Start by marking “Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)

Bad Boy

(Invertary #5)

A Bad Boy trying to be good, a Good Girl driven to be bad and a five year old who wants to rule the world...

Being good is so freaking hard. And boring. Flynn Boyle has only been doing it for a couple of hours and already he's had enough. For some reason everybody thinks he's out of control when all he's doing is living his life, having fun and trying to get over an in
Published (first published November 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boy

Start your review of Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
Miss Rail
Ex-football star and renowned bad boy recovering from a career-ending injury (Flynn) meets widowed single mom(Abby) with very precocious daughter (Kate the "terrorist" LOL) and due to circumstances tries to reform...and grow up.

Lots of silly/over the top stuff but if you "go with the flow" you'll probably enjoy this book as much as I did!

Flynn at some point got on my nerves but his interactions with little Kate made me smile throughout the story. He's a 29 years old CHILD.
Abby didn't s
Amanda
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice plot twist

A very good story with an unseen plot twist towards the end! It wrapped up a bit quickly for me but the epilogues are nice to get that hint of the future so when she tells her final story there is closure amongst them all
Sandra Bain
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dialogue is whitty, prose descriptive!! Makes for a great read!! Read and you'll have a smile on your face for days!! I ran into a pair of red tartan shoes yesterday and had a secret chuckle!!
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable romp in Invertary. I'm not usually a fan of single parent books since I really don't like young kids, but Katy is written as an adorable little hustler who will steal your heart. I don't think Flynn is ever really a 'bad boy' as much as he is a spoiled kid. He learns to grow up in the book and become comfortable in his own skin, which is nice. I liked Abby and the problems with her family were written well.
Leslie
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great series, great fun.
Pamela
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This completely captivating story set in the charming, picturesque Highland community of Invertary, Scotland was a delight to read. Flynn's life of debauchery and excess become a nightmare for his attractive and reserved widowed neighbor, Abby and Katy, her five year old daughter. Katy's devious scheming is hysterical and addictive as she quickly makes her presence known to a very immature and pleasure-seeking version of Flynn Boyle. It soon becomes clear that Flynn has just recently experienced ...more
Andrew Palmer
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny and sexy with surprising charm

In book 5 of this series, we have Abby, mother and widow raised in high society and Flynn, a man recovering from a career ending football (soccer) injury. Both characters had been introduced before this, Flynn only briefly. Abby had already been established as someone to root for, and with Flynn we get another man returning to hits roots in quirky Invertary.

At its surface, this is an opposites-attract romance, but throw in the threat of Abby losing her daughte
Corinne
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I'm in the mood to read something really funny, I grab one of Janet Elizabeth Henderson's books - especially if it takes place in Invertary.
In this 5th book I especially loved the quotes of dumb things footballers say at the beginning of each chapter. Such chapter beginnings often distract from the story, but not here.
Flynn is Abby's neighbor from hell. He also needs to grow up, as he's is also told by family and friends. Yet it is perhaps the child in him that helps him connect to the
Gail
Cute contemporary romance about a widow with a 5-year-old daughter and the retired soccer player who bought land from her next door, and not only has been partying and creating havoc at all hours, he's been exposing the daughter-- aka the terrorist-- to unsuitable influences. He's also being filmed by a reality TV show. So when she loses it and stalks over to rescue her daughter from the unsavory influences and complain again about the noise, and stabs the inflatable swimming pool to death with ...more
Lauri Tribbey
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, romantic and devilishly witty!

Abby is a widow with a precocious 5 year old daughter that will bust your chops at the drop of a hat. Flynn is a football player who had a career ending injury who moved in next door. The problem is Flynn's life style..partying, loud music and naked women prove to be to much for Abby the quiet conservative mom, so it's understandable when she snaps. Her melt happens to be caught on film and televised, which sets in motion events that could cost Abby her d
Karen
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story about a Bad Boh

Damn I love this woman's writing!
Abby, disowned by her well-to-do family years before, finds her new neighbour, Flynn, irritating beyond all levels of hell. What follows is an hilarious story, of terrorists, terrorism and downright terror...all from a five year old.
There's a twist in the story, but it's endearing, and just makes you fall in love with Invertary and it's inhabitants just a little bit more.
Great characters, unique situations and way too much being viewed b
RateTheRomance
Another great book in Janet Elizabeth Henderson's series set in Invertary, Scotland. This is such a fun romance with lots of laughs, smoldering heat, and stray animals!

Flynn is all at once charming, clueless, and spoiled. I love the character development here as he moves forward with life after football (soccer). His big heart peeks through his juvenile behavior and by the end of the book he is disarmingly sweet.

Abby was such a strong and smart female lead! I love her dedication to her daughter
Geraldine
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so thrilled I found this author and this series. It's fantastic. This installment had some very emotional moments that brought a tear to my eye and then there was the balance of the book which made me chuckle and laugh out loud a lot. Flynn calling the Katy a terrorist got a smile from me every time. The book is so engaging you don't want to put it down. I've got two books left in the series and I'm already feeling sad that it's coming to an end as I love Invertary and all it's quirky loving ...more
Charlene
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious Fun and crazy Good Love

I absolutely loved this book!!! Ms. Henderson has written a story filled with memorable characters and a great plotline that make you wish you could follow this group through the years. The dialogue between the male lead, Flynn, and Katy, a five year old with her own ideas and the negotiating skills of a true pro, are fabulous! And, let's not forget the very steamy love scenes. Plus, a bombshell of a surprise. All told, I will be reading more of this series!
Jodie Lauren
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby has been trying to hold onto everything after her husband died, leaving her a single mother and the collapse of her business after the mine fell. When she sold land to Flynn she did so because she needed the Money but the excessive parties and noise were too much. Flynn didn’t know what to do after his football career ended but there had to be more than this. When Abby’s mother appears and tries to take her daughter Katy away because of the influence of Flynn he knows he needs to step up!

Xx
Kathyesf
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! It is always so much fun. This author has a way of just letting the characters be real enough to market you want to be their friend. This one was not different. I also love when the story includes a smart mouthy child that says some really off the wall things that make you want to chuckle Great her ion in this book and I appreciate that we get to see a strong woman who is not afraid to be alone and stand up for herself and her child and not back down from anyone! Love love love ...more
Victoria Sturlini
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT STORY!!!😊

What a great treat this book was! It was so charming, sweet, sexy and heartwarming. Loved Flynn and Abby but my heart really belonged to Katy!!! I laughed at her comments and life observations and couldn't wait to read what she was going to come up with next! I always love how the family and the friends come through with their affection and support through any type of situation. I highly recommend this book... I'd give it 10 stars if I could. It was a really satisfying, uplift
Pelusa Rivera
This was funny. Loved Abby, the pool scene was hilarious. Finn definitely needed someone to knock him out. Eventually he did realize his stupidity affected others, and the romance of him and Abby was sweet. Abby's family was a nightmare. Finn's family was the best, he is related to the Matt, Heather, the Donaldson twins, and they told him what needed to be done. Abby's daughter was so cute, and no joke.
Jennifer Johnson
Such an amazing read!

I don't think I will ever get enough of Janet Elizabeth Henderson 's Invertary series. The books are so amazing funny, with great stories. I have yet read any of her books and not loved them. I have already reread several of Janet's books and will continue to reread them because I get such a great laugh each time. I highly recommend any and all of her books. You won't be disappointed.
Kim Humphrey
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny!

Really enjoyed this book. Love this author's sense of humor. I was worried from the title that this book would be full of profanity and sex every other page. I was pleasantly surprised that this book, unlike so many contemporary romances these days, relied on content instead. Lots of humor, great characters, a bad boy hero with a soft heart, and a heroine who really deserves a happy ending. And chemistry that sizzles. This book made my day! Well worth your time.
Robin
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So funny!

I love this series! This just might be my favorite story.
Yes, it's a romance but the show stealer is a 5 year old (terrorist) little girl !
I read the dialogue between her and Flynn to my husband and we were both cracking up. If you love the highlands, Hot Scotts, sweet romance with a hefty side of humor you must pick up a copy of Bad Boy. You wont be disappointed.
Happy Reading 2020 :)
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Can't stop reading it til the end.

This story gives you everything you need. Romance, action,comedy and even drama. Abby's character makes your want to admire, protect and be in her corner. Flynn is an epitome of fun, enjoyment, relaxation and confidence. Finding each other is so natural for them. They're a perfect combination.
April Neal
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top-notch yet again

Another amazing story with lots of fantastic characters that you just fall in love with. Follow their story and laugh along the way. Such a wonderful creative comedic love story, and personally, I love the addition of all the animals, it brought such depth to Flynn.
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest, laugh out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. It is the fifth in a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
Linda Deutmeyer
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Badboy Reforms

What does one do when their sports career end due to an injury.? Handsome Flynn with a special love for injured animals is railroaded by a 5 year old and a team of freeloaders that want what his fame can get for them. See how a band of people who have had tradegiess in their lives get 2nd chances to find happy lives in this hilarious comedy.
B.E.
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the best romance I've read in months. Super sweet with laugh-out-loud funny bits and spicy bits and heart-tugging bits. I loved Abby, and Flynn as the hero in reform from his bad-boy status turned out to be perfect for her. I especially loved Katy. What a great ending, too! Brilliant all the way around.
Ellen Hedden
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Fun,

I read a lot. A real lot but this story, these characters and this author will not be forgotten. Flynn is a true “bad boy” and Abby tries so hard to keep her cool but it’s total sparks whenever they interact. Add in a precious 5 year old and you will be hooked. This book is funny, sweet and a cannot put down favorite.
Barbara Strickland
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read

Sometimes suspending disbelief is easy. This was fun, romantic, ridiculous and absolutely charming, and it flowed so beautifully, so easily from one page to another.
The characters had warmth and I think that is a key factor in really good reading. I will be following this author.
Lori
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Any scene between Flynn and Katy was hysterical! How Abby survived them, I'll never know. I loved the intensity between Abby and Flynn. He genuinely cared for her and they both got to see the real person inside. Throw in his mischievous mouth, big heart, and a family who tries to keep him in check, the story becomes wonderful. I want more of these characters.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Secret Ingredient
  • The Thing About Trouble (Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Shutdown Player (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #7)
  • Murphy's Law
  • Her Snowbound Hero (Tennessee Tulanes #1)
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Heartache in Heels (Love Ever After #1)
  • The Last Single Girl (Brew Ha Ha, #1)
  • Mistletoe Kisses (Northstar Holidays, #1)
  • Anti Hero
  • Third Chances
  • Tap'd Out (Dead Presidents MC, #5)
  • A Kiss in the Shadows (Lost Coast Harbor, #2)
  • One Last Objection (Oak Grove, #4)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • All I Want Is A Kiss
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Bay of Islands Brides (3-in-1 Collection)
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about ...more

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)