Start by marking “Deceitful” as Want to Read:
Deceitful

Deceitful

As a bestselling author, Marlowe strives to live the simple life while saving the intense storylines for her readers. So far, she’s succeeded...

Until she wakes up one day in a cabin she doesn’t recognize. A year is missing from her memory, and the man serving her breakfast? That’s Nate, long-time boyfriend she just dumped. Or so she thought.

While Nate has all of the perfec
271 pages
Published June 21st 2019 by Cruel Ink Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Deceitful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceitful

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description 3.5 Stars

Books like this are the reason I love to try new or new (to me) authors. I liked this one a lot. Was it perfect? No. The writing was a little clunky and hard to get into at the start. However, I soon found myself drawn into the story. The plot itself was quite original. The characters intriguing (although the heroine was seriously TSTL at times...lol). The first 60% built up the suspense and I was flipping pages like a crazy person. The last 40% made a turn into rushed far-fetched land
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~ Jess

This is a hard book to review. The idea was really interesting and the story really grabbed my attention. There were twists and turns and I was completely into it. Marlowe has a mystery to figure out and it will be anything but simple.

This book was certainly twisty but there were some pieces that were a bit too far-reaching and at times the story felt clunky. But still, I couldn't put it down. I needed to see what the secrets were and I needed to see how or if it would work out.
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really conflicted on how to rate this story to be honest. There were a few minor details that just didn't make sense but I won't be naming them because it would be spoilers, and Deceitful is a suspenseful thriller cover to cover. But when push came to shove, at the end of the day, I couldn't deny that I was turning the pages as quickly as humanly possible as I was so into the story, plus the new to me Victoria Ellis totally shocked the hell out of me with the big reveal, basically beating ...more
Christine C
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap what a book.

A good psychological suspense novel keeps you questioning everything, and this one definitely does that. Marlowe wakes up with a headache, apparently married to the boyfriend she dumped last night which is now over a year ago. He has answers for all of her questions and logical explanations for the lack of photos, but her instincts tell her that something is very wrong. What follows is such a mindfuck that the reader doesn’t even know what to believe. Is she believable? Is
Janey G.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Holy CRAP did I love this book. It kept me entertained from start to end and I honestly can say it is one of my top 5 from the year so far.

The book is incredibly suspenseful and takes you into the mind of a very likable MC, Lo. There are things that are maybe far-fetched to some but that is what a book is! They are allowed to be! I loved getting into the twisted dark side of a domestic relationship. Ending was open-ended and
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is certainly an author to look out for in the future! This story had me struggling to connect from the beginning, but I am glad I did not give up, as once my attention was snagged I had to finish the novel. This is a dark and twisted story, which has suspense, with intriguing characters and plot. The ending of this story is very open ended, so I am not sure if there is a continuation, however, I look forward to reading more from this author, and recommend for all.
Linda
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ms. Ellis is a new author for me. This book has a lot for me to recommend. I loved the plot! As a reviewer, you really cannot say a lot about it, without having to mark it a spoiler alert. I think I could have used more character back ground, however, since it ends rather open ended, I wonder if there is a plan for book two, where we do learn more? Ultimately, Ms. Ellis entertained me enough that I'll be looking for more by her.
Geri
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and while I do not rate books much or leave reviews I am constantly reading and Deceitful caught my attention from start to finish. Great new author. Really dig this one. Sinners' Retreat was awesome, too. I *think* that was her 1st. But not positive. Anyways, pick it up! Won't be disappointed!
Christine Woinich
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read. Some parts were predictable, yet others surprised me. I don't want to give anything away so all I will add is Marlowe had one heck of a time figuring this out with an unanswered question of an ending. It did keep me turning pages.

I received a copy this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Caitlin Foland
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every bit of this book! The writing is soooo good.... keeps you guessing the whole time. You don’t know what to believe and who to trust.
Jecca
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~ Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty& Flirty
Victoria Ellis
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Courtney
rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2019