Start by marking “The Twin” as Want to Read:
The Twin

The Twin

In this twisty psychological thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Cellar, Emmy finds out that her twin sister, Iris, is trying to push her out of her own life--and might be responsible for their mother's death.

After their parents divorced, 10-year-old twins Emmy and Iris were split up--Emmy lived with Dad, Iris with Mom. Now, after a tragic accident
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twin

Start your review of The Twin
Kristi
The Twin by Natasha Preston is a young adult psychological thriller about two twins, Ivy and Iris who are separated at the age of ten when their parents divorce. Ivy lives with her dad and Iris lives with her mom. They don’t have the twin bond that I so often hear about but because of the twins each visiting the other parent on off weekends and holidays/breaks, their sisterly bond isn’t strong.

"Somewhere over time and our parents' separation, our silly dreams died, and we stopped sharing any
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of THE TWIN by Natasha Preston in exchange for my honest review.***

At age ten, identical twins Iris and Ivy’s parents divorce, Iris moves with her mother, Ivy stays with her father. Now their mother is dead from fall while jogging and Iris is back with her sister and dad. Soon Ivy suspects Iris is gaslighting her.

I’m a sucker for books about twins, especially dark thrillers like THE TWIN. Natasha Preston can always be counted on to
Denise Andre
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free digital arc from netgally in return for my 100% honest opinion.

First and for most I am a huge fan of Natasha Preston and was super excited when she announced she was writing another book and even more excited when I saw the cover and title. What really intrigued me about this book was that I am an identical twin and how Natasha played on the good twin bad twin stigma.

Ivy and Iris are twins and when there parents divorce Ivy lives with dad and Iris lives with mom, with each of
Krissy
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley, ebooks
"The Twin" is about a set of identical twin girls who are anything but the usual twins. When their parents divorced years ago, one sister stayed with their dad, and one went with their mom. After their mom dies suddenly, Iris moves back in with her twin sister Ivy. Things start getting weird as Ivy realizes her sister may not exactly be normal, and have the best of intentions.

This was a YA psychological thriller. As long as you go into it knowing that, it's a fairly good book. If I'm being super
Meghan
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I am a fan of Natasha Preston and of The Cellar in how breathtakingly thrilling the story was and I had the same expectations of The Twin. I was shockingly surprised on how addicting and thrilling the story was of Ivy and Iris and how they lost their mom to a tragic accident and Iris moves in with Ivy and her dad
Karen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE TWIN
BY NATASHA PRESTON

I remember a good friend of mine and I discussing that sometimes a great reading experience can take up until the 50% mark before you actually srart to enjoy it. Up until recently I had thought that within the first couple pages I would just know or not whether a book was my kind of book. This book is another example of it taking up to fifty percent before I started to like it. This book was slow to get going but once it did it became addictively great. I don't usually
Danielle
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy cow this was a creepy book. I loved it!! Very well written and kept me interested. I felt bad for Ivy when Iris was obviously very manipulative and trying to take her life over.
Denise Andre
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marija
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-read-2020
Disclaimer: My review for this book is based on an ARC sent to my workplace by Delacorte Press; all the following opinions I express are wholly my own.

The Twin by Natasha Preston is a lot like a Sara Shepard book- has an interesting premise, but there's not a lot of meat to it.

I think it'll be perfect for the 12-16 year old age group; it seems scandalous, but in reality most of the material is very tame (and majorly unrealistic). It's not really a true thriller- it's a cotton candy version of
Ms. Yingling
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

Ivy has lived with her father ever since her parents divorced, but her twin sister Iris has lived with their mother. When their mother dies while running (she falls on a slippery bridge), Iris must come lives with Ivy. Both are grieving, although Iris is dry eyed. She also has to start a new high school, so things are awkward and tense. Ivy has a boyfriend, and is doing well, but things start to fall apart when Iris arrives. A dead mouse ends up in Ivy's swim
Jen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really did not like this book- it is not advertised as a young adult novel, but it certainly reads like one. The actions, dialogue, and characters' thoughts throughout the book are very shallow and immature. It centers on Ivy, a junior in high school whose mom passes away in an accident, causing her somewhat estranged sister Iris, who lived with their mother, to come live with Ivy and her dad. As soon as Iris gets there, bad things start happening to Ivy and she questions where Iris's ...more
Kirsty
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review

DNF @ 30% but skimmed to about 51%.

This is just some god awful writing. It's like someone watched 100 Lifetime movies within a few days, and then tried to write one.

Nothing feels natural. Our narrator, Ivy the good twin, is not written very well. Her narration of the story is honestly so uncomfortably bad that I was cringing while reading it.

Every chapter ends the same:

*Iris (the bad
Taulara Tipps
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
The Twin by Natasha Preston. I had high hopes for this one after reading The Cellar.

Thank you to @netgalley for providing me with a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Guys, I really wanted to like this one, cause I loved the last one I read. This one didn’t do it for me.
Maybe cause I’m old now and can’t relate to all teen angst and drama? I’m not sure. It just seemed overly paranoid and ridiculous and making mountains out of molehills on Ivy’s part. I felt like she just freaked out
Taulara Tipps
Kristen Johnson
Jan 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
This was a great story that follows 2 twin sisters that have been separated since their parents divorced, one twin living with each parent. After their mom dies suddenly, Iris comes to live with Ivy and their dad. The story follows the twins and the challenges of settling into life after the huge changes of losing a parent and living together again.

