Start by marking “Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)

Bone Crier's Moon

(Bone Grace #1)

Bone Criers have a sacred duty. They alone can keep the dead from preying on the living. But their power to ferry the spirits of the dead into goddess Elaras Night Heavens or Tyruss Underworld comes from sacrifice. The gods demand a promise of dedication. And that promise comes at the cost of the Bone Criers one true love.

Ailesse has been prepared since birth to become the
Published March 3rd 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Bone Crier's Moon, please sign up.
Lily_Loves_2_Read I personally would say its fine, unless you don't want to read about killing and it has another religion (to me it gives of a Japanese afterlife and…moreI personally would say its fine, unless you don't want to read about killing and it has another religion (to me it gives of a Japanese afterlife and christian type thing) and sacrificial scenes but none of them are to graphic in my opinion. (less)

Start your review of Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
jessica
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
this story is all about a doomed romance. i definitely believed the doomed part - from the very beginning you know it isnt going to end well for the characters. its the romance that i find less convincing.

i just dont see any concrete proof, other than faith in an old belief/superstition, that bastien and ailesse are into each other. the idea of soulmates and bonds beyond anyones control can be romantic, but i just found this to be more of an eye-roll than anything. i have a prediction (actually
✨ A ✨
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Can we have Charlie Bowater do all covers from now on please? I love her work and when I saw this book I immediately added it to my tbr. Plus the premise of this book sounds amazing. A duology and a doomed romance? Sign me up.
chan ☆
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
i can see it now: me nutting for this cover so hard that i read this book almost an entire year before it's released... and then have to wait 2 years before the sequel comes out
Cassie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank-you, Edelweiss, for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

I thoroughly enjoyed this and feel like its an easy story to read in one sitting. Not because its a simple story but because its addicting.

The world is unique and so is the magic system. I've never read a book like this one, where the characters use animal bones and get strength and power from them depending on what animal it is they killed. I loved every minute of it.

This story is full of star-crossed
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
The artist Charlie Bowater who did the cover of this book is too good for this planet. This book could suck ass but I will make room for it on my shelves. 50 shades will just have to sit on the floor.
Cindy ✩☽♔
May 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
6/12/19
OMG, is this really happening? Am I actually loving this cover with cover models/character art? OMG I am!
---
...star-crossed lovers Ailith, a magical siren and soul-ferrier, and Bastien, her soulmate who's hell-bent on avenging his murdered father, are fated to kill one another.

Am I the only one who kind wants it to end with one or both of them dying? I don't know I just want something that is actually dark. Anime gets away with it all the time, I think books can do the same.
Umairah | Sereadipity
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bone Crier's Moon was a riveting read set in a French-inspired world about the lengths people go to for love and loyalty. The moon waxed and waned, the stakes were high and the relationships were compelling- I definitely thought it was a story with a lot of potential.

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Writing: 4/5

Bone Criers or Ferriers were women who ferried the souls of the dead to either the Heavens or the Underworld every new moon. But to do this they had to complete a rite of passage that involved
alana ♡
"You're worth the risk, do you hear me? You're always going to be worth the risk."

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Not gonna lie, I totally added this one to my TBR just from the cover alone. But luckily for me, the inside of this book is just as pretty as the outside. Bone Crier's Moon is a hauntingly beautiful fantasy filled with lots of hate to love romance, magic, sisterly love, strong friendships, secrets, and betrayals. The writing in this is seriously stunning and the author does a great job of

ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Real Rating: 3,5 stars
Bone Crier's Moon tell us the story of three main characters: Sabine, Ailesse and Bastien.
Sabine and Ailesse are best friends and part of a clan of Leuress, women who ferry the dead into the underworld or paradise. They must do it with the help of bones from animals and a sacred bone flute. If the dead are not ferried they become something like invisible danger.
Bastien is a boy driven by revenge because his father was killed by a Leuress. And so our story begins.
Even if
ellie
Apr 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
do you ever read a book's synopsis about how much better it would be if it was gay? Star-crossed badass gays on a murdering rampage? sign me UP

"Kathryn Purdie's new YA fantasy adventure series, Bone Gracein which star-crossed lovers Ailith, a magical siren and soul-ferrier, and Bastien, her soulmate who's hell-bent on avenging his murdered father, are fated to kill one another. Book one is scheduled for fall 2019."

Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Apr 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD OMG. I NEED.
Victoria Booklover
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, this is a first. Two stars always felt too harsh to me, but I just couldnt with this book.

It all stems from one very OBVIOUS thing that is lacking; character depth.

Who was Aileesebesides a Bone Crier/Sirenyou ask? I HAVE NO IDEA. She was literally just some girl had to kill some guy to secure her role in her society of Bone Criers. No depth to her character at all. We got no backstory, no unique traits, no development, no nothing.

