Start by marking “Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)

Of Curses and Kisses

(St. Rosetta's Academy #1)

From the New York Times bestselling author of When Dimple Met Rishi comes the first novel in a brand-new series set at an elite international boarding school, that’s a contemporary spin on Beauty and the Beast.

Will the princess save the beast?

For Princess Jaya Rao, nothing is more important than family. When the loathsome Emerson clan steps up their centuries-old feud to
Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Simon Pulse

Win a Copy of This Book

• Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
    Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
    Release date: Feb 18, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 25 advanced copies of OF CURSES AND KISSES by Sandhya Menon!

The first novel in a brand-new series set at an elite boar

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 2395 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 04 - Oct 18, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Jaime
    Feb 12, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased  ·  review of another edition
    “a spin on ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and follows an Indian princess who must con her worst enemy, a misanthropic British aristocrat, into falling in love with her in order to restore honor to her family”

This ticks all my boxes and is already on my most anticipated of 2020 list
    Ad Rocks Socks (semi hiatus)
    Why I am excited about this book:
    - Retelling of Beauty & The Beast with an Indian MC!
    - interracial couple
    - themes of colonialism
    - set in a boarding school (say what)

I want an ARC so badly, sigh.
    priya
    Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    the cover is stunning
    Taylor (Frayed Books)
    This was such a magical and unique retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

I absolutely loved it! As with all of Menon’s books, she captures the characters in a way that makes you feel like you’re right there in the story.

Full review to come release week (February 2020) on Frayed Books!
    Dia
    Feb 13, 2019 marked it as 2020-releases  ·  review of another edition

oh my god, the concept for this one is so cool
    Amairo
    Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: read-in-2019
    I loved it. It was really good retelling, but also sweet story by itself. Full review to come later.
    Molina
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites, ya
    *4.25 (Full review below - spoilers have been hidden!)

Grey nodded, his intense gaze never leaving her face.

Jaya took a drink, not because she was thirsty, but because his eyes, those wild eyes, all storms and thunder and crashing waves, unnerved her. Normal people didn’t look at you like that.

