Start by marking “Cold Pressed (Seacroft, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold Pressed (Seacroft, #2)

Cold Pressed

(Seacroft #2)

No strings attached is all Oliver can offer. He's hiding a broken heart that holds him back from diving into a new relationship, but he'll go on a blind date to make his family happy. Just one date, though; he doesn't have time for love to derail his plans.

Divorced and demoted to the night shift, Nick has his own problems. He's got an ex-wife who needs him and a kid with o
Paperback, 1st edition, 250 pages
Published July 15th 2019 by Allison Temple Books

To ask other readers questions about Cold Pressed, please sign up.
Cadiva It would work as a standalone but you would be missing out a bit more on background for the town itself and the other relationships between people who…moreIt would work as a standalone but you would be missing out a bit more on background for the town itself and the other relationships between people who appear in this one.(less)

Christelle
Cold Pressed is a MM romance between Oliver, a wealthy ex-lawyer turned hipster and business owner of a juice shop, and Nick, an ex-firefighter and father of a troubled teenager. A contemporary romance, relationship-oriented, with two MCs in their 30s, one trying to have a positive attitude no matter what and the other more of the silent type. A kind of second chance, not between the MCs but at being in love again.

Meeting during a blind date, lust is there and they decide to go for “no string se
Ky
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, arc
*4.5 stars*

I think this was my very first book by this author and I can honestly say that it turned out to be a very good experience!

Oliver and Nick both needed a second chance at happiness and they were lucky enough to find each other.

Their relationship had an unconventional start with the two of them meeting over an argument for the first time and a few days later meeting again on a blind date.

Since both their lives were complicated and busy they agreed on a casual arrangement with no stri
Cadiva
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this one a much easier read than book one in this series because Nick and Oliver were both such utterly likeable characters with flaws and human frailties that didn't annoy me!

Now, don't get me wrong, book one is excellently written as well, the whole series has been quality, but Seb was a much harder character to me to root for whereas I just fell for these two guys who'd been a bit battered by life and were struggling with how to move forward.

I loved the way they started off with a no
Ele
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

What an unexpected little gem. I dismissed it at first because ex wife drama isn't my cuppa but it turned out to be more than ok. Anya (the ex wife) was a pretty good character and drama free.

Just don't expect to find perfect characters here because there is a lot of messing up. Nick is far from the perfect father example, Hayden (his son) brought all the teen drama (but managed to keep my attention and turned up being pretty serious) and Oliver just kept making career choices that l
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
This is a new to me author. I liked this one.

It didn't wow me, but I enjoyed it and nothing really annoyed me too much.

I would definitely consider reading more from this author.

Likable MCs, a good bit of steam, no annoying drama - all a plus!
Rachel Reid
I loved this. A very funny and sexy book with great characters and messy situations.
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

Cold Pressed the second book in the Seacroft Stories series. I read the first (Top Shelf) back in May, and I believe this is a good follow up. Nick and Oliver are an engaging couple, and their story flowed nicely from the first book. I enjoy stories that begin with the couple disliking each other, but finding themselves pushed together, and this one totally has this vibe. However, I find myself feeling a little disconnected with both Nick and Oliver. I mean…I get
Ash
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I loved the first book in this series, Top Shelf, and went into Oliver and Nick's story with super high expectations. Allison Temple has consistently been a 4-5 star read for me, so I was surprised when, at the beginning of this story, I just could not get into it. The first 40% or so of this book, Oliver and Nick are trying hard to stick to a no-strings rule. They recognize they have mad chemistry, so they plan to use each other for a little physical outlet and then go back to their li
Carol (bookish_notes)
It’s been awhile since I’ve finished reading a book all in one day but this did it!! I enjoyed this one even more than the first book and I adore firefighter dispatcher Nick and hipster Oliver. They didn’t start off on the right foot, and there were some bumps along the way, but they finally made it work.

This book made me tear up. Nick has his ex-wife, Anya, and his 15-year-old son, Hayden, living with him because Hayden is under house arrest. I feel bad for Hayden and just want to give him a h
Tolk
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I quite liked Nick and Oliver's story. The best part, in my eyes, was the budding relationship between Nick's son Hayden and Oliver, though. That actually had almost more potential than the one between Nick and Oliver.
Nice setting, nice story and nice to see Martin and Seb from the previous book again.
Wambui
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked how hopeless the characters are.
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This book manages to be funny, sweet, sad and frustrating all at the same time. This is the story of the unlikely connection between a hipster juice bar owner and a former firefighter. Aside from crazy hot chemistry, they don’t seem to have much in common until they are forced to let each other in and give an actual relationship a chance.

Yes. Oliver is just as poncey and pretentious as his business suggests. The former lawyer is
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series. I have to admit that I have not read book 1 yet, but could see that I would have understood a little more of Oliver's story if I had. I am also very curious about Martin and Seb's story! That said, I found this to be a well rounded story all on its own.

Nick is a really interesting character. Divorced from his wife, with a teenage son who is facing juvie if he doesn't calm his tempe
Veronica
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Nick is working night shift as an emergency dispatcher while living in the same house with his ex-wife. Their teenage son who has been in major trouble with the police also lives with them. Oliver is trying to get his small business off the ground. A business he was supposed to start with his ex who up and left him just as they were about to start a new business and life in Seacroft.

