Start by marking “Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice

Sacrifice

(Ryze #3.5)

Releasing as part of the 2019 Sinister Fairy Tales Collection and part of the Dark Paranormal Ryze Series, but can be read as a Standalone!

Megara

We all know the story.
How it ended.
He survived and conquered each task.
Became the hero of all heroes.
And in the end he became a legend.
What no one told you is that I was there. I was helping him . . . and when he asce
Published November 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Start your review of Sacrifice
Kat Valentine
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
N.Isabella Blanco's Ryze series is fabulous and this newest book is not only dark and brutal,but beautifully written with soul crushing moments!!! The characters Herakles God of power and Megara one of Hades personal assassins are so beautifully flawed and though both have lived their own hell's for thousands of years theirs a strength in both that comes from knowing pain and suffering beyond what most people have endured. Kles had a choice long ago and he has had to live with his betrayal to me ...more
Kat Valentine
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hell hath no fury like a woman !!

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description 3.5 Stars

This was my least favorite book of the series so far. Chalk that up to a personal preference thing. I usually like books about Gods and Goddesses, but this one had a somewhat sci-fi(ish) feeling to it I didn't find appealing. I also didn't care for the heroine (Meg) very much. She spent the entire book too bitter and angry, and it made her a very unlikable heroine.

However, the book itself is fantastically well written. Great world building. A well-developed plot. A plethora of side ch
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
The epic worldbuilding, the plot, the deliciousness of the characters, the emotions, the subplots, the machinations at work that come from Blanco's beautifully twisted mind wove a story together that completely blew me away!! I've always loved Greek mythology and I'm very familiar with the story of Herakles and the contradicting factoids that have inspired so much of our literature and movies, so I was more than a little bit excited to see this author's take on such a legend. She not only br ...more
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Dark and sinister fairytale of Herakles and Megara. A clever twist on Hercules God of
I am not typically into Fantasy or mythology novels but the author did a great job of spinning this story into a entertaining and sexy read.

Sacrifice is a story of vengeance, passion, love and second chances. Some of the content was a little confusing at times and I struggled to like Meg, she was too over the top and bossy for me.
Overall I really enjoyed this retake and look forward to more in this series.
K. Webster
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This story hooked me right from the start and didn't let go until I was dropped onto the last page. I was mesmerized by N. Isabelle Blanco's beautiful storytelling. Every single word was pure poetry. I wanted to drink it all up and get drunk from it. Her writing style is one I look forward to devouring in the near future! This book had it all: epic love, tragedy, and a bit of dark horror. Each time we came to a new scene, Blanco magically created a mental picture in which I felt as though I ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is my first book by this author, and I sure as shit was not expecting what I got.
I am loving this series so far... authors and the retellings and I loved this one. Ar first, I struggled but it wasn't long until I was neck-deep in the plot and flipping pages to figure out where the author was going with this.

This is no fairytale,... It's dark and it's brutal and it had my mind reeling and my heart pounding hard.

This retelling is possibly the darkest, most intense one yet, and holy fucking
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Two thumbs way way up! Sacrifice was a dark and twisted retelling of a well-known tale. I have to say I loved it! let me start with Sacrifice it a double whammy! Not only is it part of The Sinister Fary Tales Collection but it is also 3.5 in Blanco's Ryze Series! Boom! It doesn't get better than this! This story is a standalone but If you are a fan of Greek Mythology. and Dark Paranormal Romance...Blanco is your ONE CLICK author! I'll come back to that. put a pin in it for now.

Sacrifice! Meg an
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Whilst this is nominally set in the author’s Ryze world, unlike those books it very much read as a stand alone story. It’s more greek mythology than true fairytale but this story is far too good to ever hold a tiny little detail like that against it. Especially since the world building allows even those pretty ignorant of greek mythology (that’s me by the way) to understand who is who and what their history is.

Talking of history, Meg and Kles have it in spades and it’s not the good type. Certain
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
The Sinister Fairy Tales collection is a series of fairy tales with a dark and sexy twist.

