Start by marking “The Little Village of Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Little Village of Happiness

The Little Village of Happiness

Fall head-over-heels in love with the beautiful new novel from bestselling author Holly Martin and let The Little Village of Happiness warm your heart and make your spirits soar.

Willow McKay needs a fresh start. Her recent break-up may not have left her heartbroken but it’s certainly wounded her pride. Desperate to escape the whispers and stares of her town’s gossips, an a
Published July 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Little Village of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Village of Happiness

Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Willow McKay has had a recent break-up. She is not exactly heartbroken, but she really needed a fresh start. When she sees an enticing ad, she decides to uproot her life and start anew in a picturesque village called Happiness. However, when she arrives she discovers that the village is far from gorgeous. As a matter of fact, it is falling apart and doesn't even have a lot of residents.

Meeting the new estate manager, Andrew Harrington, a man she is definitely drawn to, slowly
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin is a romantic genius - what an absolute gem of a book this is.

I mean you know you are onto a winner, when you meet Willow, who has decided on a whim to relocate her life to a little Cornish village. It's a privately owned village that is trying to bring itself back to be a full thriving community, with the best name ever - Happiness.

That's right the setting for this book is literally a picturesque village called Happiness, what more could you want.

Well how about a village handyma
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
Another corker of a book by the wonderful Holly Martin. Holly is my go to for an easy feel good read and I was hooked from the first chapter of her new book The Little Village of Happiness. I loved it!

If someone offered you a year of living rent free in a beautiful village would you take it? Willow McKay grabbed this opportunity of a fresh start with both hands, after a recent break up Willow decides a new beginning is in order and packs her bags and heads to the beautiful Cornish coast. The adv
Silke
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
You are probably thinking, of course it is a Holly Martin book, she loved it. And I did... but this one took some time to grow on me.  With other books by Holly I am mostly captivated by the story from the very first lines... The Little Village of Happiness took me a while longer to really connect with.

I think the location plays a big part in my "connection" problems and I keep on wondering if Holly did it on purpose.  In the story we follow Willow to a privatly owned village on the Cornish coas
Elaine
I absolutely loved this - it put a smile on my face from start to finish! Mind you, that's what I usually find with books by this talented author - I've loved all that I've read by her.

After seeing an advert offering free accommodation and a shop for a year in the village of Happiness, Willow just couldn't resist. However, when she arrives she's disappointed to discover so much of the village is abandoned, dilapidated and in dire need of a makeover. The cottage she's been given, however is delig
Shelleen Toland
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow got engaged one day and the next day her fiance broke it off. But she wasn't heartbroken and realized it was for the best. But with everyone giving her pity and feeling bad for her she decides to take off and start a new life. She read about Village of Happiness and decided it sounded good and the pics looked great, Rent is free for 1 year and she decided to expand her online candle business into a store. But when Willow gets there she is in for a surprise. It is all in ruins.
Then she mee
Helen Leecy
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a heartwarming and feel-good book. It is filled with happiness, but there are some hold back the tears moments too.
Willow McKay needs a fresh start and jumps at the chance of 12 months rent-free living in a little village on the Cornish coast. The Village of Happiness is just what she needs to mend her broken heart and revive her life. However, all is not what it seems, and she is brought back to earth with a bump on arriving at her new start life. Happiness needs to be injected int
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf

Ah Holly, you've go and done it again. How easily you make me fall in love with yet another wonderful town its colourful characters.

Willow must be one of my favourite female leads in a romance novel to date. She has a great sense of humor that had me smiling throughout and a very loving and caring nature. Something about her just made me click with her instantly. I'm usually head of over heals for Holly's male leads after just a couple of chapters.
Joanne D'Arcy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow needs to start again with her life and what better place than somewhere called Happiness.

The little village in Cornwall needs people and in return for a years free rent for both accommodation and shop, Willow sees it as the perfect opportunity to escape from the gossip of her town and to lick her wounds from being dumped the day after getting engaged.

