Start by marking “Change of Heart” as Want to Read:
Change of Heart

Change of Heart

Does my husband's heart still miss me now that it beats in the chest of another man?

Lub-dub
A heartbeat more familiar than Easton’s own

Lub-dub
He vowed to love his husband until death do they part. And then the worst happened.

Lub-dub
His heart kept another man alive. River. A stranger in the world with Easton's husband's heart pumping the blood that warms his skin.
Published June 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Change of Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change of Heart

Start your review of Change of Heart
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
The blurb is somewhat angsty, but this story is all sweetness with minimal angst and a very appealing blend of friendship, hurt/comfort, love-at-first-sight, and bisexual awakening.

Easton kept a secret from River for far too long, and I knew how River would find out the truth pretty much from page one. I'm glad that River was mature enough to talk to Easton, though.

The ending was just so sexy and romantic, and I loved the dual POV.

I desperately want Bradon and Fox's story next!
Cadiva
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This romance is just gorgeous, there's no other word for it imho. From the start to the finish I had a really warm feeling of love throughout the narrative even though there were moments tinged with sadness.

I think K.M. has handled what could have been a truly mawkish subject with consummate skill, it's a difficult tone to get right but overall this romance with a twist had a strength of feeling which was pitched perfectly.

Easton's love for his dead husband Paul is present throughout, the
Bev
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, grief-death
Easton was exhausting. I get that he was mourning his husband but he was relentless in his misery which went on and on ..... and on. I ended up skimming to get to the parts in River's POV which were, on the whole, overshadowed by the misery.

Most loved this book so I think it's a "me" problem.

And so this book funk continues.
Denise H.
River has Easton’s dead husband’s donated heart !
This amazing tale is about a heart donor, and our author has made it very endearing.
Sweet, Graphic Artist, emotional Easton, 35, still misses his husband after five years. An old card is found in Paul’s belongings from the heart recipient. Curious Easton wants to see him.

River, 30, works in marketing and continues to be lonely. He has a new chance at life, but he yearns for something he doesn’t understand.
After Easton saves River, they become
Bev
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hmm, didn't get a lot of emotional feels from this story at all, and I didn't like the fact that the last 30% or so seemed to just revolve around sex, and Easton teaching River a thing or two...but hey, it's a Kimmy Neuhold read so I suppose I should've expected it really.

Yes, I was sorry for Easton and the completely unexpected and untimely death of his husband and soulmate Paul, but I was also pretty p'd off with the fact that he couldn't or wouldn't tell River the real reason he was drawn to
haletostilinski
So overall I really enjoyed this, I enjoyed Easton and River together a lot, they were so sweet and wonderful together, and also yes, hot.

I also thought this concept was really interesting, because I had never seen it before. Falling in love with the guy who got your dead husband's heart? Crazy situation and complicated but so interesting.

And the author wrote these two together so well, and their romance was so great. And getting Easton from a place of heavy grieving even 5 years later to
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
I loved River

All my stars are for him.

I love the story, but, the way this writer describes her characters was absolutely breathtaking.
Carra
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, EVERYTHING about this story just reached out and grabbed me. It’s one of those “dammit, I’m already crying” books, and even after the initial bawl-fest those tears kept popping up here and there along the way. But it was SO good. Yes, it was emotional. And yes, at times there was some frustration with Easton for how he handled things. But I so very much wanted Easton to find his happiness again because I felt so much for him.

If you’ve ever seen the movie Return to Me (Duchovny,
Debra
I've only read one other m/m with this type of story, First Light, so I was eager to dig into this one. While this book didn't have the angsty emotional feels I thought it would, it was still an enjoyable, surprisingly sweet read.

Easton and River's romance may have been fated, a mysterious pull they both felt, even while Easton keeps his secret knowledge about River's donated heart. Aside from the mysterious pull, the two men have quite a lot in common and quickly build a friendship that leads
Rohit
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, dnf
DNF@57%

I get that every person’s struggle with loss is different. Of course I understand that there is no right way to handle pain and when you do find happiness, you wanna hold onto it. But given Easton’s personality, I really think that this big lie hanging on their heads was jarring for me. This novel is too perfect in every romantic aspect and it paces so seamlessly that I cringed a bit at how blaringly the author was trying to set up that big reveal in the end. It just seems hypocritical
Samantha Tucker
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book I've ever read!

