Start by marking “A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)

A Wizard's Choice

(The Magicals #2)

Dreams or duty?

Wizard apprentice Kurtis Warde doesn’t want to become a full-fledged wizard, but he feels obligated to his grandfather who raised him. Making The Choice, whether or not to become a wizard and join The Circle, doesn’t feel like a choice at all. Leaving The Circle would give Kurtis the freedom to follow his own dreams, and to pursue vampiress, Dee, who has alw
Published July 17th 2019 by TirgearrPublishing

To ask other readers questions about A Wizard's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wizard's Choice

Start your review of A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)
InD'tale Magazine
Readers will be thrilled to escape into the magical world Maya Tyler has created.

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Megan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this engaging and entertaining story. A Wizard’s Choice is a continuation of the series and provides mature and wonderfully written storyline for my favourite character from the first novel, Kurtis Warde.
Not your ordinary vampire, wizard and faire pulp this book dares to explore some modern ideas of the self and age old struggles with do the sins of the past dictate your future.
Throughout the adventure Kurtis grapples with his identity and inner desires. The identity crisi
Karen Shortridge
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kurtis Warde feels obligated to his grandfather who raised him to become a wizard and join The Circle, leaving The Circle would give him freedom to follow his own dreams. Fairies still exist but always in hiding fearing more unrest after the long-time feud between them and the wizards. Everyone Kurtis cares about including his life coach/friend Alina are in danger once he discovers his connection to the ancient beings The Annunaki, the ancestors of wizards and fairies.
Debbie Eyre
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you had a choice would you love as a witch or human? That’s what our mc in this book has to choose from in this well written paranormal romance! A magical story with emotions, action, conspiracy, all walks of paranormal beings, and some fascinating characters! An intriguing read that I really enjoyed!
Jennifer Tooker
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure – I was provided a copy of this book by the authors; however, I have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

An Impossible Choice

Kurtis Warde is a wizard apprentice. His father is a wizard and so is his grandfather. It would be a natural conclusion that Kurtis would make The Choice and join The Circle as well, but the closer that day draws, the more conflicted he becomes. Making The Choice would solidify his standing as a Wizard, but the cost would be forfei
Viviane Crystal
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kurtis Warde has to make a choice – to live as a wizard or a human. However, he feels very obligated to his grandfather, who has raised him and protected him from the evils of the feud of centuries between the Wizards and the Faeries. Kurtis first meets Dee, a vampire, who introduces him to a world of phenomenal sex. He is obviously besotted by her but she sees their initial sexual encounter as just that and no more. Kurtis is haunted by the fact that he has no idea who his mother and father are ...more
Oh My Bookness
Feb 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
A Wizard’ Choice is a compelling and alluring, adventurous story of an apprentice named Kurtis Warde. He’s conflicted about what’s the right thing to do. Does he follow his heart or his emotional obligatory duties to his family? Being a wizard apprentice and growing into a complete wizard. Kurtis grandfather had raised and protected him from the danger of the century battle that had been between the wizards and the fairies. His grandfather has high hopes of Kurtis making the right choice and joi ...more
Suzanne Hare
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a choice that apprentice Warlock, Kurtis Warde, is being forced to make. Love or peace. If he had his way he would pursue his own dreams and the lovely vampire, Dee. But to do that he would have to leave The Circle, and all those he cares about at a dangerous time. There has always been trouble between the Wizards and the Fairies but things are ramping up. So now he my decide to go with his heart or try and help keep the peace.

This is a great paranormal romance studded with conspiracy and a
Belinda Wilson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Kurtis is an unlikely hero in this story that centers on the feud between the fairies and the wizards. Sheltered by his grandfather, Kurtis has an almost childlike innocence about him, but he can be depended upon to act when necessary. The first part of this epic focuses on the story “The Vampire’s Tale”. It is repetitious to anyone who has read the first story. That segment ends, and “A Wizard’s Choice” story follows, focusing on Kurtis and his parentage and how he fits into the world of the ma ...more
Clarice
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was quite an intriguing read. If you like reading about witches, vampires, and other magical beings then this might be a good fit for you. I don’t read many books about witches and wizards, but I found this one to my liking. It wrapped some actual history into a fiction story, and the author did it well. I liked most of the characters in the book. The bad guys seem just bad at first, but even they have a story to tell. Even they have their reasons for doing what they do. The only thing was ...more
Kate
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heeeeellllllll yeah!
Second book in the series, and it took me a bit to pick this one up. I enjoyed the first book, but wasn't in love with it. That isn't the case with this one!!!!
While there is a lot of timeline jumping, and there are a lot of characters to keep track of, this book makes sense. The characters are loveable and flawed at the same time. There is a ton of action, and the romantic scenes are hot.
This is a FANTASTIC fantasy romance with a little but of everything for everyone. I can
Amy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wizard's Choice is the second installment from The Magicals series and my first introduction to Maya Tyler. I enjoyed this fun tale. I was entertained by Kurtis’ story throughout. I thought the plot was intriguing and writing style different, which I found to be quite refreshing.
I am giving A Wizard’s Choice four and stars. I would love to go back and read the previous book of the The Magicals series to find out what had happened previously.
I received this book from the publisher. This revie
Heather W
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wizard's Choice is the second book in The Magicals Series and is an intriguing paranormal romantic suspense. The characters are well developed and Kurtis is intriguingly complex as he learns more about his family background. The storyline is well written, with suspense, magic, faeries, wizards, and a love triangle.