I grew up reading all the fairy tales and watching the Disney movies so to say I'm well versed in the fairy tale department would be an understatement. I have to say though, I only watched Hercules once and Greek Mythology never really interested me. But because I love the dark twist to these novels, so far, I decided to give this one a shot....and I've come to the conclusion.... I'm still not a Greek myth
SimplyƝì₭
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

This story hooked me after the first chapter! Absolutely a MUST READ. You will find yourself lost in the Greek love story of Kles and Meg. The tumultuous affair will bring you to your knees. Make sure you clear your calendar because you will want to read this in one setting.

This is my first read from Ms. Blanco. But I plan to look up her back log to see what other gems I am missing.

PP's Bookshelf
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
N Isabelle Blanco took the greek mythology legend of Herakles and Megara and then put insane twists in the story. And Sacrifice was born. It is the hedonistic, dark, primal and instinctual world that has been created by the author. This story was complicated with layers of tragedy, passion, action and suspense. I am simply awed by her writing.

I am not a paranaormal or fantasy lover. I usually feel disconnected from the characters and their feelings. But the epic story of Herakles and Megara grab
Kahea
***4 Stars***

When I signed up to review Sacrifice I had no clue what the book would be about, I just said yes to all of the collection because there were two authors I #fangirl participating in it and I’m always down with finding new authors to stal---follow *cough* So, when the synopsis was finally released I was all kinds of excited because I am a huge Greek mythology junkie and couldn’t wait to experience the darker side to the Herakles aka Hercules myth (especially since I had the chant
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

I have to say I did not read the first two books that go with this book, but I did not feel like I was missing anything. I read this book because it is part of the Sinister Fairytale Collection.

Sacrifice is all about the word. There is always something to sacrifice, and in this book that something is mostly love. Sacrifice is NOT a romantic love story where you will find happy ever after or two characters that are totally in love. Meg and Kles will fight, argue, almost kill each other, and stil
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Megara's love left her and became a god. What did Megara get? Tortured and changed. Into what?

Well, someone seeking revenge for one. And when Herakles appears in her life again, she's determined to have it, at any cost. But she doesn't just despise him and want vengeance. No, she loves him, too, and that love might be a problem for her.

I have to admit that I'm not exactly up on my mythology, so a lot of the backbone of this was beyond me. But I did see the basics of this dark retell
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~ Jess

This was the next book in the Sinister Fairy Tales. It is also part of Ms. Blanco's Ryze series. I have never read the Ryze series and while I felt like there was more on the outsides of this story, I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

This was less fairy-tale as it was a take on mythology with Gods and Goddesses. This is the story of Herakles and Megara. Herakles has believed for a long, long time that he made the wrong choice and left his Meg behind. He is about to find o
Nicole
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love through despair

This is my first book I’ve read from this particular author. It definitely it a dark retelling! Meg has so much anger towards Hercules and all she wants is to be the one to end him for good. Hercules has been searching for Meg for thousands of years never giving up on finding out where her soul ended up. Never in a million dreams did he think that she ended up in Hades’ underworld, and at the hands of his sister. When Hades commands Meg to kill Hercules, he is stunned to see
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
What an absolute fantastic addition to the Sinister Fairytale Collect Sacrifice is! Blanco did magic with this story!

I'm pretty sure not everyone could turn Herakles and Megara into the dark masterpiece that Blanco does. I mean she delivered a book that had me turning page after page needing more. I couldn't put down this twisted book until I hit the last word!

This book would not have been as good as it was if it were not for Blanco's ability to write. This book was so well written. I think Sacr
SCBookAddict
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sacrifice is the third of the Sinister Fairy Tale Collection as well as part of the author's Ryze series.
This is a second-chance romance featuring Herakles and Megara. Both have been tortured in their own way. One is now remorseful while the other is full of hatred.
Together they embark on this journey that is full of suspense and lots of twists and turns that made this story hard to put down. There were lots of mindf*cking going on for the characters as well as the reader.
This story is a dark
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

I am enjoying this series of standalone stories immensely! This is the third book of the sinister fairytales collection to be released and a new to me author. In this story, we receive a reimaging of the mythical relationship between Herakles/Hercules and Meg/Megara. Going in I knew the story that we received from the Disney animated movie and the vague retellings of Hercules from movies. I have never dug into the Greek mythology of the characters which could be why it took
Sandra
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Must Read

What can I say, this beautiful author never disappoints me. Her books are phenomenal  and this one is awesome.

