Start by marking “The Necromancer's Bride (Gaslamp Gothic, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Necromancer's Bride (Gaslamp Gothic, #4)

The Necromancer's Bride

(Gaslamp Gothic #4)

Forgiveness is not Gabriel D’Ange’s strong suit.

A self-appointed soldier of God with a penchant for ruthlessly punishing his enemies, he vanished after Anne Lawrence stabbed him with his own dagger.

The smart thing would be to let him go.

Unfortunately, Anne’s life isn’t just lonely without Gabriel. It’s insufferably boring.

Determined to heal the rift between them, she goes
Published September 6th 2019 by Acorn

To ask other readers questions about The Necromancer's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Necromancer's Bride

Haddie
Having read A Bad Breed, I was really glad to reimmerse myself into that world and those characters. The Necromancer's Bride has so many amazing twists and surprises around every corner, behind every door. It is pure geniusly written. Kat Ross knew what she was doing. I love this dark take on the Victorian setting. Its just amazing. I'm at a loss for more to say other than YOU SHOULD PICK THIS ONE UP.

*Disclaimer: I received an advance readers' copy of this book through XpressoBookTours in partic
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
~*Check out all my reviews over on The Bent Bookworm!*~

The Necromancer’s Bride is an excellent continuation of the story begun in A Bad Breed, and as the fourth installment in the Gaslamp Gothic series! I was so excited to read more about Anne and Gabriel and the whole scheme of everything that’s going on. I still need to go back and read the first two books in the series (which you do NOT have to read to start with A Bad Breed, but you DO need to read A Bad Breed before reading The Necromancer’
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3 Cranky Stars

I have come to read a few books from Kat Ross and I am never really disappointed. I enjoy the storyline. She’s descriptive. I feel like all her characters have a fleshed out back story and personality.

I do have mixed feelings about Anne in this book however. At times she seems melancholy and indecisive. Sometimes I didn’t like her at all. She made bad choices, but at the same time, that very trait was what also made her relatable. I highly recommend reading the first book in this
Katherine Paschal
**Review can also be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

4.5 Stars
Keep in mind while most books in the Gaslamp Gothic series can be read as standalone (I highly recommend that you start at the beginning but it is not required!) this is actually the sequel to book 3, Bad Breed, and it needs to be read after book 3 since it is a continuous plot.

We got to meet Anne and Gabriel in the previous book which was a dark and twisty retelling of Beauty and the Beast and it did not end with any t
Stephanie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anne Lawrence is a daeva, a magical being, who has upset and almost killed the man she loves, the necromancer Gabriel D'Ange. Anne is now on a mission to find him and repair the rift that she created. When Anne does track Gabriel down, he finds him regrouping the Order of the Rose and planning an elaborate scheme to take down, Jorin Bekker, a particularly evil necromancer. After finding one another Anne and Gabriel don't want to separate, so Anne finds herself aboard a ship to Brussels where she ...more
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Necromancer's Bride is fourth in Ross' Gaslamp Gothic series. Anne Lawrence has gone in search of Gabriel D'Ange to set things right between them. With her, she brings the cross her brother Alec stole from Gabriel countless moons ago. Anne finds him in Bermuda, and just in time. Gabriel and the Order are about to leave for Brussels, to track and dispose of the dangerous Jorin Bekker.

Unbeknownst to the Order, necromancer Balthazar, and his ward Lucas infiltrate Bekker's group with the same i
Jasmine
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my sweet, sweet babies. Where do I begin?
Firstly, The Necromancer's Bride is a sequel to A Bad Breed, which you'll need to read first. And, trust me, it's well worth reading.
Second, I absolutely adore Gabriel and Anne. I shipped them so hard in the previous book, and I'm thrilled that they were given more and had their story continued.

**Possible spoilers below**
The Necromancer's Bride starts with Anne on a mission to track down Gabriel. She finds herself in Bermuda, making up different stori
Katheryn Avila
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest review as part of the Xpresso blog tour for its release.

I wasn’t sure what to expect (as is usually the case) when I decided to read this one. Full disclosure: as part of the tour, I also had to read the previous book in the series, A Bad Breed, in order to fully understand the history between two of the main characters. Honestly, though, I think I probably could have gotten away with just reading The Necromancer’s Bride. The book does a
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earcs
The satisfaction I got from Anne and Gabriel’s storyline in this made me ecstatic! I was like jumping for joy while reading this. [Not really, I’m old and can’t jump anymore, but, I do a bit of a happy wriggle of sorts]

I did miss seeing Vivienne but I do understand why there was not a focus or entrance of her in this book other than in reference. It was necessary in a lot of ways and it worked out so well.

Also this may have one of the best epilogues ever, I’m just ‘forewarning’ you.

Anne is on a
Kri Wood
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours and Kat Ross for the review copy in exchange for a honest review.

This is the first time I read from Kat Ross and this was not disappointing. Now I am going to need the other novels in the series (Books 1 - 3) because Kat's writing and how she makes you become in the story swept me up. Although this is not a standalone I was able to follow the story well. I loved being immersed into this dark Victorian era with Anne and Gabriel. The things that happen (
Breen Rdz
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

“The Gaslamp Gothic Series book #4 completely surprised me. The Necromancer’s Bride was nothing like what I expected and I absolutely adore it! Once again Kat wrote a marvelous story.

Anne and Gabriel story was flawless. A story packed with all the feels and fulled of twists. I simply adored how the story was developed. One thing lead to another epic moment and before you know it, you’ll be dragged by the plot until you reach the end.

The writing was perfectly developed, easy reading and unique.
Teresa
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read

Loved Anne's and Gabrielle story. The authors writing makes you feel you are right there. The different languages and cities sweeps you off of you feet and plucks your heart strings. A must read.
Judith Davids
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
As always, sad to come to the end of another gripping series. The only hope is, as before, that 1 or 2 of the characters appear in Kat's next work . . .
Laura P.
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
RTC
Queen Talk Talk
That was a short engagement.

Once a decision is made they don't waste time. I am glad Anne and Gabriel find happiness. This is not a standalone.
Anie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story starts right where The Bed Bread left off. You are right in the middle of the story - I love the book that start that way. :)

Even after the way, it ended between Anne and Gabriel, she still loves him and goes after him with the cross that her brother stole from him many years ago. She still has hope for them. When she finally finds him, she joins him on amazing adventure, full of twist, and turns and folklore and amazingness. :)

I love the writing style, it's very unique and gives you a
gwendalyn _books_
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

The Necromancer's Bride.Gaslamps Gothic Series, is a Victorian-era paranormal fantasy series This book was received from the Author, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own The Author Kat Ross’s Victorian-era paranormal fantasy series The Necromancer’s Bride is the sequel to A Bad Breed, And t
David E Hartman
Sep 18, 2019
David Samples
Aug 27, 2019
Gail Butterworth
Eafiu
Sarr Bear
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2019
Violet
Sep 14, 2019
Sana Khan
Sep 09, 2019
I've always loved to read more than anything in the world, especially so-called genre stories—mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, horror. I like books that take you by the hand and lead you out of the mundane. That ease back the curtain and show you the wondrous and dark and unexpected lurking just around the next corner. I worked in journalism for a long time before I returned to writing ficti ...more

Gaslamp Gothic (4 books)
  • The Daemoniac (Gaslamp Gothic #1)
  • The Thirteenth Gate (Dominion Mysteries, #2)
  • A Bad Breed (Gaslamp Gothic, #3)