Jump to ratings and reviews

Confessions of a Sex Kitten

Striving to be the sex kitten Avery Taylor portrays on her blog is a lot harder than she imagined, but having a hot, new neighbor move in next door sure gets her imagination going. His green eyes alone would give a girl the vapors. And yet, getting involved with someone so close just isn’t in the cards for Avery, even if her inner kitten is telling her that all rules are meant to be broken once. Or twice. Or as many times as it takes to get familiar with James’s one billion abs.

James Mardin moves to NYC to focus on family and work. Quirky Avery just plops into his life out of nowhere. She’s the last thing he needs, and yet, he can’t seem to stay away from the damsel down the hall, especially after he stumbles upon her secret blog. A sexy goofball lusting after him? It just wouldn’t be proper if he didn’t make her fantasies come true.

With views to die for, neighborly favors to return, and secrets to uncover, James and Avery are in for a treat. The attraction is evident, but is it enough to get them through snarky family remarks, burning buildings, and the heat of a typical New York summer?

Kindle Edition

First published August 30, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Mila Rossi

8 books114 followers
Mila Rossi creates heroines who don't back down, stand up for themselves, and insist on freedom and independence until the right man comes along, then all rules are thrown out the window. The heroes must be clever, generous, and able to throw a girl over their shoulder.

If she's feeling nostalgic, she writes historical romance under the name Alice Lake.

When not typing away furiously, she goofs around with her husband and two troublemaking daughters.

Visit her at www.milarossi.com or https://www.pinterest.com/alake1935/.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (6%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews
Profile Image for Mila Rossi.
Author 8 books114 followers
Read
September 1, 2019
CONFESSIONS OF A SEX KITTEN is now available! Get ready to laugh, swoon, lust, and maybe even shed a tear or two as you stumble along with Avery and James, the Peeping Toms living next door to each other.

Profile Image for Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•.
2,373 reviews204 followers
November 4, 2019
After being cheated on by her now, ex boyfriend, Avery’s confidence has been knocked back. In and effort to increase her sexual esteem she begins writing a blog, Confessions of a Sex Kitten. Completely anonymous of course.

After a night out with her best friend she meets a very gorgeous ‘arabian prince’ - he’s not actually a prince but he just has that look about him. Sadly, despite the connection they both feel they part ways without sharing any contact details with each other. Could he be ‘the one that got away’ the one Avery will always remember and think ‘what if?’

Avery is incredibly surprised a few weeks later to discover that her new neighbour is that gorgeous man she met that night. Is this fate or a cruel joke, especially because she seems to embarass herself every time she sees him. And see him she does, she can see right into his living room window and my god, he has an incredible body, it’s like watching her very own fantasy come to life. Popcorn anyone?

James (arabian prince) has recently moved away from his family’s home town and his parent’s expectations to start again. He is a personal trainer, which explains the ripped body and he has definitely not forgotten the night he met Avery. He loves that she is his new neighbour. When he received a link to her blog, where she mentions her hot new neighbour - a lot, he decides to try and make some of her fantasies come true.

Avery knows getting involved with her neighbour is not a good idea but resisting him proves harder than she thought it could be. After she finds herself homeless, James kindly takes Avery and her cat in as temporary roommates, that’s what a good neighbour would do right? Things really begin to heat up and Avery thinks that maybe she has found the one, a man she wants to share her life with. Until he lets it slip that he follows her blog. Yup, the shite hits the fan!

This was a fun, light, romantic read :)
Profile Image for Angie.
1,011 reviews119 followers
September 28, 2019
I swear I thought I had posted this review already, but apparently the Goodreads Glitch has struck again. Sighhhh

Even though I have loved Mila's novels for a few years now, James and Avery's story was a tough one for me to get through. While I found the story concept of Avery discovering her inner sex kitten interesting, I thought James was pushy and too much of an alpha-hole for me to find charming. I didn't appreciate how he tried to manipulate Avery into situations she was uncomfortable with (despite of her self-proclaimed sexual journey). However, he did eventually redeem himself in how he stood up for her towards his family and encouraged her to stand up for herself towards her family. Overall, this was not my favorite of Mila's stories although it did have some great attributes--like the slow courtship between James and Avery and the awesome side characters. If you're interested in another of Mila's works, I would recommend Change of Plans or Going the Distance, both of which I loved!

My James, aggravating at times but still gorgeous..