Sacrifice is a story of the Greek legend Herakles & Megara with darkness and twists. You can feel the story's powerful emotions of  vengeance, love, and there is so much passion. Lastly a possible second chance between these two lovers.

A MUST READ
5 ☆☆☆☆☆
Mirjam
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read

While part of the Dark Paranormal Ryze Series each can be read as a standalone.
Blood Flows Deep (Ryze #1) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze Book 2) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Drenched Conquest by N. Isabelle Blanco Sacrifice A Dark Retelling (Ryze) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Born Darkness by N. Isabelle Blanco

While part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection each can be read as a stand-alone
Kathy West
Nov 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is defiantly my least favorite book of the series so far.

I gave the first two books 3 and 4 stars.

This one though, I just can’t.

Maybe it’s because this book is very science-fiction compared to the others.

Maybe it’s because of my own preferences.

But I just could not get into this book.

I did not like Meg the heroine. I could never connect with her.

I felt that Hercules was not as strong as he could have been.

I was confused a lot of the time.

I feel like there was a lot of information thrown int
Ri
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series gives me purpose.

The moment this baby dropped on my kindle I stopped what I was doing. The television was turned off, I logged out of all social media, ignored my son (he is an adult so don't think less of me), and just grabbed the bottle of wine and sat it down next to me so that I wouldn't have to get up because I KNEW that all real-world or things that needed me to adult would be out the window. I was right for having done this because this book is EVERYTHING.

I had the pleasure
Jessica Roessler
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sacrifice by N. Isabelle Blanco is the 3rd addition to the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection, and it is truly a great read!
I am quickly falling in love with this collection, and I am SO happy that I signed up to promote it. Because I keep getting these wonderful stories popping up on my Kindle 2x per month, and so far they have all been a freakin' treat!
Sacrifice was no exception!
I am going to do a very basic overview of Sacrifice within this review, because I feel like this one definitely needs t
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
This is my first time reading a book by this author. She has a very unique, strong, and descriptive writing style. Something I was happy about, because the whole Greek/Roman mythology thing, isn’t usually my type of read.

Sacrifice is a little different than Venom and Cold Queen. It’s a re-telling of Gods and Goddess’ storylines, not necessarily something I consider a fairytale, but that aside, it is a thorough and well written story.

Our leads are Meg and Herakles (Kles). These two have a compli
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been obsessed with this series since the first book. I love anything to do with mythology and I absolutely adore how Ms. Blanco blends old myth with something completely original. She breathes fresh life onto the tales of old.

Once again I'm swept up in this world but with Kles and Meg. Both have a sordid history with each other, yet both can't take away the feelings they once shared. Meg is strong, she has to be. She's lived through so many horrid and painful experiences. Yet now she is
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sacrifice by N Isabelle Blanco is the 3rd book in the Sinister Fairytales collection and was an insane twist on the legend of Herakles and Megara in Greek mythology. Without a doubt the darkest story in the series to date, this novel was detailed and very well written with so many twists and turns it will have your head spinning. The main characters Megara and Herakles were two complex, flawed characters, one intent on revenge and the other lost in longing and suffering. The author did a fabulou ...more
Sally Mieske
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sacrifice is the third book in the Sinister Fairytales Collection. This is my first book by this author and is very well written. This particular book is a dark retelling of Geek Mythology. I am not a Greek Mythology buff, so some parts of this story were hard to follow. That’s on ME.

Herakles and Megara are the main characters. They are flawed and complex, and well developed. One has been searching the mortals for thousands of years, the other is seeking revenge for what happened.

This book sta
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Insolent
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Siren
  • Madness
  • Legend
  • Cold Queen
  • Lock
  • Winter's Arrow (X-Clan, #2)
  • Heart Thief
  • Zhànzhì: A Dark Retelling
  • The Hunted
  • Conheartists
  • Lost Girl
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
N. Isabelle Blanco is the Amazon Bestselling Author of the Allure Series, the Need Series with K.I.Lynn, and many others. At the age of three, due to an odd fascination with studying her mother’s handwriting, she began to read and write. By the time she’d reached kindergarten, she had an extensive vocabulary and her obsession with words began to bleed into every aspect of her life.

That is, until

Ryze (4 books)
  • Blood Flows Deep (Ryze #1)
  • Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze, #2)
  • Blood Drenched Conquest