Start by marking “Tabby's Big Year (Sweetbriars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tabby's Big Year (Sweetbriars, #2)

Tabby's Big Year

(Sweetbriars #2)

After Tabby’s father vanishes, a deep rift develops in Tabby’s family. Tabby’s mother is focused on being a star performer in her pharmaceutical sales career, while Ava, Tabby’s older sister, is living with grandparents in Cornwall. Tabby feels neglected by her mother and jealous of Ava and although outwardly diligent and responsible, she’s like a kettle about to blow its ...more
Published June 7th 2019 by SB Creative

To ask other readers questions about Tabby's Big Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tabby's Big Year

Start your review of Tabby's Big Year (Sweetbriars, #2)
Joe Krakovsky
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Little girls growing up. I guess that would be the first thing that comes to mind about this cute little book about young girls and their horses. Like the first in the series, it is almost like a fairy tale. Yet, a bit more serious drama is introduced by way of focusing on the not so perfect world of Tabby and her home life. Yes, she likes horses, and yes, she hopes to compete, but the mystery of where her father is we haven't a clue. There is some strife with her sister, and one of her favorite ...more
Kerri
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series, so of course I was excited to read the next installment -- and it didn't disappoint!

Tabby is really dealing with a lot - her mother is entirely focused on work and barely seems to notice her daughter at all, her father disappeared some years ago, her relationship with her sister is complicated and she is busy taking care of her injured horse, Bliss. As a result Tabby is quite independent but is also keeping a great deal of her troubles to herself, somethin
Gigi Sedlmayer
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tabby has to deal with her distant mother, better work-alcoholic mother, (she is never home for her) and her disappearing father. But she finds herself always, when she is with her beloved horse Bliss, after the accident, and with her much needed supporting friends.
Even she faces many challenges, she overcomes them and decide to be happy, with her horse Bliss.
This is the second book I read by the author, and like the first, it gave me everything as the first gave, since i love horses as well.
A
Elaine
This is a great story for any teen horse-mad readers, especially girls. Tabby's life is dysfunctional since her Dad disappeared and her Mum has compensated by being determined to be the best at her job, to the detriment of her two daughters. Tabby stayed with her Mum, who often forgets anything to do with their home, meals, appointments and the like. Her older sister, Ava, opted to live with their grandparents in Cornwall and Tabby assumes has a much better lifestyle. The highlight of everything ...more
Rachel
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was so amazing!
I enjoyed this even more than the first book, I loved getting to know the characters more especially Sophie shes such a sweet friend.

This book is packed Tabby has so much going on in her life, this wasn't at all like the typical horsey book where its all centered on the character going on a daring rescue to save her horse but so much more.
Clare O'Beara
Tabby has family issues going on and she would rather ride her favourite pony than deal with the complexities of people, like her Mum's new boyfriend and her sister who's not too close. At twelve, this would seem like a lot to deal with all right. Nobody asks a twelve year old before they start a relationship. Maybe this is why Tabby tries so hard to be responsible for her pony friends instead, and takes on the issue of an injured mare who might be written off as useless.

We also meet the rest o
Jane Hunt
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book certainly stirred some memories for me. At Tabby's age, I was totally obsessed with horses, and the scenes in the stable yard evoked happy times. This story is the second in the 'Sweetbriars' series, but as I haven't read the previous book, and enjoyed it, it reads well as a standalone.

Tabby lives with her mum, who is trying to forge a new life, as a single mum. She has a career and this is her main focus, Tabby is self-sufficient and not surprisingly, old for her years because her mot
Sherry Ellis
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweetbriars: Tabby's Big Year, is a story about overcoming challenges–both internal and external. Young Tabby lives with her single workaholic mom at a horse farm. Since her father left, the mom has had to work long hours, leaving Tabby alone most of the time. Tabby must come to terms with this and learn how to express her feelings in a constructive way. Other subplots include Tabby learning to manage a spunky young horse named Bliss and rescuing another horse named Nancy.