Nick and Oliver are set up on a blind date
Kaila
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
good.. interesting.. fast paced.. kept me guessing in some spots curious to see what was next.. good characters and the writing is as always amazing. very good
Roberta Blablanski
Cold Press is the second book of Allison Temple's Seacroft series. I adored the first book, Top Shelf, where Oliver, one of the MCs of Cold Press, is introduced. He's got some big life changes happening and we get more insight into his motivations. He's so damn optimistic and puts on a happy face no matter the curve balls that come his way. Nick is prickly at first, not caustic like Seb from Top Shelf, but more so because he shoulders a massive amount of responsibility and has put his life on ho ...more
Lelyana
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, mm

First, covergasm!
I was looking forward to read this book just for the cover inly. But then I met both MCs and I was hooked.
And there's a certain kid that stole my heart as well.
Full review soon!
Karolina Cebula
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Cold Pressed" can undoubtedly be included in a group of novels that in the blink of an eye conquered my heart with their emotional, moving story. What's more, the one presented by Allison Temple in this book easily touched my soul. Looking at this novel as a whole, we notice straightaway that it's not a simple and light story, however, it doesn't make the reader depressed. I think it is worth mentioning that the weight of the story shown in "Cold Pressed" comes mainly from the situations (both ...more
meep
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, bbj
Cold Pressed is the second book in the Seacroft series by Allison Temple. It is about a divorced man, Nick, who lives with his troubled son and ex-wife. After a work accident, he is a fire station dispatcher, rather than the fireman he trained to be. Oliver, new to town, is an ex-lawyer turned juice maker. Neither has had luck with love but after a rocky start involving a towing truck and an odd blind date, they get to know each other. What starts as a hook-up ends up as so much more.

I liked how
Megan
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 difficult reality stars.

Life has definitely dealt two raw deals to Oliver and Nick. But when one meet-cute turns into a meet-hate and a second chance through a blind date turns that into a meet-hot-against-a-brick-wall, you know we're in for a bit of a roller coaster. There are definite lows and a few highs that speak to their souls and give them glimpses into another side of themselves, one they fear, and they'll have to choose if they'll give up what they could have for something they may
Jenny Wood
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
First things first… I was skeptical coming into this one because I was not a fan of the first one in the series. I’d luckily forgotten most of it or I might’ve passed this one up. I’m so glad I didn’t!

In this one, we have Seb’s brother Oliver, remember him? It’s okay if you don’t, I didn’t in the beginning… he’s moved to Seacroft after his long-time partner left him high and dry after talking him into quitting his job to open a juice cleanse bar… it’s a lifestyle, really, but, it was hard to get
Kat E.
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second story in the Seacroft series by Ms. Temple. I read the first book and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I was hopeful the next tale would be as good. It turned out to be actually better. This was not a rushed insta-love but a slow yet sexy build-up for two men destined to be with each other.

Nick is now a dispatcher when a serious work-related injury prevented him from being a firefighter. He has been divorced for many years yet has an amicable relationship with his ex Anya. His son H
Carra
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A contemporary romance set in a small town, Cold Pressed has its main characters getting off to a not-so-auspicious start before getting another, unexpected chance. A chance reluctantly taken, but which ends up with Nick and Oliver embarking on a strictly casual, no-strings relationship for its physical benefits. But we all know what happens with those right? Right.

While the inevitable outcome might seem predictable, Nick and Oliver each have their own unique personal situations (which neither
N.L. Gassert
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was the cover of Allison Temple’s COLD PRESSED that caught my attention. Bearded, long-haired hipsters are my thing right now.

COLD PRESSED is book 2 in the new-to-me Seacroft Stories series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Oliver, the former lawyer, and Nick, the former firefighter, have a lot going on individually: one has a new career, one has old family troubles, both are recovering from past failed relationships. Since neither is quite ready for a new love, they settle for a no-strings-attac
Elle
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Allison Temple is a new author to me and I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised, what a good story! It made me feel lots of emotions—happiness, sadness, anger, — I liked it enough to download the previous book in the series.

The main character, Nick, seems uptight and nervy, but slowly and gradually you realise that he's not truly happy, and once you get into the book you discover why. I really felt for him.

His first meeting with the other MC, Oliver isn't great, and I must
Xanthe
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
**3.5**
After loving book one in this series, I was really looking forward to diving into Cold Pressed and Oliver's story but it just fell a little short for me.
Whilst there is an attraction between the two men, which you can especially feel when they are getting close, it took me a long time to believe there was anything between them and I got a little frustrated by how stuck both men seemed in their troubles for so long.
My heart went out to Nick and his family as they dealt with a hard situat
Linda Reads
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much drama…so much lust…so good…highly recommended for M/M romance readers
I am fortunate to be able to read a lot. Basically, I read at least 3 to 4 books a week. This was without doubt one of the best! Moreover, loved the cover and the book’s dedication…I volunteered to review an ARC provided by A Novel Take PR.
Nick was a former firefighter in his hometown of Seacroft until a tragic fire left him with a weak leg which prevented him from doing his job. He was put on the dispatch night shift.
Mrs.V
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an emotional story for me!
It always amuses me when the two MCs start seeing each other agreeing that they will have strictly no strings attached, casual hook-ups, without getting involved (yeah, it always works so well, NOT!). In this book they even have a code-word to block out real life and avoid talking about anything personal… until it’s too late.
The thing that got me most about this story was the take on the angry, difficult, one-foot-into-juvie teenage kid. And the fact that
Anabela.M.
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In theory, Oliver and Nick shouldn't work as a couple. They have starkly different upbringings and it surely looks like the odds that their differences would make a long-term relationship last are against them.

But,I was happy to discover that these two amazing men aren't that dissimilar after all,not deep down. Both have many uncertainties, fears and doubts, only Nick wears his emotions on his sleeves and Oliver is better at presenting a confident, cool facade. And what they really feel should
« previous 1 3 next »

Seacroft (3 books)
  • Top Shelf (Seacroft, #1)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)