Start by marking “Forever and All the Afters” as Want to Read:
Forever and All the Afters

Forever and All the Afters

He promised me forever.

Then he boarded a plane for a college a thousand miles away and never returned. A decade later there’s a ring on my finger with a new promise from a new love.

Published September 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Forever and All the Afters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever and All the Afters

Start your review of Forever and All the Afters
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
forever-and-afters

FOREVER AND ALL THE AFTERS: Is a full length, slow burn second chance romance. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

A heart warming, all the feels, emotional rollercoaster of a ride..

In stories like this there's always a villain, one character that we just don't connect with like the other, and it's the other that all us readers root for and this story is no different. I liked one male character by far over the other and was glad how the author wrapped this one up.

What happens when the one you
Myla
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I spent my evening devouring this book in one sitting and I absolutely loved it.

When Pike went off to college in New York all the promises of "forever" he said to Aubrey was just words that left her devastated. It took time for Aubrey to move on from her first love. Years have passed, finished college and proud owner of Designs With Hart, an interior design company. But when it comes to the affair of the heart, she's now engaged to Caleb. A man who won't leave her. She did move on or that's what
Carla Bulian
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Beneath The Covers Blog
Shelves: arcs, alison, 2019-reads
There’s something about first loves that really hits me right in the feels. Aubrey and Pike were meant to be the forever after, the end game, but when he goes away to college things changed.

Let me start off with, I absolutely hated Aubrey’s fiancé Caleb! If there was ever a moment I could jump into a book and beat a person up it would be every time I read a part with Caleb in it. I could feel my blood pressure rise every time he had a part in the story.

Pike and Aubrey, I loved. I just wish
K.I. Lynn
Aug 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Forever and All the Afters is releasing September 23rd!

He promised me forever.

Just as my life falls into place, pretty as the pages of a magazine, my world is knocked over. The moment he touches me everything around me begins to crack, exposing all the lies I’ve told myself.

Every glance reminds me. Every touch ignites.

Things aren’t how they
Elizabeth
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Spoilers

This is the story of Aubrey and Pike, young lovers who got separated when he went to college, and basically never contacted her again because he felt they were too young and were going to be separated by thousands of miles. In the story Aubrey in present day is engaged to Caleb, and Pike has returned, because he wants her back now that he knows she is engaged.

First, I do want to give the author credit for letting the heroine move on in this second chance, she had two relationships,
Anne OK
35% and I'm done, finished and not even sympathizing with any of these characters. I'm not usually willing to DNF a book in such a short time span -- but I swear I can't even begin to tell you how revolting it was to read about Caleb, a manipulative jerk of the first order. He is a classic abuser. And Bree - well that poor girl was just a spineless slave to the pervert. She tries to convince herself that he does all he does in the name of love. Get a life, girlfriend! And then there's Pike, the ...more
Chelsea
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah this story nothing like first loves that were always meant to be. Pike is perfect, well besides waiting a decade to come back for the woman he loves but that's what makes the story that much sweeter. I loved everything about this story Aubrey had an amazing network of work friends and Nora (She was hilarious). My favorite quote from the book sums up the entire story in my opinion:

“I’m in love with you, Aubrey. I’ve never stopped being in love with you.”

This was a wonderful read that I
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pike is my all time most swoony man. I heart this story from start to finish. Well done
Izzie d
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: second-chance
Alexandra Stephens
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rochelle
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This is my first book by this author and I loved it. Pike and Aubrey were a great couple. I could feel the love they had for each other and it was a wonderful feeling. Where can I find a guy like Pike? I need something like that in my life. I had tears in my eyes as I was reading this story. I understand completely what Aubrey was going through. She didn’t know what she was getting into until it was too late. She thought he wanted what was best for her and it wasn’t. He was slowly pulling her ...more
Nova  Brantley
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Same crap. Different day. What’s with 10 years. That seems to be the magic number in these second chance romances.
Renee
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

He promised me forever. Then he boarded a plane for college a thousand miles away and never returned. A decade later there's a ring on my finger with a promise from a new love. Just as my life fall into place, pretty as the pages of a magazine, my world is knocked over. The moment he touches me everything around me begins to crack, exposing all the lies I've told myself. Every glance reminds me. Every
Vickie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a slow burn, second chance romance that’s an emotional rollercoaster.

