Start by marking “Seven Crows” as Want to Read:
Seven Crows

Seven Crows

An ex-con tracks down the men who have kidnapped her niece in this gritty and visceral thriller.

Killian Delaney has a skewed moral compass, a high threshold for pain, and has just been released from prison to discover that someone has taken her niece.

Killian does not hesitate. Loyalty is the most important thing in her life, and when she gets a call from her
Published October 8th 2019 by Redhook

To ask other readers questions about Seven Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Crows

Start your review of Seven Crows
Kate (kayvajuice)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book is not only a thriller but it also talks about themes that are real and happen in real life. The main character is a typical anti-hero that I feel like many people will like and will root for her because she's tough and independent. I also thought that the story was very fast paced and didn't feel as long as it actually is (it's pretty long I think). But overall, I really liked it and I think it was a great thriller and I'm glad to have gotten the opportunity to read it!
Marvelous Bookish Tomes
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with the ARC. This has to be one of my favorite tropes in books and movies and I was thrilled to start it! Without spoiling anything, I love it when an ex-con is the hero and goes on a journey to save someone! It just makes me giddy inside. The pace, writing, atmosphere, characters, everything was what I was looking for in this read! Will be reading more from this author in the future!
Bonnye Reed
I received an electronic copy of this novel on September 6, 2019, from Netgalley, Kate Kessler, and Red Hook Books - Hatchette Book Group. Thank you for sharing your hard work with me. I have read "Seven Crows" of my own volition, and this review reflects my personal opinion of this work. I am happy to recommend this crime novel to friends and family. Kate Kessler is an author I will need to follow.

I thoroughly enjoyed Killian Delaney. She is a character I would love to see more of. There are
P.e. lolo
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Yes to giving this book five stars and yes to all of the characters in this book. The entire story felt real weather people out believe it or not there are people like this most of the time you only hear or come in contact with males, but Killian is a breath of fresh air. The story itself you keep you going from the beginning of her release from prison to the very last pages and you the reader left with what is going on with Story, another badass woman. Following Killian you are taken not only ...more
Donna Hines
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
YESSS! This needs more than 5 star glowing review!
Seven Crows has everything a thriller fan loves and more.
It's full of mystery, intrigue, suspense and flavored with excitement beyond one's expectations.
Killian is our main gal and is quite the character. Brutal, flawed, broken and vividly alive.
Meanwhile her 15 yo niece has been kidnapped while Killian has just been released from prison.
The niece is believed to be involved with a biker gang that's heavily dependent upon drugs and human
Olivia L
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I would ever want to walk a mile in Killian Delaney's shoes, but I do know that I would never, ever take a single step in the shoes of one of her enemies. Whoa! Killian was one jacked up anti-heroine. As the ex-con and former MMA fighter, she was the one to be feared. She was the alpha in this story. She was a mercenary. She was a living legend. (She was something!) The simple premise of the story was one of revenge and redemption. The pacing was lightening quick, supported by a ...more
Leah Hines
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killian is not your typical heroine and that's what I loved about her. This story is action packed. There are parts that are dark and gritty and not for everyone. Realistically written and at times raw, this one grabs you at the start and doesn't let go. These are some of the most intriguing and complex characters I have ever read and Killian and Dash will stay with me for a long while. I want more by this author.
Louisa
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, such a great book! Loved these characters, and the plot just swept me away! Fantastic read!
Bookworm LLC
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cindy-bookshelf
This is the first book I have read by Kate Kessler and it won't be that last. I can't wait to get my hands on everything she has written.

Seven Crows is a story about a woman who ran with the Crows, just one of the gangs in the area.
When a rival gang kills her boyfriend she goes on the attack but leaves the head of the rival gang alive so he can always remember what she did to him when he looks in the mirror. She goes to prison for what she did the the man and has to watch her back inside
Victoria
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been avidly following Kessler's writing since first reading her debut novel three years ago. I have since read - and thoroughly enjoyed - all of her novels. At first, I thought that this title would be part of the Audrey Harte series (many of the titles involve a number), but this is a standalone novel set in a grittier Connecticut than the one that may first spring to mind. The book is a bit like an East Coast version of a season of Sons of Anarchy - with rival biker gangs, trafficking ...more
Gigi
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I was given this ebook by Goodreads in exchange for a review.
I am a big fan of Kate Kessler’s Audrey Harte series and she doesn’t disappoint with this new book.
The storyline involves human trafficking, rape, prison and redemption. It was more violent than I usually read, but the story would not be as powerful without it.
Denice Langley
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast moving thriller that builds tension straight from the start. A woman with a criminal past and little to lose must plan and execute the rescue of her niece from a gang of thugs that bear her a grudge or twelve. Her ability to fight through encounters with the ghosts of her past to insure her niece has a better life will have you cheering her on, even though her actions may not be the typical for the "good" guys. This was a very good book filled with excitement and a sense of doing whatever ...more
AURORE
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You probably do not know but I’ve been complaining for a while now About reading slump(PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG AND BOOKSTAGRAM KNOW THIS) and I have been looking for the perfect pick me up I even tried audio books and all that, but it turns out I have the PERFECT PICK ME UP BOOK all along .

