meant to be.

Another great fairytale retelling in the collections. So recommended!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mirage
  • Siren
  • Imprisoned
  • Lock
  • Insolent
  • Madness
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • Sacrifice
  • Abducted
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Heart Thief
  • Zhànzhì: A Dark Retelling
  • Starlet
  • Cold Queen
  • The Hunted
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Lost Girl
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)

News & Interviews