Aubrey has moved on since Pike shattered her heart a decade ago. Now in a relationship the last thing she’s expecting or wants is for Pike to reappear. It soon becomes clear that while Aubrey has moved on, she’s definitely not over Pike. The more time she spends around Pike, the more the cracks in her relationship become clearer and as Aubreys eyes are opened, her life and everything around her starts changing.

I
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a new to me author, and the book certainly didn't disappoint. After being gone for ten years, Pike returns home and Aubrey is engaged to another man. With each encounter with Pike, Aubrey fights back the old feelings and memories, convinced her future is with Caleb. But Pike fights to remind Aubrey they are meant to be together.....forever.

thehotmesslibrary
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who knew love could be so bittersweet in this romantic read by K.I. Lynn. Forever and All the Afters focuses on main character Aubrey, a sweet girl who seems to have lost her way somehow and forgotten who she is. Both Aubrey and Caleb work together, Aubrey as an Interior Designer and Caleb as the person who renovates and flips houses, they are also engaged and everything seems perfect…or so it seems. Aubrey is focused on the wedding and on her life in general, but she keeps thinking about the ...more
Evelyn Sword
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pike left Aubrey as he got on a plane headed for college. Years later with fear, heartache and regrets of not coming back soon enough. Aubrey is angry at Pike for leaving her, never a phone call, never coming home to see her, nothing from pike. Pike stayed away building a career and was only trying to do what he thought was right for them, but is he to late? Aubrey is engaged to Caleb, she is in love with him. When Pike comes back home, he is all Aubrey can think about. This book is raw and full ...more
Kandace Denys
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an emotional ride from start to finish.
Absolutely first, I think Nora might have been my favorite character, and maybe she needs a book? Just a thought. The way she didn’t tell Aubrey whatever she wanted to hear, but advocated for what was actually best for her, is an absolute testament to true friendship.
The story of Caleb and Aubrey broke my heart, and not in a good way. Everyone knows someone who has lived some version of that life, and it’s devastating.
And now, for the good
Lexi Cubbins
While I'm a huge fan of the author's work - The Executive is one of my favorite office romance books of all time -, and I was so excited to read something new from her, this one was a big miss for me.

I read some other reviews and I see why many refer to this book as an emotionally charged rollercoaster ride. It is and as far as the story and the writing go, it's as wonderful as you'd expect.

I had a very hard time connecting to the characters. They didn't do this story justice and they were way
Tiffany
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nope.

I just did not like Aubrey. It was clear from the very beginning that her fiance was easily manipulating her. Not feeling too great with a pounding headache? Let's go get coffee for the fiance. She also seemed like she was on the verge of tears in every single chapter. Poor Little Miss Aubrey. It's like a game of tug-of-war with herself. She goes I can't do this with you Pike and then runs off with tears in her eyes. She's doing it to herself too. Initiate a kiss? The next step is to run
Tammi
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Second chance at first love stories are my weakness, my absolute favorite kind of romance and KI Lynn nailed it!! My heart was breaking and warming at the same time throughout the story.. Breaking for her with the wrong guy and then warming when she is with the right one.
Pike blew back into town after leaving Aubrey heartbroken 10 years before. And he knocked her for a loop!! She was engaged, she was about to get married but it was the wrong man for her. The story that
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot explain how much I loved this book. I read my first K.I. Lynn book last year. I dove into her work like crazy! I thought that she couldn’t get better, but she blew this one out of the water for me!!

I love something about a triangle love story. This one is just that, kind of…

Aubrey Hart gave her heart away when she was a teenager, but she is now engaged to a different man (Caleb). And of course (being a second chance love story) Pike Warren walked back into her life. Actually, I would
Sheila Schoenauer
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart can finally relax! This book, wow, it's hard to put accurate words to this book. I can say that you won't want to put it down until the very end. At first glance you'll think this book is a love triangle, which made me nervous. I don't do love triangles. But this book is not that. And in order to get that full understanding you really need to read it. Pike and Aubrey were made for each other. They have years of separation to deal with, along with fears and a manipulative and controlling ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forever and All the Afters is a story by K. I. LLynn.This story is way more than I expected. I was riveted, confronted, and captivated by the characters of this twisted tale. The characters were simplistic complication. The story took many unexpected turns, and my attention belonged avidly to this author's words. A stunning and fantastic delving into the complex workings of a toxic relationship, the healing of a true love, and a happy ending. This story had it all. A well rounded, eloquently ...more
ABWO Book
Shelves: reviewed
“I’m in love with you, Aubrey. I’ve never stopped being in love with you.”