Grab the tissues! This book will rip your heart out, stomp on it, and then gently pick it up and carefully place it back in your chest. I was two pages in and I was bawling. Thats right, the prologue made me cry. That said I absolutely loved this book.
KM Neuhold is one of my favorite authors and she absolutely did not disappoint with this book. From the fist page to the last the emotions were real and palpable. I could have sworn I was grieving a loved one
Addicted2M/M
3.5
Great concept. I loved River. Easton I had a harder time with. Tough situation, and much more serious than the author's other work. Looking forward to Brandon & Fox's story, though I hope it is a bit lighter.
Maria R.
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
In not sold

First off, full disclaimer I avoid grief-laden romances because I just don't want one of the guys to have to compete with the memory of the perfect one that passed away....so I'm not wholly unbiased about this storyline. On a strong plus... I also have to say the writing of this is excellent and very real. There were sweet moments, romance, and sex with connection. Great, right? Not completely.
My issues...There was such an imbalance in this relationship. River again was perfect...so
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
This book had me all in my feels. The prolog snagged me, and I was hooked after. This book is about grieving, both the loss of a loved one and of ones self. About healing and finding a new self, but most of all, finding love when you think it’s impossible. I shed a few tears with this one. Called my husband at work to make sure he knew just how much I love him. And made me remember that life isn’t guaranteed to us. So never take any moment of it for granted.

I’m so glad there will be a book
Amanda
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
What a great book! Doing a book like this with loss, life and and a love brought together by loss is hard to do and be believable.

Easton lost Paul 5 years ago to an accident. River needed a heart. Easton made the hardest decision any spouse should have to make and gave away his loves heart.

I love how this book was done. Easton got curious and wanted to make sure his late husbands heart went to someone worthy. He ended up meeting River who is an amazing man. He is kind and genuine. And Easton
Joyfully Jay
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Change of Heart is a sweet and romantic story about moving past grief and finding a second chance at love. At its root, this is a simple story about two men falling in love. While we know that Easton’s secret about Paul’s heart is a conflict waiting to strike, most of the book focuses on Easton and River’s developing relationship. It is a slow build as Easton comes to terms with the idea of finding love again after Paul. He has been living mostly in stasis for
K.R. Phoenix
Heat Level: 4

Epically beautiful!!

I know this story would grab my heart and it totally did! It shattered it and put it back together! Kyleen has a way with words and this journey through grief, life, love, and forgiveness; is so epically beautiful, both River, Easton (and Paul) will be in my heart forever!

This story follows a life-altering event for both River and Easton, through the outcomes are very different. 5 years later Easton is still grieving, living in a very grey world, and
Kristina
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by K.M. Neuhold - this one was a bit different than the others of hers that I've read, but it was still hot and addictive.

Easton had my attention from page one; his hurt and hopelessness twisted my heart. His journey out of the depression that took over his life after the death of his husband was something I don't think I have seen to that extent in a book, and KM did it so beautifully.

River was different than I expected from reading the blurb, but it made him so much more
Kelly
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Colors

I knew I wanted to read this, just based on the premise.
Easton's husband dies in a work accident, and a man named River receives the donor heart.
Five years later, Easton is still struggling to move on, he asks Fox, his best friend and a PI, to find River to see if he's worthy of Paul's heart. Easton doesn't intend to meet River, but is forced to interceded when River steps into oncoming traffic.

The whole thing is a rollercoaster. Easton's guilt as he becomes closer to and finds it harder
VVivacious
A ScatteredThoughtsandRogueWords Review. This review can also be found here.

When Easton’s husband, Paul, dies, he is absolutely devastated. How is he supposed to go on without the love of his life?

Five years later, Easton, still struggling in a world without Paul, comes across a letter written by the recipient of Paul’s heart. For the first time in five years, Easton wonders if River, the guy who got Paul’s heart, is worthy of it.