*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon.
2,087 reviews149 followers
September 2, 2019
4 Cranky Stars

Word of advice if you write an anonymous blog don’t accidentally send the URL link to the whole apartment complex (which I’m still wondering how she had a list for all the people but that’s for another time) and really make sure the hunky personal trainer next door that you are crushing on really doesn’t read it. Especially if hunky trainer is a guy you hit on at a bar with a fake French accent because research for your sexy blog.

Avery has been burned in her last relationship he uttered the dreaded you aren’t good enough for me words and it burned itself into her brain. Her best friend Morgan gives her some sage advice and thus the birth of her blog Confessions of a Sex Kitten is born. You see Avery is far from a sex kitten in fact she’s a relationship kind of girl and lives a seemingly normal life with her cat Roger. The blog becomes a place to lay out all her thoughts and fantasies and likes the fact that no one knows it’s her until James. James is new to the complex and isn’t expecting the beauty with the fake French accent was his neighbor. He is back in New York to be closer to his family and of course build his clientele for his personal trainer business. Reuniting with old friends and making new things seem to be going well. He sets his eyes on Avery and uses the blog to his advantage. He starts to see this beautiful clumsy big hearted goofball who sets his heart on fire. Things are going great until a drunken night things blow up. Secrets between lovers never goes well.

This book was cute! I didn’t fault James for his mistake I mean things are going so well why rock the boat right? Avery had very real reservations we’ve all at some point had a relationship shake us and make up questions ourselves. Ok I did enjoy this book at time it felt like there was no lead up to events like boom this is happening and it’s like ok we are running with this but it wasn’t a major issue. Also I’m born and raised in the South and nothing will keep me from a hot bath not even 100 degree weather. I felt like it was a constant reminder that it was hot in NYC once again nothing that will distract you from the book at hand just my little quirk. All in all I liked this steamy swoon worthy falling in love story.

August 3, 2019
The delicious sexual energy is evident from the moment the story opens and keeps the reader enthralled in it's grasp till the very end. It's charged with sexual excitement and more promises to come. 5/5 stars for a thrilling, new sensual masterpiece.
August 18, 2019
Confessions of a Sex Kitten is the first book that I have read by this author. It was a book that I just had to read after reading an excerpt from this book.

This is Avery and James story. Avery meets James at a bar after he moves to NYC. James thinks Avery is cute when Avery was at the bar after a dare. She was dared to speak in an accent to bring out her inner Kitten. Of course, he knows she is faking the accent. But he forgets to get her number. Fortunately for the two of them, James moves in next door to Avery.

It’s a cute story that unfolds between the two of them. I enjoyed their story and I am looking forward to reading more from this new to me author. 4 cute and romantic stars.
Profile Image for Stacy.
354 reviews5 followers
August 17, 2019
I received this book as a good reads giveaway. I really enjoyed the story of Avery and James. Both characters were very relatable and easy to like. The author added in other characters that I thought would add to the storyline, but really did not develop into a thread that blended well with the story. The extra characters could have added more depth to the main story but they just seemed to float along side. For example, Morgan's boss and that relationship it was mentioned several times but did not really play into the main story. There were a few grammatical issues but not enough to distract from the overall story. For instance, using tough instead of though and other similar issues. I think a good book editor would fix that quickly. I liked the author's writing style and feel this is a cute easy read. I would recommend it for people who enjoy contemporary romance and chick lit.
Profile Image for Shelleen Toland.
1,276 reviews65 followers
August 31, 2019
Avery's boyfriend broke up with her and had been cheating on her. Telling her it was her fault and made it seem she wasn't good enough for sex. So she goes on the town with friends and pretends to be someone that she isn't. She ends up meeting a guy but doesn't think she will see him again. Come to find out he ends up being her new neighbor.
Avery also has a blog in which no one knows who she really is and she talks about men, dating and sex. On accident James, her new neighbor, finds out about the blog and starts doing things that he knows she will like. There is a lot of sparks between them but she has a wall up because of her ex. James tries to break through it.
These 2 made me smile and laugh while reading and I couldn't put it down. Both of them seem to have mothers and a father who don't seem to be happy for them and are snooty. Avery's dad is fun though and I would have liked to see more between Avery and him.
Thank you to Xpresso and NetGalley for the ARC.
Profile Image for Jen.
1,064 reviews12 followers
December 15, 2019
This book was mildly entertaining, just not all that great. I did not like the fake French accent premise that it started on. I was quite annoyed by how much the author referenced how hot it was. (Okay, it's summer, we get it!) There were a lot of things that seemed to be built up... and then just never followed through on. Along with others that were kind of just thrown in there. All-in-all it made for a rather disjointed ride. And I really didn't get why Avery was so upset about James reading her blog; it wasn't like he snuck into her room and read her diary. Anyway, it was a nice enough story, the main characters were usually fairly likeable, and they eventually got their happily-ever-after, so I guess all's well that ends well.