OHHHH Where do I begin?
    If you're looking for another one of Sandhya Menon's light-hearted, feel-good, whirlwind, romance novels with strong, diverse characters, easy to read dialogue, drama, family iss
    Booklover925
    Oct 04, 2019 is currently reading it
    10.4.19 Wow, I am already in love with this book and I'm not even halfway through. Sandhya Menon's prose is so vivid and I feel like I'm at St. Rosetta's Academy with the characters.
    Ashlee
    Aug 02, 2019 marked it as i-need-it-now  ·  review of another edition
    Omg y'all, THE COVER!!! So excited for this one.
    Sara
    Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019, romance, young-adult
    Super cute. Nothing mind-blowing here, just an adorable enemies-to-lovers fairy-tale retelling. I liked how Jaya was kind of controlling and a rule-follower since I was the exact opposite of that as a teen (and now). Also, the female friendships in this book, whilst often not passing the Bechdel test, still subvert many of the cliched ideas of what it means to be a friend and choosing sides and being loyal and all that gobshite. It was cool to see a little bit of nuance in there where the "bitch ...more
    Kalie
    Reading a novel from Sandhya Menon feels very much like the literary equivalent of wrapping yourself up with a warm blanket and staying within that cozy cocoon long after you finish. Her stories exude that kind of warmth and joy. While I wish I had loved OF CURSES AND KISSES more than I did (though, I did appreciate that tackling a fairytale retelling feels like a refreshing departure and I loved that), it's full of Menon's trademark charm that makes me keep picking up her books again and again.
    Nicole
    Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I’ll write a review later, but for now I just want to say I LOVE THIS BOOK! A wonderful take on Beauty & the Beast. It is perfection.
    Jessie May
    Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Sandhya Menon writes some of the swooniest YA romances out there, plus she always features such a diverse cast of characters! Of Curses and Kisses, was no exception. I loved the characters, the boarding school setting, and the Beauty and the Beast retelling. Read this book, and get ready to be whisked away to a magical and mysterious boarding school nestled in the Colorado mountains!
    prabhleen
    Aug 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    retelling of beauty and the beast? indian princess mc?? BROODING white boy???? PLEASE...sandhya menon...simon pulse...i need this book asap😭😭😭
    Lauren R.
    3.5 stars. I'm sad. Yes, it's 80% a case of "it's not you, it's me" with this book. I was overly excited and put it on too high of a pedestal, assuming it would be perfection, so I was almost bound to be disappointed. I do think the pacing was off for this one, with not much happening in the first 40% or so, but there are other issues that are more on MY end of things. I recently have been reading more royal-related books, but one thing that has always annoyed me (and is the reason I've avoided ...more
    Pâmela da Silva Lima
    Sandhya Menon, you guys. She have this power of creating complex, powerful and sensitive main characters. Jaya Rao is no different. Even when I didn't liked her opinios or actions, I still loved her. Such a strong, smart and kind girl.
    When I read the synopsis I thought I wouldn't like Grey. I don't know, I'm not for the misterious, tall, brooding YA hero. But I felt in love, of course. I love his story, his drama and his evolution.
    In general, all the second characters are loveable. Isha is the l
    Briana Urban
    Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was such a cute Beauty and the Beast inspired retelling, with a fun contemporary setting at an elite international boarding school. It had all the elements of the fairy tale (library, rose, dancing, etc) but incorporated in such an innovative way. I loved seeing Jaya and Grey come together, although at times I just wanted to shake Jaya and tell her "You're allowed to be happy! Your whole life doesn't have to follow tradition!" I was also highly amused by Jaya thinking Grey was a "feral boy" ...more
    OtherworldlyYA
    6/16/19
    Yeeesss!!!!!!! This is the kind of book I was waiting for - a Beauty and the Beast retelling where the protagonists are two different races and colonialism is at play (okay, yes I've read Spirited by Nancy Holder, but it's still on the shorter side compared to other novels). I will say, I was surprised the story's setting would be in a boarding school, but Menon does a great job at writing stories with school settings, so I have faith in her. Mostly I'm interested in how she'll write a fa
    Kat
    Thank you to Edelweiss and Simon Pulse for the opportunity to read and review Of Curses and Kisses.
    What a pure delight to read! I have to say this isn't my favorite of her books, but Sandhya Menon can write and keep the reader engaged. I recommend all her books and this one is no different. I enjoy a good retelling re-imagined. Beauty and the Beast was a interesting choice, but I liked the characters and the new take on the plot.
    #OfCursesandKisses
    Zoe
    Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    I looooved the premise of this YA novel - retelling of Beauty and the Beast in an elite private school? Exactly the kind of trashy stuff I love to gobble up! Unfortunately I found the dialogue and plot to be stilted and melodramatic (I know it's YA but come on!) None of the characters were very fleshed out, and overall I was disappointed in what seemed to me to be a poor execution of a brilliant idea.
    Emma's Book Nook
    I love beauty and the beast and I was so excited for this book! I was able to read a ARC and it did not disappoint! I have read a lot of B&B retellings and this one is up in my top 3! The characters are so fun and I can’t wait to read more about them!
    Erin
    Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Clearly haven’t read the full story, but read the first 5 chapters from my sample booklet and it’s going to be amazing!!!! Royals plus boarding school??? YES PLEASE! Can’t wait for this book to come out!!
    Kenzah Faruq
    Jun 21, 2019 marked it as not-out-yet-tbr  ·  review of another edition
    An Indian retelling of The Beauty and the Beast??? Yess please!! This is definitely my most anticipated release of next year.

Also I don't why there's a 2.00 rating for this like it's not even out yet and it's not written by SJM or Cassie Clare
    Emmah
    Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020
    I was given an ARC for review, because I am a part of Sandhya's street team.

While I enjoyed this book, the pacing was a bit too slow. And the book ended kind of abruptly. I think it should've had an epilogue.
    biconique - s&b tv series stan since 2 oct. 2019
    no one:
    me: omG did i hear "beauty & the beast" retelling??????
    Ilina
    Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I loved it!!! Full review (hopefully) coming soon!
    Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arcs
    I wish I could give it 3.5 stars - I liked it, but the end felt super rushed.
    Aradhna Kaur
    Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fairytales, romance
    This was everything I expected and more. I love so much.

Full review to come.
    Perusing YA
    Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    OF CURSES AND KISSES kicks off Menon's new fairytale retellings trilogy, St. Rosetta's Academy, with a contemporary spin on BATB. It's sweet, romantic, funny, and features a beautiful diverse cast of characters. Get ready to be charmed by Jaya and Grey!
    Sara
    Feb 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Just want to read so bad *makes gimme hands*
    Sandhya Menon is the New York Times bestselling author of several novels with lots of kissing, girl power, and swoony boys. Her books have been featured in several cool places, including on The Today Show, Teen Vogue, NPR Book Review, Buzzfeed, and Seventeen. A full-time dog servant and part-time writer, she makes her home in the foggy mountains of Colorado.

St. Rosetta's Academy (3 books)
    • Untitled (St. Rosetta's Academy #2)
    • Untitled (St. Rosetta's Academy #3)