Start by marking “Venom” as Want to Read:
Venom

Venom

(Sinister Fairy Tales)

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection!

-Tinks-
From the moment I befriended him, I set a conspiracy in motion.
A revolution.
Kill Peter Pan.
And I was their ultimate weapon.
Just as they hoped I would.
But their plan comes to
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Venom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venom

Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description
I love fairytale retellings, and I love dark and twisted books, so this one seemed to be right up my alley. And...I LOVED IT. Two days and two different books that get 5 Stars from me. Maybe the book funk I've been in is ending?? Anyway, as I said, I loved this book. It was well written. Original. Well paced. The plot was engaging. Dark. Twisted (that twist...shocking). Not safe (for those of you wondering). The sex was hot (although very slow burn with Tink and Hook). Great world building. Gre
Miftahul _MsLovesReading_
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
she’s purity and light, I’m maleficence and darkness.

title- venom
Author- dee Garcia
Publish- 15 oct 2019
Genre- fantasy romance
Amazon - Venom: A Dark Retelling https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XX44VKK/...

♥♥♥

a standalone novel by Dee Garcia! Tinksley bell is a fairy, in love with peter pan but her parents are against it. When peter leaves her heartbroken and devastated, Captain Hook who owns the island and wanted Tinksley helps her recover. He watched her with peter pan, he loved her from the beginning but he knew that she belonged to someone else.

no matter how badly I may want he
We Like them Dark **
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Can I keep you, Tinksley? As my finest treasure?”

Seriously can I keep this couple forever because honestly they’re one of my favorite, EVER. This is absolutely a top read for the year for me-I’ve never really been so captivated, so utterly intrigued by a storyline before. I’m so appreciative that this author put one of the most unique, creative, and intelligent spins on a fairytale as old as time.
Tinksley was seriously put through the emotional ringer-but through it all she stayed
Christina Concus (Midnight Reads)
Shelves: 2019-read
This is a retelling that everyone should read!!!

Dee Garcia did an amazing job with the retelling of Peter Pan with the focus more on Tink and Captain Hook. This book kept me hooked until the very end.

Tinksley went through some many things that it kept me wanting more. She starts as an innocent young girl, who thinks she is in love? However, does she really know what love is?

Hook was still dark but in a captivating way. Even though he was cruel he was more on so in the pe
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
I absolutely love fairytale stories so when I saw this I couldn’t resist reading it. I wasn’t disappointed as Venom was a fantastic read.

No spoilers here. Jump in and read this amazing story. I sucked this story up in two sittings (had to feed the family so they’d leave me alone lol ).

This author turned everything completely around in what I thought of Peter Pan. She blew my expectations out of the water. Venom is definitely my favourite of this authors so far. Can’t wait to see wha
Thea™

May 12th '20: Winter’s Arrow by Lexi C. Foss
May 26th
Ri
She does it again

Fairytales with a twist? Hell yes. Sign me up. Turn the Villian into the hero and the typical Hero into the bad guy? Even better. Dark instead of sugary sweet? It is like a Festivus Miracle. My dark and greedy heart could hardly contain my glee. It was as if someone had read my mind and realized that I didn't want the unicorn floating on cotton candy clouds type of retelling but needed the darker side in order to make me happy. All my life I have been drawn to the da
Alishba
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 OUT OF 5 STARS! ⭐😥

This book was well... confusing. I have mixed feelings about it. I liked it but at the same time I didn't. Venom is first book in the sinister fairytale collection! Its a dark take on the Peter Pan fairytale, where Peter is seen as the villain and Hook and Tinkerbelle also referred to as 'Tinksley' are the main leads. The book focuses on the story of these characters- mainly Tinksley's dark journey of being inlove with Pan then getting involved in a dark twist
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Okay. Okay. Alright. Now that my heart has stopped racing, I can tell you what I think of this book. Here's what I have to say: READ IT!! If you're a fan of the dark and twisted, of macabre delights, and of spine-tingling thrills, you NEED this book in your life!! Venom is a dark romance reimagining of the Neverland story we all grew up on and loved.

What I absolutely loved about this book was how far the author was willing to go to give us readers something unique and yet oddly familiar. We get the same characters wi
Renee
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Tinks: From the moment I beriended him, I set a conspiracy in motion. A revolution. Kill Peter Pan. And I was their ultimate weapon. I was also none the wiser, falling hopelessly and irrevocably in love with him as the years went by. Just as they hoped I would. But their plan comes to a screeching halt when Peter vanishes into thin air, something I'll learn has nothing to do with Rosewood
Lynn Reynolds
Rating: 4.5 Stars

The author is sweet and gives her readers a link to the Playlist that goes with this story. She goes one better by letting you know when you should be listening to a particular piece of music.

Just like a play, or movie, this story is told in Acts. A good way to decide on the best stopping point you would think but I found it difficult because of the addictive factor. She also puts a spin on this fairy tale by adding in a paranormal twist.

