Start by marking “Blythe Court: Romance With a Kiss of Suspense” as Want to Read:
Blythe Court: Romance With a Kiss of Suspense

Blythe Court: Romance With a Kiss of Suspense

"A wonderfully heartbreaking read that serves a powerful lesson on love." 4.5 Crowned Heart of Excellence InD'Tale Magazine  Ann Seddon knew at an early age that her aristocratic parents would arrange an advantageous match on her behalf. Nuptials of convenience blended family fortunes and kept bloodlines pure. When her parents suggest John Broadhurst, the Marquess of Dorch ...more
Published June 6th 2019 by Red Brick Media

To ask other readers questions about Blythe Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blythe Court

Start your review of Blythe Court: Romance With a Kiss of Suspense
JP
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This story really took my by surprise! I loved it and I loved Ann. The writing was very good and I fell right into the story. John was very handsome and mysterious and I wanted to know more about him.
And then......and then...it happened! I was so upset I wanted to throw my kindle across the room! I couldn’t put it down and I had to know how it would end.
I hope you read it. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

What I loved:
• Ann and her determination to love.
• The Writ
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, booksirens
3.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I hope you read it. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

What I loved:
• Ann and her determination to love.
• The
Space Cowgirl
May 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Secrets Cause Nothing But Heartache💔
ADULT Historical Victorian Romance💕 with Attempted Murder💀

An arranged marriage👰leaves both people not really communicating. Also a previous love stands in the way of happiness.

The book is written in first person, entirely from the viewpoint of Ann💃💋, the new wife👰 of John🐺🍆⛲, a Marquess, and heir to the Duke of Dorset. We know nothing of what John🐺🍆⛲ thinks, which I dislike.

The book also becomes very melodramatic towards the end. As usual, all the couple's pro
Coco.V
Apr 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/12/2020)! 🎁
Danielle Carpenter
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ann Seddon is a young woman who was raised up in her parents aristocratic ways. They manage to make her naive and submissive to their wants and desires for her. Ann decided since she didn't have a choice in the husband that they picked for her; she would try to love her husband. What she doesn't know is her husband has secrets, and tries to hide them from her. She's young, but she has a good moral backbone, and her husband's deception is hard on her heart. She tries to accept his infidelity, but ...more
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksirens
Ann has always known that she is destined for an arranged marriage. The man her parents have selected for her is a future duke, the handsome John Broadhurst. Ann finds him to be cold and aloof, but at she thinks at least he is quite handsome. She feels an attraction to him and hopes to make the best of their arrangement. But Ann will have even more obstacles to overcome in her new home than she could have predicted.

I started this book not really caring for either Ann or John, I found them both f
F
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Brenda
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Description:

Ann Seddon knew at an early age that her aristocratic parents would arrange an advantageous match on her behalf. Nuptials of convenience blended family fortunes and kept bloodlines pure. When her parents suggest John Broadhurst, the Marquess of Dorchester, as a potential mate, Ann dislikes their choice. Even though he appears dashingly handsome, she finds him to be a boorish and aloof man. Ann harbors a dark premonition that one day the marquess will break her heart. After beginning
Jayne Butcher
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lies, secrets and tragedy! Ann and John’s parents arranged their marriage, and duty required them to wed. Ann was disappointed because she wanted John to love her and he was polite and distant at best. Ann spent a great deal of time in an internal debate regarding gaining her husband’s affections. When she stumbled upon a secret, it broke her heart but not her resolve. Everything finally came to a head and tragedy struck, leaving Ann and John to redefine their relationship. This story is narrate ...more
Emily Pennington
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Ann Seddon came from a world where arranged marriages were expected for the betterment of each party. Her parents match her with John Broadhurst, the Marquess of Dorchester, as a potential husband. Ann would prefer to marry for love, and John, although handsome, was aloof. She has good reason to not eagerly embrace her new role in the marriage. Lies and secrets will be difficult for her to acknowledge, and an attempt on her life is treated casually by her new husband.