However, Happiness is not all it seems.

The advertisement was far from the truth, crumbling cottages, unkempt gardens and not a very frien
Dash fan
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5☆ A Heart Warming, Uplifting Summer Page Turner!

The Little Village of Happiness is a gorgeous feel good uplifting, warm, story that you won't want to put down!

I adore Holly's books and once again she has written a Gem of a book with loveable characters.
I have just come home from a holiday in Cornwall and this was the perfect holiday read!

Willow is recovering from a break up, and what better way to get over her Ex than with a new project.
Which happens to come around just at the right time.

Wil
Karen Mace
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just blooming delightful!! One of those books that you totally lose yourself in and a book set in Happiness that just brings oodles of happiness to the reader!!

Willow is in need of a new start in life! So when she sees an advert for a rent free cottage in an idyllic location,she can't say no! The village (Happiness) is trying to revive itself so are giving people the opportunity to live there and hopefully like what they see! She's a bit shocked on first appearances as all doesn't seem to what i
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
After reading, reviewing and falling in love with The Summer of Chasing Dreams I was delighted to be asked to join the blog tour for The Little Village of Happiness and I'm so pleased that I did as Holly has once again written a novel that gave me all the fuzzies.

Sick of being the local pity case, Willow ups sticks and moves to a village in Cornwall called Happiness with the offer of free rent in return for bringing something to the run down and broken village.  Within a week, Willow has made ne
Whispering Stories
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Willow McKay recently broke up with her boyfriend Garry after four years together. She’s not upset that they split but more humiliated by the local resident’s reaction to the news and the pity looks they keep giving her. Needing to get away she sees an offer for a year’s free rent and a shop in the ‘Village of Happiness’, an offer to good to miss.

Willow packs her bags and her car and heads to the village but when she arrives it looks nothing like the lea
Kristin's Novel Cafe
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I already know my review is not going to do this book justice, but I’m going to try. From the cover until the last word, I was captivated with the Little Village of Happiness!

Welcome to the quaint, whimsical town of Happiness. Entering into the town is Willow, a woman moving on from a recent breakup. In exchange of providing her services (candlemaking) she is provided with a free place to live for a year. The place to live is a small village on the coast called Happiness. A once booming town tha
Hannah Read
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think Holly Martin would be able to write a book I loved more than her previous one, The Summer Of Chasing Dreams, but she's gone and done it!

The Little Village Of Happiness is another wonderfully cosy book that'll have you hooked from the very beginning. Main character Willow decides on a whim to move to a "village in progress", packing everything up and leaving her old life behind. Unfortunately the village isn't the haven she needed, however she gets more than she bargained for when
Sascha
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

I’ve said it before, I am a sucker for British romance novels set it small villages, probably in the same way that I am for those set in small American towns. You get to know a wonderful cast of characters besides being front and center to a sensual romance.

For much of The Little Village of Happiness, Holly Martin owned my attention. I loved this ramshackle village on the Cornish coast and I enjoyed, for the most part, Willow’s character.

However, the novel dragged at times with perhap
Steph Lawrence
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again I’m saying this is my favourite Holly Martin book.
I truly loved this story. I completely fell in love with the characters and the location, all so fabulously described that I felt like I was there and living in a little flowery cottage in Happiness!
When Willow upped sticks and moved to Happiness it wasn’t what she expected. The marketing material she’d seen painted a totally different picture in her mind than the reality of the shabby village. Had she made a big mistake?
Cue Andrew, th
Kelly Thomas
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Holly Martin and am so grateful for the opportunity to have been able to read this ahead of publication. (Publication 5th July)

I was completely absorbed into this story from the very beginning. I felt from the start that I was right there in the village of Happiness.