Calla
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Venom by Dee Garcia was twisted , dark and depraved. It was angsty , thrilling and exciting from the first page to the last words. And it broke the boundaries and limits of the classic fairy tale beyond my wildest imagination. With my bruised jaw from hitting the floor way too many times, pounding heart and disbelieving eyes ; I recommend this book one hundred percent.

Ok. Let me start with the confession that I do not read fantasy or paranormal romance. But when the Sinister Fairytales Collecti
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
I am in awe of Venom. Dee Garcia took a genre that I’m not normally reading many books in, flipped it, and made me a believer of PNR. I saw the teasers, I saw the blurb, and I was ‘hook’ed. I HAD to read not only Venom, but I need to read the whole sinister series.

I love dark, taboo, angst, drama, romance, and the fairy dust sprinkling of emotions that had me from happy, to sad, outraged, to plan ‘ole shock. Needless to say, I was shook after reading Venom. I, seriously, was addicted to this story and h
Amy March (Between the Screens)
A wickedly clever retelling of one of the best fairy-tales out there. Dee Garcia manages to deliver a smoldering story decorated in deviance and pulsating with passion. It’s dark, it’s gritty, it’s romantic and beautiful. It’s also remarkably original and outside the box, especially given that it’s supposed to be a re-telling. You spend most of the book trying to piece together the puzzle that is ‘Rosewood’ and it’s magical inhabitants. There are dozens of twists and turns and it all skillfully ...more
Simply Honest
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC KINDLY PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

Ok, so I a day to think about this review before I posted anything.

Dee is a new author for me, I discovered her this year and my first book by her was Volatile Obsession, which I loved!

Im obsessed with dark romance and fairytales so the idea of this sinister collection was and still is so exciting to me.

What I loved?

HOOK. He was swooning in a very creepy way lol. I love how he seemed so bad and evil to most but while reading his POV I also found him k
Jolanda Gelissen
What a start to this dark fairytales series! I was immediately sucked into the realm of Rosewood, where Peter Pan is not a young boy, but an immortal 20-something guy, and Tink isn’t a tiny fairy, but a Fae/Fairy halfling, madly in love with Peter against everyone’s advice and judgement.

I must admit, I’m mostly familiar with the Disney version, so this dark and twisted retelling is up a very different alley. But hey, throw in some vampires, witches, and other supernatural beings, and
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
The Sinister Collection – fairy tales with a twist. That alone is enough to have me giddy and excitedly jumping up and down and clapping hands in total glee. Description too much? Well, no. Because it’s the effin’ truth!! We are right now binge watching Once upon a time, so my infatuation with fairy tales is REAL! Add to that that I’ve been swooning over a certain Captain Hook before even starting the series (sorry, I have a thing for leather and guyliner, LOL) and … yeah, I was pretty much a go ...more
Gsmitty
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my giddy aunt, but this first book in the Sinister Fairy Tale Collection blew my mind! It’s my first Dee Garcia book, but let me tell you, I am definitely intrigued to go and read more by her!
This story had it all, and it being the first of many in a series is simply music to my ears! Fairy tale? Check. Dark and twisted fairy tale? Check and check. Fascinating take on a villain? Check. Vampires? Check. Honestly, everything worked for me in this story!
A tumultuous journey, the powe
Jessica Roessler
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out of all the fairy tales that I had read as a child, Peter Pan was never one that fully stood out to me. I'm not sure as to that exact reason, and it wasn't that I didn't like the story, it was just that I rarely had my focus on the story. I dedicated my time to many other stories, and for some reason Peter Pan was never the top one on my list.

But, Dee Garcia has done a wonderful job of turning that around for me.
I loved Venom. I loved Tinksley &Hook's story. I have to say, it
TheSassyNerdBlog
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Growing up I was never a fan of Peter Pan or much to do with fairy tales if I am honest. I guess in my earlier years sure but anything I can remember I never took the time to really get into them as a child or adult.
But when I first sure this series and what it was gonna hold, I was pretty excited and curious... A bunch of my favorite authors and spin on different fairy tales? Well, I was not disappointed and it definitely not what I expected...

Venom is a retelling of Peter Pan and holy shit...

Venom is a retelling of Peter Pan and holy shit...

What did I just read?
I am impressed, I had a feeling this could go either way. I'd love it or I'd hate it, and I loved it. It held everything I look for in a romance. Darkness, angsty, chemistry and sexual tension that is enough to drive me crazy, add in a few twists and turns and I am sold and from page one I was, I couldn't put it down. It's Peter Pan but with a major twist that I didn't see coming. Tinksley.. aka Tinkabell was a character I struggled with... she was naive... and at first I just couldn't connect with her, but by the end, I could see what why the author wrote her the way she did, and to read it as it all fell into place... I became obsessed and completely smitten with Tinksley, I was in awe of her. Everything she went through, it's made her stronger than most and The Hook? Well, Jesus... My ovaries are now nonexistent... So thank you for that. I love a dark hero, well anti-hero I should say. and I loved everything about The Hook. He was messed up and fit just perfectly into this... I couldn't have written this any better.

