Start by marking “Death with a Dark Red Rose (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #5)” as Want to Read:
Death with a Dark Red Rose (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #5)

Death with a Dark Red Rose

(A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #5)

Writer's apprentice Lena London is enjoying life in Blue Lake and being newly engaged, but is soon drawn into the terrifying disappearance of one of her closest friends....

Lena is starting to feel like having it all may actually be possible! She and suspense novelist Camilla Graham are busily plotting their next novel and she's got a brand-new diamond ring on her finger
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Death with a Dark Red Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death with a Dark Red Rose

Start your review of Death with a Dark Red Rose (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #5)
Linda 📚
Author Julia Buckley expertly sets the stage for murder with suspicions of environmental conspiracy in the fifth story of the Writer’s Apprentice Mystery series. I halfway expected Erin Brockovich to appear and give the adversaries what for! The plot is immediately immersing when Lena London’s good friend Detective Doug Heller’s girlfriend, Belinda, disappears. From there, it’s a nail-biting merry-go-round as Lena and her fiancé, Sam, and Camilla Graham and her other half, Adam, join forces to ...more
Lisa Morin
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing better than curling up on a snowy day with a new book by Julia Buckley.

In Death with a Dark Red Rose, Lena London is beginning to settle into her life. She has a wonderful job working with talented author Camilla Graham, she's engaged to the handsome Sam West, and she has several close friends who she enjoys spending time with.
It isn't until one of her best friends has disappeared and a strange new company plans on settling in her adopted town.
When Plastisource begins scouting
Latricia
I enjoyed this cozy mystery. The characters were likable and the mystery fairly interesting with some good twists and turns. My biggest issue was that there was A LOT exposition. This was the first book of this series I read, but even a first time reader doesn't need to be spoon-fed all the past details and histories of the characters which was often repeated again every time something which touched on a past story came up again. The clues and 'progress' were also often repeated as well. These ...more
Sharon
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Simply could not get into this cozy mystery. Lena is a writer's apprentice, working for mystery writer Camille. Many, many characters and subplots. If you have not read the earlier books in this series, many of these characters will remain a puzzle. The author also seems determined to bring us up to speed on each character and these events probably were in earlier novels.

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for a review.
Anna Fox
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. So much so, I read this as soon as I got my eARC. The characters are interesting and I always look forward to what will happen next in their lives.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Ellen Jones
Oct 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this book at all. It's the 5th in a series and if you have not read the first ones then this one isn't going to be easy to follow. It's a little juvenile and I just got bored with it. I did like the characters and the names but just couldn't get into it.
Noreen Trotsky
Vanessa S
Karen Gregory
Jun 21, 2019
Jun 22, 2019

• Claw Enforcement (Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery #6)
  • And Then There Were Crumbs (A Cookie House Mystery, #1)
  • Al Dente's Inferno (Tuscan Cooking School Mystery #1)
  • All the Bad Apples
  • Lady Clementine
  • Why We Quilt: Contemporary Makers Speak Out about the Power of Art, Activism, Community, and Creativity
  • The Sisters of Summit Avenue
  • Beverly, Right Here
  • The Secrets We Kept
  • And They Called It Camelot: A Novel of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Meg and Jo
  • The Lazy Rabbit
  • Wild Game: My Mother, Her Lover, and Me
  • Dear Edward
  • Walking on Water (The Walk, #5)
  • A Single Thread
Julia Buckley is a Chicago-area writer. Her first mystery, THE DARK BACKWARD, was published in 2006; since then she has published the Madeline Mann mysteries and the first in the Teddy Thurber series on Kindle.

She writes two series for Berkley Prime Crime, with debut titles THE BIG CHILI and A DARK AND STORMY MURDER

Buckley is a member of Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, and the

A Writer's Apprentice Mystery (5 books)
  • A Dark and Stormy Murder (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery, #1)
  • Death in Dark Blue (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery, #2)
  • A Dark and Twisting Path (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery, #3)
  • Death Waits in the Dark (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #4)