Start by marking “The Power of Breathwork: Simple Practices to Promote Wellbeing” as Want to Read:
The Power of Breathwork: Simple Practices to Promote Wellbeing

The Power of Breathwork: Simple Practices to Promote Wellbeing

Drawing on a multitude of breathing practices from different healing and spiritual traditions, The Power of Breathwork includes 25 simple exercises that can be practiced alone or with a partner to facilitate proper immune function and enhance connection, creativity, joy, intuition, or to reduce depression, anxiety, trauma, tension, physical pain, and more.

Knowing how to b
Published March 3rd 2020 by Fair Winds Press

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Breathwork, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Breathwork

Start your review of The Power of Breathwork: Simple Practices to Promote Wellbeing
Roberta
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been practicing meditation/mindfulness for over 2 years now, so when I saw this book, I thought it would be interesting to explore a related area. Before I get onto reviewing the contents, let me just say what a beautiful little book this is! The cover is lovely (in fact it is the reason I was drawn in), and every single page has an attractive background and border.

I think this is a good introduction to the subject. It covers the basic concepts, what breathwork can be used for, and so on
Heidi
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Suosituuuus! (Mikä on tämä selfehelpin tarve nyt hei!)
Justin
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a basic yet fairly comprehensive overview of breathwork.
In the beginning it felt like it was going to be too basic, but got into its stride when it listed a dozen or so breath work practices. It also had a section on partner based practices which will be less useful for me. It was a pretty great book, the only gripe I have is that it seems like there should be more useful breath practices out there (the book feels a li
christinemm
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was introduced to the concept of doing breathing exercises about 30 years ago and have done yoga for years, but this is the first book that I have read on the topic. I was a little annoyed with the first three chapters which I felt was too much beating around the bush and I wanted to get directly to the exercises which begins in chapter 4 (which is halfway into the book). One chapter tries to get you just to connect your body and mind to your breath, the next has solo breathing exercises, anot ...more
Witch-at-Heart
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great introduction to the benefits and different techniques of deep breathing and would be great for those suffering anxiety for anxiety or simply wanting more ways to relax.

Great for both understanding the physical/emotional benefits of breathwork and getting started. This book is well-written and easy to understand.

The book covers multiple types of breathing techniques and gives many options for meditation to choose from.

I loved reading about how to connect with your body with depp breathing
Audrey  Adamson Stars in Her Eye
I really enjoyed The Power of Breathwork. Jennifer Patterson walks you through a variety of breathing exercises that you can do alone or with a partner.
Patterson's respect for the work as well as the contraindications impresses me. I take her seriously and that makes me want to try each exercise.
Patterson also prepares you for the emotional and physical outcomes. She encourages journaling and gives you prompts to help with this process.
I would recommend this to anyone who needs a way to relax an
Caz
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Great introduction to breathwork and a beautifully presented book.

I felt a lot of the exercises were very similar, especially in the last section, and found myself losing interest or not really reading the finer details.

Some exercises say to practice with a breathwork coach or practitioner first, which seems counterintuitive. If you are already working with a coach, wouldn't they be prescribing the exercises?

Really enjoyed the first half of the book, not particularly relevant for myself after t
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a helpful introduction to breathwork. The book first describes the science behind breathwork in the body and then provides 27 different breathing exercises.

I received an ARC from NetGalley. The book will be released on January 28, 2020.
Annie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm most interested in breathwork for yoga but saw this available on Netgalley, so I grabbed it for a quick read. Useful and easy to understand techniques. ...more
Merry
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Wonderful applications for learning to train your body for meditative breath works. I like the specific breathing exercises for creativity, breathing through conflicts and a great exercise for breathing to settle down for bed at night.
One of the most resourceful things provided in this book are the affirmation vows that really allow you to set importance and intentions to your affirmations.
Jessie

• You Are Not Alone
  • On a Sunbeam
  • Strengths Finder 2.0
  • Check, Please! Book 1: #Hockey
  • Tales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #0.5)
  • The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
  • Vanha nainen tanssii
  • Kaikki elämästä(ni)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Being Perfect
  • Try Softer: A Fresh Approach to Move Us out of Anxiety, Stress, and Survival Mode--and into a Life of Connection and Joy
  • The Enneagram & You: Understand Your Personality Type and How It Can Transform Your Relationships
  • The Secret History of Twin Peaks