Start by marking “The Little Village of Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Little Village of Happiness

The Little Village of Happiness

(The Little Village of Happiness #1)

Fall head-over-heels in love with the beautiful new novel from bestselling author Holly Martin and let The Little Village of Happiness warm your heart and make your spirits soar.

Willow McKay needs a fresh start. Her recent break-up may not have left her heartbroken but it’s certainly wounded her pride. Desperate to escape the whispers and stares of her town’s gossips, an
Published July 5th 2019 by Sunshine, Seaside & Sparkles (first published June 18th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Village of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Village of Happiness

Start your review of The Little Village of Happiness
Nicola
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

It’s been a while since I picked up a Holly Martin book and The Little Village of Happiness is up there as one of my favourites from her.

description I think, sometimes, you meet someone who is worth breaking all the rules for. And sometimes you meet someone who is worth waiting for however long it takes for them to realise it too.”

With every ingredient you could possibly want from a summer romance, from humour to passion and a smattering of drama, this is one of those books that just leaves you
Dash fan
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 A Heart Warming, Uplifting Summer Page Turner!

The Little Village of Happiness is a gorgeous feel good uplifting, warm, story that you won't want to put down!

I adore Holly's books and once again she has written a Gem of a book with loveable characters.
I have just come home from a holiday in Cornwall and this was the perfect holiday read!

Willow is recovering from a break up, and what better way to get over her Ex than with a new project.
Which happens to come around just at the right time.

Whispering Stories
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Willow McKay recently broke up with her boyfriend Garry after four years together. She’s not upset that they split but more humiliated by the local resident’s reaction to the news and the pity looks they keep giving her. Needing to get away she sees an offer for a year’s free rent and a shop in the ‘Village of Happiness’, an offer to good to miss.

Willow packs her bags and her car and heads to the village but when she arrives it looks nothing like the
Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Willow McKay has had a recent break-up. She is not exactly heartbroken, but she really needed a fresh start. When she sees an enticing ad, she decides to uproot her life and start anew in a picturesque village called Happiness. However, when she arrives she discovers that the village is far from gorgeous. As a matter of fact, it is falling apart and doesn't even have a lot of residents.

Meeting the new estate manager, Andrew Harrington, a man she is definitely drawn to, slowly
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin is a romantic genius - what an absolute gem of a book this is.

I mean you know you are onto a winner, when you meet Willow, who has decided on a whim to relocate her life to a little Cornish village. It's a privately owned village that is trying to bring itself back to be a full thriving community, with the best name ever - Happiness.

That's right the setting for this book is literally a picturesque village called Happiness, what more could you want.

Well how about a village
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
Another corker of a book by the wonderful Holly Martin. Holly is my go to for an easy feel good read and I was hooked from the first chapter of her new book The Little Village of Happiness. I loved it!

If someone offered you a year of living rent free in a beautiful village would you take it? Willow McKay grabbed this opportunity of a fresh start with both hands, after a recent break up Willow decides a new beginning is in order and packs her bags and heads to the beautiful Cornish coast. The
Kelly Thomas
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Holly Martin and am so grateful for the opportunity to have been able to read this ahead of publication. (Publication 5th July)

I was completely absorbed into this story from the very beginning. I felt from the start that I was right there in the village of Happiness.

I loved the characters of Willow and Andrew, especially Andrew. I liked the fact that he was so relatable, as well as making people aware of a condition that most probably don’t have much understanding of. They had
Melanie’s reads
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Holly’s books as a break from all the psychological thrillers I usually read. You need a little light when you are surrounded by dark after all. But this is like a sports arena’s floodlight, banishing all darkness and filling you with absolute joy.

Not only is the setting quaint and charming, the villagers are delightful. How could I not fall in love with Happiness alongside the wonderful Willow.

And as for Andrew the handyman, the chemistry between him and Willow sings off the
Silke
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
You are probably thinking, of course it is a Holly Martin book, she loved it. And I did... but this one took some time to grow on me. With other books by Holly I am mostly captivated by the story from the very first lines... The Little Village of Happiness took me a while longer to really connect with.

