Start by marking “Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)” as Want to Read:
Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)

Venom

(Rosewood Realm #1)

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection!

-Tinks-
From the moment I befriended him, I set a conspiracy in motion.
A revolution.
Kill Peter Pan.
And I was their ultimate weapon.
I was also none the wiser, falling hopelessly and irrevocably in love with him as the years went by.
Just as they hoped I would.
But their plan comes to a screeching halt when Peter
Published October 15th 2019

Start your review of Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
venom

I love fantasy and paranormal books - but I haven't read a good book in a very long time ... ❤
Boy, after I finished the prologue, I was *sure* I found a winner!!!! 💪🎉

📚 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨’𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭:
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐭.
𝐃𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐩.
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭. 📚

The hero in the story is Callan, Captain Hook (yeah yeah, we all know him! Or, do we...? 😬). Although I raised an eyebrow at the beginning, it reminded me of the TV series "Once Upon a Time" and each
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
I love fairytale retellings, and I love dark and twisted books, so this one seemed to be right up my alley. And...I LOVED IT. Two days and two different books that get 5 Stars from me. Maybe the book funk I've been in is ending?? Anyway, as I said, I loved this book. It was well written. Original. Well paced. The plot was engaging. Dark. Twisted (that twist...shocking). Not safe (for those of you wondering). The sex was hot (although very slow burn with Tink and Hook). Great world building. Gre
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Okay. Okay. Alright. Now that my heart has stopped racing, I can tell you what I think of this book. Here's what I have to say: READ IT!! If you're a fan of the dark and twisted, of macabre delights, and of spine-tingling thrills, you NEED this book in your life!! Venom is a dark romance reimagining of the Neverland story we all grew up on and loved.

What I absolutely loved about this book was how far the author was willing to go to give us readers something unique and yet oddly familiar.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
48162789-1.jpg

Right, I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this when I first started considering it had quite a few of my no-no's in it, but this one crept up and caught me unawares and I really enjoyed and appreciated the individuality of the story.
So first off this is a darkish retelling of a fairy tale based on and around the whole hook, Peter Pan and Tink fairytale.
I do love me a retelling and this one is one of my favourites to date.
So this is certainly not the Disney Take this one is so much darker
K. Webster
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hook me, baby! Dannnng, this book (excuse the pun) hooked me right from the get-go. I was in love with the devilishly handsome and villainous Captain Hook the moment I met him in the story! He's so intense and focused on his infatuation...Tinksley. She's a spitfire and just the kind of woman/fae/troublemaker Hook needs! This story was a fascinating retelling of Peter Pan, but a million times better! I loved the darkness and intrigue!! And the heat/romance was spot on...never missing a beat! I de ...more
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a dark retelling of the Peter Pan fairytale with a twist.
I don't read a lot of fantasy books but I have to say this book was so addicting.
The painfully slow burn near killed me as the anticipation built with every turn of the page. Hook and Tinksley & Pan are all uniquely different from the original story, there was so much I did not see coming.
Creative, imaginative and so cleverly written. this twisted fairytale has set the bar very high for the remainder of the Sinister Fairytale Se
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Oh, Callan!!!!" stars***

“Can I keep you, Tinksley? As my finest treasure?”

I'm impressed!!! I'm really impressed!!!
It's a common secret that i love fairytales and that i used to read and love lots of fantasy and paranormal stories...
This story is a retelling of Peter Pan, but it was approached in a very different light than the original story!!! And with so much paranormal and fantasy touches in it!!!

"She’s purity and light, I’m maleficence and darkness."

I just have to warn y
Birjis
Nicole Patterson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an adult fairy tale. About Tink, Peter and Hook. Such a different story then I'm used too. I absolutely loved it. It was hot and steamy. My heart hurt for Tinksley. I loved Callan. Such great characters and great writing.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Welllllll this didn't turn out the way I expected, one would think that in a book that's basically a fairy tale where the villain is the one we're supposedly rooting for there'd be no place for relationship drama but somehow this author managed it.... I read Cold Queen first and immediately started the series because I enjoyed that one..big mistake!!!! Huge!!!!!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

OMG, this is a retelling that I didn't know that I needed!! I knew going into the book that it would be part of a series of standalone books. This story kicks off the intrigue into the sinister fairytales collection by introducing us to a very different Peter Pan, Hook, Tinkerly (Tinkerbell), and Ravenwood. As many know Tinkerly is a fairy but how things change if she was a fae? This that story! Get ready for a super crazy ride of twists and turns to a beloved fairytale. T
Miftahul
Jul 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dnf at 70%

Spoilers alert !!!

Okay so the first time i read this book, i dnf it at 30% but then i thought i should give it another try cuz ofc Captain Hook is bae. But i had to dnf this one, i just couldnt continue because for one annoying heorine who is Tinker Fucking Bell. Tbh i always hated Tinker Bell, in the movies, the books, she is annoying as hell and this book proved that she can cross all level of “annoyingness”. Captain hook deserves so much better than tinker bell, this is seriously th
Natalia
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Apart from the names and location of the story has nothing to do with the fairytale...

With that in mind the story is surprising, its dark because if the fucked up things that happened. The sex is quite safe and rather "normal"

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jess~

What a deliciously dark and twisted retelling.

You have these characters that you know; Tink, Captain Hook, Peter Pan. You have places you might remember and little bits of the old story added in for good measure. But then you have the truly new, very adult and dark version making it a unique retelling and creating the beginnings of this world that will unfold over the next number of months. Ms. Garcia breathed new life into these characters and created something completely new.

Tinksley is p
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Mirjam

Oh my my, where are you, sweet Tinkerbell?
Do not expect anything sweet, Tinksley Bell is deliciously vile.