I loved the characters of Willow and Andrew, especially Andrew. I liked the fact that he was so relatable, as well as making people aware of a condition that most probably don’t have much understanding of. They had
Sharon
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book introduces us to the little village of Happiness, situated in the grounds of an old castle on the Cornish coast. With its ramshackle cottages and ruined castle, this village doesn’t just need a lot of tender loving care but also some villagers to live in the cottages and work in shops. When the owners of the village offer cottages rent free for a year to bring people back to the village, Willow McKay thinks it the perhaps opportunity for a fresh start.

Every time I read a book by this
Kelly
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a gem of a book, I love Holly Martin's books and this story was superb.

As soon as you start the book you meet the lovely Willow who has packed her life up into her car to live in the village called Happiness for a year. She is an impulsive character who is excited yet fearful of the plunge she has just taken to relocate her life.

I loved the characters in this story, it has a brilliant selection of personalities and you feel like you know all of them personally as the story progresses.

I f
Clare Perry
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melena Torretta
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
I had forgotten how much I enjoy Holly Martin's books, but The Little Village of Happiness has made me want to go and read them all!

It was so easy to fall in love with Willow and Andrew and the village and its inhabitants. Willow is looking for a fresh start and moves to a new home and plans to open her own business. She meets Andrew and they quickly form a bond. Willow isn't sure, though, if she's ready to start a new relationship and Andrew isn't sure if he's ready to open up.

This book does ha
Simona
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

We follow Willow McKay he is desperate for a fresh start and hopes to find it in a village called Happiness. Happiness is located on the Cornish coast, has a castle and looks very pretty on adverts. She is surprised however, when she arrives it’s not like she’d imagined. Maybe the adverts were a bit misleading.

Willow is a candle maker and I really liked her from the start. She has a bubbly personality and I loved following her aroun
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Holly for my copy of this book and for letting me take part in this tour. I love Holly's writing and I just had to read her latest book.

In this story, we follow Willow as she finds her feet in her new home. Willow is in need of a fresh start and has just moved to Happiness. Happiness is a sm
Megan
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘I think, sometimes, you meet someone who is worth breaking all the rules for.’ He pulled back slightly to look her in the eyes. ‘And sometimes you meet someone who is worth waiting for however long it takes for them to realise it too.’

AND

‘I think I’d wait an eternity for you Willow McKay.’

... are the reasons why I love a Holly Martin book!!!

Holly KNOWS how to write the swoony, romantic heroes that you cannot help but fall in love with! They know the perfect things to say and do! She also wr
Stacey
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always get so excited when I start a new Holly Martin novel. There's a sense of magic and pure romance and when you read them you feel all warm and cosy inside. They're quick and easy to read stories which I always find myself enjoying and not able to put it down! This one in particular caught my interest as I loved the books title and also the synopsis sounded really interesting, as well as this I thought the cover was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't wait to get stuck in!

I thought that th
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Holly Martin book, but it definitely won't be my last! Holly created a world where her characters just drew you in and made it so hard to leave. There was just the perfect amount of conflict, and seeing Andrew deal with his challenges was written perfectly. I loved Willow and how brave she was to pack up and moved to a new place and start her new life! I can't wait to read the next book, The Gift of Happiness!
Jenn Webley
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin has given us such a wonderful treat with this book – a lovely, summer read that will leave you wanting more. I smiled all the way through, it is SUCH an aptly name book. Isn’t Happiness the most perfect village name – all you can imagine is everyone being lovely, kind and full of smiles.
I love the characters that Holly writes. Willow is my kind of girl, following her instincts and relocating on a whim. She finds that all may not be as it seems in the village she’d seen advertised. S
Mrs Elizabeth A Booth
Enjoyable Read.

Lovely Book, thoughtfully written and funny, made me smile.
I can thoroughly recommend this book. Holly Martin always has a good storyline in her books. Looking forward to her next one in October.
Faye Beard
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I would definitely recommend this fabulous book. I couldn't put it down. I ended up staying up until 2am to finish it. Loved it. Worth 5 *****
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more