I am looking forward to reading more books in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Wizard's Choice: The Magicals Series, #2 by Maya Tyler is such an amazing story that I have read. This is book number two in this amazing series and I can not wait to read more. I sat on the edge of my seat from start to finish and I loved reading it. I highly recommend this sotry to all.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kurtis has such a wild and exciting journey to find the answers to the questions he always wanted to know as his wizard grandfather raised him. How will he decide on his Wizard’s Choice? Fun and exciting adventure

Krissy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading the second book in the series, although it can be a stand alone book. The relationship between Kurtis and Dee is one they figure out together about their family ancestry. Whether to follow his own path or another is something you will just have to read to find out!!

Rose Brown
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A Wizard’s Choice” is a well-written paranormal romance filled with suspense, adventure, drama, and love. The storyline seems to branch off into more than one tale, which holds your interest and the complex characters make this a book that you can’t put down.

Elvira
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. It was a great with the having characters that are well developed and engaging and have plenty of chemistry. The flow of the storyline was steady and smooth.

Dawn Milligan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great stand alone I really enjoyed this second book it's well written and the characters are well developed its a great read ...more
Tayra Sanders
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story got my attention. I liked it, it is an entertaining story. I received this book as an advanced reader copy from book sprout for my honest review.
Barbara
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two of The Magicals Series by an Author I have not read before. I will be looking for more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kathy
Jul 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is a paranormal genre, being torn between what the family wants and what you think is best for you is a very real conundrum in today’s world. Following in the family footsteps or leaving the fold has caused many arguments in families for centuries. Who do you please? What choice do you make? That is what this book, A Wizard’s Choice, is about. At least that’s one of the many interesting facets of it.

Which leads us to my point about this series. My point being that the paranorma
Marianne
Mar 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is a great paranormal romance! I really liked it.. Exciting, magical and suspenseful. Interesting and emotional characters..
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Kurtis Warde is a wizard’s apprentice but he doesn’t want to be a wizard. He is only going through the motions and the training to appease his grandfather. Kurtis feels that he owes his grandfather this because he took him in as a baby and raised him. Kurtis doesn’t want to disappoint his grandfather who is a wizard and part of The Circle. It has always been taken for granted that Kurtis would become a wizard like his grandfather and join The Circle. What will Kurtis do? Will he become a wizard ...more
Ioanna
Jun 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nq2S...
Blog: https://nanasbookreviews.wordpress.co...

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

A Wizard's Choice by Maya Tyler is a paranormal story. It's the second book from The Magicals series.

Kurtis Warde was raised by his grandfather, Waldor Warde, since he was a baby. Waldor was a wizard and part of the Circle. While Kurtis was growing up he was taught to be a wizard as well. At one point he had to make the decision of joining the Circle o
Tirgearr Publishing
Jun 11, 2019
Graceli Kaye
Oct 05, 2021
Maya Tyler
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marilyn Rondeau
Mar 17, 2020
Risah
Nov 12, 2019

• Claiming Claire
  • Renewal (Enchanted Foxes, #4)
  • Dragonsworn (Crystal Wing Academy, #2)
  • Scorpio's Grace (Scorpio's Grace, #1)
  • Francesca, The Great and Terrible (Emerald City Academy #2)
  • Rising Tide: Dark Innocence (The Maura DeLuca Trilogy, #1)
  • Familiar Deceit (Mystic Hallows Harem Ep. 6 & 7)
  • His Game (His Obsession, #1)
  • Tainted Moon (Mystic Hallows Harem Ep. 8 & 9)
  • Sloth (The Deadly Seven, #4)
  • Dark Knight
  • Death at the Manor (Lily Adler Mystery, #3)
  • Daughter of Rage and Beauty
  • Dark Skies 1-3 (Dark Skies, #1-3)
  • Winter's Edge (Crimson Winter Reverse Harem, #1)
  • Hades Academy: Fourth Semester (Hades Academy #4)
  • Creatures of the Night School (Book One: Return to Sender)
Maya Tyler is a multi-published author of paranormal romance novels and blogger at Maya’s Musings. An avid reader, Maya writes the books she loves to read—romances! Her paranormal romances come with complex plot twists and happily-ever-afters.

When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, listening to music (alternative rock, especially from the 1990s), practicing yoga, and watching movies and TV.

The Magicals (5 books)
  • A Vampire's Tale (The Magicals, #1)
  • A Fairy's Quest (The Magicals, #3)
  • A Fairy Godmother's Redemption (The Magicals, #4)
  • A Magical's Gift (The Magicals, #5)

News & Interviews

As the final days of the year tick themselves off the calendar, the 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge is coming to a close. Sincere...