This retelling of the Peter Pan fairy tale is waaaayyy better, the twist just awesome. I do think the author did a stellar job bringing this classic tale to life with a villain who became the hero and the sweet hero becoming the villain.

While Hook & Tinker's story is a slow build, their ultimate sex if OFF-THE-CHART!!
I do not want to get into too much, just saying this is a must read!

T
SWEETY
Jan 23, 2020 marked it as dnf
Recommends it for: NOBODY
    NOT SAFE! NOT SAFE! NOT SAFE! NOT SAFE!

This has been a wonderful, breathtaking, exhilarating horrifying experience.
description

The following are content people may find difficult to read, some of which I picked up from other reviews since this was DNF for me; (basically unsafe material)
(view spoiler)
Oh and Major warning ⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
(view spoiler)

Venom is
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
I was totally hooked on Hook 🙃
Bad jokes aside...
This is the first retelling in a series of sinister tales and I enjoyed every minute of it!
I’m not usually a fan of PNR but I like twisted retelling and anti heroes.
So I really enjoyed this alternative story
I’m anticipating what will come next and I hope the innocent and unaware won’t pay for the faults of others, yup I’m still a softie and I believe those not a fault should not pay for the mistakes of others. I can’t say names as I don’t want to
Skylar
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uh... WTF. This book was fucking crazy. I loved it, I hated, overall it was disturbing and dark. Dark, I expected. Disturbing, not to the level that Garcia went.
This interesting take on Peter Pan has Fae, vampires, sirens, witches, and fairies. It's divided into three acts; which makes the relationship between Tinksley and Peter in act one easier to read...I hate flashbacks. Act two is the building of Hook and Tinksley's relationship and act three is the conclusion. I loved Hook and Tinksley to
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
This is a twisty, full of mystery, intrigue and lust retelling of Peter Pan. The good guys are no longer good whilst the bad guys are definitely dangerous.

I loved this tale of Tinksley and Callan/Hook, which is surprisingly slow burn but still manages to feel very hot and steamy too. There are some dark elements and some moments of deep despair and bitter betrayal. By getting both Hook and Tinksley's first person point of view, I found it easy to understand and forgive - particularly Hook with h
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I am totally HOOKed on the Rosewood world—Dee Garcia hooked me right from the start, and I'm gonna be honest here, I wasn't expecting to get so involved in the story, as I did, but Dee's words were so addictive and then that twist at the end, girl, you killed it.

I really enjoy when authors decide to write very faithful retellings, but when they add their own dark twisted ideas and still managed to make clever references to the original story, I just LOVE IT.

The only but and the reason I'm not
Julie's Book Land Reviews
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arcs
This is Dee Garcia's best work to date. She makes Hook and Tinksley as if they're real people who feel desire for one another with no bounds given their differences. Throughout this book I laughed and felt so many emotions that its not even funny. I highly recommend this to everyone who loves their fairytales dark and sinister then this is for you.
We Like them Dark Book Blog
“Can I keep you, Tinksley? As my finest treasure?”

Seriously can I keep this couple forever because honestly they’re one of my favorite, EVER. This is absolutely a top read for the year for me-I’ve never really been so captivated, so utterly intrigued by a storyline before. I’m so appreciative that this author put one of the most unique, creative, and intelligent spins on a fairytale as old as time.
Tinksley was seriously put through the emotional ringer-but through it all she stayed true to thi
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
I absolutely love fairytale stories so when I saw this I couldn’t resist reading it. I wasn’t disappointed as Venom was a fantastic read.

No spoilers here. Jump in and read this amazing story. I sucked this story up in two sittings (had to feed the family so they’d leave me alone lol ).

This author turned everything completely around in what I thought of Peter Pan. She blew my expectations out of the water. Venom is definitely my favourite of this authors so far. Can’t wait to see what she writes
Reckless Readers
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the adults dirty disney version of Hook, it is dark and twisted and in no way disappointing. Hook isn't a common retelling, Dee did this story justice! I loved how in depth Dee went with the characters, not just the hero and heroine. This book captivated me from the very beginning! I cannot wait to see what else comes from this collection if the first book was anything to go by!

***Reviewed by Codie***
Storiesandcoffee
Oct 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is disturbing and laced with triggers. IT IS NOT SAFE AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Wow! When this series was announced, there was very little of each novel detailed. With this book, I didn’t even know anything about what the story entailed until i began reading. This allowed me to go in completely blind; which enhanced my reading experience.

VENOM is a retelling of the Peter Pan tale and was thoroughly addictive, intriguing and utterly fascinating!!! The PNR aspect of it all was EVERYTHING! The many factions of the fae world was exhilarating.

The chemistry between Hook and Tink
bookreaderinluv
Hazel Grace
Delving into the world of Peter Pan, you think of the Lost Boys, Wendy Darling, the infamous Hook, and the pretty, while sassy pixie Tinker Bell.
Erase everything in your mind that you know about Neverland because like Dee Garcia says in many of her teasers—it doesn’t exist.
Welcome to Rosewood where you’re not ready. YOU. ARE. NOT. READY. Dee Garcia takes you into a new world with twists, turns, things that are going to make your eyes widen and say to yourself “What. The. F*ck. Just. Happened.”

• Sacrifice
  • Lock
  • Heart Thief
  • Mirage
  • Imprisoned
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • The Hunted
  • Zhànzhì: A Dark Retelling
  • Starlet
  • Abducted
  • The Lonely Orphan (Lost Planet #5)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Dr. Dan

Dee Garcia is a voracious fan of romance novels and a long time lover of the written word. Her mission is to craft unique, compelling stories that will give her readers a place to briefly escape the trials and tribulations of everyday reality. With headstrong heroine's who don't need a man to stand on their own two feet, Dee hopes to leave her mark in the Indie world, one plot twist at a time.

Rosewood Realm (2 books)