Although the writing was don
Kathy
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
An arranged marriage starts the relationship between John and Ann. I admired Ann's determination to win her husband's love but struggled with some of her decisions on how to go about it. John likewise made poor choices both before and after he married Ann. There were times I wanted to give up on them, but I wanted to know where the story would go. There is definitely a mystery at Blythe Court and I was surprised by the twist near the end. The characters finally learned some valuable lessons and ...more
Bettye McKee
Sep 17, 2022 marked it as romance-historical
Deserving five stars ✨✨✨✨✨

The story is an excellent portrayal of an arranged marriage.

Ann Seddon has been presented to the Queen, and now her parents are in the market for a suitable husband. They have settled on John Broadhurst, son of the Duke of Dorset. When Ann and John meet, Ann is disturbed by his cold, aloof manner toward her.

The couple marry but basically remain strangers. However, Ann discovers deception and betrayal by John and another woman, and she soon finds that her life is in dang
Sandy
May 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Unrequited love and tragedy go hand in hand.
An arranged marriage, betrayal, and mystery all within an intensity gripping tale. John and Ann’s story is rather sad and the author has done a wonderful job of writing it, she has given the reader an outstanding piece. The last chapter was such a mix of emotion it gave me chills. There is a lesson a life built on lies will crumble and can easily destroy everyone and everything around it. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to
Ceara Merkle
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book through me off I liked it. It just was't what I expected. Dutiful daughter and son get married out of obligation. The young woman tries to make son love her. Will she succeed or will the past rule the day?

The end wasn't quite what I expected. But pleasantly so. I enjoyed the epilog. Of finding out where their lives lead them.

Lauren Erzsebet
May 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be rather rushed towards the end and honestly found the lack of feeling coming from john very saddening.
I do like the regency theme and of course the situation between them does improve but I wish it was fleshed out a little more.
Everyone had a mask to hide behind and secrets nearly destroy Ann but overall I don't regret reading this book.
Barbara
May 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Romance With a Kiss of Suspense story that had a good storyline. Ann Seddon married John Broadhurst, the Marquess of Dorchester but he is keeping secrets that will come to hurt her. I enjoyed seeing this story come together. I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kitty Fernandez
Sep 19, 2022 rated it really liked it
Ann

Romance deceitful men servants chamber maids love sex and to titles this book will keep you entertain you Ann and John due thier duty for family strangers joined together by titles for thier family continued status quo
Irène Wadowski uliasz
J'ai passé un agréable moment de lecture. Cependant, j'ai eu du mal à croire en les sentiments de John envers Ann. ...more
Marion
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vivid imagery and witty dialog (“Shall I discretely give you names between sips of my soup?”) make Blythe Court a fun read, and an unexpected twist with a happy ending added some welcomed suspense. I also really enjoyed the writing style overall.
Shantel
Sep 21, 2022
Ann Faw
Mary Baker
Sep 17, 2022

• Trapped with the Duke (Miss Primm's Secret School for Budding Bluestockings, #1)
  • A Love Match for the Marquess (The Hesitant Husbands #1)
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Slightly Wicked (Those Very Bad Fairbanks, #3)
  • Let Love Grow: A Friends to Lovers Regency Romance (The Hearts of Regency England Series Book 1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Stolen Kisses from the Viscount (Stolen Kisses #1)
  • One Fateful May Day (Fated for a Rogue, #2)
  • To Save a Highland Sinner (Wicked Highland Misfits, #3)
  • Her Scottish Scoundrel (Diamonds in the Rough, #7)
  • Claimed by the Viscount (The Everly Club, #1)
  • Melting Matilda (The Return of the Mountain King, #0.6)
  • Broken Lines (EMP Survival in a Powerless World, #1)
  • Closer to Home (DI Kate Fletcher, #1)
  • To Heal an Earl (Soldiers & Soulmates #1)
  • With His Ring (The Brides of Bath, #2)
  • The Grace Year
  • The Forgotten Heiress
Award Winning Author of Historical Romance, Historical Family Sagas, Gothic Romance, and Historical Fiction. Books available in eBook, Print, and Audio.