I think the location plays a big part in my "connection" problems and I keep on wondering if Holly did it on purpose. In the story we follow Willow to a privatly owned village on the Cornish coast
Nicola Clough
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't rate this book enough it a brilliant and fantastic read and didn't want it to end as so brilliant. Such a heartwarming read and full of romance and plenty of happiness and friendship all set in a beautiful countryside and you believe you are transported there as so amazing. Worth far more than five stars and highly recommend anyone to read this.
Amber has split from her boyfriend and needs a fresh start she sees an advert to have a cottage in Cornwall free for a year and she can run her
Stacey
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always get so excited when I start a new Holly Martin novel. There's a sense of magic and pure romance and when you read them you feel all warm and cosy inside. They're quick and easy to read stories which I always find myself enjoying and not able to put it down! This one in particular caught my interest as I loved the books title and also the synopsis sounded really interesting, as well as this I thought the cover was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't wait to get stuck in!

I thought that
Kylie
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it

Look, if you want a romantic story which is pretty much set out from the start, with insta love, which they keep going on about how it has only been a week but they can't help it, with way more sex scenes than I ever expected this to have (which felt wrong, in so many ways, almost like catching your parents at it), with absolutely nothing unexpected at all, with no actual problems in the story to make interesting arcs, and your standard collection of supporting small village characters,
Elaine
I absolutely loved this - it put a smile on my face from start to finish! Mind you, that's what I usually find with books by this talented author - I've loved all that I've read by her.

After seeing an advert offering free accommodation and a shop for a year in the village of Happiness, Willow just couldn't resist. However, when she arrives she's disappointed to discover so much of the village is abandoned, dilapidated and in dire need of a makeover. The cottage she's been given, however is
Megan
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘I think, sometimes, you meet someone who is worth breaking all the rules for.’ He pulled back slightly to look her in the eyes. ‘And sometimes you meet someone who is worth waiting for however long it takes for them to realise it too.’

AND

‘I think I’d wait an eternity for you Willow McKay.’

... are the reasons why I love a Holly Martin book!!!

Holly KNOWS how to write the swoony, romantic heroes that you cannot help but fall in love with! They know the perfect things to say and do! She also
Hannah Read
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think Holly Martin would be able to write a book I loved more than her previous one, The Summer Of Chasing Dreams, but she's gone and done it!

The Little Village Of Happiness is another wonderfully cosy book that'll have you hooked from the very beginning. Main character Willow decides on a whim to move to a "village in progress", packing everything up and leaving her old life behind. Unfortunately the village isn't the haven she needed, however she gets more than she bargained for when
Shelleen Toland
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow got engaged one day and the next day her fiance broke it off. But she wasn't heartbroken and realized it was for the best. But with everyone giving her pity and feeling bad for her she decides to take off and start a new life. She read about Village of Happiness and decided it sounded good and the pics looked great, Rent is free for 1 year and she decided to expand her online candle business into a store. But when Willow gets there she is in for a surprise. It is all in ruins.
Then she
Simona
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

We follow Willow McKay he is desperate for a fresh start and hopes to find it in a village called Happiness. Happiness is located on the Cornish coast, has a castle and looks very pretty on adverts. She is surprised however, when she arrives it’s not like she’d imagined. Maybe the adverts were a bit misleading.

Willow is a candle maker and I really liked her from the start. She has a bubbly personality and I loved following her
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Holly for my copy of this book and for letting me take part in this tour. I love Holly's writing and I just had to read her latest book.

In this story, we follow Willow as she finds her feet in her new home. Willow is in need of a fresh start and has just moved to Happiness. Happiness is a
Jackie King
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh this is a real feel good book, loved the characters and storyline, cant wait to read the next book by the author. This book had me hooked almost from the first page and I didn't want to put it down, I was caught up in their story.
Jennifer Hobbs
Liked the happiness parts of this but felt there could have been more to the story. Was almost a short story and needed more depth of character in places. Romance is nice but it was disappointing to finish when there seemed like there was a lot more story to tell
Sheri Lynn Bourne  Avis
Uug. Predictable and preteen mentality Waste of time to read. Disappointing and dumb.