So I have a couple of ARC and I decide to look through them and see! I absentmindedly picked up “Seven Crows - Kate Kessler” (The tittle actually had me pick it up) Long Story Short, I haven’t been able to
BreeAnn
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, mystery, action
What I Loved: The character Killian was such a bad-A$$. I was engrossed with her character. You remember that little movie, Taken, well she's the female version of that dad. Kate Kessler wrote a book that played like an action movie in my head. Every description she used was just the right one, and I loved it.

How I Felt: This was a gritty, descriptive book and every time someone landed a punch, I knew exactly how they were feeling. The writing was so well done, I could picture everything. I felt
Roxanne
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and Hatchette Book Group for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Killian Delaney is no stranger to violence it is why she spent nine years in prison. When her sister calls her to let her know that her niece Shannon is missing. Killian will stop at nothing to get her back. She already knows who took her, and why. It is all buried in the past.

He is the reason she went to jail, the man she left alive after nearly beating him to death. He wants his revenge, one
Lynn Brown
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read this turned out to be. Killian Delaney is the star of the book, in more ways than one. People only have to know her name to be terrified of her, because of the way she didn't kill her victim but how she left him, still suffering. Now that guy has her niece and to get her back he wants her dead.

The book seemed pretty realistic to me, not that I have any real life experience in this world. It felt very scary at times and I was so worried about Killian and her niece Shannon.
Susan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
This book was a huge miss for me. I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for the characters. The main character, Killian, went to prison for totally maiming the guy who shot her boyfriend. She was never set up to be a character to root for which negated any feelings of her being a hero when she was fighting to get her niece back. It was just inter-rival gang violence. In addition to that, the progression of the story line was incredibly flabbergasting. Killian's niece has been kidnapped and ...more
Sari
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanted to like this book. I really tried to dive into it super hard but it just fell flat for me. I didn't really connect with any of the characters. The writing was good, but it still felt very cliche.

Killian just wasn't set up for a character that you could sympathize with. The story as a whole just didn’t work for me. I almost hated the mundane things she did throughout the story.
Sharon Grow
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this new thriller by Kate Kessler and look forward to some of her other books. Ex-con Killian Delaney spent almost ten years in prison for seeking vengeance on the man responsible for killing her lover. She is MMA trained and can do more damage to someone with her training which helped her survive those years in prison. When her fifteen-year old niece is abducted, she knows the gangs are getting back at her and going back to prison will be worth it to save her niece. A great ...more
Aleana Harris
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book from the Publisher via Netgalley and voluntarily leaving my review.

Killian been in jail for ten years after getting revenge on the man Rank responsible for her lover Jason death.

When she is release from prison she learns from her sister Megan that her 15 year old niece Shannon is missing that she been taken by the gangs as payback for what she did to their leader Rank as does everything to get her niece back all the while trying to adjust being back on the
Leigh Ann
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seven Crows is the story of Killian Delany, an ex-con who might be more of a hero than she's willing to admit. I loved the way Kessler teased out Killian's history and how it entwined with many of the characters throughout the story. There were definitely twists I did not see coming and I couldn't put it down once I started.
Rita Gorra
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know, I know...it has a lot of cliches. Killian is almost invulnerable, her love interest is a hunk who loved her for years, etc. But it was a roller coaster ride from page one. Loved it. I couldn’t stop and then it was over. Nicely done.
Ami Cook
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read the Audrey Harte series as well as Dead Ringer with Rachel Ward I thought I knew what to expect from a Kate Kessler book. I am thrilled to be wrong. This story pulls zero punches along the way and makes you really feel for Killian. I cannot wait for the next round!
K-BRC
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killian is a lady who knows violence, and she’s the one that handed it out. Now out of prison she’s got to go up against the same biker she went to jail for trying to kill. This action adventure about this tough chick is one you should read!
Leah Hortin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Well, that was entertaining. Badass chic, Sons of Anarchy-esque, family drama, action packed.
Meshia Chatman
2.75/ 5 stars
Karyn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF

Flat, superficial characters, ridiculous and implausible dialogue and situations

Alicia
First book by Kate Kessler and can’t wait to read more. Killy reminds me of myself. I’d do anything for my sister, niece and my own child.
Elizabeth
Killian is a boss ass bitch and I adored her. God, I hope this is a series.
Shkolnikjx
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book! Had fun reading it, and kept me on my toes the whole time. Great character development and fascinating storyline.

• Trace of Evil (Natalie Lockhart #1)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • What Rose Forgot
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • Rewind
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Problem Child (Jane Doe, #2)
  • Tracking Game (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #5)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • Close to You
  • Gretchen
  • Rival's Break (Sharpe & Donovan #9)
  • Highway of Tears: A True Story of Racism, Indifference and the Pursuit of Justice for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
  • River Run (A Delia Chavez Mystery #1)
  • The Furies
  • The Look-Alike
  • No Experience Required
  • No Man's Land (FBI K-9 #4)
As a child Kate Kessler seemed to have a knack for finding trouble, and for it finding her. A former delinquent, Kate now prefers to write about trouble rather than cause it, and spends her day writing about why people do the things they do. She lives in New England with her husband. - See more at: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titl...