Start by marking “Second-Chance Sweet Shop” as Want to Read:
Second-Chance Sweet Shop

Second-Chance Sweet Shop

Can she cook up love?

Brand-new bakery owner Sasha Manning didn't anticipate that the teenager she hired would have such an attractive father. Back home after years away, Sasha still smarts from falling for a man who seemed too good to be true. Divorced single dad Dwight Adams will have to prove to Sasha that he's the real deal...and once again learn to trust someone with
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published December 17th 2019 by Harlequin Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about Second-Chance Sweet Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second-Chance Sweet Shop

Start your review of Second-Chance Sweet Shop
Storme
Yikes. What happened to this book? I was so thrilled when I saw the cover because I like interracial romance. I expected a super sweet romantic story, but I was bored with this by 50% I could barely finish it up.

Sasha returns to her hometown to open a bakery. She hires the daughter of the local dentist. They both have relationship issues. She got divorced from a famous country singer. He got divorced from his baby mama. Now they are in the same town and start spending time together. I didn’t
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and options are my own.

Content notes:
(view spoiler)
Tigger
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ending was rushed...last chapter was kind of unrealistic, but HOA
Stephanie
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, quick read! I read this as part of the 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge, “ a book with salty, sweet, bitter, or spicy in the title.”
Sydney
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book up until the last few chapters and then it was just rushed.
Ava Smith-forrest
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr Adams and Shasa

I am hooked on Wickham Falls no matter what happens in this in this small West Virginia town I'm there to witness it. Good read
KAREN MCCRAW
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WICKHAM FALLS

As usual I enjoyed my journey to Wickham Falls . Sasha and Dwight each found something they didn't know they were looking for or needed. Kiera was a delight.
Harlequin Books
Categories
Multicultural & Interracial Romance, African American Romance, Small Town & Rural Fiction, Contemporary Romance
Miniseries
Wickham Falls Weddings (Book #8)
Helen Williams
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New bakery owner Sasha Manning was totally not expecting that the teenager she hired would have such an attractive father. Now that she is back home after being away for years Sasha is still dealing with feelings from falling for a man who seemed too good to be true. Divorced single dad Dwight Adams will have to prove to Sasha that he is the real deal and he will also have to learn to trust someone with his heart along the way.
Michelle Lindo-Rice
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love Rochelle Alers work. This cover and title sounded so promising. But, Dwight and Sasha's romance lacked chemistry. I think it was because they were so doubtful the entire way through. One minute they wanted to be just friends and the next more. Then, they seemed to jump into love. I will continue to read more from this author.
Thank you, #Netgalley.
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
I really wanted to like this story, but the execution fell short. Sasha and Dwight had so much mistrust from their previous relationships that it kept interfering with their developing one and by the time the both did something about it...well, the ending was really rushed.

I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley/Harlequin and this is my honest review.
Bin Blogs Books
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-ebook
Nice sweet story. I read this during a rainy weekend, relaxing and sipping tea. This was a perfect pairing. Slow to start but worth it to continue.

Thanks NetGalley for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Heather Bennett
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! A sweet and touching love story with great characters you will really start to care about.
Dave Sloan
Dec 21, 2019
Michelle
Jan 23, 2020

• Duty or Desire
  • Husband Material: A Passionate Contemporary Romance (A Summer for Scandal)
  • Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • A Private Affair
  • Deeper Than Love (Brooks Family Book 6)
  • A Walk in the Park
  • All Fired Up
  • From Twinkle, with Love
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)
  • Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #1)
  • Our Stop
  • Captivated Hearts (HART SERIES Book 7)
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine #6)
  • Her Little Secret
  • Unchained Hearts (Harts of Arizona #5)
  • Chasing Hearts (Hart Series Book 6)
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in ...more