Start by marking “For the Love of a Word” as Want to Read:
For the Love of a Word

For the Love of a Word

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of a Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of a Word

Start your review of For the Love of a Word
Laura Grace
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such an encouraging read!

I absolutely LOVED the poetry, especially Inkblood and MUSE, but all of the poems were wonderful. Totally my favorite part and just resonated so deeply with me. An Author’s Prayer was encouraging as well!

The letters were eye-opening to me because I did realize I AM a writer. One of the letters talked about feeling like a fake and how we are not one. That letter really hit me because no matter how my writing process and journey is, I’m still a writer.

And I’m goi
Verity Buchanan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Most books are geared towards two kinds of people: readers, and writers — who are generally readers by default. This book is different.

For the Love of a Word is a series of poems and love letters directed at writers. It is meant to target the various aches and joys that assail our souls, the transports and the despairs that wring us head to foot. It is a compilation of works by sixteen different authors who want you to know that you are not alone.

The poems are varied in style, some using complex
Selina
These pieces made me smile, made me cry, made me dream and imagine and think. They gave me warm feelings and determination and inspiration. This collection is everything I needed to read right now. And it has a little bit for everyone: a few pieces of art, beautiful poetry, and powerful letters to writers.

I can't rate this one (I'm one of the authors), but I absolutely loved my fellow authors' contributions. This book is everything a creator, especially a writer, needs. Some of it is geared towa
Rebekah Lewis
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of a Word was full of beautiful, thought provoking poems.
Letters from writer to writer giving inspiration for the weary soul.

Relatable, sad, inspiring, heart touching words filled this beautiful little book.

By the end I knew I had seen these authors hearts what a special thing it was.

Beautiful, poignant, heartbreaking words of experiences fill their aching hearts to overflowing.

Aching as in a soul breaking truths but as well as their beautiful true hearts aching for you to realize y
Keturah Lamb
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I’m in this book.
But I can still I love it, can’t I? My bias doesn’t make it untrue does it?

Review coming to my blog August 14, 2019.
Courtney Kleefeld
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oyaner-books
"Healing is not only soft cotton bandages and pastel flowers. Healing is gritted teeth and sharp edges and a scream that cuts through the air like a knife."

"Allow yourself to be afraid, because oh my love, you will be so very, very afraid. But do not let the fear destroy your dreams. Do not let the cruelty of others break you. Grieve for it, always, but do not let it dictate your choices."

This anthology of poetry and encouragement for writers is mixed. There are beginner writers' works in it, an
C.O. Bonham
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the love of a word is a book of poetry and love letters, all about the written word and our passion for reading and writing it.

It is a short read and can easily be finished in a single setting. Though I personally think that prose this powerful should be savored. I plan on reading it again much slower.

Struggling writers will find encouragement and support. Seriously if you are a writer suffering from doubt or fear, get a copy of this and read one letter a day, or all at once.

I believe this
Annie Harley
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marissa
Jul 13, 2019
Brian McBride
Jul 15, 2019
Savannah Jezowski
Jul 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Beka
Jul 26, 2020
Shelly
Sep 29, 2020
Selina
Jun 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
David
Jul 25, 2019

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Kidnapped
  • Maus II: A Survivor's Tale: And Here My Troubles Began (Maus, #2)
  • The Serpent King
  • Hand of Steel (The Steel Hand, #1)
  • Daughter of Sun, Bride of Ice (Ice and Fate, #1)
  • Prince of Stars, Son of Fate
  • A Song Flung Up To Heaven
  • The Express Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #9)
  • Island Girls
  • A Lesson in Secrets (Maisie Dobbs, #8)
  • War Horse (War Horse, #1)
  • Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
  • Black Recluse
  • A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2)
  • Space Murder (Captain Liz Laika Adventures 1)
  • Beast in the Machine