Tabby's Big Year is a w
Christine Meunier
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, horse-series
Tabby’s Big Year focuses on the life of twelve year old Tabitha alongside her close friends Cate and Violet.

Tabby’s life appears to be an incredible roller coaster for such a young person. She is keen to see her beloved horse Bliss come back to full health – and able to be ridden – after an injury. She feels guilt for Bliss having hurt himself and is anxious to know what the vet will say in regards to his future as a riding horse able to compete.

Read more at http://equus-blog.com/sweetbriars-tab
B.R. Maycock
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been some time since I read a horsey book, or indeed was around horses and this book as the biggest breath of fresh air I could ever have received! It is the story of Tabby. If you look at the blurb above it’s about her family and how things are and have unravelled but I read this as I would have back when I was a teen obsessed with horses, as a book about a yard, a group of friends that are there for each other and the everyday goings on around some fantabulous horses. And oh were the hors ...more
Lexi
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a properly horsey book. Lovely, kind, hard-working characters (with the exception of the baddie, of course), an idyllic setting and a classic horsey plot. There is a lot of information about horse care and exercising so it may bore a non-horsey youngster, but it was so carefully and accurately written that I devoured it and I bet any pony-mad youngster would too.

It is a sequel, but I read it as a stand-alone with no issues.
Carly Kade
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely sequel to a heartwarming equestrian series for young horse lovers. I was particularly drawn to the way the lead character Tabby learns to find her voice with her family and friends as we follow her through the story. This series is perfect for readers who are inspired by the equestrian lifestyle and want to learn more about horses (and themselves). A fun, satisfying read!
Mererid Evanna
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second book about the horse farm Sweetbriars puts the popular and hard-working 12-year-old Tabitha centre stage. Her diligence and responsible attitudes are rewarded with the trust of both horses and humans, and the courage and confidence she develops through the book make her quite formidable. She meets a lot of challenges and has both worries and triumphs. I liked to see her friendship with Sophia developing and to see more of that rather odd household. A thoroughly solid read for girls wh ...more
Lucy-May
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This book was a mixed experience for me; despite it not being the most engaging story I’ve ever read, I genuinely adored reading about the horses & at times could almost smell the yard I used to visit with a friend who owns horses. I could have enjoyed this book more, but I enjoyed it enough to keep going with it so that shows that the writing & story were entertaining. Although I wasn’t gripped by this, I think young readers who are fond of horses will love this series.

I was s
RoseSchaff
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to be an early reviewer of this book and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Tabby was a believable character and I enjoyed seeing her triumph in her challenges.

The book also had all the good horsey stuff for horsey lovers and like the first book, was a sweet and feel good read.

I recommend this book.
Gemma
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This is an enjoyable and sometimes rather dramatic read. While it can be read as a stand alone I would recomend reading the first book in the series as it felt slightly disjointed at times. I look forward to seeing where Cate, Tabby and Violet go from here.
JL Duque
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to be an arc reader for this book. Super cute, lots of drama and an inspiring read for young readers!
Steph Warren
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

A ‘Big Year’ indeed! Tabby has a lot on her plate: a missing father, a secret sister, an otherwise occupied mother, and an injured horse right before the British Young Riders Squad try-outs! Then she discovers some bad news about an old equine friend and her cup of troubles really does start to brim over.

I was really keen to
Gmr
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of horses, a young rider who dreams of competition in the ring, or someone who simply enjoys their majesty, beauty, and strength...this one's for you.