Who was Basitenbesides a wanted thief who also wanted
booknator
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ok but HOW stunning is this cover?
The Nerd Daily
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

My goodness, I loved reading Bone Criers Moon so much. Its heavy, but full of passion. I loved getting to know the characters as the story progressed. I loved Ailesse so much, but Sabine even more as her loyalty to her dear friend is truly remarkable. Even though we have three points of view going on, Sabines internal struggles definitely made her character stand out to me. Before I get started with my review, I do want to add a
Scrill
Jul 25, 2019 marked it as dnf
It's not that I didn't like this book, so much as I just wasn't into it. The world building was fantastic, but I just didn't care about the characters and the romance. I LOVED the sisterly bond/friendship between two of the MC's, but the romance just seemed like a given due to the soul-mate-yness as opposed to actual affection. I was never quite gripped by the story to actually get very far in the book, and then just had to put it down after a possession scene, which bummed me out because I was ...more
rachel ☾

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an
Candace Robinson
The cover is so gorgeous but as with a lot of fantasy lately, it just didnt pull me in! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes ever so I did like that and I loved the uniqueness of the story! I just wish I felt more for the characters! ...more
Kelly
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
The plot of this book was interesting. Bone Criers or "Leurress" lure men and have to kill them in order to become Ferriers. It's their rite of passage and Ailesse is about to do hers. However, the young man appearing on the bridge is prepared. When he was ten, he saw his father murdered like this and it's been his mission ever since then to get revenge. The rite won't go as planned as both characters wants to kill the other.

I have to say the romance (enemies to lovers) didn't captivate me and
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Thank you HarperCollins and Katherine Tegen Books for the ARC.

I swear I will add any book to my TBR shelf that has a cover design done by Charlie Bowater because LOOK AT HER!
Francesca ❆
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you so much HarperCollins for providing me a free copy through Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review.

Good story, but needed more polish.

CHARACTERS:
The book is narrated by three characters: Sabine, Ailesse, and Bastien.
All the characters were thoroughly fleshed out and I enjoyed reading about their inner turmoil and external struggles; the story forces them to go through some fascinating changes and personal growth, making the character development the focus of the story.
The villain of
Alexa
Personally, its the lore that is the biggest draw for this novel. There is so much there that has so much potential! But the execution just didnt work for me, particularly when it came to the characters. ...more
Ashlee » Library In The Country
I really enjoyed this! A coven of women who ferry the dead to the afterlife, forbidden romance, supportive friendships and a fantastic ending all make this book.

Bone Criers Moon and its stunning cover by Charlie Bowater is about Bone Criers (or Leuress) who use the bones of animals to strengthen their own abilities and senses. After they have collected the bones of three animals, they can perform their rite of passage and fulfill their purpose of ferrying the dead.

The only caveat? Their rite of
Romie
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
this cover could punch me in the guts and I'd say thank you ma'am, I'm happy to be of service
Jen
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
**I received this as an egalley from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review.**

I know this book doesnt come out for quite some time (March of 2020), but I was in a bit of a rut when it came to what I wanted to read next. I knew it wanted to be some sort of fantasy but I just wasnt sure until I came across this on Edelweiss. What definitely got me was the bit about Ailesse having to kill her soulmate in order to become a Ferrier, only to be kidnapped by him instead, and
Zoë ☆
*3.75 stars I think?

It was a pretty interesting story and really addictive to listen to!! Though having finished it now I feel like I something was missing for me in the story? I dont know 😂 Which is why Im not rating it 4 stars. BUT that might have also been the audiobook, I wasnt a fan of one of the narrators 🙈 That ending definitely makes me want to keep on reading though!!! 🙌
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher, Katherine Tegen Books, via Edelweiss+ for an honest review.

Opinion:

On that new moon like every new moon the Leurress need to summon the dead from their graves and ferry their souls past the Gate of the Beyond.

description

The dead must be ferried, my mother told me as I prepared for my rite of passage, or theyll wander the land of the living and wreak devastation.

The Bone Criers are a tribe of women called Leurress whose soul purpose is to ferry
Aly (In Wonderland)
Well, thank God that's over.

I was incredibly disappointed by page 20, when I realised that one of my most anticipated releases of 2020 was also going to be my most unanticipated disappointment. 20 pages in, and I knew everything I needed to know about this book: it's slow, badly paced and incredibly boring. The plot itself is one of old, with a regrettable love story and an overworked villain story arc. I find 2 out of the 3 point of views insufferable to read, with the third one being mildly
Madison Mary
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The dead must be ferried, or they'll wander the land of the living and wreck devestation"

A stunning start to a duology that promises to be delicious and deadly.

SUMMARY
The Bone Criers have been ferrying the dead for generations. However, in order for a Leurress to ascend to Ferrier status she must complete three animal sacrifices and one final human.

Ailesse has been preparing for her rite of passage since she was a child, in the hope to one day ascend her mother and become the matriarch.
Sara
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
~ Althea | themoonwholistens ~  ☾
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as unreleased-tbr
the cover is GORGEOUS and HELLO THAT DESCRIPTION!! The magic system sounds unique and I love weird, cool magic systems.

But to be honest... it had me at forbidden love and Heaven and Underworld <3

description

• The Shadows Between Us
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Red Hood
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
  • What I Like About You
  • Thorn
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • The Winter Duke
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Vanishing Deep
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers #2)
Kathryn is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the BURNING GLASS series. Her love of storytelling began as a young girl when her dad told her about someone named Boo Radley while they listened to the film score of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. Kathryn is a trained classical actress who studied at the Oxford School of Drama. She also writes songs on her guitar for each of her stories and shares ...more

Bone Grace (2 books)
  • Bone Crier's Dawn (Bone Grace #2)

News & Interviews