Start by marking “A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)

A Wizard's Choice

(The Magicals #2)

Dreams or duty?

Wizard apprentice Kurtis Warde doesn’t want to become a full-fledged wizard, but he feels obligated to his grandfather who raised him. Making The Choice, whether or not to become a wizard and join The Circle, doesn’t feel like a choice at all. Leaving The Circle would give Kurtis the freedom to follow his own dreams, and to pursue vampiress, Dee, who has alw
Published July 17th 2019 by TirgearrPublishing

To ask other readers questions about A Wizard's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wizard's Choice

Start your review of A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)
InD'tale Magazine
Readers will be thrilled to escape into the magical world Maya Tyler has created.

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Karen Shortridge
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kurtis Warde feels obligated to his grandfather who raised him to become a wizard and join The Circle, leaving The Circle would give him freedom to follow his own dreams. Fairies still exist but always in hiding fearing more unrest after the long-time feud between them and the wizards. Everyone Kurtis cares about including his life coach/friend Alina are in danger once he discovers his connection to the ancient beings The Annunaki, the ancestors of wizards and fairies.
Debbie Eyre
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you had a choice would you love as a witch or human? That’s what our mc in this book has to choose from in this well written paranormal romance! A magical story with emotions, action, conspiracy, all walks of paranormal beings, and some fascinating characters! An intriguing read that I really enjoyed!
Megan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this engaging and entertaining story. A Wizard’s Choice is a continuation of the series and provides mature and wonderfully written storyline for my favourite character from the first novel, Kurtis Warde.
Not your ordinary vampire, wizard and faire pulp this book dares to explore some modern ideas of the self and age old struggles with do the sins of the past dictate your future.
Throughout the adventure Kurtis grapples with his identity and inner desires. The identity crisi
Jennifer Tooker
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure – I was provided a copy of this book by the authors; however, I have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

An Impossible Choice

Kurtis Warde is a wizard apprentice. His father is a wizard and so is his grandfather. It would be a natural conclusion that Kurtis would make The Choice and join The Circle as well, but the closer that day draws, the more conflicted he becomes. Making The Choice would solidify his standing as a Wizard, but the cost would be forfei
Suzanne Hare
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a choice that apprentice Warlock, Kurtis Warde, is being forced to make. Love or peace. If he had his way he would pursue his own dreams and the lovely vampire, Dee. But to do that he would have to leave The Circle, and all those he cares about at a dangerous time. There has always been trouble between the Wizards and the Fairies but things are ramping up. So now he my decide to go with his heart or try and help keep the peace.

This is a great paranormal romance studded with conspiracy and a
Belinda Wilson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Kurtis is an unlikely hero in this story that centers on the feud between the fairies and the wizards. Sheltered by his grandfather, Kurtis has an almost childlike innocence about him, but he can be depended upon to act when necessary. The first part of this epic focuses on the story “The Vampire’s Tale”. It is repetitious to anyone who has read the first story. That segment ends, and “A Wizard’s Choice” story follows, focusing on Kurtis and his parentage and how he fits into the world of the ma ...more
Viviane Crystal
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kurtis Warde has to make a choice – to live as a wizard or a human. However, he feels very obligated to his grandfather, who has raised him and protected him from the evils of the feud of centuries between the Wizards and the Faeries. Kurtis first meets Dee, a vampire, who introduces him to a world of phenomenal sex. He is obviously besotted by her but she sees their initial sexual encounter as just that and no more. Kurtis is haunted by the fact that he has no idea who his mother and father are ...more
Amy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wizard's Choice is the second installment from The Magicals series and my first introduction to Maya Tyler. I enjoyed this fun tale. I was entertained by Kurtis’ story throughout. I thought the plot was intriguing and writing style different, which I found to be quite refreshing.
I am giving A Wizard’s Choice four and stars. I would love to go back and read the previous book of the The Magicals series to find out what had happened previously.
I received this book from the publisher. This revie
Clarice
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was quite an intriguing read. If you like reading about witches, vampires, and other magical beings then this might be a good fit for you. I don’t read many books about witches and wizards, but I found this one to my liking. It wrapped some actual history into a fiction story, and the author did it well. I liked most of the characters in the book. The bad guys seem just bad at first, but even they have a story to tell. Even they have their reasons for doing what they do. The only thing was ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Wizard's Choice: The Magicals Series, #2 by Maya Tyler is such an amazing story that I have read. This is book number two in this amazing series and I can not wait to read more. I sat on the edge of my seat from start to finish and I loved reading it. I highly recommend this sotry to all.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kurtis has such a wild and exciting journey to find the answers to the questions he always wanted to know as his wizard grandfather raised him. How will he decide on his Wizard’s Choice? Fun and exciting adventure

Krissy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading the second book in the series, although it can be a stand alone book. The relationship between Kurtis and Dee is one they figure out together about their family ancestry. Whether to follow his own path or another is something you will just have to read to find out!!

Heather W
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wizard's Choice is the second book in The Magicals Series and is an intriguing paranormal romantic suspense. The characters are well developed and Kurtis is intriguingly complex as he learns more about his family background. The storyline is well written, with suspense, magic, faeries, wizards, and a love triangle.

I am looking forward to reading more books in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Elvira
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. It was a great with the having characters that are well developed and engaging and have plenty of chemistry. The flow of the storyline was steady and smooth.

Rose Brown
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A Wizard’s Choice” is a well-written paranormal romance filled with suspense, adventure, drama, and love. The storyline seems to branch off into more than one tale, which holds your interest and the complex characters make this a book that you can’t put down.

Tayra Sanders
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story got my attention. I liked it, it is an entertaining story. I received this book as an advanced reader copy from book sprout for my honest review.
Barbara
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two of The Magicals Series by an Author I have not read before. I will be looking for more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Dawn Milligan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great stand alone I really enjoyed this second book it's well written and the characters are well developed its a great read
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Jun 24, 2019
Tirgearr Publishing
Jun 11, 2019
Maya Tyler
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marilyn Rondeau
Daniela
Ellie W
Jean

• Claiming Claire
  • Renewal (Enchanted Foxes, #4)
  • Dragonsworn (Crystal Wing Academy, #2)
  • Scorpio's Grace: Book One in the Scorpio's Grace Saga
  • Francesca, The Great and Terrible
  • Rising Tide: Dark Innocence (The Maura DeLuca Trilogy, #1)
  • Witching Hour (Mystic Hallows Harem #3)
  • Third Eye Blind (Mystic Hallows Harem #4)
  • Sloth (The Deadly Seven, #4)
  • Dark Knight
  • Daughter of Rage and Beauty (Berserker Academy, #1)
  • Dark Skies 1-3 (Dark Skies, #1-3)
  • Winter's Edge (Crimson Winter Reverse Harem #1)
  • Hades Academy: Fourth Semester (Hades Academy #4)
  • Creatures of the Night School (Book One: Return to Sender)
  • Destiny's Dark Light
  • Jason and the Wolf (The Wolfsden Novels Book 2)
Maya Tyler is a multi-published author of paranormal romance novels and blogger at Maya’s Musings. An avid reader, Maya writes the books she loves to read—romances! Her paranormal romances come with complex plot twists and happily-ever-afters.

When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, listening to music (alternative rock, especially from the 1990s), practicing yoga, and watching movies and TV.

The Magicals (2 books)
  • A Vampire's Tale (The Magicals, #1)

News & Interviews