This line was everything. You never forget your first love. We have all been there. Sometimes it takes time to heal old wounds. I feel in love with the author because of this book and I can't wait to devour the rest of her work! This was a heartwarming, feely story that I didn't know I needed until I read it. You will not only love Pike and Aubrey but you will also love the side characters!
Terri
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love second chance romances but this one didn’t work for me. It started out ok like a nice slow burn but soon fizzled out. Pikes reasons for not coming back to Aubrey and for as long as it took him we’re just not justified all all to me. I felt Aubreys treatment by her current love interest was way unbelievable for her character. She was beyond a doormat and he was abusive. It didn’t fit her character to stay and put up with it. The second half picked up at a faster pace which had me skimming ...more
Tiffany
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am still in awe of this story hours after finishing. K.I. Lynn never ceases to amaze me with her words. My heart hurt and then was put back together again. Friends to lovers at it's finest with angst oh all the angst. Loved every morsel of this book.

"That despite all the afters, I am forever yours."

Donna Purcell zappone
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want a great second chance story ... here's your story.
Pike left Aubrey when he got on a plane for college. Only problem was he never came back... cue my anger!
Pike started to build his career. Once that was done he came back ... meanwhile ....
Aubrey is happily engaged to Caleb but once she sees Pike ... uh oh!!!!
This book has emotions being thrust at you from left and right.. it's raw. It's emotional. And so good.
Ashley Herndon
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
E. V. E. R. Y. T. H. I. N. G. This book is sooooooo goooood!

Seriously. Aubrey & Pike FOREVER

It was raw, real, so heart wrenching!

High school sweetheart who always intended to return to each other and something went awry.

She moved on. Is engaged to a real "winner".

If you're looking for second chance love with a strong plot, phenomenal dialogue and an awesome ending, look no further!!!

Highly recommend!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hold on to Hope
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)
  • Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • The Way We Fell
  • Wilder Love
  • Jack & Sadie
  • Forget Me Not
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Best of Me
  • Saving Barrette
  • Wait for Me
  • Breaker
  • To Be Your Girl (To Be Yours, #1)
  • I'm Yours
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Incomplete
K.I. Lynn is the USA Today Bestselling Author from The Bend Anthology, Amazon Bestseller Becoming Mrs. Lockwood, and the Amazon Bestselling Series, Breach. She spent her life in the arts, everything from music to painting and ceramics, then to writing. Characters have always run around in her head, acting out their stories, but it wasn't until later in life she would put them to pen. It would turn ...more
“My fingers flit across the counters as I take it all in. I stop when I notice the crystal pendant lights hanging over the peninsula.

"Crystal ones?" I ask.

"You've always loved the sparkles and chandeliers."

"I do love them, they look great, but why because I like them?"

He swallows hard and blows out a breath. "Because I didn't buy this house for me. I bought it for you...for us."

It's our dream house. The one we talked about years ago. The ones we sculpted with teenage minds and teenage hearts is still perfectly us.

"What?"

"We used to talk about the future, about what our home would be like. I remember the excitement you would have when talking about what you wanted in our home, and I found a home with those elements that I could make ours."

"Is this a little fast?" I ask, even though I know the answer in my heart.

"It's not to pressure you, just to show you that I meant every promise. With the relationship you just came off of, we will take it at whatever pace you want, but no matter what, I'm going to be standing right beside you. I made the mistake of not coming home years ago, but I'm not going to take the chance of losing you again.”
0 likes
“I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that I have no life without you. I was insecure and scared, but not anymore. I want nothing more than to love you and take care of you for the rest of our lives, and I can only hope you'll give me that opportunity.

You're my forever.”