It was truly amazing and I can't wait to see what these other authors have in store, because if the rest is as half as good as this book, then they'll be freaking brilliant!

5 Stars!
Joyffree
Oct 14, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc-tbr
This is a part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection -
Each is a dark retelling of once treasured fairy tales
Each is standalone though they interconnect to an overall story line

Neverland Re-imagined

Garcia sets the stage for the first release in what is a heart-pounding twisted variation of one my childhood favorites

Our sweet little Tink is crushing on Peter ... as it should be.
But her parentage is a bit more corrupted? Dare I say?
In the
Gwen Shafer
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is quite the fairy tale. A book that will grip you from the very beginning, hook you with each page until the very end. If you love fairy tales you will want to read this one. It will be one you never saw coming.
This one a retelling of the famous Neverland story. Dee twists this one up and has you hooked wanting more. You will never see the story of Hook, Tink and Pan the same after reading this version. Dee turns everything completely around and has you turning page after page wantin
Kahea
***5 ‘The Heart Sings Under Such Proclamations’ Stars***

I signed up for this baby absolutely blind.
I didn’t know which fairy tale the author was going to tackle, hell I had never even read anything by the author before, but simply knowing that a couple of my fav authors were going to be apart of this collection, I made the jump and I really, REALLY loved this baby.
I loved how the world of Peter Pan was re-imagined as well as the various twists that were made to some of the mainstay charact
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jess~

What a deliciously dark and twisted retelling.

You have these characters that you know; Tink, Captain Hook, Peter Pan. You have places you might remember and little bits of the old story added in for good measure. But then you have the truly new, very adult and dark version making it a unique retelling and creating the beginnings of this world that will unfold over the next number of months. Ms. Garcia breathed new life into these characters and created something comp
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Oh Captain My Captain! I loved this story tale retelling! It’s was deliciously dark and twisted! Venom is part of The Sinister Fairytales Collection. You will be begging to enter into Rosewood with these dark and enchanting characters!...and so some of that Venom (cough cough).. I really don’t want to give anything away! This retelling is the best I have read! Garcia has created something so alluring you will be dying for more! I know I am! I wasn’t prepared for the twists and turns this book to ...more
Erin Figueiredo
PHENOMENAL DARK RETELLING!!!

DAMN!!! This is an amazing dark retelling of Tinkerbell, Peter Pan and Captain Hook!! This is not your regular fairy-tale story. This one is full of darkness, mystery, sex and death. There is no boundary this author won't cross - her imagination is endless. This story will take you on a very intense rollercoaster ride. It will sink its hooks into you and won't let you go. You will be thinking about this one long after you finish it. It is that amazing! ...more
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Forgive me,please. It was the only way...”

Enter a new reality where everything you thought you knew about your beloved fairy tale characters is given a darker, more deviant slant. To begin us on the journey we meet a vampiric Captain Hook, a halfling Tink and of course Pan. Secrets and lies bind them together as the pieces move across the board but when the expected happens can the game still be won?

The first book in the series does a lot of world building, introductions to the mag
Breen Rdz
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Who doesn’t love fairytales? More precisely whom as a kid didn’t fall in love with Peter Pan? Since the very first moment I read the blurb I was dying to read this book! Peter Pan as the bad guy, Hook as a romantic guy and a new version of Tink plus with a dark side!!!! Of course I wanted to read and OMG what a magnificent story I’ve just read. Literally I’ve just finished it. My mind is still processing the awesomeness of this storyline.

Venom is part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection. Pu
Nicole
Oh man, this book was fantastic from start to finish! This was my first time reading Dee Garcia, and I love the way she tells a story. I gotta say this definitely isn't the Peter Pan we all grew up reading and enjoying. While this is part of the Sinister Fairy Tales collection, I wasn't sure if this would be considered a dark story, until I got close to the end of Act 2, when secrets and truths were revealed and oh man, the secrets that were let loose caught me totally off guard. Starting with t ...more
N.M. Black
WOW!! Where do I begin...

First things first, and I know it's been said before, but you are not in Neverland anymore so don't expect some warm fairy tale, because this is not that story.

Tinker Bell has always been my favourite growing up, and Pan, the lost boys and Wendy were always the main attraction, so when I knew this was a story about Tinker Bell I was beyond thrilled. And I was not disappointed. Dee wove an intricate web of lives that we all know everything about, until now. I
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Dee Garcia is a voracious fan of romance novels and a long time lover of the written word. Her mission is to craft unique, compelling stories that will give her readers a place to briefly escape the trials and tribulations of everyday reality. With headstrong heroine's who don't need a man to stand on their own two feet, Dee hopes to leave her mark in the Indie world, one plot twist at a time.

Sinister Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Cold Queen