I received a free eBook copy of this title from Xpresso Book Tours and NetGalley, and have willingly provided an honest review.
Profile Image for Ramona.
73 reviews14 followers
September 21, 2019
Well James is a fun neighbor!

I was fortunate enough to win this copy in a Goodreads contest, so I wanted to read it quick to review it .

Mila Rosi is a new author for me and how I' ve missed her in the long list of authors is beyond me, but I won't forget her anytime soon!

Confessions was a fun story. James and Avery meet in a bar while Avery is pretending to be someone else. It is hilarious, the meeting. Eventually, it turns out James is Avery's new neighbor and the shenanigans begin!

I love the fact that both characters have similar family issues. That isn't often seen in storylines. And I loved Avery's friend Morgan. I seriously wanna know how it went with Farmer Market guy!

Definitely gonna check out more by Mila!
1,635 reviews38 followers
November 6, 2019
This is a contemporary romance about a young woman who is living a dual existence... on the surface she has a conservative life with a bland personality but she also writes a blog as a sexy girl. Of coarse, she runs into problems when she meets her hot neighbor and her twin images clash. It’s an okay premise but it didn’t really do much for me. Despite the erotic sex scenes I never felt there was much depth to their feelings. Plus, I couldn’t see why she got so upset when he read her blog when she had written it to be shared.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Profile Image for K D.
1,170 reviews8 followers
November 30, 2019
3 1/2 stars

This was a goodreads giveaway that I received from a new to me author.
Although the book had a few typos, they were minor.
I found the beginning of the book to a be a little rough, but once the story got going it was a nice read. The titular character is shy and sweet, and entertaining as she tries to get out of her comfort zone. There seem to be loose ends that could have wrapped everything up and it is not clear if this couple will make future appearances in the "confessions" series...

445 reviews4 followers
August 7, 2019
I received a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. this was the first book I have read by this author and overall it was a good book. however, the ending was weak. Avery was cheated on by her boyfriend and now writes a blog to bring out her inner sex kitten. James has just moved in next door and her sex kitten persona is working for him. the conflict felt forced in and the resolution made me dislike both characters. Avery for evening weak and James for honestly being kind of an ass. but again overall a good novel.
374 reviews
November 14, 2019
In an attempt to prove her ex-boyfriend wrong, that she isnt boring in bed, she starts a sex kitten blog to unleash a wilder side to her personality. While at a bar one night, at the encouragement of her friends, she tries out a new sexier persona with the hot guy at the bar. Days later the hunk from the bar happens to move in as her new neighbor and soon the relationship blooms. I liked the book more then I expected too and the characters were fun and interesting enough. It is an enjoyable easy read.
Profile Image for Nancy.
920 reviews37 followers
September 15, 2019
What a fun story! After Avery's boyfriend cheats on her, her friend suggests she breaks out of her shell. During a night out with friends Avery pretends to be someone else, only to discover her new neighbor is the guy from her night out. Between her "secret" blog, peeping through the window, a surprise gift, and a few other mishaps this book will have you turning the pages to find out if the sex kitten gets the man.
70 reviews5 followers
September 13, 2019
I receded this book in a giveaway thru goodreads. That being said, I really enjoyed this book. The story line with Avery and James was funny, sexy, and light hearted. I enjoyed the connection and the energy of the 2 main characters. I would highly recommend the book to anyone that likes contemporary adult romance !!
Profile Image for Joni Watson.
25 reviews
August 26, 2019
I won this ebook through a Goodreads giveaway. This was a first-time author for me. I don't remember why this was on to TBR list, but I'm glad it was. I enjoyed the characters and the writing style. I will definitely read more for this author
Profile Image for Danielle Garcia.
392 reviews
December 18, 2019
** 5 Sexy Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ **

Aww... I absolutely loved it!!! At the beginning I thought it was a little fantastic but then I got warmed up to the plot and it made more sense. James was so incredible and amazing and sexy even thought he wasn't perfect. Avery was a little bit insecure but it was understandable seeing how her previous relationship ended. Morgan was a delight and, I'm very excited to read her book. To sum up, I LOVED IT and was a great surprise since this is my first Mila Ross' book. Such a shame it wasn't longer, I wanted more of this light, fun and racy story.
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.