When Easton and River meet sparks fly. They can’t deny their
Lena Grey
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“...when your heart changes, you change, and you have to make new plans.” ~ Katherine Hannigan (Ida B… and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World)

For five years, Easton Harrison, of ‘Change of Heart’ by K.M. Neuhold, has mourned the loss of his husband, Paul. He has tried to reconcile his loss with thinking about what a good thing it is that Paul’s heart saved someone’s life, he can’t help but obsess about whether the person who got his heart deserves it.

Easton
Cee Brown
.•).•).•)
(.•I am one of those readers who run toward angst books. I get total enjoyment of second chance romances and fighting toward happy ever after. What what gets me even more, is secrets and lies that have be to overcome, even if it is to protect the other person.

Easton loved River's heart long before he ever met him, but is it possible he's falling in love with his mind and soul too?

Easton Harrison ...vowed to love his husband until death do they part. And then the worst happened. When
Toni
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was okay. As another reviewer mentioned, this story should have evoked so much emotion, and yet, not so much. I just couldn't really feel or connect to Easton. There were some sparks and moments where I thought okay now I can connect to this character but they were pretty short lived.

As for the angst I expected , we all knew what the big bad thing that was coming was, and that created some nice tension as we waited for it all to explode. And we waited. And waited. As the book progressed I
Laura-Anne Drewett
This book is so sweet, I could not put it down it was so sad, hopeful, heartbreaking, hot and beautiful. I loved River he is such a gentle, understanding, wise and loving guy I wish I knew him in real life lol Easton was so broken at the very beginning (and by that I meant the very first page!) that he really tugged at my heartstrings and had me on his side just hoping he could find the best way for him to make it to the other side of his grief. I loved their best friends Brandon and Fox and ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I didn’t really have high expectations about Change of Heart but I gave it a shot. Go me. I was surprised by the lack of high-drama while telling Easton and River’s sweet story. Basically Change of Heart is a quiet little book.
Silly Thoughts: Was it me or did K.M Neuhold use the word ‘Heart’ way too much?
My heart thumped out of ...
My heart skipped a...
My heart beats a little...
I made it a drinking game every time one of their hearts did something-sip my iced tea. Stay hydrated, hee,hee...
Wendy Ann
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Complicated doesn’t begin to describe the circumstances that bring MC’s Easton and River together. This had a ton of emotion to it (which I expected after reading the blurb). Easton’s grief was a palpable thing and River was about the best possible underdog in terms of someone you would want to root for. The story had some predictable angst surrounding the heart donor scenario. Lovely and exactly what I had hoped it would be!
Margie Watson
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grab your tissues...

What would you do if you met the man who has your dead husbands heart?? It was a interesting concept and K.M. Neuhold did a wonderful job of molding both MC's around the issue of organ donation. I loved that she didn't just give River a new heart and bam he was miraculously healed. Easton's struggle to move on after Paul's death was also well written. This book was a slow burn but well worth the time to get to the juicy. I highly recommend it!!!
Elizabeth
Better than I thought it was going to be. The premise is a little unorthodox and there are many times that it leaves you wondering if the MC's actually want to be with each other or is there a force beyond their control that just put them together because of the circumstances around them. It was weird at times but also sweet at times. The end felt rushed, like the author just wanted to tie everything up in a nice bow. Ok overall.
CrystalCat
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I know a new KM book is coming I always try to make sure that I have books I’m ok with coming back to...Change of Heart did not disappoint. It was touching and full of love. Easton and River made me feel for the first time in months. The questions this book asks are the hard ones. Are there soulmates and how fast is too fast?
Shannon
Really enjoyed this book even though it made me tear up almost constantly for the first part. Of course, I think Easton waited too long to tell River about the heart which kind of put a tenseness to the book but I loved being a part of their relationship. Watching Easton get his color back was lovely. Great read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
  • Long Way Home
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
  • The Last Text
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.
“There's no fate, only things that happen that we try to make sense of” 1 likes
“I don't think time heals a loss like this," he says. "I think over time you just learn how to live with the pain of it.” 0 likes