This story was so well-written that I couldn’t put it down! I loved the back and forth between the twins and the way everything played out. I really
Arlen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
The Twin by Natasha Preston
Publish date 3/3/2020
Read courtesy of NetGalley.net

Ms. Preston is way lucky the ending was worth the wait, because I almost never got there. About one-third through the story, I was ready to make this a DNF. It felt repetitive and formulaic. Been-there-done-that-check list: Evil twin , clueless adults , fickle friends ... But I decided to stick with it to see what's it was about this story that was worth publishing it. I'm glad I did.

However, I'm not sure how I'm going
Lilly Schmaltz
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Children's for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ivy isn't going crazy. She just can't convince anyone of that. Ever since her mother died, things have been odd. Ivy's twin sister, Iris, comes to live with them when mysterious and sinister events start to unfold. Ivy realizes that Iris is slowly succeeded and turning everyone against Ivy. Now she must work alone to figure out the truth behind her mother's death.

This was the
mandabutler
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arc, net-galley
This was my first Natasha Preston book, though I've been looking at them for awhile. My 15 year old niece loves them.

Overall, I really liked this book. It was a super quick read and kept me hooked. Some of the plot is predictable, but the way Preston went about it surprised me. There were a few sections where I felt that some events happened to quickly, or were not explained. There are a couple timeline gaps, maybe a day or two, but I feel like some of them might have been important.

However, I
DesiRae Jones
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book free for my honest review*

If you've ever read a Natasha Preston book, then just reading the title of this book tells you what to expect. But I'm not complaining.

Ivy is a hard working well adjusted girl. When her mother dies and her twin sister moves in with her and her dad everything spirals downhill fast.

Like any suspense movie Ivys friends quickly turn on her and her sister Iris has an easy job at framing her for incident after incident.

In the end Iris wins (we all kind
Vanessa
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Natasha Preston knocked this one of the park!!! The Twin is a fast paced thriller you won't be able to put down.

After a tragic accident that resulted in their mother's death, teenager twin girls are reunited. The twins lived separate for the past six years after their parents divorce. Although identical twins, Iris and Ivy have very different personalities. Ivy starts to question if she really knows her twin as her life spirals out of control.

The Twin is hands down one of the best
Cheryl
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Ivy and Iris are twins, separated at age 12 when their parents divorced. A few years later, their mother is dead and Iris joins Ivy in living with their father. Ivy worries about her sister, then realizes her sister seems to be trying to take over HER life. Her friends, her classes, her boyfriend, and even her dad. Ivy tries to connect with Iris's old friends and no one will talk with her, until Kat.

Kat meets Ivy and tells her to be careful of Iris. Soon after, Kat is dead. Ivy tries to convince
Lindsey
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-mystery
Review for an e-copy from Netgalley

4.5 stars.

This has the addictive qualities of a Lifetime movie, where you might know what tropes or a few twists here and there, but can't fully guess what might happen next, so you're stuck between two or three options. Now if those movies aren't for you, chances are you will not like this book, but if this interests you and do like those or aren't familiar with the YA thriller genre, it is definitely worth a read.
Brooke
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook from Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion and review. This was quite the story. It’s scary to see how easy it could be to manipulate someone and change their whole life. I really like Ivy’s character. She is true to herself throughout the entire story, even when things make a turn for the worst. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes physiological thrillers
Elizabeth Scheiner
The twin is a psychological thriller geared towards YA and teens. The storyline progresses a little slowly at times making it a little hard to stay immersed. It was a nice easy read and at times it really did grip me and transport me into Ivy's life. I felt what she felt and man did it get me! I was a little upset with the ending but I'm hoping this opens it up for a sequel.

I was given a digital ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Ashley Sartorius
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow!!! Natasha has done it again! She always seems to shock me beyond belief! I loved this book so much! So much crazy, intense twin rival! I could not get enough of this story. Though Obviously I would have liked a different ending but to choose that ending then something you would expect made it all better!
Ashley Sartorius
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michele
Mindy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, very suspenseful! Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. The build-up in this book is amazing. The ending isn't how I wanted it all to pan out, but it definitely makes the book more intense. I would love it if a sequel happened (hint, hint, Natasha Preston).
Jennifer Tucker
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great thrilling story! I was hooked from the very beginning and could not believe everything that was happening. My heart broke for Ivy and I did not expect the ending at all. I have my fingers crossed for a second book!
Morgan Schulman
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review

Jessica Wakefield Unbound- if Todd and Enid went along with her bullshit

• You Are Not Alone
  • Little Secrets
  • The New Husband
  • The Girls Weekend
  • Dead to Her
  • Beckomberga: Ode till min familj
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Pretty Things
  • What Unbreakable Looks Like
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • There's Someone Inside Your House
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • Been There, Married That
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Wives
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author of The Cellar and The Cabin. Romance and YA Thriller writer, Tom Hardy enthusiast, and always buried in a book.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk