Start by marking “Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)

Bad Boy

(Invertary #5)

A Bad Boy trying to be good, a Good Girl driven to be bad and a five year old who wants to rule the world...

Being good is so freaking hard. And boring. Flynn Boyle has only been doing it for a couple of hours and already he's had enough. For some reason everybody thinks he's out of control when all he's doing is living his life, having fun and trying to get over an inju
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boy

Miss Rail
Ex-football star and renowned bad boy recovering from a career-ending injury (Flynn) meets widowed single mom(Abby) with very precocious daughter (Kate the "terrorist" LOL) and due to circumstances tries to reform...and grow up.

Lots of silly/over the top stuff but if you "go with the flow" you'll probably enjoy this book as much as I did!

Flynn at some point got on my nerves but his interactions with little Kate made me smile throughout the story. He's a 29 years old CHILD.
Abby didn't s
Amanda
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice plot twist

A very good story with an unseen plot twist towards the end! It wrapped up a bit quickly for me but the epilogues are nice to get that hint of the future so when she tells her final story there is closure amongst them all
Sandra Bain
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dialogue is whitty, prose descriptive!! Makes for a great read!! Read and you'll have a smile on your face for days!! I ran into a pair of red tartan shoes yesterday and had a secret chuckle!!
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable romp in Invertary. I'm not usually a fan of single parent books since I really don't like young kids, but Katy is written as an adorable little hustler who will steal your heart. I don't think Flynn is ever really a 'bad boy' as much as he is a spoiled kid. He learns to grow up in the book and become comfortable in his own skin, which is nice. I liked Abby and the problems with her family were written well.
Leslie
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great series, great fun.
Corinne
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I'm in the mood to read something really funny, I grab one of Janet Elizabeth Henderson's books - especially if it takes place in Invertary.
In this 5th book I especially loved the quotes of dumb things footballers say at the beginning of each chapter. Such chapter beginnings often distract from the story, but not here.
Flynn is Abby's neighbor from hell. He also needs to grow up, as he's is also told by family and friends. Yet it is perhaps the child in him that helps him connect to the
Lauri Tribbey
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, romantic and devilishly witty!

Abby is a widow with a precocious 5 year old daughter that will bust your chops at the drop of a hat. Flynn is a football player who had a career ending injury who moved in next door. The problem is Flynn's life style..partying, loud music and naked women prove to be to much for Abby the quiet conservative mom, so it's understandable when she snaps. Her melt happens to be caught on film and televised, which sets in motion events that could cost Abby her d
Geraldine
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so thrilled I found this author and this series. It's fantastic. This installment had some very emotional moments that brought a tear to my eye and then there was the balance of the book which made me chuckle and laugh out loud a lot. Flynn calling the Katy a terrorist got a smile from me every time. The book is so engaging you don't want to put it down. I've got two books left in the series and I'm already feeling sad that it's coming to an end as I love Invertary and all it's quirky loving ...more
Charlene
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious Fun and crazy Good Love

I absolutely loved this book!!! Ms. Henderson has written a story filled with memorable characters and a great plotline that make you wish you could follow this group through the years. The dialogue between the male lead, Flynn, and Katy, a five year old with her own ideas and the negotiating skills of a true pro, are fabulous! And, let's not forget the very steamy love scenes. Plus, a bombshell of a surprise. All told, I will be reading more of this series!
Pelusa Rivera
This was funny. Loved Abby, the pool scene was hilarious. Finn definitely needed someone to knock him out. Eventually he did realize his stupidity affected others, and the romance of him and Abby was sweet. Abby's family was a nightmare. Finn's family was the best, he is related to the Matt, Heather, the Donaldson twins, and they told him what needed to be done. Abby's daughter was so cute, and no joke.
Jennifer Johnson
Such an amazing read!

I don't think I will ever get enough of Janet Elizabeth Henderson 's Invertary series. The books are so amazing funny, with great stories. I have yet read any of her books and not loved them. I have already reread several of Janet's books and will continue to reread them because I get such a great laugh each time. I highly recommend any and all of her books. You won't be disappointed.
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest, laugh out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. It is the fifth in a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
April Neal
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top-notch yet again

Another amazing story with lots of fantastic characters that you just fall in love with. Follow their story and laugh along the way. Such a wonderful creative comedic love story, and personally, I love the addition of all the animals, it brought such depth to Flynn.
Maria Sarah Koutrakos
Can't stop reading it til the end.

This story gives you everything you need. Romance, action,comedy and even drama. Abby's character makes your want to admire, protect and be in her corner. Flynn is an epitome of fun, enjoyment, relaxation and confidence. Finding each other is so natural for them. They're a perfect combination.
Kelly Cook
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HEA Romance

I loved this book, lots of laughs and Abby’s daughter Katy is hilarious. Flynn is a reformed/recovering ex soccer player and Abby is a widow trying to raise her daughter alone.
Nancy Haitsuka
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flynn and Abby

This series is fantastic. You should definitely read the books in order as characters from previous books are mentioned

Love little Katy and Flynn as they fight like 5 year olds.