This a story about following our passions, speaking up for those who have no voices, treating others with kindness whether two or four legged, and never giving up. Tabby's life is in flux, but she's not the only one. Her childhood horsey is facing what could be the last ride of her life. Her newfound friend Sophie is having issues a
Bella Montgomery
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great coming of age equestrian book. Lots of drama to keep my eleven year old daughter turning the pages. She loves this book so much she wants to read it again! As good as the first Sweetbriars book. Highly recommend.
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5.0 out of 5 starsAn entertaining book for teens and young adults!
June 24, 2019
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
In this second book in the Sweetbriar's series, readers meet Tabby, a young lady with many conflicts in her life. She loves horses and riding, but she is dealing with several family issues. For example, she resents her mom and her older sister, Ava. But eventually, Tabby makes a plan to resolve her internal strife. This is one thing I liked about the story. I think readers will b
Wendie Watkins Levanduski
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this...it doesn’t matter whether your best friend has 2 legs or 4...they are by your side. If you love horses and have raised a teenage girl, you will love this. Tabby’s adventures continue as she wrestles with her father’s disappearance and a new man in her Mum’s life. However, the love of horses is the overall theme and the glue that binds all of us. Cannot wait for the next book!
Suzanne Hare
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tabby has trouble at home. Her family has fallen apart. Her father disappeared, her sister has gone to her grandparents to live and her mother is working all the time. She find solace working with horses. She must overcome the stigma of her family situation, save her favourite horse and somehow continue to grow and develop with all the challenges she is facing.

This book is meant for early teens and is a middle grade chapter book. Although I think the story is worth reading even as young adult or
FNM
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the Author and Rachel's Random Resources for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Well, this was such an incredibly sweet read and would have been exactly the type of book I would have been clamoring to get my hands on as a pre-teen! This is the second book in the Sweetbriar series as we follow Tabby and the struggles she faces throughout the year. Poor Tabby, it does seem as if she is a little bit of a drama magnet (none of which is her fault but still) no
Brittney
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horse-books-read
A sweet story perfect for pre-teen readers. This is book two in Marsh's Sweetbriars series, though it could be read as a stand-alone. This story follows Tabby as she navigates issues at home as well as complications at the barn and with her horse. There are some pretty deep issues that Tabby deals with over the course of this novel, such as absentee parents, as well as mean-girl-bullying issues within her barn-mates. The riding scenes are very detailed, especially during the competition at the e ...more
DM
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read Sweetbriars, #1 last year and as I enjoyed it very much, dived right in to find out if book #2 is as well written as the first.
After a few pages I was once again absorbed by a warmhearted tale of Tabby's adventures with her friends, aloofness of her mother and trials of her horses.
So if your young or like myself young minded, then this senior citizen highly recommends what this site is all about, a ( Good read ). Enjoy.
David.
Jul 22, 2019
kathleenstreff
Jul 18, 2019

• Grabbing Mane: An Equestrian Novel
  • Rescue Horse (High Lane Farm Book 1)
  • Born in the Saddle (Born to Ride Series Book 1)
  • Compromise: Horses Heal Souls
  • The Secret of Witch Cottage (The Riverdale Pony Stories, #5)
  • In The Barn: Holding On (Austin Family Farm Book 3)
  • In The Ring: Chasing Dreams (Austin Family Farm Book 2)
  • Horses Of The Rain (The Outback Riders Book 4)
  • Rodeo Daze (Red Rock Ranch, book 3)
  • A Horse Called Red
  • Down The Centre Line
  • Redhall Riders (The Riverdale Pony Stories, #4)
  • Into the Storm (The Riverdale Pony Stories, #3)
  • Favored to Win
  • Dream Horse (Maryland Equestrian #0.5)
  • Horses of the Fire (Outback Riders #3)
  • Odds on Favorite
  • Rebel Horse Rescue (Horses and Friends, #5)
Hollie Anne Marsh is an Australian author who lives in Barcelona, Spain with her partner, baby boy, and horse, Frieda.
Hollie has been horse riding since she was a little girl, enjoying activities such as Pony Club, showjumping, eventing, and trail-riding in the great Australian bush. Hollie lived in England for almost ten years where she had two horses and trained them for dressage.
The Sweetbria

Sweetbriars (3 books)
  • Leaving The City (Sweetbriars, #1)
  • Finding Violet (Sweetbriars, #3)