Sooooo long and drawn out. Soooo unnecessary not a fan of this author. Will not read another book by her.
Kara Mayfield
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Very light & fluffy but became quite ridiculous.
Sascha
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

I’ve said it before, I am a sucker for British romance novels set it small villages, probably in the same way that I am for those set in small American towns. You get to know a wonderful cast of characters besides being front and center to a sensual romance.

For much of The Little Village of Happiness, Holly Martin owned my attention. I loved this ramshackle village on the Cornish coast and I enjoyed, for the most part, Willow’s character.

However, the novel dragged at times with
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf

Ah Holly, you've go and done it again. How easily you make me fall in love with yet another wonderful town its colourful characters.

Willow must be one of my favourite female leads in a romance novel to date. She has a great sense of humor that had me smiling throughout and a very loving and caring nature. Something about her just made me click with her instantly. I'm usually head of over heals for Holly's male leads after just a couple of chapters.
Joanne D'Arcy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow needs to start again with her life and what better place than somewhere called Happiness.

The little village in Cornwall needs people and in return for a years free rent for both accommodation and shop, Willow sees it as the perfect opportunity to escape from the gossip of her town and to lick her wounds from being dumped the day after getting engaged.

However, Happiness is not all it seems.

The advertisement was far from the truth, crumbling cottages, unkempt gardens and not a very friendly
Sandra
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read quite a few of Holly’s books and like the style and storylines so I did expect to enjoy this one. However, my level of expectation didn’t match reality….. I loved this book! It was such a warm and joyous tale of starting over, trying something new and taking a chance on a leap into he unknown. So many of us stagnate because we are scared to risk, scared of change, so it was lovely and refreshing to read something about someone realising that they wanted to change their life and went ...more
Karen Mace
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just blooming delightful!! One of those books that you totally lose yourself in and a book set in Happiness that just brings oodles of happiness to the reader!!

Willow is in need of a new start in life! So when she sees an advert for a rent free cottage in an idyllic location,she can't say no! The village (Happiness) is trying to revive itself so are giving people the opportunity to live there and hopefully like what they see! She's a bit shocked on first appearances as all doesn't seem to what
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
After reading, reviewing and falling in love with The Summer of Chasing Dreams I was delighted to be asked to join the blog tour for The Little Village of Happiness and I'm so pleased that I did as Holly has once again written a novel that gave me all the fuzzies.

Sick of being the local pity case, Willow ups sticks and moves to a village in Cornwall called Happiness with the offer of free rent in return for bringing something to the run down and broken village. Within a week, Willow has made new
Wendy Irving
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet summer dream of a romance

This is a nostalgic summer romance that is cute and has a bit of depth to it as well. The leading characters are engaging; the secondary characters are not given much time on the page, but they add to the story. There are moments of connection worth savoring, and others that are skimmed over too quickly by the author. The pacing is fairly quick with minimal time spent with the characters at odds, which could be considered anticlimactic, but the story is a warm,
Heather
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly Martin is one of my favourite authors. Her books are always somewhere blissful to escape too, especially on the summer days that don't match up to the summer name!

The Village of Happiness was no exception, beautifully written with relateable characters and a setting that made even me want to pack up my bags and escape for a year.

When Willow wants to get away from her current situation she jumps head first into a dream that she has seen on a poster... Happiness, a village where she can live
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part One: A Reunion
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Four: Starry Skies
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Three: Christmas
  • The Bookshop of Hopes and Dreams (Hope Cove #6)
  • Escape To...Berry Grove Bed & Breakfast
  • The Bistro by Watersmeet Bridge
  • The Little Village on the Hill
  • Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • Secret Wishes and Summer Kisses on Lily Pond Lane
  • Bonfires & Hot Chocolate at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 7)
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 6)
  • Christmas at the Little Cottage by the Sea: A heart-warming festive romance
  • Summer at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • A Summer of New Beginnings
  • Return to Port Agnes: A Cornish Midwives Novel
  • Villa of Sun and Secrets: A warm escapist read that will keep you guessing
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

The Little Village of Happiness (2 books)
  • The Gift of Happiness