Good surprise ending for Victoria
Cristina Menchu
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Love Love!

Fell in live with another Invertary novel! Janet Elizabeth Henderson always delivers a fun, laugh out loud, sexy and heartfelt story. Wishing I could live in a place like Invertary with neighbors like Fynn and Abby! I want more!
Francesca
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in the series!
Holly
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny! I love his series. Flynn and the terrorist were so funny in this one.
Stace
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy and highly recommend this witty well-written series!!
Mary
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good clean fun, mostly.... This one is okay for the plane or poolside. A touch of romance, funny, and PG. If someone picks it up or reads over your shoulder - no worries. Well written.
Dotti Elrick
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I have quickly fallen in love with this quirky little Scottish town. With its police force of one, the ladies of the knitting club, the unofficial town mayor/pub owner with questionable fashion sense, the American crooner and his manager, the ancient vicar, and now the bad boy of the soccer world and his entourage.
Flynn has always been a bit of a handful. A football protege, he's been thrown into the limelight and made the best of it. Partying, women, booze. He likes the atte
Beth
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

This book is exactly what you expect from Janet Elizabeth Henderson, romance with a lot of funny and some adorable stuff mixed in. I loved Abby and Flynn the differences in their personalities made for a great read and add the little terrorist into the mix and it's a riot! Look out for the hedgehogs, duck, goat and the rest that follow because it shows the real Flynn. I liked getting to see the some of the gang from the previous books, I have to say that if you like books with kids in it
Ireland
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Boy goes good and corrupts quintessential Good Girl. Is there anything better?

As with most women, I'm a sucker for bad boys. I'm also a sucker for football and children, so Bad Boy was exactly my cup of tea. The relationship between Flynn and Abby was wonderful, but even better (in my eyes) was the relationship between Flynn and Katy. Their negotiations and teasing stole my heart instantly.

The writing in this story, as in the others, is light and fun, while still having enough substance to
Helen Manning
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And she does it again. JEH hits it out of the park with her Invertary tale. Flynn Boyle, brother to Harry and cousin to Matt is in Invertary recovering from a career ending injury. Formerly the bad boy of ⚽ he is bored, restless and under contract to a sleazy reality TV producer for a docu-drama on his life thanks to his shady agent and lawyer. Abby is a young widowed mother of a 5 year old Katy who is a force of nature. They are neighbors much to his amusement and her consternation. She fights ...more
Jane Stewart
Ok for a romance story. Kind of average.

This is book 5 in the Invertary Series. I loved the first book. A couple others were very good. But this didn’t have the specialness of some of the others.

This book had something that I don’t think was in the prior books - a quote at the beginning of each chapter. I don’t like them. They interrupt the story. I skipped most of them. I could do that with Kindle, but it would be awful if listening as an audiobook.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length:
Pontiki
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are great! Flynn Boyle, injured soccer player and huge playboy and idiot, returns to Invertary to recover. He buys land next to Abby and her daughter, Katy, and parties loud and hard.

Abby comes from a wealthy but uncaring family, and learned to keep her manners. But, Flynn is too much and she explodes while being filmed for a documentary he's agreed to do, not knowing how invasive it might be.

They face many media trials, family threats from her mother and sister, and lots of attemp
Tamar
Really, really, REALLY enjoyed this one! It was a bit different than the others, especially with an add in of a child as a major character, but it worked. I loved the depth of the characters and, seriously, who doesn't love a bad boy? Especially a hot, infuriating, reckless one?

The whole opposites attract rule really did well in this story, and the rambunctious little ragamuffin added fun/funny chaos--specifically with her bossiness. I laughed a lot while reading this book and was rooting for t
Becky
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book hilarious, fourth book my favorite. Laugh out loud hilarious. 2,3 & 5 ok reads. Less and less town folk involvement in these books and to me that is what makes these books amazing. What happened to the domino boy 's, what happened to Betty??? The side characters are what made for some lol moments. Romance just ok Flynn was an ok character. As for being a bad boy, no, just no. He was just immature and not wanting to grow up and except responsibility. 3.5 stars well see if I read fu ...more

• Merrie (Sunfire, #25)
  • In the Cards
  • Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2)
  • Flight (The Alpha's Captive, #3)
  • What Happens at the Beach...
  • The Trouble With Kilts (MacLarens of Balmorie, #3)
  • Whispered Visions (Shifters & Seers #3)
  • The Unintended Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #3)
  • The Dogs of Balboa
  • A Rose in the Highlands
  • Patrick (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #26)
  • Covering Her Assets (Dix Dodd Mystery, #4)
  • The Prince's Nanny
  • A Demon in My Bed (Sons of Sariel, #1)
  • Gerard (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor #15)
  • Suddenly Spellbound (Ivie McKie, #2)
  • Web of Bones (Dragon Mage, #2)
  • Stakeout (Stalker #1)

I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)